• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

RWBY

Learning the ways of OPM's style comes at a price.

212249441500697c6c18fbdc0abf928a.jpg

I binged the series, I've been doing that for a lot of series recently, this, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, One Punch man. I watch this thread now. I should probably leave the binging till Christmas break tbh

I binged the series, I've been doing that for a lot of series recently, this, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, One Punch man. I watch this thread now. I should probably leave the binging till Christmas break tbh
Boop.gif

welcome friend

that last pannel lol

Crap. Forgot about Rwby Sunday (youtube version here x,x)... I'll watch it when I wake up later..

that last pannel lol

Crap. Forgot about Rwby Sunday (youtube version here x,x)... I'll watch it when I wake up later..
RWBY Season 3 Episode 3 isn't out for anyone yet. Apparently it's coming out NEXT sunday.

New episode came out a little while ago.

Weiss followed by Ruby goes to meet Weiss's older sister Winter who just arrived on the aircraft. Weiss and Winter relationship feels strict/distant/formal where Winter would also call Weiss's performance in the festival so far disappointing. Winter also has low opinion of Ruby, but gives thanks for taking an interest for her younger sister. Winter and Weiss [along with Winter's robot guards] leave to see Weiss's dorm for inspection since she was early, but is interrupted when two of the robot guards were decapitated by Qrow.

After an exchange of words where they show disgust for each other a fight soon breaks out between Qrow and Winter. The fight itself showed they were pretty even with each other so far. During the fight Mercury saw Qrow and was surprised before he left. Ruby joins Weiss spectating the fight where Weiss complains a crazy drunk is attacking her sister, but Ruby is excited to see that it's her uncle Qrow and cheers for him to win which prompts Weiss to cheer for Winter. The battle still feels even, but just when Qrow is about to step it up a notch he stops as he sees something which he amusingly puts his weapon away + taunts Winter. This causes Winter to attempt an attack on an unarmed Qrow until Ironwood/Penny appears and told Winter to stand down. Winter is scolded for starting the fight and letting it escalate where there was damage/bunch of onlookers watching. Ironwood is not pleased to see Qrow either where the feeling is mutual. Then Ozpin and Glynda show up to help move the crowd to watch a festival fight instead/repair the damages. Ozpin then tells Qrow/Ironwood/Winter to come. As they leave Ruby goes meet up with uncle Qrow where they have a pretty laid-back, but obviously close relationship with each other which is an interesting contrast compared to Winter/Weiss.

Back in Ozpin's place, there is still argument over the fight while Qrow is drinking making them impatient. Ozpin/Ironwood ask where has he been and why did he come here since they lost communication with Qrow for a few weeks. More argument about communication since they failed to update Qrow on their intel under the assumption he was compromised. Qrow tells Winter she doesn't need to be hear for this discussion which Ironwood sends her out in response. Qrow continues to say someone has infiltrated and it's not a pawn figure either. Ironwood says that he has the solution which is his military/ship fleet to make the citizens feel safe/make the enemies fear which makes Qrow laugh. He says that not only was that not subtle which is how they usually protected from the shadows, but the enemy won't fear his "little ships". Qrow claims what he has seen is what should be feared. Ironwood then asks what the solution should be where Ozpin muses we should have a guardian.

In Cinder's dorm, Mercury tells the others what he saw as Qrow making them question what they should do in response. Cinder just said to proceed accordingly and to assure that they still don't know who they are. Cinder then has a tablet where she is informed there is some breach in Ironwoods security and also shows that she in charge of the "random" picker for the festival fights which now makes sense on her early "we know how it ends" remark. Episode ends as Cinder's duo team [Mercury and Emerald] vs team CFVY [Coco and Yatsuhashi] is about to fight in the festival in the duo rounds.

Basically more formal character introductions, nice fight, exposition, and foreshadowing

Oh right! I dont think I shared these with you guys yet.

Its time for another exciting episode of Mammoth RIder's RWBY Recaps!

Remembering all the stuff that happened in previous episodes with funny screencaps and jokes to get you pumped for new eps.

well shit i didn't expect to see Coco and Daichi getting worfed for the team cinder hype but rip
good other stuff though. Qrow's a fun character. I got a huge kick out of Glynda's "HE'S ALWAYS DRUNK" line.

Ruby is adorable, Qrow is my second favorite drunk guy in anything ever, and Cinder is being as obviously evil as Victor von Doom.
I like this episode.

No RWBY episode today. But a "World of Remnant" episode's showing so that's som'in I guess. Leme know what it's about? =3

The first chapter of the RWBY manga has hit, everyone!

It's a pretty resounding "okay" for a first chapter. Art's a little wonky, but the artist actually managed to capture all the movement that went into the Red Like Roses trailer, so props to that.

Looking forward to more, for sure, though!

The first chapter of the RWBY manga has hit, everyone!

It's a pretty resounding "okay" for a first chapter. Art's a little wonky, but the artist actually managed to capture all the movement that went into the Red Like Roses trailer, so props to that.

Looking forward to more, for sure, though!
The first chapter is worth reading, solely because Jaune gets shitstomped.

New episode 4

Emerald/Mercury fight Team CFVY and pretty much stomped Coco/Yatsuhashi. It was nice seeing that team more, but they were pretty much fodder for plot advancement. Coco pretty much was shooting everywhere and missing while Yatsuhashi's big ass sword was too slow to keep up with Mercury. Mercury even soloed both Coco and Yatsuhashi for a bit. Emerald might have some shapeshifting power since she disguised herself as Yatsuhashi briefly trying to trick Coco until the announcer said Yatsuhashi was eliminated by Mercury.

KViU19a.png

Weiss and Winter talk alone where Winter saying she is leaving again soon because she was here to oversea shipment since the last one was attacked referencing volume 2. Also said that mecha they fought was just a prototype and the real thing might have gave them more trouble. Winter also reveals their family is unique since by bloodline they can use unique abilities like summoning which is the one thing Weiss is currently struggling with. Winter explains Weiss just needs to practice more as she casually summons a white grim type creature next to her as she pets it.

v5qckEX.png

Ruby and Yang are with Qrow in their dorm playing video-games. They ask what his last mission was like where he gives short epic of an answer that pretty much annoys Yang. Ruby/Yang then pretty much brag how professional they are like what happened in end of volume 2, but Qrow dismisses that since they failed to stop the train to invade the area with grim. He also said stopping Roman didn't accomplish anything since someone else is controlling now which he remarks Ironwood won't understand. Yang asked how he knew the general and Qrow says he knows everyone to an extent like their parents as he shows them the picture of his old team which is giving Yang a noticeable reaction. Qrow then starts to leave, but leaves with a few words like don't get overly confident/don't thing after you graduate the hard part is over.

bjfyO1c.png

Winter then oversees Weiss practicing, but Weiss grows frustrated. Weiss says she can't do it where Winter slaps her and tells her if that is all her effort will amount then she won't win the tournament let alone be a huntress. Then smugly says if she wants to quit she can always leave Beacon and beg their father to be a receptionist or something. Weiss then angrly says she doesn't need him, but Winter says she needs his money though. Weiss then mentions how when she was gonna pay for lunch it was not working which Winter sarcastically says it was father cutting her off due to lack of contact. This pretty much pissed Wiess off and continues to practice which Winter says emotion can give her strength, but don't let it overwhelm her. Winter then gives Weiss to choices: Talk to her father again and beg him for his money back while explaining why she is in Beacon instead of Atlas or ignore him and forge her own path as a huntress. Weiss and Winter then separate after they embrace. As they walk away you can see a very small white sword from Weiss's latest practice attempt before it disappears which implies she is making progress. Later when Weiss's dad tries to call Weiss she ignores it which makes it obvious which path she took.

MBpu6Rc.png

So alright episode. The fight was a predictable fodder stomp match, but episode wasn't just about the fight. Episode mainly centered around Weiss as she interacts with her sister. Reveals a few things like her bloodline perk and her tension with her dad. Shows that despite the military front Winter gives to Weiss she still very much cares for her. Qrow interaction with Ruby/Yang was casual as they played video games and it had some comedy especially during his "mission" tale, but it grows serious when he tells them to not get overconfident with yourselves. Also more about their parents which is more serious moment. There was a noticeable lack of Blake probably because unlike the other three she doesn't have a mentor figure to talk with which I won't be surprised she will get some screentime either next episode or soon considering the closest one to that is likely Adam

So I'm catching up on Ep 3 and 4, and I'm getting a real big Noragami vibe.

ALSO OF COURSE HIS NAME IS CROW

Watched episode 3 finally. Dude, they did a great job hyping up Qrow's weapon. While disappointed that he powered it down, the animators did a great job with it's hype.

Wanna throw ideas around, just to stur the topic a bit instead of it always "spoiler talk".

What do you guys thing is Ozpin's Semblance? They've not showed him battle yet, which makes even knowing his weapons hard to predict.

Last edited:
What do you guys thing is Ozpin's Semblance? They've not showed him battle yet, which makes even knowing his weapons hard to predict.
I'm trying to figure that out as well, so far it looks like he ether has Ruby's speed or Yang's ability to get stronger with every blow. At least that's what it looks like to me.

I think that Ozpin probably has time powers.

That's mostly because he has a clock thing going on.
Exactly what I was thinking. I think he has the ability to manipulate time itself. I mean, look at his design. While he looks youthful, he's noticeably older than his close friends and colleagues. I think from his use of time takes a very harsh toll on his body. While it leaves him wiser, it could also bring him closer to death at a faster rate.

What I think about it. Would explain how he's so wise and up beat and youthful, but also looking much older than his closest friends.

The clocks and gears that surround him are I think a way to keep his power in check. Might be one of those powers that would be hard to control after a while, and using such a system would prevent an accidental slippage of time.

Qrow's (god damn) weapon kind of reminds me of the Monado.

My favourite character is still the blonde magicky lady with Ozpin.

>Glynda Goodwitch
Makes sense

>Good witch on the streets
That's nice

>Bad witch in the sheets
Nice

I got caught up on the episodes 3 and 4

Maybe its only me but I feel the animation feels stiffer? Like some scenes it feels like action figures moving around.
The rendering looks way better than season 1 though.

So much shipping, it makes too much sense lol.

I'd say it feels contrived to have 2 new characters fight right off the bat but then Season one didn't have as much fighting as i thought it would and now I'm just being unpleasable. Cool fight though

Ruby's way too cute in this episode. I wanna see here and Qrow interact more.

I was like you 2 are gonna break things but then I remember that Glinda can just fix it all.

Animation feels better in episode 4. Will we ever see this Inn Keeper though?????

Last edited:
I only like RWBY because of the animation, character design and my friends liking it as well.
I wonder whats under adam's mask.

Back