• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

in Arena, you had to meet certain objectives like beating score attack a certain way or 100%ing a character's combo trials. Dunno if there's anything,new for that on Ultimax.

you can always pay money and but a navigator on the store if you want. I only did for one because I certainly knew I wouldn't have earned it in-game.

For the playable characters, you have to beat all four Risky Score Attack courses to unlock their navis. Apparently, you need to do that with Sho and Rise to unlock Nanako and with SLab and Minazuki to unlock Fuuka.

It should be noted that Adachi navi is DLC only and can't be unlocked (it's also pretty great).

Edit: Also, I noticed that some Navis have special dialogue depending on what character you use. I have a friend who plays Adachi with Nanako navi and she said during a match once "Oh...Adachi-san...long time no see". All sorts of awkward.

girl-yu.jpg

This...this is the stuff of my dreams (or nightmares)

so, I bought PQ, only to realize the clerk handed me the wrong version and gave me the premium edition.
which I opened.
before I could get home to check.
and find out I got the premium edition.

I feel bad but at this point they probably won't take it back. and tbh, I kinda don't want to give it back....

THANKS GAMESTOP!

Thanks for the response on how to unlock the navigator characters, attempted it and I fear it might take me a while to get them.

Also the characters I am using are Labrys, Rise, Yukari and I might pick up Adachi and Marie as characters later.

Rise is probably one of the funnest characters, problem is her best non instakill move is really hard to pull off online. Good luck with Moe Moe Labby-Chan though.

Last edited:
I'm just glad I finally found a main for Ultimax with the Shos. They feel great, they don't feel cheap, and they got really good anti-hero/villain vibes. And mmmMMMmmm! That Todd Haberkorn.

What I learned in Persona Q is

-That wall looks funny
-Ef Oh Eh Inbound
-OH SHIT CHECK IT OUT A POWER CIRCLE
-"Can I pet you?" "Grrrrr..."
-Seriously look at that fuckin' wall
-Check it out it's a chest
-"I want people besides Yuka-tan and Yuks that have recovery abilities that aren't on their Sub-Personas" "Better get on that Media Skill Card hype train then"
-Oh crap another F.O.E
- Teddie: *sexual advances* All the girls and Yosuke: "Fuk off m8"
-ARE YOU NOT SEEING THESE WALLS GOOD GOD THEY ARE SO STRANGE

Needless to say I am loving every single second of it

I'm currently on the Group Date Cafe dungeon (Stop 4) by the way

I think I will go back to sticking with one character for persona 4 arena ultimax, juggling through too many games and I think adjusting to one character will be best.

Now to decide between Labrys, Yukari, Marie, Adachi and Rise.

I love drawing my own maps sooooooooooooooooooooo much

Like I can make a Rainbow Road everywhere I walked if I wanted
I don't because I use different colors for stuff (red for the paths F.O.Es move in for example)
But I could and that's the beautiful part

Also never forget to put a door on both sides when you go through one
If you don't it'll mess with your head later

and the fact that PQ proves even I can make a better map than the ones in Persona 1.

Oh snaperdoodles

Also I just beat the boss of the second dungeon
VERY interesting fight I liked it

Also P4 team's detective abilities as a whole are adorably hopeless without Nao doll sometimes

Actual in game photo:

image.jpg

Edit: Some map drawing humor in Q
Always remember to take a Go-Hm and mark where the exit is or this will happen

image.jpg

Last edited:
That stage show mention was such a cocktease.

On the other hand, nice to see the series such get a positive uproar in the crowd. Maybe they'll be able to market the game to a greater audience now.

Persona Q Last Labyrinth Thing
What crazy man decided to give us 7 floors that are the size of a small bathroom
And then 2 floors the size of the Atlantic
Like damn
On Floor 9 currently (might be last floor)
The song for this place is very good and awesome
Spoopy spoder FOEs are just challenging enough where it's fun to fight them (aside from having both Mamudoon AND Mahamaon)

Zen's KOed quote when he is by himself is so sad

I really am enjoying Persona Q. only nine hours in still and I feel really surprised how much I like it.

dual personas, make your own maps, and THE GRINDING IS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD! I might give Etrian Odyssey if they're anything like Persona Q.

I like it. it's long, feels rewarding when you finally get a skill or a sub persona leveled up all the way, and the scrap items you can just sell in the earlier levels to do more.

also, you're talking to a guy who loves grinding in his RPGs. always have, always will.

If I have a podcast going, or any sort've entertaining background noise that isn't the game, grinding can be pretty relaxing. Especially with Persona.

So I was faffing around looking for Five Nights at Freddy's things (don't ask why) when I discovered a fanfiction that fused it with Persona (specifically 4). Has Adachi as the hapless security guard. A word of warning, though: a lot has changed in order to accommodate the FNaF lore that's been brought in. It's called Five Nights at Junes, and it's over on Archive of Our Own.

Recently got Persona 3, my first persona game and I'm enjoying. Just at the bit where Aigis has joined the team. Any advice for a noob, who makes the best party members and what social links do you think are the best?

Back