• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Skulldate: The Unoffical Skullgirls Dating Sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sweet. Thank you for sharing the opportunity though, I have nothing else to do since its the last days of my holiday :[

Sorry RPG :v

No worries about it~
Besides, your edits looked much better than mine.

Reactions: Crazyzooka
Both of your edits look great wish I had photoshop skills like that.

Hello Dralith, and thank you for your feedback and support!

Though your idea is interesting, it sounds like it'd be a technical nightmare to implement, especially across several different character routes. If it's any consolation, the player IS given options on how they want to interact with their date of choice through the dialogues, be it positive, negative or neutral. The way the player treats the date will effect the caliber of ending they receive at the end of the route. Going by your idea, it feels as though the player would be locked into one ending right from picking their traits (like, picking negative traits would always get you bad endings and vice versa), but maybe I'm just not understanding it fully.
It seems like this would involve the writing of more dialogue if I understand correctly not even mentioning the technical aspect of it. I'm not even sure if anyone has even started on a new character recently or completely finished a characters path yet. But the think about this project Darlith since there are different writers its will hard to go back and make the plot lines cohesive to fit your idea.
Thank you both, I completely understand. I will not push this any further, goodbye for now and good luck on the project. (I would see if I could help but I can't do anything)

I apologize for posting again already but I just finished playing version 0.07 and I'm even more hyped for where this project will go. Once again thank you to everyone involved in this project for all your hard work, this is a rather grand spectacle and I've become interested in what will happen in the future.

I apologize for posting again already but I just finished playing version 0.07 and I'm even more hyped for where this project will go. Once again thank you to everyone involved in this project for all your hard work, this is a rather grand spectacle and I've become interested in what will happen in the future.
You don't gotta apologize, please feel free to post all you want! Your feedback is greatly welcomed and appreciated, and I'm glad you're interested in the project! :)

Anyway, small update: after some thought Mc.Rad and I have decided to remove money from the game. Also, new title screen has been put in the game, as well as different colors for the menu to go along with it. I'd also like to thank @KuyaLaw for his AMAZING Samson recording, and @ChirsXBlade for providing me with a very nice "generic Medici" sprite. Thanks, guys!

Attachments

• Medici by ChirsXBlade.png
    Medici by ChirsXBlade.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 656
That Medici Tower sidequest I talked about earlier is now complete! I'm anxious to get it out, but I wanna get a little further in writing Squigly's route before I put a new version out for public release, so for now, here's a sneak peek. I gotta say, things get pretty intense.

(Fun fact: if you click down on the scroll wheel in Renpy, you can remove the text window)
screencap.png

*INSERT DRAMATIC MUSIC*

Also, here's a fun little video I made using Skulldate and audio from Topazius' defunct RP blog, questiontheduet that further shows off the new res.

More updates hopefully coming soon.

Hello, I am quite interested in voicing for the project, attached here is an attempt of Filia. If it isn't up to par, or her voice is already taken, I am more than willing to attempt other roles. I appreciate your time, thanks!

Attachments

• FiliaVoice.mp3
    202.9 KB · Views: 450
Reactions: LockjawsSaga
That Skullgirls Ask blog video really puts a smile on my face, especially with the bickering between Samson and Leviathan.

Reactions: LockjawsSaga
That Medici Tower sidequest I talked about earlier is now complete! I'm anxious to get it out, but I wanna get a little further in writing Squigly's route before I put a new version out for public release, so for now, here's a sneak peek. I gotta say, things get pretty intense.

(Fun fact: if you click down on the scroll wheel in Renpy, you can remove the text window)
View attachment 7944
*INSERT DRAMATIC MUSIC*

Also, here's a fun little video I made using Skulldate and audio from Topazius' defunct RP blog, questiontheduet that further shows off the new res.

This is amazing dude! I wanna work on stuff like this if I ever get the chance. ^_^

Hello, I am quite interested in voicing for the project, attached here is an attempt of Filia. If it isn't up to par, or her voice is already taken, I am more than willing to attempt other roles. I appreciate your time, thanks!
Thank you, your audition was great! The only thing is sometimes it was slightly difficult to hear clearly. Might you possibly have a better microphone you could record with?

That Skullgirls Ask blog video really puts a smile on my face, especially with the bickering between Samson and Leviathan.
This is amazing dude! I wanna work on stuff like this if I ever get the chance. ^_^

Glad you guys liked it, and again, Topazius gets full credit for the writing, I just did the visual part. Since this seemed to be pretty well-recieved, I may write some voice-acted skits of my own in the future involving not just Squigly but other characters, and "animate" them with Skulldate. I'll make a seperate thread for those if I do.

Actually @FunkyHellboy, I remember you telling me of a similar idea you had regarding Skullgirls skits, maybe this is one way you could do it!

Man...this game sure have progressed pretty far from when i went M.I.A.

Thank you, your audition was great! The only thing is sometimes it was slightly difficult to hear clearly. Might you possibly have a better microphone you could record with?

Glad you guys liked it, and again, Topazius gets full credit for the writing, I just did the visual part. Since this seemed to be pretty well-recieved, I may write some voice-acted skits of my own in the future involving not just Squigly but other characters, and "animate" them with Skulldate. I'll make a seperate thread for those if I do.

Actually @FunkyHellboy, I remember you telling me of a similar idea you had regarding Skullgirls skits, maybe this is one way you could do it!
Maybe but, I'll need you to teac me how o make things in Skulldate

PS. I am getting a better mic soon and will have to contact you about redoing the line so it sounds better

It could have been the software I was using as well, I will attempt a better one and post it as soon as possible. Thank you again!

I like to play fan/doujin games whenever I can because some people put some interesting twists in them that I really enjoy. I haven't played Dating Sims very much (Katawa Shoujo being my first game recently, but I did not play that much) so I decided to give this a try.

Reactions: loonieboy9697
This entire thing is almost too nerdy for me to bear, but I have a lot of respect for how far it's come. Real progress is being made on this fan game, unlike some other fan games.
Like which ones? The Annie one? Flappy girls? Or......nah can't be......can it?

Like which ones? The Annie one? Flappy girls? Or......nah can't be......can it?
Annie, bro. I actually wasted time helping with that one. That'll teach me!

Annie, bro. I actually wasted time helping with that one. That'll teach me!
Oh wow like how much of a waste? Um but if you do want to tell me do i in a pm so we don't fill in this thread with unrelated stuff.

Oh wow like how much of a waste? Um but if you do want to tell me do i in a pm so we don't fill in this thread with unrelated stuff.
No need, look up the Annie game thread if you really want to, I posted my thoughts publicly.

The relevant part for this discussion is that it gives a sense of perspective on this project, and like I said: I can appreciate that the people involved have made real, tangible progress.

Maybe but, I'll need you to teac me how o make things in Skulldate

PS. I am getting a better mic soon and will have to contact you about redoing the line so it sounds better
Cool, that actually works out perfect because I'm looking to put more voice acting in! I'll skype with you sometime soon over the details (and also tell you more about how you can make those skits)

This is awesome! Yea more of this would be great :). but yea get a better mic, it does help.

Not to be harsh or anything, this project is amazing, but the voice acting here is a bit flat. Samson and Leviathon both do great jobs, but the one's doing Filia and Squigs feel quite flat and monotone, either speaking too fast or feeling like they just read their lines. I wouldn't mention this if it weren't a quality issue considering whoever did the two parasites did amazing jobs. And I'm not talking mic quality, that's something you can't always help, yeah?

Not to be harsh or anything, this project is amazing, but the voice acting here is a bit flat. Samson and Leviathon both do great jobs, but the one's doing Filia and Squigs feel quite flat and monotone, either speaking too fast or feeling like they just read their lines. I wouldn't mention this if it weren't a quality issue considering whoever did the two parasites did amazing jobs. And I'm not talking mic quality, that's something you can't always help, yeah?
Well, that video isn't officially tied to the project, and that audio was recorded almost a year ago and isn't going to be in the actual game, but I do understand your criticisms. I'll work with our VAs to try to produce the best-sounding lines possible for the actual in-game dialogue.

Yeah, and I understand it's a fan project, so whatever quality you can get is welcome.

A sick part of me wants to see this be more popular than Sullgirls itself XDD Not really, but it'd be hilarious.

A sick part of me wants to see this be more popular than Sullgirls itself XDD Not really, but it'd be hilarious.
Haha. It would be very funny. Although other fandoms would be all over us about that.

Eh, I wasn't serious at all when saying that. I come from the Mega Man fanbase, which lives entirely off of old games and fan games, so I support any and all amazing fangames with 157% gusto! So in my eyes, this is already leading up to a great thing.

Eh, I wasn't serious at all when saying that. I come from the Mega Man fanbase, which lives entirely off of old games and fan games, so I support any and all amazing fangames with 157% gusto! So in my eyes, this is already leading up to a great thing.
I know you weren't serious. Nothing wrong with fan games at all. One becoming more popular then actual Skullgirls itself would be very interesting.

Man someone give me a rundown of the progress so far?

Man someone give me a rundown of the progress so far?
As far as progress on the Squigly route goes, working on the last of the dialogue menus, after that I'll be adding in the Double fight, then a few optional missions, and finally the Marie battle and endings. A couple new sprites and effects have also been added in as well (like Squigly now shakes when she's scared during the apartment scene). I estimate it to be around 80% complete, and for the total playtime to be somewhere around 3 hours. I hope to finish the entire route before February is up.

Not too sure about the status of the other parts of the game. We're still in sore need of route writers, after all.

Last edited:
So we got Filia and working on Squig's line, who's next? Also, do you guys plan to have a Double line? Because if you do...God I can imagine the nightmare or writing that....

By line, do you mean route? Because if so, there was already the beginning of a Double route, but Mc.Rad had cancelled it in favor of writing the route for the Hurting.

I'd like to remind everyone that anyone is free to contribute to this project. Your favorite character not in the game yet? Put 'em in! Send us a draft of their intro and we'll work to fit it into the script!

I might try to write some then...I'm not familiar with the project and don't know which characters have had their paths written yet

I might try to write some then...I'm not familiar with the project and don't know which characters have had their paths written yet

I'll write up an intro for Peacock when you guys finish Squiglys route.

How does the main character know so little about parasites and the like? Are they from some Podunk town out in the middle of nowhere that didn't bother to educate them properly?

Reactions: Fumako and Magma442
Are they from some Podunk town out in the middle of nowhere that didn't bother to educate them properly?
That, or a rock.

How does the main character know so little about parasites and the like? Are they from some Podunk town out in the middle of nowhere that didn't bother to educate them properly?

On its defense, the main character just arrived to this place, so I like to think the character is a resident from a far away land where knowledge about Parasite history and all of its reasearch information have been burned a la Fahrenheit 451.

Sorta. It's just for the sake of exposition, really.

hey guys. So I been working on some artwork for the front for the slideshow next to the menu. (if that is still a go that is) but yea been working on Squiggly, and still not done yet, but getting there. Sorry for the delays on my end on this games, school has me by the balls. So yea here's my progress so far.

Also asking for some critque as well since I am on the topic. I know the face isnt right, so by all means let me know how I can make this better

Attachments

• ss+(2015-02-07+at+12.36.07).jpg
    ss+(2015-02-07+at+12.36.07).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.