• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullbats PC NA/SA

Huh definitely defer to konkrete over me I haven't played in very many tourneys. I thought standard was winner keeps everything the same but then some tournaments have different rules. I guess marvel usually allows winner to swap assists if loser changes characters? So is winner allowed to go to character select and make a new order or can they only swap point with the shortcut? Also I thought that didn't work online?

WHoops, lol. Yes the hold-the-assist thing doesn't work online. But you are allowed to switch. In most games winner is allowed to change mostly everything that isn't the character. KoF you can change order, AH you can change arcana, SF4 ultras, etc.

In case people aren't checking/still aren't in the steam group (you should be!) We're going with sunday again this week so hopefully no one is confused. After it's over I would like to ask everyone who still hasn't to vote and then I'll make the final call on when skullbats should be. Cya sunday errbody!

In case people aren't checking/still aren't in the steam group (you should be!) We're going with sunday again this week so hopefully no one is confused. After it's over I would like to ask everyone who still hasn't to vote and then I'll make the final call on when skullbats should be. Cya sunday errbody!

Sundays forever. <3

Is there a poll somewhere, or are you tallying replies in this thread and/or the steam group discussion?

Sundays forever. <3

Is there a poll somewhere, or are you tallying replies in this thread and/or the steam group discussion?

There's a poll in this subforum.

WHoops, lol. Yes the hold-the-assist thing doesn't work online. But you are allowed to switch. In most games winner is allowed to change mostly everything that isn't the character. KoF you can change order, AH you can change arcana, SF4 ultras, etc.
Yeah Skullgirls is very different than other games when it comes to this. Its very generous in its distribution of choices.

Ay when the MDE version comes out on PS3 will we be doing this for it again?

I miss Skullbats ;___;

Ay when the MDE version comes out on PS3 will we be doing this for it again?

I miss Skullbats ;___;
Everybody kinda migrated to pc. I doubt the PSN community will have a resurgence. We won't even be able to run locals on the damn thing most of the time because of the patch delays :(

Someone buy me a PC that can run SG.
Or whoever is working on the MAC version... please... ACTUALLY WORK ON THE MAC VERSION JESUS FUCK

Season 1 Week 4

1st: SoupySwan
2nd: Duckator
3rd: Theldiomatic

http://sklbatpc.challonge.com/s1w4

Standings: goo.gl/PxAGty

Although Saturday is ahead in the vote (by 3) I think we are sticking with Sunday for the rest of this season. This season might also be shortened to 6 weeks which would mean only 2 weeks left if everyone is ok with that. Although top spots are now getting kind off heated. However even if I shorten it I'm willing to start a new one right away.

Some ideas I have: The group has grown quite a bit it might put the hunger in folks that are low on points to have a new season where they can fight for 1st? Alternate between Saturday and Sunday for seasons so people? Shorter seasons might allow someone to rearrange plans even if they couldn't normally attend? Faster payout = more hype?

Thoughts?

Someone buy me a PC that can run SG.
Or whoever is working on the MAC version... please... ACTUALLY WORK ON THE MAC VERSION JESUS FUCK
Ken what happened to that Evo money

Crap, I got too absorbed into rouge legacy and missed this week.

Ken what happened to that Evo money
Food and expendables.

It was less than 300 anyway I think so :(

Food and expendables.

It was less than 300 anyway I think so :(
Oh, right. I forgot Skullgirls was poverty.

Although Saturday is ahead in the vote (by 3) I think we are sticking with Sunday for the rest of this season. This season might also be shortened to 6 weeks which would mean only 2 weeks left if everyone is ok with that. Although top spots are now getting kind off heated. However even if I shorten it I'm willing to start a new one right away.

Some ideas I have: The group has grown quite a bit it might put the hunger in folks that are low on points to have a new season where they can fight for 1st? Alternate between Saturday and Sunday for seasons so people? Shorter seasons might allow someone to rearrange plans even if they couldn't normally attend? Faster payout = more hype?

My thoughts on this:
= I personally don't care if there's no prizes or money involved in this, but I also don't know if the good talent would fight in no-prize tourneys. Money isn't free (har har!) and I hate to see WhiteFury have to keep donating prizes just to keep skullbats going. If we indeed won't get the really good people to fight with us unless there's prizes involved, I would opt to keep the season in its original length, if not anything to stretch the dollars-to-fights amount. As a quick show of hands (and I'm almost even hesitant to throw this question out), who here would NOT have joined skullbats if it weren't for the money?

= I originally joined this tourney with the goal of levelling up my scrubby play. I've gotten quite a bit of great advice from mcpeanuts (thanks, btw!), and a few bits and pieces here and there, but otherwise I haven't had any really good conversations / analysis of my play on where specifically I can improve the most. (bad habits? match-up advice? things I should or shouldn't be doing? etc...) I KNOW I'm scrubby, and the tournament nerves make me even scrubbier, but I don't know what I need to do to fix that.

= As for the timing, I think if we're going with Sunday, we stick with Sunday for the entire season. Consistency is better than diversity, IMHO. The beginning of the next season can be either Saturday or Sunday, but once we make a decision (and "we" = WhiteFury), then we stick with that same time / day for the rest of the season. I wouldn't mind alternate days between seasons as WhiteFury suggested though.

Why not just buy some games during sale seasons and give out Steam codes as prize rewards? I mean it solves the cost issue and the issue of no prizes to attract more people. Or how about just reward people with Steam cards?

1st Place - $10
2nd Place - $5
3rd Place - $2.50

Sure this won't get the Justin Wong of Skullgirls to join, but it may get some shy forum goers from SRK to give it a shot. More competition is better.

The money provided would still be the same just split in half because the season is half as long. What I'm looking for input the most from my last post is would people be OK cutting this season off in 2 weeks?

My thoughts on this:
= I personally don't care if there's no prizes or money involved in this, but I also don't know if the good talent would fight in no-prize tourneys. Money isn't free (har har!) and I hate to see WhiteFury have to keep donating prizes just to keep skullbats going. If we indeed won't get the really good people to fight with us unless there's prizes involved, I would opt to keep the season in its original length, if not anything to stretch the dollars-to-fights amount. As a quick show of hands (and I'm almost even hesitant to throw this question out), who here would NOT have joined skullbats if it weren't for the money?
I personally don't care, I've been entering Skullbats well before there was any kind of prize for it. But I know it's a motivating factor for some people.

= I originally joined this tourney with the goal of levelling up my scrubby play. I've gotten quite a bit of great advice from mcpeanuts (thanks, btw!), and a few bits and pieces here and there, but otherwise I haven't had any really good conversations / analysis of my play on where specifically I can improve the most. (bad habits? match-up advice? things I should or shouldn't be doing? etc...) I KNOW I'm scrubby, and the tournament nerves make me even scrubbier, but I don't know what I need to do to fix that.
We used to have a match video analysis thread on the old forums. Maybe we should bring that back. People didn't really use the old one that much, but now that the game is on PC where it's easier to record gameplay, maybe people would use it more. If you could post a video of a game or set you play, I'd be willing to critique it for you. It would work best if you were fighting someone who was roughly at your skill level.

Another idea I have is that I could run solo Filia mirrors with you some time. There's a lot of holes in your game that don't have anything to do with matchups, so taking matchups out of the equation could be helpful.

= As for the timing, I think if we're going with Sunday, we stick with Sunday for the entire season. Consistency is better than diversity, IMHO. The beginning of the next season can be either Saturday or Sunday, but once we make a decision (and "we" = WhiteFury), then we stick with that same time / day for the rest of the season. I wouldn't mind alternate days between seasons as WhiteFury suggested though.
Agreed.
The money provided would still be the same just split in half because the season is half as long. What I'm looking for input the most from my last post is would people be OK cutting this season off in 2 weeks?
I don't have any problem with this.

Reactions: Money
Reminder: Sunday for at least the next two weeks. Cya all tomorrow!

Another idea I have is that I could run solo Filia mirrors with you some time. There's a lot of holes in your game that don't have anything to do with matchups, so taking matchups out of the equation could be helpful.

@mcpeanuts I'd like to take you up on this offer. Would you have time after skullbats tomorrow to run Filia mirrors with me? Either that or before skullbats, but then time would be constrained to when the tourney starts....

@mcpeanuts I'd like to take you up on this offer. Would you have time after skullbats tomorrow to run Filia mirrors with me? Either that or before skullbats, but then time would be constrained to when the tourney starts....
I dunno if I'm entering Skullbats today. But like any time I'm on, just ask and I can run some games with you as long as I'm not playing someone else already.

I just realized... How am I supposed to sign up?

I just realized... How am I supposed to sign up?
Join the steam group and get in the steam chat 10 minutes before it starts.

hey theres a cool timer at the top of the thread now. thats when the tournament starts everyone!

Special note: today is the final day of Season 1!

Just a heads-up that the counter at the top of the thread has to be manually reset each time, so it would be great if someone could PM either myself or worldjem with a reminder when each new event is finalized.

This is pretty cool, but sundays are 4 football. A random weeknight (not friday) would probably bring in the most people?

A random weeknight would not probably bring in the most people.

It's a rare sight nowadays, but people still have these things called jobs.

A random weeknight would not probably bring in the most people.

It's a rare sight nowadays, but people still have these things called jobs.

^^^ This. Work and/or school would make a weeknight not viable for most of the players. We've actually put this to a vote before, with the choices being Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. An overwhelming majority chose Sat/Sun.

Posting in case people don't see the thread. Well be doing top 8 double elim this Saturday at 5pm eastern on twitch.TV/kiyobi The start date for season 2 is in the thread title. It will be the week after top 8 and it will be Saturdays this season. Time is at 7pm for season 2 just like normal. the early time for top 8 is to make sure were done in time for soupy swan to head to work.

Posting in case people don't see the thread. Well be doing top 8 double elim this Saturday at 5pm eastern on twitch.TV/kiyobi The start date for season 2 is in the thread title. It will be the week after top 8 and it will be Saturdays this season. Time is at 7pm for season 2 just like normal. the early time for top 8 is to make sure were done in time for soupy swan to head to work.
Blah, I'm busy that Saturday, I have a local event starting exactly at 7 D:

In the spirit of mcpeanuts' post for the 240p+ tourney, here's the top 8 character usage for season 1:

Filia = 5
Cerebella = 3
Peacock = 1
Parasoul = 2
Fortune = 0
Painwheel = 1
Valentine = 3
Double = 4
Squigly = 1

This does not include negus or noaa, both who tied for 8th place with SoupySwan in season 1 (I just went by the top8 double elim tournament today)

Filia SS+ Tier
Fortune "Not even worth using" Tier

Tierlist thread soon to be on fire.

Reactions: Kiyobi
OP Updated for Season 2.

Top 8 Season 1: http://sklbatpc.challonge.com/s1t8
1st: Duckator
2nd: MPGame (MalikPate)
3rd: SoupySwan (had to DQ himself to get to work so I put brand through to play mpgame in his stead for losers finals)
4th: BrandX
5th: Uzu, Midiman
7th: MajiOmni, WhiteFury

Season 1 Standings: http://goo.gl/PxAGty

Cya'll this Saturday for more Skullgirls :)

Last edited:
Bump for me missing the first TWO weeks of season 2 :'(

Yup, just found out I'm also busy next saturday night too D: