• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Looks like I missed the fun. Ah well, I get off a little sooner tomorrow and don't have any errands to run, so I'll try to catch you guys then.

so, how would the people I played against say I did?

I can say you are a good reader of patterns
A lot of stuff I did you adapted to and I had to change my assault style

Also your Sho is Bella-tier mean (good thing)

Goooooood Morning

Part 2 of the Skullheart Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Fights starts today
Lobby will start a little later today (10:30 am to 3:30 pm) but we are still Inside The Tv in the Chariot lobby

Purse Owners Unite

In the lobby now
Waiting for peeps

IM ALREADY FIGHTING SHOS OF COURSE

Edit: Lobby is still happening

Last edited:
Alright so my friend is picking me up earlier than expected so unfortunately I gotta get off now :(

It was fun though, though now I think I can see why people usually leave the second they're paired up with me in fighters. Lag was terrible at times.

And the one round my bro plays, he gets the freaking lagless one >:(

edit: also, I apologize for his Ziodyne spam. I had a feeling he would do that

Gotta go an hour early unfortunately urrrgggh
Oh well great matches today everyone

Maybe next time we can all play SG

No actually

Alright so my friend is picking me up earlier than expected so unfortunately I gotta get off now :(

It was fun though, though now I think I can see why people usually leave the second they're paired up with me in fighters. Lag was terrible at times.

And the one round my bro plays, he gets the freaking lagless one >:(

edit: also, I apologize for his Ziodyne spam. I had a feeling he would do that

Aw it's all good eventually he'll learn that it won't get him very far (unless his opponent has the Rage status I guess)
Let him know I'll go at it with him any time he wants some sparring

I can say you are a good reader of patterns
A lot of stuff I did you adapted to and I had to change my assault style

Also your Sho is Bella-tier mean (good thing)
if I have one thing to say about your skill
image.jpg

Aw shucks
I still have a lot to work on but I think my strengths are my blockstrings with Rise and Marge mix ups with Ardha (mix high hitting God Hand with high/low grab from st./cr. D and lots of options open up)

My weakness is defense I'd say
Get me in the corner and I choke HARD
I'm getting better though (playing SG taught me to not panic and stay calm)

here's your weakness Clawsome.

you play Marge.

EDIT:
and by that, she's not that fun to play against.

Last edited:
here's your weakness Clawsome.

you play Marge.

EDIT:
and by that, she's not that fun to play against.

Marge: "Isn't this fun?"
Person fighting her:

image.jpg

Marge mirrors are fun though
I've had a lot of those this weekend

Fighting her is
Uh
Kinda hard
If you're not Marge yourself that is

Aw shucks
I still have a lot to work on but I think my strengths are my blockstrings with Rise and Marge mix ups with Ardha (mix high hitting God Hand with high/low grab from st./cr. D and lots of options open up)

My weakness is defense I'd say
Get me in the corner and I choke HARD
I'm getting better though (playing SG taught me to not panic and stay calm)
Your pressure with Rise gave me a lot of trouble. She's got a really good stand A, and you made good use of it (especially our next to last match). With Marge, you could throw in a long range sweep occasionally.
Your defense seemed like it got better the more we played.
GGs, I had a lot of fun.

Yeah Marge has a lot of stuff at full screen
I kinda sometimes forget what she has (Spear throw, Sweep, SB Gale Slash, full screen cross up AoA, etc)
At full screen it's like

"ENGRAVE THIS INTO YOUR BODY"
"ENGRAVE THIS INTO YOUR BODY"

Uh
Um

*BODY ENGRAVING INTENSIFIES*

Does anyone know how to deal with Marge's C projectile, specifically as Naoto? I had a buttload of trouble against that move, since it kept removing all of my traps, it beat out Sniper, it came out fast, and Marge recovered from it fast enough to block Ex Counter Shot.

I don't play Nao-doll so I can't give you any advice on her specifically
But I can say that the hitbox on that thing is thinner than it looks

It's really just the spear and not all that wind so don't be afraid to instant air dash over instead of jumping it

Of course that doesn't stop people from anti-air Ardha ice grabbing you
So you know
Be very cautious

*reads compendium*

just got done with both parts of p3 fes the other day. man the answer was really annoying and kind of a grindfest at times but after playing through it i am definitely glad i played through it instead of watching it like a lot of people online were saying. the playstation tv coming out tomorrow means i can finally play P4G. really looking forward to that.

I'm getting a PS Vita either next week or the end of the month and playing Persona 4 Gold Experience Requiem

New Persona Q character trailers

Ken

Naoto

Look at this lovely Wild Card edition
PQ-PE_10-15-14.jpg

vs the standard edition
PQ-LE_10-15-14.jpg

The only problem is that Sound of the Labyrinth isn't actually the full OST. It only has four songs on it. I think this might be old news but anyone considering the WC edition for the soundtrack best use caution before buying. The full OST can be purchased on Play Asia http://www.play-asia.com/persona-q-...riginal-soundtrack-paOS-13-49-en-70-7ss1.html. I was listening to this soundtrack while battling stomach flu and mashing buttons in P4AU and it's a pretty good OST.

Edit - pics are huge, spoiler tags ahoy

Edit some more - Old easter egg if you bought P4A before the offical release in Japan

Last edited:
what's with all the CDs getting gimped? First arena, then bbcp, and now this too? Why can't we have the full thing anymore?

what's with all the CDs getting gimped? First arena, then bbcp, and now this too? Why can't we have the full thing anymore?
Be glad we're getting the CD. Plus, it sounds like Japan's gotten the same deal. I think Japanese devs like ASW and Atlus are more content with releasing remix CDs with their games than just shoving money into making full soundtrack CDs.

Wow, so I got around to watching some of the replays I saved last week. I'm actually glad that the Marie (me) vs Shadow Yukari (@Clawsome Bombs) didn't save with the lag cuz now I can see what actually happened. Amazingly, I did an okay job at blocking. I still lost but I blocked more than I thought. Offense wise, the lag was bad enough that I didn't even know I did some of the moves. And man, I did a lot of unintentional walking instead of dashes.

As for hanging out with my friend to play Ultimax: we didn't get to play :( There's a great story behind it but to summarize it involved lightning hit the house and frying the PS3 and TV while my friend's brother had Dark Souls 2 on pause.

I've only fought her three times thus far, but none of those instances have been fun for me. It's rather sad, as SHE HAS A FREAKING SUPLEX!!! Even when I beat a Margaret, I was only really happy because I beat a Margaret, and not because the fight itself was enjoyable, whereas the opposite is true when I'm fighting against any other member of the cast!

it's not even like she's hard if you know what to do.

she just doesn't feel fun to fight against.

the best analogy I can think of is that it feels like a Guilty Gear character fighting against a BlazBlue character.

Finally got P4AU over the weekend. Did some Story, combo challenges, tutorial, easy score attack & online.
I'm trying to get all the mechanics down, and haven't played P4A in a long time, so I'm a beginner.

Willing to play P4AU & SG with people weekends, and wondering if I can keep both games going, or I'll focus more on P4AU now.

Back