• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Ya know, it strikes me now, but doesn't the phantom look strikingly similar to the protagonist? Minus the glasses of course. There's a bit of a red hue to the poster with the phantom on it....so what if we're the phantom?

Looks like Chair-kun fell in with the wrong crowd on the first day of city boy school

I don't think that Masky is anyone we've seen previously. His hair and eye colors are too different from those of Sho and Harry Persona for it to be either of them.

All this hype has got us inspired now
We couldn't stop it
Just set it free and
Steal all your stuff

Reactions: BeatNinja
So nothing yet new revealed besides the main theme for dance game, and the poll results for favorite Persona music and favorite P4G character?

So nothing yet new revealed besides the main theme for dance game, and the poll results for favorite Persona music and favorite P4G character?
Plus a poster. Notice how its had more hype than anything prior.

Plus a poster. Notice how its had more hype than anything prior.
I heard it was printed on newspaper, so it's either a weirdly done poster or it's a newspaper ad.

mask guy sure does seem to share the same shit eating grin as certain cross scarred character that's the best in a certain suplex hold.

when did narukami get a cross scar is the real question

And thus the memes have begun
Albeit some grammar errors

image.jpg

mask guy sure does seem to share the same shit eating grin as certain cross scarred character that's the best in a certain suplex hold.
There's no way that's Sho. Hair and eye colors are different. Plus, if it were Sho, there would be a bad pun somewhere.

Sorry for double post but breaking news. Atlus dropped the P4DAN theme on their Japanese YouTube channel just a little while ago. It's called "Dance!"

There's no way that's Sho. Hair and eye colors are different. Plus, if it were Sho, there would be a bad pun somewhere.
eye colors can change in Persona, and whose to say he didn't get a haircut? also, shading makes me think the image is supposed to be in some special lighting.

not saying it will be Sho, but I can see why some people would say that.

Wonder what that could be
Persona 4 Arena Anime?

This is actually what my guess is going to be.

So did I miss anything good? Been at work all day and I'm too arsed to go through everything.

excuse me for beating a dead horse but here is my theory on that poster/ad

tumblr_nj9t3gNLEQ1rwxvn2o1_1280.png

Fo Sho
  • Same type of circle pattern inside eyes.
  • Shit eating grin!
  • The black eyeparts of the mask resemble Sho's 'makeup' under his eyes.
No Sho
  • Missing the scar.
  • Hair matches Chairy Potter, rather than Sho.
My theory is that Chairy Potter is actually Sho, adapting to ordinary life. However, he finally realizes that life sucks, and he's a slave to society and wants emancipation. So how does Sho react to this? Puts on a mask, and finally lets loose his crazy side and murders shadows for fun.
tumblr_nj9t54Anw71rkbzf7o1_250.png

The motif of P5 pretty much looks like split personalities/masquerading. So perhaps Chairy Potter is just putting on an act, pretending to be shy and nerdy, but he's actually a crazy ass kid at night? The hair and the missing scar are the huge points that its possibly not Sho, but I think those similarities to Sho are rather strange unless Atlus are just being trolls.

I still think it's Minako, and she is going to steal people's canocity and identities in order to make herself canon

And the unannounced thing is.... uh... some kind of teaser news report about the phantom picture posted earlier. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It was just this:

Seems like everything else tonight is repeats of things from yesterday so I'll probably wake up to hype tomorrow.

Tomorrow's gonna be a morning to remember.
Everyone keeps saying that. Do we have some sort of confirmation of them revealing something big? Well I guess it makes sense after all...

persona 5 activates...
the cool new dlc scenario that you get by preordering at your local retailer
beat the DLC and you'll unlock special personas Orpheus and Izanagi for use in the game

Pay 5 dollars for Messiah and Izanagi no Okami DLC

pay an additional 10 dollars to get Mara.
you know you want it.

inb4 Persona 5 news is just a new, 2-minute trailer.

True, it's better than nothing.

Calm analysis of new trailer

AHHHHHH
SO STYLISH AND RED
PRISON WARDEN VELVET ASSISTANTS
CATHERINE STYLE VIBES
GODLIKE MENUS THAT SAKURAI WOULD BOW DOWN TO
DUNGEON PLATFORMING AND STEALTH
1:58 IS THAT VINCENT?
ALL OUT ATTACKS
ARE THEY FIGHTING A SANDMAN DO WE GET TO FIGHT THE PERSONAS AGAIN LIKE IN SHAN MEGAMAN TETROMINOES
IS HE BECOMING HIS PERSONA WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAUEJXKYJSIGGHTUFKPHAT

#HEISTSCONFIRMED

Last edited:
Now I really want to get this game.