• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

SkullBats Encore (discontinued)

Sanger Zonvolt

Best Marie in NA
Reaction score
ZIj1e4Z.png

To celebrate Encore's release on PSN, I will be reviving the original SkullBats for PSN play for those interested and returning as I am.

A friendly online PSN tournament using the swiss system, everyone gets a chance to play equally under this type of tournament without being eliminated.

Would like to make this a weekly event every Friday to gather everyone into playing, if Sunday isn't a great day for everybody we can try to change it to another. Players of any and all skills levels welcome, just post your PSN and you will be added to the bracket.

Chat: The #Skullgirls IRC channel.
For those of you unfamiliar with IRC, just follow the link above to the chat, and use your gamertag as your nick, or nickname. This is where you will be reporting your matches to me so I can update the challonge page brackets and talking to the other players. If you're unable to IRC, you can message me the results on PSN.

For ease of fast reporting, please use the following fomat: [report]Winner Score

ex. "[report]Sanger_Zonvolt 2-0"

Time: Friday, March 7th, 2014, 7:00 pm EDT, 6 central, 4 PST, etc. You may enter anytime up till 20 minutes before the matches start.

Rules:
  • Each match is best 2 out of 3.
  • Winner is not allowed to switch characters, but they may switch assist.
  • No game breaking glitches.
  • If someone does not show up for their match in 5 minutes they will be given a warning, and in 5 more minutes they will be disqualified for the round
  • Someone from the match must report who won, but the winner is the one that is held responsible for it.
  • Any player may choose to forfeit if they decide the connection is unplayable. The other player will simply get the win.
  • If both players agree the connection is bad or don't want to play in it, they may report a draw.
  • Otherwise, standard Swiss System rules. Whoever has the most points at the end wins. Ties are broken by tie breaker points. If there's any further ties in the top 3 even after that, then they can be decided with a whole set of best 2 out of 3. Ties below top 3 will be left alone.

Champions
SkullBats Encore #1 - Duckator
SkullBats Encore #2 - mpgame99
SkullBats Encore #3 - Duckator

Last edited:
But, wait, wouldn't this conflict with PC Skullbats?

When you decide on a time, let me know and I can put a timer at the top like with some of the other threads.

But, wait, wouldn't this conflict with PC Skullbats?
Are the PC SkullBats still ongoing at the moment? The thread seems to be inactive right now, if Whitefury decides to revive it though we can work out a schedule.

Skullbats PC or Skullbats PS3, I can't attend either if they're on Saturday.

Can we do a Sunday on one platform?

Are the PC SkullBats still ongoing at the moment? The thread seems to be inactive right now, if Whitefury decides to revive it though we can work out a schedule.

Yes SkullBats PC is on season 3 right now. I don't think they use the thread though.

Yes SkullBats PC is on season 3 right now. I don't think they use the thread though.

It's mostly IRC and Steam group notifications when it's about to go down. WhiteFury doesn't use the thread much.

SkullBats is still a thing; participated in it this past weekend. He doesn't really use the thread; it's better if you join the Skullbats group so Steam can tell you about announcements and stuff, especially when the event starts.

I think it's better if PC keeps Saturday, and PS3 moves to Sunday or something; that way people who have both won't have to worry about choosing one over the other.

I don't think you'll be able to completely avoid conflicts between PC, PSN, 360 and Salty over the three most available nights (Fri, Sat, Sun), but I'd also agree that keeping PSN and PC on different nights would be good if possible.

SkullBats EU PC is also on Sunday the same time, which is another issue as this and the original were always open to all regions.

I'm thinking Friday would be ideal then, as we would be finished long before Salty has started, the question is how does Friday work out for everyone's schedules?

Being open to all regions is good, but how many people actually joined from Europe? And even then, because of time zones it would probably not clash at all anyway.

EDIT: I should probably note that the time won't make much difference to me because I won't be joining anyway, I just want this to go as well as possible.

If you're not streaming, you should be fine for Friday before Salty. Otherwise, you'd be clashing with mcpeanuts' offline casual stream.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
SkullBats EU PC is also on Sunday the same time, which is another issue as this and the original were always open to all regions.

I'm thinking Friday would be ideal then, as we would be finished long before Salty has started, the question is how does Friday work out for everyone's schedules?

wouldn't European players want to enter EU skullbats, and NA players NA, etc?

they're not mutually exclusive because of latency, but there's probably not too many competing in both. the time overlap is probably tiny if there's any at all.

Reactions: Kai
...I just don't understand...where do you keep finding these amazing pictures?!?! I need to get on your level.

If this happens on the weekends, I'll try my best to make an appearance.

I think you'll see more dropoff on Friday then on Sunday. People's schedules will get in the way on a Friday, but I doubt the crosstalk between bats PSN and bats EU will matter.

Well im in! even though im a n00b...

Fri/Sat/Sun...it doesn't matter to me. I can do any of those days.

@BrandX+ we need to get some games online sometime. I haven't practiced anything new since forever.

Reactions: No longer exist
It's time to play Squigly, after waiting so long.. :'D

Sanger how did you think i was dead we're often talking about skullbats in irc T.T I don't use the thread cause it seemed like most people didn't read it and the op is all that's really needed since it leads you to steam group. Anyways since you picked sunday i'll try to get in on some of this.

Total noob here, I would love to get in on this. Is this starting tonight? or are you still working out the details? And thanks for putting this together.

Ah it feels good to be back :PUN:

im innn there

Total noob here, I would love to get in on this. Is this starting tonight? or are you still working out the details? And thanks for putting this together.

Should be starting tonight. I don't think there's been any change of plans.

Time to get wrecked in my first Skullbats

Should be starting tonight. I don't think there's been any change of plans.

Time to get wrecked in my first Skullbats

Cool, this should be fun

Might as well put my console to use.

Well that was a fantastic time. Online was a bit jittery in a few places, but overall fun.

GGs everyone.

FkCBoLb.png

Congrats to this week's winner and champion, Duckator.

1st: Duckator
2nd: dekillsage
2nd: konkrete
3rd: keninblack
4th: SonicFox5000
5th: KhaosMuffins
6th shadowstew
7th BlaiseGod
8th WingZero
9th daveosaur
10th Sanger_Zonvolt
11: BrandX
12: exodus1
13: mattatron36
15: Shuriblur
16: RurouniSaiya-jin

Results: http://challonge.com/SkullBatsEncore

Reactions: No longer exist
I forgot these were a thing.

Time to get the rust knocked off of me.

Hey, I wasn't last! I'm improving! XD

Forgot about this til now. So Psn skullbats is now 7pm est on sundays?