• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

what if the protagonist is on his own until you do Social Links and ALL your Social Links are your party members
19 party members seems kinda large for a Persona game, if they're still doing the tarot card thing.

I think I've figured out what the car manufacturer inspiration is for Shujin's logo: Citroen, a big French car maker that's part of Peugeot. Their 1985 logo even has the red and white color scheme:

1060634-le-logo-citroen.jpg

19 party members seems kinda large for a Persona game, if they're still doing the tarot card thing.
Solution
let everyone use personas and visit the velvet room

here's what I want:

serious story is fine, but if it remains lighthearted that's fine. I don't mind it.
and give us the quality character writing that was in p3 and p4. Like, give me hierophants that make me cry and shit.

Yes, because Kenji and Nozomi were the epitome of perfect character writing.
no like, cut out the crappy parts, god knows we don't want another yukari situation. Just, see what they did right and implement that into the story and trim the fat.

Welp, looks like I'm buying a PS4 now. I mean, I was gonna buy one eventually, but this just pushed up that purchase date.

So much negative comments because no female protagonist. Feels like Assassins Creed outcry all over again.

So much negative comments because no female protagonist. Feels like Assassins Creed outcry all over again.
People just want P3 femtagonist to be acknowledged

I'm a little sad that we didn't get a female protag, or a delinquent protag, or a female delinquent protag, but Maya and Tatsuya are still holding the line as the best protagonists, so it's not like they never tried

on another note, I'm somewhat interested to see what issues that this game is gonna tackle

Persona 4 tackled a lot of gender roles issues and traditional mindset issues with a lot of the characters and it made the game an interesting character study and social commentary

I'd like to see this game go one step further and tackle things that Japan REALLY doesn't like to see
stuff like actual gay people (japan doesn't like actual gay people), transfolk (japan doesn't like actual transfolk), the homeless (japan largely ignores their homeless population), or people with mental disorders (real ones, another thing that japan doesn't pay much attention to)

it would really make P5 stand out as a pretty progressive title, especially among JRPGs
but I don't expect it to have any of those things

I'm a little sad that we didn't get a female protag, or a delinquent protag, or a female delinquent protag, but Maya and Tatsuya are still holding the line as the best protagonists, so it's not like they never tried

on another note, I'm somewhat interested to see what issues that this game is gonna tackle

Persona 4 tackled a lot of gender roles issues and traditional mindset issues with a lot of the characters and it made the game an interesting character study and social commentary

I'd like to see this game go one step further and tackle things that Japan REALLY doesn't like to see
stuff like actual gay people (japan doesn't like actual gay people), transfolk (japan doesn't like actual transfolk), the homeless (japan largely ignores their homeless population), or people with mental disorders (real ones, another thing that japan doesn't pay much attention to)

it would really make P5 stand out as a pretty progressive title, especially among JRPGs
but I don't expect it to have any of those things
It was kind of detailed around the time the game was announced: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/26/persona-5s-characters-will-restrained-modern-society/ http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/05/persona-5-aimed-people-discontent-lives/

Also, some notes from the director following the SCEJA conference: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01/persona-5-director-hashino-another-message-fans/

I'm surprised we don't have to wait 6-7 more years for a PS4 Persona game :PUN:

I dunno

Those terms are kinda broad and buzzwordy
they can mean a lot of things

we might get some socially progressive masterpiece of a game

or a teen angst festival for the ages

can't really say

People just want P3 femtagonist to be acknowledged
I'd acknowledge her if her playstyle wasn't so gimped. Only able to equip piercing weapons my ass. Her story is so-so as well.

I'm pretty sure they'll acknowledge him in the credits as the demon designer since they will very likely use his old designs for MC Personas. He's not part of the core team for this game though, that's what they didn't put him in the trailer.

Calm down.

I see no kazuma kaneko name on the video.

Ungrateful bastards

you know what? If his fans are gonna act like this, then I hope they don't acknowledge him. :T

as long as they don't have the SMT4 guy do the personas in this game, I'm fine

Soejima's not bad, but he's a little boring

Kaneko's persona designs tickle me in a special way that nothing else can, but I've accepted that he's gone from the series

Back