• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

So labrys has a shadow form that isnt Shadow Labrys? also Adachi what are you doing in her trailer, stop being a tease you dog
EDIT: I realize that it actually isnt Adachi ow :(

There are two Shadow Labryses: one with Ariadne (Shadow Type Labrys) and one with Asterius (Labrys's actual Shadow).

Speaking of Shadow Labrys, I found something pretty interesting after Google translating her new bio. Very roughly interpreted, it reads, "Shadow Labrys is Labrys's "other self," created when she was dropped into the TV World out of her suppressed emotions. She was accepted by Labrys, but she should have disappeared...?"

There are two Shadow Labryses: one with Ariadne (Shadow Type Labrys) and one with Asterius (Labrys's actual Shadow).

Speaking of Shadow Labrys, I found something pretty interesting after Google translating her new bio. Very roughly interpreted, it reads, "Shadow Labrys is Labrys's "other self," created when she was dropped into the TV World out of her suppressed emotions. She was accepted by Labrys, but she should have disappeared...?"
I just assumed that it was like how Kanji and Shadow Kanji technically not fight in the same round because Personas and Shadows are the same, I assumed it was a fake shadow

Who knows? One or both could be fake (the one with Ariadne is definitely a fake). I just have a feeling that the one with Asterius is the actual Shadow Labrys returning with a vengeance because all of the fake Shadows shown so far use the Personas of the person they're modeled after.

Also, I got this picture off of the P4U2 website regarding the P4 side of the story. Is anyone capable of translating this, or at least typing it so it can be Google translated?

story_p4.png

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dojimas got rejected this time around as well.

Isn't it too early to celebrate(?) about no preorder bonus? We can still easily be in the placeholder timeframe and have stuff added later.

I just hope we get more announcers' I wouldnt mind having Margaret being an announcer

I honestly love the Gamestops where I live. they let you know "yeah, these games are only gonna get you a couple cents, keep them" South Carolina Gamestops are the best Gamestops.

I can attest to this.

Isn't it too early to celebrate(?) about no preorder bonus? We can still easily be in the placeholder timeframe and have stuff added later.

"Now offering Adachi DLC.

On-disc and fully playtested with day 1 unblockable "shoving you into television" super infinite."

/Adachinoe

I'm just relieved there's no indication of Rise being one.

thats
"Now offering Adachi DLC.

On-disc and fully playtested with day 1 unblockable "shoving you into television" super infinite."

/Adachinoe

I'm just relieved there's no indication of Rise being one.
because Ken is our SSS tier Kokonoe DLC :PUN:

thats

because Ken is our SSS tier Kokonoe DLC :PUN:
uEeSRRf.gif

I can see that if his long spear is a more obnoxious tool then Mitsuru's Rapier and his persona having annoying useful Zio/Hama/Dia based skills. He would have above average mobility (not yosuke tier though), but tradeoff of below average health (naoto tier) because of smaller stature.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Preorder to get Dojima playable before anyone else, only at Gamestop, Power to the Players!
Rated T for Teen!

oh sweet merciful crumpets don't even joke

uEeSRRf.gif

I can see that if his long spear is a more obnoxious tool then Mitsuru's Rapier and his persona having annoying useful Zio/Hama/Dia based skills. He would have above average mobility (not yosuke tier though), but tradeoff of below average health (naoto tier) because of smaller stature.
yah well remember this game takes place several years after P3 Ken is probably around the same age as the rest of the P4 cast now, he doesnt have much of a size difference
I think

Ken is most likely a year or two younger than the average character age in P4.

Ken is either 12 or 13 since this game takes place 2 years after p3 where he was 10 or 11.

Kanji is the youngest P4 character so Ken is probably a couple years under him.

Ehubs article just got me more sick then usual with a loaded title article "game will set you back $60" (no shit that is what non-updated full retail price usually costs) and the comments filled with "game should be 15/$40!" while knowing nothing about the game such as it being a sequel title and not a simple expansion $15/40 fighter title like they are all used to. Then again the site is filled with SF centric fans so they are probably not used to seeing a legitimate sequel fighter with a $60 tag.

So today I discovered a commercial for the first Persona game...With a deformed version of Dies Irae

Reactions: jam1220
the fuck is safety?

Will you Safety Dance?

If my S.links don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no S.links of mine.

Safety is Engrish for beginner. Risky is Engrish for SMT Hard. /semisarcasm

Also, nothing is in those trailers that hasn't been seen before, except for a couple of combinations for banter.

Safety essentially was damage you give was buffed, damage you take is reduced, money drops are increased, exp gain increased, and a revive immediately if you ever were KO in fights without any restarts. Essentially you can kill a reaper while you are level 5 during rush mode in that difficulty. This mode is for absolute beginners of turn based rpg games that just want to enjoy the story and don't want the gameplay progress from hindering them at all.

I would always pick Risky because that was within tolerable levels in terms of giving yourself a challenge especially early in the game. Mind Charged Suicide Dice ruining your day when you haven't saved in awhile sucks. Makes Goho a precious resource for saving.

Might as well do what ME did and just let them experience the Vis Nov. portions.

Ehubs article just got me more sick then usual with a loaded title article "game will set you back $60" (no shit that is what non-updated full retail price usually costs) and the comments filled with "game should be 15/$40!" while knowing nothing about the game such as it being a sequel title and not a simple expansion $15/40 fighter title like they are all used to. Then again the site is filled with SF centric fans so they are probably not used to seeing a legitimate sequel fighter with a $60 tag.
I read that thread just now. smh. Imagine if the Alpha series or Darkstalkers games were released today. I'd guess they'd argue that Alpha 3 or Vampire Savior wouldn't be a sequel unless they completely re-drew the sprites from the ground up. *shrug* Though I am surprised they slapped a $60 tag on it.

A bit of Persona related FGC news, CEO2014 is having an official side tournament on the Friday of the event, teaming up with Atlus. Entry fee $5, but if you bring a receipt proving you preordered Ultimax, you get in free.
http://www.ceogaming.org/blog/36-blog/208-p4aceo2014

Kuromaru is playable?

goooodddd yeeesssss

Famitsu revealed Ken for P4A2...with Koromaru as a partner.

Interest levels rising.

But when's pics?

It is nice to see a larger group of P3 characters
So now p4 has : like 8
And p3 has 7,

Two birds with one stone. Arc system works knows how please the fans.

Also, Ken is a teenager now right? Fear of the acne

So wait, Ken with Kuromaru assists?
I thought Kuromaru would be by himself, that works better.
Because if a fucking Shiba Inu was playable before Jubei was, I'd be kinda salty.