• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullbats EU PC

Timestamps to sets - Season 9 Finals

Bracket: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs9top8
Full stream archive: www.twitch.tv/stopmurotime/v/27899757

TIMESTAMPS (clickable!):
-----------------------------------------------------------
WINNERS ROUND 1 [FT3]
GN4RK vs zeknife
Ranger vs Sanji
Mr Peck vs Bombad
ath vs SillyOldDragon

LOSERS ROUND 1 [FT3]
GN4RK vs Ranger
Bombad vs SillyOldDragon

WINNERS ROUND 2 [FT3]
Sanji vs zeknife
Mr Peck vs ath

LOSERS ROUND 2 [FT3]
Mr Peck vs GN4RK
zeknife vs SillyOldDragon

WINNERS FINALS [FT3]
ath vs Sanji

LOSERS ROUND 3 [FT3]
Mr Peck vs zeknife

LOSERS FINALS [FT3]
zeknife vs ath

GRAND FINALS [FT3]
Sanji vs zeknife - first set
zeknife vs Sanji - second set

Reactions: Bombad
Last edited:
Season 10 Week 1:

Aparently Windows Media Player Doesn't like the sound on these videos. So the audio doesn't play in it.

Aparently Windows Media Player Doesn't like the sound on these videos. So the audio doesn't play in it.
Audio seems to work fine for me in your videos.

No set in round 2 due to receiving a Bye there.
Skullgirls modded with an OST that I recently became addicted to. Yay SkullMod.

2nd week of season 10 finished!

RESULTS: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs10w2

1st - Sanji (@Sanji)
2nd - SillyOldDragon (@SillyOldDragon)
3rd - ReSQNeS
1. Sanji
2. SillyOldDragon
3. Drewbie
3. ReSQNeS
5. Muro
5. Ranger
7. Dragon-M
8. Darren20500
8. GN4RK
Season Standing:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pyX1nt2Le_RKroTzjyF6ILfIhvcGEQ5KwT5ehkF_Zl8/
Both tonight's ties forced by unplayable connection were with Arktall.
In this case I assumed it was something on his side and - as far as point distribution towards the standing goes - treated those sets as wins for the opponents.

Feel free to share match recordings below.

3rd week of season 10 finished.

RESULTS: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs10w3

1st - ReSQNeS
2nd - Darren20500 (@Darren20500)
3rd - Muro (@Muro)
1. Sanji
2. ReSQNeS
3. Muro
3. SillyOldDragon
5. Darren20500
5. Ranger
7. Raven
8. Drewbie
Season Standing:
For the purpose of distributing points towards season standing, scores from tonight with fractions (tie results) were rounded down (for example 4.5 -> 4.0).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pyX1nt2Le_RKroTzjyF6ILfIhvcGEQ5KwT5ehkF_Zl8/

Feel free to share match recordings below.

Also, next Sunday is around Christmas weekend, so we're taking it off.
That said, next Skullbats is in 2 weeks (the 3rd of January). See you in 2016!

Reactions: GN4RK and Mr Peck
Hello everyone! From today I'll start to upload some epic moments from the skullbats tournament. In this video, I was playing vs Muro

Also feel free to add me on Steam for some matches!

Another epic moment from the last skullbats tournament! In this video I was playing vs Raven, who failed at the last moment!

Fell free to add me on Steam!

My own videos from Sunday are up as well.
Notice as prolonged exposure to radioactive solos gradually breaks my spirit and eventually turns me into a solo as well.

Reactions: Mr Peck
Last edited:
That link is 10w5, not 10w6
Well now, how did that one slip through there.

Fixed, thanks!

Next stop: season 10 top8 finalsss.

WHO:
@Sanji
@Mr Peck
ReSQNeS
@Ranger
@SillyOldDragon
@Huffy
@Darren20500
@Muro

WHAT:
The season finale will be a streamed double-elimination tournament, seeded by rank in the season standing. All matches will be FT3 (=best of 5).

WHEN:
Next Sunday (31-01-2016), starting at 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 9:00pm EET / 10:00pm MSK, aka standard Skullbats starting time.

STREAM:
Live stream - yes!
Commentary - maybe! (more info on that soon)

BRACKET LINK:
http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs10top8
(nothing here yet, bracket will be created on tournament day)

PRIZES:
We have them! First three places will receive video game prizes from Skullbats+ACE's vault of Steamy goodness.

Time for a lil' update on the finals. Topics we'll be touching - bracket and commentary.

BRACKET:
All qualified players confirmed their participation.
With that, we can present what the seeded by rank bracket will look like.
(Ranger and SillyOldWilly were tied for 4th place,
but 4th and 5th fight each other anyway so yeah)
That said, behooooold.

STREAM:
This season, finals will be streamed at http://www.hitbox.tv/zeknife.
Commentary will be provided by our two experienced EU players, @zeknife and @Alex12898.

See you on Sunday!

Is someone going to record locally? I'm probably not going to have a chance to watch live, and Hitbox doesn't automatically save VODs the way Twitch does.

I record locally most of the time when I stream something (Hitbox also records the stuff but I have to press a button to make it public)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Skullbats EU PC Season 10 top8 - RESULTS

1st: @Huffy
2nd: @SillyOldDragon
3rd: @Mr Peck
4th: @Sanji
5th: @Muro + ReSQNeS
7th: @Darren20500 + @Ranger

Bracket: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs10top8

Congratulations to Huffy for winning the event and good games to all participating players!
Also, big thanks to @Alex12898 and @zeknife for commentating tonight and last but not least, thanks to everyone who dropped in to watch and chat. Hope you had an enjoyable evening!

The tournament's stream archive of the sets with commentary will be uploaded to Youtube soon. Expect an additional post with that once it's ready.

Skullbats EU PC season 11 will start at the usual time next Sunday (07-02-2016).
Hope to see you there!

Archived stream recordings - Season 10 Finals

Bracket: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs10top8
Full stream archive: [part 1] ~ [part 2] ~ [part 3]

An unorthodox platform this time, but a functional one!
Compromising neither quality, loading speed, having the sound muted, dealing with filesize caps or generating random errors.
(which is more that could be said about Hitbox, Youtube, Dailymotion or Vimeo in 1+ of those aspects, dirty bastards)
Though timestamps don't work on ZippCast, here's a handy guide to sets below:

WINNERS ROUND 1 [FT3]
12:30 in [part 1] - Sanji vs Muro
25:42 in [part 1] - SillyOldDragon vs Ranger
39:44 in [part 1] - Mr Peck vs Darren20500
46:33 in [part 1] - ReSQNeS vs Huffy

LOSERS ROUND 1 [FT3]
02:01 in [part 2] - Muro vs Ranger
12:29 in [part 2] - Darren20500 vs ReSQNeS

WINNERS ROUND 2 [FT3]
21:07 in [part 2] - SillyOldDragon vs Sanji
39:46 in [part 2] - Huffy vs Mr Peck

LOSERS ROUND 2 [FT3]
51:22 in [part 2] - Mr Peck vs Muro
01:05 in [part 3] - ReSQNeS vs Sanji

LOSERS ROUND 3 [FT3]
12:09 in [part 3] - Mr Peck vs Sanji

WINNERS FINALS [FT3]
22:07 in [part 3] - SillyOldDragon vs Huffy

LOSERS FINALS [FT3]
30:47 in [part 3] - Mr Peck vs SillyOldDragon

GRAND FINALS [FT3]
47:20 in [part 3] - SillyOldDragon vs Huffy

Reactions: Ranger and Mr Peck
As you might know, the first post of this thread contains the Hall of Fame™, aka a compilation of past brackets along with the names of players who scored the first three places for each event. If you didn't know that, you sure do now!

As the weeks and seasons pass by though, the list is getting considerably long and I was slightly concerned if the first post won't suddenly hit the character limit one of these days.
In preparation, I did a little simulation with copying results from a typical season over and over until the post hits the character limit to anticipate when that happens. I'm slightly less concerned about the issue now.

Were Skullbats to keep its format and frequency of events, the first post will hit the character limit around season 354 in the year 2071.

Reactions: RavenSama
Next stop: season 11 top8 finals.

WHO:
@Mr Peck
@Izzmo
@Sanji
@Ranger
@SillyOldDragon
@RavenSama
ReSQNeS
@Darren20500

WHAT:
The season finale will be a streamed double-elimination tournament, seeded by rank in the season standing. All matches will be FT3 (=best of 5).

WHEN:
The Sunday in TWO weeks from today (03-04-2016), starting at 7:00pm BST / 8:00pm CEST / 9:00pm EEST / 10:00pm MSK.
Standard Skullbats starting time, after daylight saving time kicks in next week.
(that said, next Sunday aka 27-03-2016 will be free Skullbats-wise)

STREAM:
Live stream - yes!
Commentary - maybe! (more info on that soon)

BRACKET LINK:
http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs11top8
(nothing here yet, bracket will be created on tournament day)

PRIZES:
We have them! First three places will receive video game prizes from Skullbats+ACE's vault of Steamy goodness.

Hope you liked the last finals' stream, as tomorrow we're gonna have an encore! @zeknife and @Alex12898 will once again provide their voices to commentate the event.

This time we'll be watching it at zeknife's Twitch channel, what with last time showing us how tricky are Hitbox archives to deal with.

Season 11 finals: RESULTS AND ARCHIVES

1st: @Mr Peck
2nd: @Sanji
3rd: @Izzmo
4th: @Ranger
5th: @Kuroonehalf + ReSQNeS
7th: @Darren20500 + @RavenSama

Bracket: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs11top8

Congrats to Mr Peck for winning all of the everything, and GGs to all participating players!
Also, thanks to zeknife and Alex for commentating on this fine event.
Archives have been uploaded to Youtube in two parts (part 1 ~ part 2), with timestamp links to particular sets below:

WINNERS ROUND 1 [FT3]
Kuroonehalf vs Mr Peck
Darren20500 vs Izzmo
Ranger vs Raven
Sanji vs ReSQNeS

LOSERS ROUND 1 [FT3]
Kuroonehalf vs Raven
ReSQNeS vs Darren20500

WINNERS ROUND 2 [FT3]
Mr Peck vs Ranger
Sanji vs Izzmo

LOSERS ROUND 2 [FT3]
Sanji vs Kuroonehalf
ReSQNeS vs Ranger

WINNERS FINALS [FT3]
Izzmo vs Mr Peck

LOSERS ROUND 3 [FT3]
Ranger vs Sanji

LOSERS FINALS [FT3]
Izzmo vs Sanji

GRAND FINALS [FT3]
Mr Peck vs Sanji - set #1
Mr Peck vs Sanji - set #2

First of all, results of last evening's swiss tourney:
1st - Mr Peck (@Mr Peck)
2nd - Ranger (@Ranger)
3rd - Sanji (@Sanji)
Bracket: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs10_04_16

Now, for a little announcement.

Purposely didn't name the event/challonge "season 12" as I wouldn't want to start something I know I won't finish. After considering the thought for quite a while, I've ultimately decided to stand down as the Skullbats EU host. One can stay enthusiastic about organising an event for only so long, and >1,5 years is indeed a long time to build your weekends around Sunday evening availability. Hosting was taking its toll on me, and so between work schedules and otherwise offline life, the time arrived for me to take an organisational break.

To make it less abrupt, I decided to run 4 "casualbats" - with yesterday's event being the first, and the fourth event on 1.05.2016 being the last. Basically our normal weekly 7xFT3 swiss tourneys, just without keeping a season ranking. The time will also work as a buffer and calm space for thinking - if anyone will feel like it, it's very much an option and open offer for someone to pick up hosting Skullbats from me after these four tourneys, and the casualbats can retroactively be treated as the first four weeks of season 12. Or not - all depends what will be the plan of the potential new host, of course.
If needed, I'll gladly give any tips/pointers/training when it comes to challonge/Steam group tools/google docs if such a volunteer appears and is in need of it, too.

As for me, I'll keep playing Skullgirls the same I did in the last months, and probably participate from time to time if someone picks up Skullbats in one form or another as well.
Goes without saying, it's been a great pleasure to provide nice things for Europe! Here's hoping we'll all still get a ton of exciting SG matches in the years to come.

Last edited:
More time to work on dazed announcements!

GG, Muro man. You are great player.