• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Sep 19, 2014] GUTS 3 (Ledyard, Connecticut)

Via Facebook:
HUGE NEWS! Legendary Guilty Gear player Ruu will be traveling all the way from Japan to compete at GUTS 3! I can not express how blown away I am to be able to have this happen at an event I am hosting. This is amazing! Here is the announcement from our thread on Dustloop:

The legendary Buri player and master of ソレ~ returns to America! It is my pleasure to announce that Ruu will enter the +R tournament at GUTS 3.

The gracious host of this event, Game Underground, has also offered to provide a $250 pot bonus for +R.

And a message from Ruu himself:

今年もGUTS開催おめでとうございます!ご招待頂き、本当にありがとうございます。今回で三度目となる、大好きなアメリカに、ゲーマーとしてまた伺えることを本当に嬉しく思います。
他の面白いタイトルに負けない魅力がたくさんあるGGXXAC+Rを、皆さんと僕のプレイングでたくさんの人達に魅せられればいいなーと思います。
盛り上げていきましょう!

Congratulations on the announcement of this year's GUTS! I am very grateful for the invitation to the event. This will be my third time in America and as a gamer I am very happy to be able to visit again. There's a lot of other appealing titles, but I hope to bring the attention of everyone to GGXXAC+R with my play. Let's get hype!

Indeed! Now's your chance to pay your respects, prove your worth, or perhaps even strike down a god. Let's show Ruu that +R isn't just some game that has characters that aren't in Xrd. Come to GUTS and keep Guilty Gear alive!

A final note: Ruu will be accompanied by a friend who just so happens to play Tekken. If you play TTT2, come through!

Reactions: Hilary
All the Friday night hotel rooms at the discounted rate have sold out. They are working on adding more, I'll let you all know when that happens, but in general it's looking like putting off reserving a hotel room is a bad strategy cause they're going quick.

Also, tickets should be on sale sometime this week if everything goes according to plan.

Nidhogg added to the lineup. The Nidhogg tournament will have a cap, so if you want to enter make sure to sign up as early as possible (which you can't actually do yet, because tickets still aren't available for purchase, but like, as soon as they are).

Guitar Hero III and Rock Band 2 have been added to the lineup. Maybe you don't even like fighting games, you just wanna play guitar??? Well now you can.

So help me I will get to 2000 posts by this thread alone

Reactions: Natezer
btw just putting it out there, but I'm gonna be driving up, so if any of the nyc crew needs a ride hit me up.

Also, damn I'm gonna have to brush up on my GH skills its been a while. I just hope no Through the Fire and Flames, don't think my fingers can handle that.

Reactions: dekillsage
OH MY GOD YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT NOW

Click the following URL link on your Internet-capable device and click "Buy Tickets" then follow the prompts: http://www.foxwoods.com/guts3.aspx

When you register make sure in addition to registering for the games you wanna play also check off the competitor pass at the top! If you don't include this then you are not actually registered for the event! Try real hard not to fuck this up! I included a helpful diagram:

9TAiaHo.png

Reactions: Rizil
Registered. I'm officially in. ROAD TRIP SON!

Reactions: mcpeanuts
OH MY GOD YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT NOW

Click the following URL link on your Internet-capable device and click "Buy Tickets" then follow the prompts: http://www.foxwoods.com/guts3.aspx

When you register make sure in addition to registering for the games you wanna play also check off the competitor pass at the top! If you don't include this then you are not actually registered for the event! Try real hard not to fuck this up! I included a helpful diagram:

9TAiaHo.png

Aaahhh i didn't get payed yet and I don't know if i'll have those days off. Any clue when they'll stop selling passes?

Aaahhh i didn't get payed yet and I don't know if i'll have those days off. Any clue when they'll stop selling passes?
I'm not sure. I'll see if I can get in touch with Jamie about it.

e: They're on sale until the Thursday before the event.

I'm not sure. I'll see if I can get in touch with Jamie about it.

e: They're on sale until the Thursday before the event.

Sweet, that's just enough time for me to plan out if I can go, and ask @Icky last minute if he can take me. :PUN:

I'm registered let's go.

So things are lining up that I might actually be able to go to this. Probably just me from Norcal though.

Looking for roommates I guess. Also can somebody who knows about flying/airlines tell me what I should use to get to there from Cali? I know absolutely nothing on flying.

I'm actually kinda hype for this. I've never been outside of Cali/Nevada/Oregon so It might be cool for me to just sort of see the east coast.

EDIT: The thing isn't accepting my credit card. Wonder what's going on.
EDIT 2: Never mind. It wasn't going through because i didn't fill all the fields for my tag.

Last edited:
Guys... we already have 8 people registered for Skullgirls. It's like a major...

So things are lining up that I might actually be able to go to this. Probably just me from Norcal though.

Looking for roommates I guess. Also can somebody who knows about flying/airlines tell me what I should use to get to there from Cali? I know absolutely nothing on flying.

I'm actually kinda hype for this. I've never been outside of Cali/Nevada/Oregon so It might be cool for me to just sort of see the east coast.

EDIT: The thing isn't accepting my credit card. Wonder what's going on.
EDIT 2: Never mind. It wasn't going through because i didn't fill all the fields for my tag.
Foxwoods is sort of in a shit location that isn't really very close to an airport. I think your best bet would be to get a flight to TF Green airport in Providence RI and then take a bus from there to Foxwoods. As far as airlines I generally use Kayak.com since it tends to find pretty cheap flights. The earlier you buy a flight the cheaper it will be, don't make my mistake from NCR and wait until the month of the tournament to buy plane tickets.

snip
TF Green airport in Providence RI
If I end up going (still unsure since I'm not playing fighting games atm) I can pick you up at TF Green and drive you to Foxwoods,and drive you back to the airport. I'd just request a few bucks for gas money

If I end up going (still unsure since I'm not playing fighting games atm) I can pick you up at TF Green and drive you to Foxwoods,and drive you back to the airport. I'd just request a few bucks for gas money
You should probably still go even if you don't enter. I didn't enter at NEC 2013 and I would still put that like top 5 tournaments all time.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
TF Green airport in Providence RI

If you take the plane to Bradley international in CT, I live well within driving distance, so I can also help with the picking up and whatnot.

Also, for those who may not have somewhere to stay, I'm not terribly far from there (an hour), so I may be willing up put a few of ya up at my place if it comes down to it.

I'll take you up on the driving offer @DaydreamingSorc. I'll chip in for gas and whatnot, just remind me.

Who still needs a room? @Hilary @WarpedEcho what is your status on this?

I won't be able to confirm availability for a while. Go on ahead without me. <3

I like the thought that maybe this tournament will be bigger than Guts II. Come on, let's shoot for 9 people everybody!

Seriously though, every body show up. Let's beat out at least one other tournament in entrants (Or let's be ambitious and beat two other tournaments!). I will be registering in a week or two, maybe three. Over extended myself in Vegas a bit, don't have extra to put down quite yet.

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
I'll take you up on the driving offer @DaydreamingSorc. I'll chip in for gas and whatnot, just remind me.

Who still needs a room? @Hilary @WarpedEcho what is your status on this?
I like sleep and have yet to register a sleeping station, so yes, I need a room

Driving to this shit would be suuuuuuuuuuuch a bitch but man it'd be cool. Maaaybe.

I wouldn't enter SG though I'd go for Smash/Helping Run SG/Hanging out with you all in hotel rooms cuz <3

Great! You can join New Your on our road trip to guts. I mean 8 guys in a minivan on a road trip what could go wrong?

Sounds good. I'll get around to booking a room today.

A 4th person would also be preferred.

If noone ends up taking me up on that other offer of mine it might just be easier to stay the whole time there, so i'll be your 4th if ya need one.

So Uh, I guess there is no rooms right now? Looks like I'm taking you up on your housing offer @DaydreamingSorc

@cloudKing211 @Warped I dunno how reliable for a room i am now.

EDIT: It looks like the only rooms available are for Saturday and Sunday night :/

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
So Uh, I guess there is no rooms right now? Looks like I'm taking you up on your housing offer @DaydreamingSorc

@cloudKing211 @Warped I dunno how reliable for a room i am now.

EDIT: It looks like the only rooms available are for Saturday and Sunday night :/
; ; someone pls house me