• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Sep 11, 2015] TFC - The Fall Classic - $500 Pot Bonus - Free SG Entry! (Raleigh, NC)

ElkyDori

No Quarter
Reaction score
Steam
Elky Dori
PSN
ElkyDori
Painwheel Cerebella
THE SKULLGIRLS SIDE TOURNAMENT HAS FREE ENTRY AT TFC!
Pre-register now at: thefallclassicnc.com/tfc-registration/

5V5dNRp.jpg
Big E went HAM on Skullgirls after the superb turnout at Combo Breaker. Among his decrees was that Skullgirls would be included at TFC this year, with a $500 pot bonus and FREE ENTRY!

The elephant in the room is that this tournament is a mere two weeks after Summer Jam 9. It is very demanding on our community to attend two tournaments back-to-back like that. My advice to you is: if you are forced to choose between Summer Jam and TFC, prioritize Summer Jam. We have a concrete attendance goal at SJ with a $500 reward at NEC. Also, SJ is strictly a Big E event while TFC is a co-production for him. I believe loyalty is important and I would rather support his solo events if forced to choose.

However, if you cannot make it to Summer Jam, or are feeling like a true road warrior, TFC will be a blast. That free entry sounds pretty sweet and not to mention that North Carolina houses a decent collection of SG soldiers willing to defend their turf. Oh, and did I mention 500 DOLLARS?!

Ye olde Facebook event page ctrl+C, ctrl+V doth say:
TFC 2015 - The Fall Classic 2015

DATE:
9/11/15 - 9/13/15

3415 Wade Forest road
Raleigh, NC 27609
884-631-4851

SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES:
TBA

MAIN TOURNAMENTS ($10 ENTRY FEE PER GAME):
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Guilty Gear Xrd
Persona 4 Ultimax 2
Blazblue Chronophantasma
Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late
Mortal Kombat X
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Project M
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Killer Instinct
Pokemon OR/AS
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
King of Fighters 13

SIDE TOURNAMENTS:
Injustice
Mortal Kombat 9
Soul Calibur V
Splatoon
Skullgirls

RULES:
TBA

FEES:
Online pre-reg opens July 1st.

Register online and save yourself the hassle of waiting in line before the tournament!

Emergency On-site Registration Fee - $60 (Does not guarantee you seeding by location or otherwise!)

Spectator Fee - $20

SCHEDULE:
TBA

STREAMS:
TBA

Eric "Big E" Small (eric2necphilly@yahoo.com)
Larry Dixon (atlfinalround@hotmail.com)
Joe Caramelli (thisisiloveu@gmail.com)

Last edited:
For me, every tournament is cross-country, but I think I can actually make it to this since it's not that long of a drive.

YES YES YES YES YES YES

I'd have to discuss this with my family first, but I might be able to provide accommodations for some people if anyone is tryin' ta find a place to stay. I'm about a 20 min drive from the venue.

Reactions: cloudKing211
Damn, Imma have to level-the-fuck-up. People gonna be steam rollin' me in my own town.

Also, let's go to Beasley's. They got some damn good honey chicken, shit is irresistible.

TFC is right around the corner guys! Please go to www.thefallclassicnc.com to get the early bird special of $25 for the door fee! This is only for this week so register now before it's too late! You know you're coming so get in for the low low.

Reactions: Vadsamoht
Big E hasn't responded to any tweets I've sent him regarding the state of SG there; gonna have to find out Friday if he doesn't respond. :/

I need to get to that tournament and i hope i meet SonicFox :)

Big E hasn't responded to any tweets I've sent him regarding the state of SG there; gonna have to find out Friday if he doesn't respond. :/
He hasn't answered any of my questions on the TFC Facebook event page either. Certainly feels like he considers SG players a nuisance.

He hasn't answered any of my questions on the TFC Facebook event page either. Certainly feels like he considers SG players a nuisance.
Probably, but there is NO reason he should do so. We are paying alot of money to attend his tournament, why should he not give us the respect he gives any part of the FGC?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Honestly it took him a while to answer the MKX people back with Summer Jam
And the USFIV people on which console was going to be played.

I think he's just a bit slow with responding sometimes.

Consider contacting LIJoe or ShinBlanka as well?

I'm just assuming since its a side tournament and KPB isn't streaming there that it isn't going to get streamed :(

SG is a side tournament at TFC. Pot bonus and free entry, but a side tournament nonetheless.

If i do go, any spots open for a room? More than likely coming on Friday.

I'll join the room if it's good for everybody.

Did anyone find out what day the side tourney was being held or know when It might be?

Did anyone find out what day the side tourney was being held or know when It might be?
Looks like the schedule was updated today. Skullgirls is still not listed.

So does this mean that people signing up for TFC do not even know that Skullgirls tournament is being held there? That's kinda sad i guess.

So does this mean that people signing up for TFC do not even know that Skullgirls tournament is being held there? That's kinda sad i guess.
There's a $500 pot bonus (or since it's free entry I guess you just call that the "pot", and not a bonus) so there certainly should be a tournament.

Someone knows if this tourney will be streamed ? And if that someone's answer is "yes", I would be thankful toward him to share the stream's link :)

Someone knows if this tourney will be streamed ? And if that someone's answer is "yes", I would be thankful toward him to share the stream's link :)
Did you read the thread at all lol we don't even know when the tournament is or who's running it

Reactions: Chip Blaster
There's a $500 pot bonus (or since it's free entry I guess you just call that the "pot", and not a bonus) so there certainly should be a tournament.

I mean i know they announced it on twitter and facebook. But because there is no info for SG on their site i would assume people that go there for signups would know nothing of it. Is what i mean. Not like any of the majority of people would go about looking up information as such soley by looking up their site , but still...

Will top 8 stream tonight or tomorrow?

I just checked in, killin' time with mijitos over at Bahama Breeze. Still don't know what the deal is with SG...