• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Is that from P4G? I don't remember the quote from vanilla P4...
Yeah Adachi got more exposure in P4G especially since he now has a social link with Yu.

Well since its confirmed he will return in P4A2 for at least story purposes playable or not. Not that much of a stretch if the Dark Hour is coming back, Adachi as a persona user has the "potential" to walk around so he can just leave the deserted jail. I doubt he is going to be completely villainous like before though nor he is the mastermind behind all this. He seemed to want to turn his life around (abandoning the "The World is Shit" philosophy") when Dojima said he was becoming a "model prisoner" and visits him often for small talk plus the contents of the Adachi letter to Yu. Betting he will end up being an asshole anti-hero that suddenly got thrown into the situation.

I hope he's not fully villainous I was actually happy for him hearing he's improving.

I jut have major trust issues with Sega. After Bayonetta PS3 port and Max Anarchy delay, I can't help but assume they're up to the worst. (.__.)

Would be a real buzzkill if he's not playable. Showing him off in the middle of such a major event only for it to mean barely anything would rub fans the wrong way. He's a very popular character too. Certainly not one they can use to toy with fans expectations.
#IWantToBelieve
I'm sure this is a different branch of Sega altogether.

I might be in the minority but I'm not really a fan of the whole "Let's wholly redeem Adachi!" thing P4G had going. I feel his Social Link was just Atlus pandering to fans that wanted more of him. Not to mention the concept itself makes Yu look even more of a Sue he already was with the "dude that changes the life of everyone he talks to" shtick.
But then again, I never bothered watching how the Social Link actually plays out (the Wikia summary mentions helping him or not at destroying evidence and seems to imply Adachi's "change of heart" is a very last minute thing) but just from that bit, going from "bringing the Shadopocalype" to being a part of Yu's pep talk hallucination seems a little ham-fisted.
IMHO, what made him a well written villain was his incorrigible cynicism. His letter in P4's true ending path has him accepting punishment for his crimes but one thing is to come to terms with the wrongness of one's doings and the other is having a whole new view on life.

Just my humble two cents.

well I wouldn't say wholly redeem I like how cynical he was, I just like to give him a chance to be on the neutral or okay side due to so many franchises were the villains often meet there end and I'd rather he didn't meet an end, and there's my 2 cents.

Not to mention the concept itself makes Yu look even more of a Sue he already was with the "dude that changes the life of everyone he talks to" shtick.

That is pretty much what he does in the game. Usually he changes their lives for the better because somehow everyone in Inaba has some life problems needs fixing by a charismatic cool-headed protagonist.

Swear there was a P4 anime episode dedicated to this. Him literally talking to random people around town and help change their lives for the better in the entire episode.

Wouldn't be surprised if Yu would have changed the asshole teacher Mr Morooka if he stayed around long enough.

I'm mostly against playable Adachi because there was room for one more character on the select screen and I would want it to go to someone more deserving... Like P3MC.

I'm mostly against playable Adachi because there was room for one more character on the select screen and I would want it to go to someone more deserving... Like P3MC.
It would be so annoying and a big slap to the face if they put P3MC in the game. It would make P3 lose any sort of impact it had.

I do agree. it would take away the impact of P3MC's story if he was just suddenly there. at least he's gonna be in the new 3DS game. WITH CHIBIS!

Oops.
Still, I don't think P3MC can be playable unless they pull something out of their ass.
Since he's kinda keeping a lid on the ultimate evil.

I might be in the minority but I'm not really a fan of the whole "Let's wholly redeem Adachi!" thing P4G had going. I feel his Social Link was just Atlus pandering to fans that wanted more of him. Not to mention the concept itself makes Yu look even more of a Sue he already was with the "dude that changes the life of everyone he talks to" shtick.
But then again, I never bothered watching how the Social Link actually plays out (the Wikia summary mentions helping him or not at destroying evidence and seems to imply Adachi's "change of heart" is a very last minute thing) but just from that bit, going from "bringing the Shadopocalype" to being a part of Yu's pep talk hallucination seems a little ham-fisted.
IMHO, what made him a well written villain was his incorrigible cynicism. His letter in P4's true ending path has him accepting punishment for his crimes but one thing is to come to terms with the wrongness of one's doings and the other is having a whole new view on life.

Just my humble two cents.
I don't see why they have to completely redeem him. He obviously was trying to change for the better in the ending of even the original Persona 4, but I doubt he'd be above his sociopathic tendencies.

My random idea is that he could attempt to repress those emotions only to create his own Shadow since he never actually overcame his, being a pawn of Izanami and all. It could provide some interesting development as well as a chance for the fans of Misogynist!Adachi to play as his Shadow.

I'm glad they announced Persona 5 and Adachi, but all I want is Margaret in Persona 4 Arena 2.
tumblr_m9he4e0pWn1qd0gyko1_500.gif

One of the things i could imagine if the dark hour is back is adachi just leaving jail during that time because he felt he's spent enough time in jail and is already redeemed. Would be a good middle ground for his character.

But P3MC's got something coming up, considering what Elizabeth was doing at the end of her story in Arena.

But P3MC's got something coming up, considering what Elizabeth was doing at the end of her story in Arena.
Elizabeth is TRYING to do something. whether she is close to accoplishing it is yet unknown.

I don't understand why people care about her so much. She is essentially non-canon. To me she is the equivalent of that Sho dude.
I don'tr eally care about her either, to be fair

She's got better Social Links in P3 though ;_;

I mean yeah some of them suck but Junpei beats Kenji any day of the week.

Reactions: DDB
Hey guys, what if the new girl in Dance Dance Revolution Persona Mix is Kanamin? You know, the girl that replaced Rise as an idol. Would be pretty cool.

Damn Yu, rocking those headphones but we all know that's Yosuke's thing.

Hey guys, what if the new girl in Dance Dance Revolution Persona Mix is Kanamin? You know, the girl that replaced Rise as an idol. Would be pretty cool.

Damn Yu, rocking those headphones but we all know that's Yosuke's thing.
I think the announcer in the trailer said kanamin.

So this was the Persona 4 Arena Thread, right?
Seems to be more about the Persona stuff in general...
THink we should split Persona series off from the SMT thread and give it it's own thread, maybe this one?
Just a suggestion to avoid confusion

THink we should split Persona series off from the SMT thread and give it it's own thread, maybe this one?
Doesnt sound bad to me.
Taokaka.gif

Not a bad idea. When I get to the library in the morning I'll change the op and title to a more broad vision of the Persona series.

Not a bad idea. When I get to the library in the morning I'll change the op and title to a more broad vision of the Persona series.
Good to know, then!
We'll keep our Persona related news hype in here, then!

Persona Q does look pretty good though

Good to know, then!
We'll keep our Persona related news hype in here, then!

Persona Q does look pretty good though
there is no reason to think persona Q DOESNT look good.

Back