• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Skulldate: The Unoffical Skullgirls Dating Sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could enter a long-winded debate about various ages of consent across the world and human physiology, but that sounds boring to write and also like it's looking for trouble, so instead, consider this: all the sexuality-related comments the player can make, even the ones not directed towards her, specifically produce the same result of pissing off Squigly (And Leviathan even moreso). That is, pretty obviously, not the proper way to proceed with the game, but I'm being led to believe that some people might intentionally choose the "wrong answers" just to see the would-be-waifu in question explode on them. The point being that she's made just as uncomfortable by those advances as you are.
I have to do that and BOY! They get pissed!

Also if people are criticizing about the Age hey.........what about Peacock or Marie huh?
Ha sorry I think this just fanned the flames.

There are plenty games where you shoot people, behead people, assassinate people, whatever else @Arcana
You play FIGHTING GAMES. The goal of SG is to punch and kick (and shoot and whatnot else) someone repeatedly, until they are knocked out.

- If you believe that "Violence in Games" in any way transfers to "Violence in Real Life", you probably shouldn't even enter the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread. A republican talkshow might be a decent place?
- If you don't believe that someone is about to turn into a mass murdering slaughter weapon, because he played Call Of Duty for a week; then thinking this game translates in any way shape or form into real life is plain straightout hypocrisy.

If playing Video Games has any relation to your Real Life persona, I'm far less "creeped out" / "afraid of" someone playing a dating game where he tries to get on the good side of a young girl (14 is legal in germany too, so he'd be good to go here!) than by someone who thoroughly enjoys mutilating, murdering, burning, .. people.
In fact, I'd probably be the most scared of Roller Coaster Tycoon players. Or maybe Sims. Put people in a pond they can't climb out of by themselves and manically laugh while they slowly starve to death; kinda creepy.

This is completely aside from the facts that
- It's not an H-Game
- Squigly is sexualized IN SKULLGIRLS http://i.imgur.com/WZAx4XR.png (though I guess calling Alex bad/creepy would not be wrong..)
- IT IS A NUMBER. Squigly does not have "the body of a 14 year old". If you go by the number making it creepy, that would mean you'd call a game where you fuck "vampire toddlers, which are actually 2000 years old, and as such completely legal" less creepy.

I am not changing anything.

I'm agreeing with this.
Seriously, Squigly gets mad and says no anyway. If anything, it's demonstrating Squigly and Leviathan's morality in contrast to the player's immorality.

For the players with immorality, tho:
shame on you, sempie

Last edited:
Time to spoil the princess. :y

Also legit curious, is there any plans for an Eliza route soon?
Are there any plans for a Samson route too?
Q: Who's date-able?
A: *Sighs* Well it's kinda "unfinished" you see the characters are both female AND MALE characters. Here's the cast of the game (For now)
* Cerebella
* Squigly
* Filia
* Valentine
* Eliza
* Beowulf
* Miss. Foutune
* Minette
* Scythana
* Hive
* Big Band
* Peacock
* Double
* Parasoul
* Annie
* Feng
* Miss Victoria
* Mike Z
* Alex Ahad
* Samson (I put him in so @Jimbob could shut up about him)
* Painwheel
* Adam
* Marie
* Fukua
* Robo-Fourtune
* Skullheart
* ???
-FAN VOTED!!!-
*Aeon
*The Hurting (I knew he was gonna win)
*Molly

Its on Youtube right now! So here is the fulll Squigly Story mode playthrough (With the super duper secret easter egg)
Also here is all the pictures made during the stream "Warning your OTP may be replaced this these ones!"
y4jyh44.jpg

ieryDdU.jpg
9dFIiyf.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who does intend to write for Eliza, Topazius (Squigly's VA) has told me that she's willing to do voice acting for her as well, and also for Filia. We also have a potential Beowulf VA for anyone wanting to take advantage.

Reactions: RPG and SkullMan
For anyone who does intend to write for Eliza, Topazius (Squigly's VA) has told me that she's willing to do voice acting for her as well, and also for Filia. We also have a potential Beowulf VA for anyone wanting to take advantage.
I'll VA again if you need it
Also the YT videos are up! See my edit above! or click here!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh neat, thanks! Who would you be willing to voice?
Well, i have a girly voice, so one of the girl characters? I've been thinking mainly Filia, Minette, Annie, Peacock or Fukua. Eventually Marie, Molly, Eliza or Scythana.
You can hear how i sound like here.
I also did some voice attempts at Filia, Marie, Eliza and Pea, so here. (They were recorded when i was testing out my new mic, so there's a lot of breathy noises.)

Last edited:
Well, i have a girly voice, so one of the girl characters? I've been thinking mainly Filia, Minette, Annie, Peacock or Fukua. Eventually Marie, Aeon, Molly, Eliza or Scythana.
You can hear how i sound like here.
I also did some voice attempts at Filia, Marie, Eliza and Pea, so here. (They were recorded when i was testing out my new mic, so there's a lot of breathy noises.)
Wow those are great! I think Eliza and Filia are probably your best ones Peacock is great too but, I really want to here it with the peacock edit (you know the kind robo/cyborg voice) Good job girl!

For the sake that the thread does not get overwhelmed with Voice acting submissions I propose we move the VA tryouts and content that can show people your voice work. On the new Skullgirls Fan Voice Acting thread HERE
This is so then @LockjawsSaga can pick his choices out of the bunch and contact them that way

Oh, great idea Funky! Thanks for helping me out there, it's much more convenient to have everyone interested in VA work compiled into one neat reference thread.

BTW, I know this has been asked before, but since the possibility seems much more realistic and people seem to be eager to volunteer, how much voice acting do you guys want the game to have, and what kind of scenes should be voice acted?

Originally, I'd only planned to have the voice acting in Squigly's path be a reward for a good date, but since interest has grown I could see where else it might fit too (maybe where Squigly first appears in the intro?).

Oh, great idea Funky! Thanks for helping me out there, it's much more convenient to have everyone interested in VA work compiled into one neat reference thread.

BTW, I know this has been asked before, but since the possibility seems much more realistic and people seem to be eager to volunteer, how much voice acting do you guys want the game to have, and what kind of scenes should be voice acted?

Originally, I'd only planned to have the voice acting in Squigly's path be a reward for a good date, but since interest has grown I could see where else it might fit too (maybe where Squigly first appears in the intro?).
Well, it can be like in RPG games, with small lines everytime a character speaks a new sentence/uses a different sprite. And then longer voice acting during an important scene? I'm mostly thinking Dangan Ronpa style.

Wow those are great! I think Eliza and Filia are probably your best ones Peacock is great too but, I really want to here it with the peacock edit (you know the kind robo/cyborg voice) Good job girl!
"Still got it!"

Well it's at least great were getting more people who want to voice act...

I would never thought that this would happen.

Well, it can be like in RPG games, with small lines everytime a character speaks a new sentence/uses a different sprite. And then longer voice acting during an important scene? I'm mostly thinking Dangan Ronpa style.

Ah, I think I know what you mean. I'm familiar with that style of VA from Fire Emblem Awakening. That could work, every character could have voice clips like grunts, moans, sighs, etc, and also a few small words and phrases (like 'My lady' for Leviathan).

Speaking of Fire Emblem Awakening, I thought it'd be cool if every character's good ending included something like this:

BTW, in that second video, does the guy at 4:03 sound familiar to anyone?

Ah, I think I know what you mean. I'm familiar with that style of VA from Fire Emblem Awakening. That could work, every character could have voice clips like grunts, moans, sighs, etc, and also a few small words and phrases (like 'My lady' for Leviathan).

Speaking of Fire Emblem Awakening, I thought it'd be cool if every character's good ending included something like this:

BTW, in that second video, does the guy at 4:03 sound familiar to anyone?
That sounds like a cool idea! I'm down with it.
And yep, that's Liam O' Brien. Does the gal at 4:53 sound familiar too?

It's gotten a bit quiet as of late. I really would appreciate your feedback, guys. It's one of the few things that keep me motivated.

If anyone still cares, here's a brief update:
I like because I saw Doug also looks really cool send me a copy to stream when you can over skype

It's gotten a bit quiet as of late. I really would appreciate your feedback, guys. It's one of the few things that keep me motivated

You and your team are doing a marvellous job with Skulldate, I may be new to the forums but I think most people would agree.
What you guys have achieved so far is a quite a feat for a community with also the consideration that this is the second fan game I've seen (Other being Skullgirls RPG).
Don't give up, but even if you do, it would still have been a great attempt.

Perhaps once I get a tablet and take an actual art class, I could help out.

Another quick vid just to show what happens when you don't win (since I figure people wouldn't go out of their way just to lose):

(As you can see, I've changed "MP" to "Meter", and I'm going to try to have it replenish itself slightly each turn)

Any comments, thoughts, or suggestions about the battle system are greatly appreciated, but meanwhile I have a question for all of you. I plan to put character voice clips in during the attacks and I wanted to get your opinion: would you prefer I use voice clips directly from Skullgirls or new voice clips of the same lines recorded by our VAs? I'm heavily leaning toward the latter since it'll fit better with the already recorded VA in the game, as well as giving you guys more opportunity to contribute to the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.