• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shantae Series

Also, Zeriam needs to be a canon Shantae character. Who is with me?

Where did this come up from all of a sudden?

At least a cameo, lol

You too, huh? What will my one minute cameo be about?

Where did this come up from all of a sudden?

You too, huh? What will my one minute cameo be about?
Well, you are the one keeping everybody filled in on what the crew is doing with the game.
and dont forget the 2500 bucks you dropped on it

Do you think Wayforward would wait a little and use Indiegogo to try and fund their stretch goals if they dont meet them with the kickstarter?

Last edited:
Cameo should be talking about how awesome Shantae is

Naw. Too easy. I'd be just another love struck fan worshiping her from her home town. They have too many npc's doing that as it is.

Well, you are the one keeping everybody filled in on what the crew is doing with the game.
and dont forget the 2500 bucks you dropped on it

Do you think Wayforward would wait a little and use Indiegogo to try and fund their stretch goals if they dont meet them with the kickstarter?

That is true, but there are others as well. Don't forget them.

It's possible, but I don't know about that.

It's possible, but I don't know about that.
I just want to see wayforward make good DLC. They didn't let us down with Mighty Switch Force, and just knowing all the stretch goals they have and how much work they put into the game really would be a shame to see all for naught.

I just want to see wayforward make good DLC. They didn't let us down with Mighty Switch Force, and just knowing all the stretch goals they have and how much work they put into the game really would be a shame to see all for naught.

I still have Mighty Switch Force & Mighty Switch Force 2 on my first 3DS and even written a review on them before Skullheart crashed.

16.png

It's up to the fans to make the goals happen. I'm doing my part.

I still have Mighty Switch Force & Mighty Switch Force 2 on my first 3DS and even written a review on them before Skullheart crashed.

It's up to the fans to make the goals happen. I'm doing my part.
me too! but, I'm lazy so I wont take a pic of my 3ds to show you....

Haha Sano you said the same thing twice.

But I shouldn't be laughing since I do not own a 3DS.

Haha Sano you said the same thing twice.

But I shouldn't be laughing since I do not own a 3DS.
Where? I'll delete it.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/shantae-series.163/page-10#post-5386

But you don't have to delete it since it wasn't a double post. I think you were just restating something and the wording was almost exactly the same.

As for that coin, while I agree it is awesome, I never had much interest in coins. Unless you put it in a display in your room there's really no other way to showcase coins.
oh yeah the new skin tone thing. I just hope people understand that as "I really like red" and not "I am a racist"

That's alright dude nobody thinks that.

Oh and is this not the most glorious line in video game history or what?
tumblr_lngx1omzZ71qax040o1_500.gif
WayForward is great when it comes to witty banter and humor.

oh hi gigi digi

Most of you probably know this girl for either the aforementioned Cucumber Quest or Hiimdaisy, that wacky webcomic about Metal Gear, Persona 4, and Ryojiventures.

oh hi gigi digi

Most of you probably know this girl for either the aforementioned Cucumber Quest or Hiimdaisy, that wacky webcomic about Metal Gear, Persona 4, and Ryojiventures.
Look at all these awesome peeps working on this game thats been un-fully funded! why are they still not funded?!

Wait, there's a METAL GEAR version of those Persona 4 comics I see everywhere!?

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS!?

Wait, there's a METAL GEAR version of those Persona 4 comics I see everywhere!?

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS!?
Yep, Gigi did four comics that covered all the events of Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, and one of the PSP games. (I think it was Portable Ops?) If you want to see it, there's a very well-made dub of all four comics on YouTube by this guy.

My favorite is definitely Let's Destroy The Shogohod! though. Hands down.

Reactions: Denizen
I don't think you understand how much I love Metal Gear and how much this discovery means to me...

IT MEANS A LOT GODDAMNIT!

THREE WEEKS TO GO!
WE CAN DO THIS!
It's a fleeting hope it'll even be close to touching a million though....

Filia seems entirely too white to have good rhythm, if you ask me.

Filia seems entirely too white to have good rhythm, if you ask me.
She don't have dat caramel skin like Elena. JAMBO!
Filia trying to belly dancing is just cute (and Samson telling Filia to do it.)!
Ya'll better be a good Skullheart member and post the source for that (Please?).

Reactions: Jutsei
Even MegaManDS wants Shantae to be made! Would you deny this game from this innocent man?
image.php

nerwSdm.png

If you're wondering where this fancy fresh style of background art is coming from, the answer is Gigi D.G.! She's the writer and artist behind Cucumber Quest, a comic about bunny kids who go on adventures and have fun. Gigi's style was a great fit for the newly designed Shantae, and we're loving what she brings to the game. We spoke to her recently about her time on Shantae pre-production:

WF: Hi Gigi! You are probably best known for your work in Cucumber Quest! Have you worked on a video game series prior to Shantae?

GIGI: No, Shantae is the first video game I've worked on. Seeing my background designs in motion for the first time was very special!

WF: How did your teaming up with WayForward come about?

GIGI: My friend Angelica, an artist at WayForward, introduced Matt Bozon to my work about a year ago. In May, he asked if I would be interested in doing background concepts, since he thought my style would be a good fit for Shantae.

WF: Where do your ideas come from? Are there any artists or games that have influenced your visual style?

GIGI: I love cute things, colorful things, and elegant things, and my goal is to combine all of those elements in my work. I take a lot of visual cues from the Super Mario and Kirby series, (especially Kirby's Adventure,) and I love illustrators like Tadahiro Uesugi and Erté.

WF: You've given Shantae's world a very distinct look. Does your work in comics help in creating the background concepts for Shantae?

GIGI: Since I was asked to apply a bold, "abstract" style here, my Shantae backgrounds utilize more exaggerated shape language than my usual work. I took inspiration from the paper sculptures of Brittney Lee and the art direction of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

WF: Who is your favorite Shantae character?

GIGI: I like Risky!

WF: If Risky stepped into the world of Cucumber Quest, how would your characters react?

GIGI: I want to say she and Queen Cordelia would get along... but really, they'd just butt heads.

WF: Thank you Gigi!

image-325566-full.jpg

image-325568-full.jpg

image-325567-full.jpg

image-325569-full.jpg

Arrr matey! Today we invite ye to feast your eyes on the scourge of Sequin Land, Shantae's arch nemesis Risky Boots!

The self-proclaimed Queen of the Seven Seas wants to rule over Sequin Land….after all, someone of her exquisite beauty deserves nothing less! This bodacious buccaneer pillages poor Scuttle Town time and again in search of any ancient technology that could lead the way to world domination.

Her shadowy Tinkerbat crewmen are loyal and endless in numbers, constructing anything Risky Boots might need -- from clockwork robots to steam powered doomsday weapons. Armed with a flintlock pistol and scimitar, the nefarious Risky Boots is ready to punish her foes up close and personal, or simply shoot them in the back.

Artist’s notes:
this new HD Sprite retains the overall look of the original Game Boy Color and Nintendo DS pixel versions, while playing up the superiority Risky holds over Shantae. Older, stronger, smarter, and armed to the teeth, Risky Boots considers Shantae a temporary annoyance, like many that have come before.

image-326234-full.jpg

Oh wow, I didn't initially notice that her top is a skull.

Not just is it a skull, it's also near her heart....like some sort of skull heart thing.
We now have grounds for crossover

Reactions: SkullMan and Jutsei
I could never say getting a game over was a bad thing in Shantae:
556445-shantae-game-boy-color-screenshot-game-overs.png

Not just her top... It's an awesome costume design.

Reactions: Denizen