• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Seattle, WA

Hilary

Reaction score
I've been itching to get a local weekly together (I don't care how small) but I'd like more info on where everyone's at geographically so we can work on finding a centralized place. If you know of a game shop or LAN place that can host offline events weekly, please share. I'll be doing some homework on that this week.

So Seattle area players, tell me where you're at!

Redmond/Bellevue here.

Yooo I'm in the Renton/Kent area.
Not sure about any place for this to be, but this sounds like it could be fun.

GameBreakerz in Auburn looks pretty promising.

They have pretty cheap casual play, and I'd read that they have some streaming capabilities/stations available.

Do you think you'd be able to make it there on a Sunday or Monday?

Yeah I should be able to make it there on Sundays/Mondays, probably not this or next week though. I got traveling and party things to go to.

Yeah I should be able to make it there on Sundays/Mondays, probably not this or next week though. I got traveling and party things to go to.

No worries. Christmas and New Years' aren't the greatest times to nerd out.

I'd like to go check the place out and give the streams a dry run before we plan on anything too.

... this is honestly one of those times where I wish I could drive. I'm in Maple Valley. Heck, I've even been to Gamebreakerz once (not that I remember where exactly in Auburn it is).

Vancouver gathering on Saturday, January 4th :)

Reactions: Hilary
Oh hey, I actually live in Auburn, so Gamebreakerz would be pretty sweet for me. :D

So that awesome Vancouver, BC event that's happening Jan 4th. Is anyone from WA going? I ask because me and a friend will be driving up from the Portland, OR area. If anyone needs a ride we've (currently) got 4 open spaces in my van. Some amount of gas money will be requested, but it shouldn't be too much.

So let me know waddup, and I'll sort out logistics later.

So that awesome Vancouver, BC event that's happening Jan 4th. Is anyone from WA going? I ask because me and a friend will be driving up from the Portland, OR area. If anyone needs a ride we've (currently) got 4 open spaces in my van. Some amount of gas money will be requested, but it shouldn't be too much.

So let me know waddup, and I'll sort out logistics later.

I've gotta see if I can get the time off work.

If I can, I'll let you know by the Jan 1st and I can cover as much gas as is necessary.

Reactions: Choose Goose
Hey guys got another Vancpuver event happening on Feb. 1 ; over 8 confirmed already.

Come on up!

I'm located near the University District.

A friend of my older brother is working on opening up Gosu Bar and Lounge, which could be a good potential venue in the future. Should be opening in the University District, don't have an ETA, though.

Well, kind of? I had two people sound interested in trying the game out again, but only two.

Talked to my brother who tells me the Gosu place is opening soon in Fremont.

However, the owner is currently not planning on supporting Skullgirls (or GG + BB). If you guys are interested in the venue, my brother and I will do our best to convince them to support SG.

Talked to my brother who tells me the Gosu place is opening soon in Fremont.

However, the owner is currently not planning on supporting Skullgirls (or GG + BB). If you guys are interested in the venue, my brother and I will do our best to convince them to support SG.
What does support mean, in this case? If you bring the console and monitor yourself, all you really need is an area of the bar to put the setup. They won't even do that?

What does support mean, in this case? If you bring the console and monitor yourself, all you really need is an area of the bar to put the setup. They won't even do that?

Now that I think about it, it would have probably just meant we'd have to install the game on their machines ourselves (don't think they plan to have extra TVs for consoles brought from home at this point) and no tournament support.

My brother talked to Aaron, the owner, yesterday at a Gosu event and it didn't take a whole lot of persuasion to convince him to at least have Skullgirls available.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
There will be a new AFK Tavern opening in Renton soon. It should be perfect location for everyone in Renton, Auburn, Kent. Tacoma dudes can get to it relatively easily, as well as all the eastside guys.

Once it's open, it's definitely the perfect venue for weekly offline things.

Update on Gosu Lounge.

I've been told it will "almost certainly" be located in Ballard and that they're planning on having the place up and running before the end of May. Aaron also says that they might be importing an arcade cabinet with Guilty Gear XRD.

I'm in Oregon but I drive up to Slugfest tourneys usually (in Lynnwood i think? GameClucks/GameZone). We have a solid amount of players down here and they'll be willing to come up with me for an SG tourney or casuals if people are gonna show up.

I'm in Oregon but I drive up to Slugfest tourneys usually (in Lynnwood i think? GameClucks/GameZone). We have a solid amount of players down here and they'll be willing to come up with me for an SG tourney or casuals if people are gonna show up.
Do you play with ChooseGoose much?

Do you play with ChooseGoose much?

Dunno him I'm afraid :S
Is he from Portland?

Sometimes Corvallis, sometimes Portland.

I'm even on the facebook group yo

Lol my bad man, what's your name in the group? It's hard to recognize people by their handles when you usually see their real name..

I just found this thread. I live in the redmond area and would love the chance to play more skullgirls. I sadly only have the bus as my transportation, so that limits the areas i can go to for tournaments.

I just found this thread. I live in the redmond area and would love the chance to play more skullgirls. I sadly only have the bus as my transportation, so that limits the areas i can go to for tournaments.

#redmondboys

CALLING ALL NERDS! Sakura-con is APPARENTLY HAVING A SKULLGIRLS TOURNAMENT TOMORROW AT 11PM. GOD DAMN

CALLING ALL NERDS! Sakura-con is APPARENTLY HAVING A SKULLGIRLS TOURNAMENT TOMORROW AT 11PM. GOD DAMN

Go and smash face for those of us who can't go

I'm going to try lol. I forgot to pre-reg, and I don't have the cash to get a hotel room. I'm praying i can crash at my sister's place lol

I'm going to try lol. I forgot to pre-reg, and I don't have the cash to get a hotel room. I'm praying i can crash at my sister's place lol

it'll likely be 80-100 for con fee + parking. that's money I really want to put towards UFGT or another canada trip if at all possible. :(

Give 'em hell for thinking they can dodge seattle's finest. <3

I KNOW! I'm gonna be there too. Glad to know I won't be the only one there. I'm not great at the game but I gotta be there for this.

It's $65 at the door to get into the con but my friend said it's usually crazy to do so.

I'll be walking there from the ferry terminal since i live on an island lol. but yeah, i've gone without pre-regging before, and yeah it sucks haha

Alright, I'm signed up for it and when I looked at the listing, it was just 10 of us. Domo was right at the top haha

Edit: alright, its close to 20 people now. Here and ready to get destroyed!

Last edited: