• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Sissies.

I did it in 60 first time through.

Yay. Adachi's free DLC period should be like Skullgirls's free DLC periods, according to John Hardin, Atlus USA's community manager. That means Adachi's free forever if bought the first week.

They also saved a full archive of the Ultimax livestream and have put it up on their YouTube channel.

Even that really cool new theme?

Pat from the Best Friends put 131 hours into the game.

Yeah he did
Cause the game's awesome

Man, I really need to play P4
I just need a copy. And a PS2. Or a Vita.

Or a PS3. It's on PSN classics.

Or a toaster
Best resolution comes from those

Toaster Master Race reporting in

Rise seems solid
Persona dependent looks like but the girl seems like she would do fine with just her mic
Her jumping weak attack (I assume) where she spins it reminds me of Big Bando's j.LK

Or a PS3. It's on PSN classics.
OH YEAH! I completely forgot lol
Goodbye, free time.

Marie and Nanako are going to be DLC navigators for Persona Q. Each are 600 Yen (about $6)

pq_s_02.jpg

pq_s_05.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Ah yes
The best navigator returns

"I'm supposed to look for an 'opening'...? Where?"

The best advice

Reactions: juju_for_president
$6?

That's a lot of dollars.

6 fucking dollars for a character that is so anime in a series that's already pretty damn anime, and a little girl to shout advice at me.

Choo choo, all aboard the hype train. All of my money for the mighty Atlus.

Oh so I just realized

4 way Teddie, Yosuke, Aigis, and Mitsuru matches have been possible

Now we can have 4 way Rise matches

Here's hoping for 4 way Adachi (and Nanako)

Oh so I just realized

4 way Teddie, Yosuke, Aigis, and Mitsuru matches have been possible

Now we can have 4 way Rise matches

Here's hoping for 4 way Adachi (and Nanako)
Did you sleep away the Famitsu scans? Adachi and Ken navigators are available, so 4x Adachi and Ken are now possible.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Did you sleep away the Famitsu scans? Adachi and Ken navigators are available, so 4x Adachi and Ken are now possible.

Oh man that's awesome

Just not on my A-Game today I guess

That stage in the full stream...

Where it's Naoto VS Shadow Kanji...

Is that The Gate? Minato?

Okay I lied Rise looks like she's bad without her Persona but 5B looks to be her salvation I guess (Just like Liz)

Ken's DP is just

Also his spinning lightning spear super looks cool as fuck

Rise confirmed Zoner/Rushdown
Also her grab inflicts Charm, which drains SP for those who don't know
Mix that with Shadow Rise carrying meter between rounds and you got SP attacks up the butt

More developments

Ken's range+Koro pressure makes Mitsuru cry in a corner
3:15 for double spears

Rise casts some kind of shield thing that makes a shield meter above her SP one at 2:05 (defense boost?)
At 0:46 Rise hits Ken with a weird beam and a scan appears on him, can't figure out what this does specifically

Last edited:
Ken actually pretty good
iffin I ever pick this up I may stick with him for maximum pokes

Rise casts some kind of shield thing that makes a shield meter above her SP one at 2:05 (defense boost?)
It's probably either Tetrakarn or Makarakarn, which can respectively reflect physical and magical attacks made by enemies in the RPGs. Probably a similar deal here.

EDIT: Looking at the footage, it seems to be Tetrakarn, and it has a cooldown similar to Fire Break.

Oh yeah right those Skills
I actually thought Tetrakarn was her (I assume Furious Action) move where the opponent gets shocked upon touching it (happens at 1:38-1:40 in the first vid)

She doesn't seem to have the changing mechanic Plats has, as far as I can see
primary gimmick seems to be shields and analysis, but we'll see, I guess

Wasn't Platinum heavy on the rushdown? It looks like Rise will be more of a zoning character. Also, no random weapon gimmick.

@Clawsome Bombs Apparently that move is called Reflective Bit. Probably based off of a certain -karn move, but definitely not one of them.

Last edited:
@Clawsome Bombs Apparently that move is called Reflective Bit. Probably based off of a certain -karn move, but definitely not one of them.

Oh okay

Who said a man can only have one Main

Just don't use both on a Sunday or you're boned

Why on a Sunday?

Dating on Sunday in Persona 4 with multiple girlfriends is bad news George because you can get caught and awkward situations arise

because then you get too salty

I guess this too