• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls 2nd Encore, 4/17 Beowulf Release/Trailer, Robo-Fortune Progress!

I have an actual question:

Those whose apart of the IGG backers that gets their stuff on PC (like the Color pack I completely forgot was a thing), will we also be getting this 2nd Encore update for free or will it be outside the norm? I'm all for paying for the pack, but wanting to root out a valid question.

Those whose apart of the IGG backers that gets their stuff on PC (like the Color pack I completely forgot was a thing), will we also be getting this 2nd Encore update for free or will it be outside the norm? I'm all for paying for the pack, but wanting to root out a valid question.
Good question, thank you for asking!

PS3/XBox/PC will get Robo as a DLC character the same way they got everyone else (3 months free), and her stage/balance updates/gallery/console lobbies/character and announcer voicepacks/etc. That's the end of the IGG supported stuff.

The rest of whatever gets included with PS4/Vita 2nd Encore - IF we are able to release that stuff as PC DLC, which is still not known - will not be free for backers. It wasn't paid for with IGG money, so it doesn't get included as an IGG freebie. Sorry.

Last edited:
Sweet. Luckily I picked up a new job so when ever Ps4's rolls out It's a snach up. And I'll save some Steam Wallet bucks for the Pc Edition if it ever lands ^_^ Thanks for the info ^_^

mmmmh. but second Encore will not have any major changes compared to the first one right?

Thanks for the answer.

The rest of whatever gets included with PS4/Vita 2nd Encore, IF we are able to release that stuff as PC DLC (which is still not known) will not be free for backers. It wasn't paid for with IGG money, so it doesn't get included as an IGG freebie. Sorry.

Will this affect online at all, like if I dont upgrade right away I can still play with people who did upgrade right?

Will this affect online at all, like if I dont upgrade right away I can still play with people who did upgrade right?

None of the 2nd Encore content will have any effect on VS gameplay, so no, it will not affect online and you won't have to worry about it.

mmmmh. but second Encore will not have any major changes compared to the first one right?

Depends what you mean by major changes. If you're referring to VS gameplay, then no.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Good question, thank you for asking!

PS3/XBox/PC will get Robo as a DLC character the same way they got everyone else (3 months free), and her stage/balance updates/gallery/console lobbies/character and announcer voicepacks/etc. That's the end of the IGG supported stuff.

The rest of whatever gets included with PS4/Vita 2nd Encore - IF we are able to release that stuff as PC DLC, which is still not known - will not be free for backers. It wasn't paid for with IGG money, so it doesn't get included as an IGG freebie. Sorry.

As long as you guys get paid, I think none of us care that we have to pay for it.

The SGC is not the rest of the FGC, but the sentiment is very appreciated. :^)
:c I like to dream. Still some money is better than none ;P

Weird question but everyone will have taunts by the time you guys are finished with the IGG stuff right?

All we need now is a physical version of SG ;)

Reactions: Aden
The SGC is not the rest of the FGC, but the sentiment is very appreciated. :^)
I harbor some hope that a new release might get people to give it another go, it's a completely different game now compared to what wasn't particularly liked by the FGC, hopefully people will start realizing that. Lab Zero has made a great game and supported their community well, hopefully it pays off.

Depends what you mean by major changes. If you're referring to VS gameplay, then no.
What i meant was patches or upgrades to netplay or something like that. Since no, then I feel totally fine if I don't get the second encore right away, because I will still be able to play with my friends. Okay thanks Render.

What i meant was patches or upgrades to netplay or something like that. Since no, then I feel totally fine if I don't get the second encore right away, because I will still be able to play with my friends. Okay thanks Render.
PS4/PS3 cross play implies there can't be any differences in gameplay, if you needed further clarification.

Reactions: Jet Set Dizzy
It's just for PS4 and Vita, right? Would this mean even if you could release 2nd Encore content outside of those consoles, PS3 and 360 couldn't get it because they've hit some sort of DLC limit? I thought that was one of the smaller factors for not having anymore DLC characters. Just curious!

I have a question about one of Robo Fortune lines.
Is her voice supposed to get deep and scary whenever she beats Peacock?That just happened to me a few minutes ago in arcade mode.And I have no idea if it's intentional or not.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

It's just for PS4 and Vita, right? Would this mean even if you could release 2nd Encore content outside of those consoles, PS3 and 360 couldn't get it because they've hit some sort of DLC limit?
No, that's not related at all...that's not even a thing. There's limit on stuff like that, only a limit on number of free things vs paid things on XBox.
But (business strategy ahead) the extra stuff is included to encourage you to buy the new console versions, so it won't get put into the old console versions cuz that doesn't give any incentive to buy the new one. Y'see?

No, that's not related at all...that's not even a thing. There's limit on stuff like that, only a limit on number of free things vs paid things on XBox.
But (business strategy ahead) the extra stuff is included to encourage you to buy the new console versions, so it won't get put into the old console versions cuz that doesn't give any incentive to buy the new one. Y'see?

Sounds good to me, besides that would extend / would give fresh air to SG in " new consoles generation", and if you guys gets paids for it, SGC gonna support with the same royalty of IGG, im pretty sure for it!

So, is that full announcement today going to be today?

Actually kinda worried a bit since I play on my PC. I mean I bought it on PS3 day-one, but when the IGG campaign started, I backed that and jumped ship to Steam and never looked back. Sort of worried that these new updates won't come to PC since it seems like you guys are locked into an exclusive deal with Sony.

Actually kinda worried a bit since I play on my PC. I mean I bought it on PS3 day-one, but when the IGG campaign started, I backed that and jumped ship to Steam and never looked back. Sort of worried that these new updates won't come to PC since it seems like you guys are locked into an exclusive deal with Sony.
Oh well? Not really sure what else to say there...

Oh well? Not really sure what else to say there...
It was fun while it lasted, I guess.

Wow, just heard about this news in another thread and I'm ecstatic for you guys! Things are coming together beautifully and there's more on the horizon! I cannot wait to see all this. I'm clutching my wallet and waiting to hurl it at your banks. (Though that may be illegal...I can always claim wallet chucking is a Canadian custom of excitement.)

Reactions: Denizen
It was fun while it lasted, I guess.
Well I mean like...PC gets everything IGG related, all gameplay, etc. And if it is possible for us to release the rest of the PS4/Vita stuff for PC, we'll do it (as paid DLC), because that's not a competing console. So like I said, not sure what to even say to you. You got a lot of free stuff...?

Well I mean like...PC gets everything IGG related, all gameplay, etc. And if it is possible for us to release the rest of the PS4/Vita stuff for PC, we'll do it (as paid DLC), because that's not a competing console. So like I said, not sure what to even say to you. You got a lot of free stuff...?
Oh, I'm not upset or anything, I was just worried that the content would end up not coming to PC.

If it comes to PC, cool. If not, it was fun while it lasted. I'm aware that licensing stuff like this is hairy, and you guys being able to stay afloat isn't exactly the easiest thing. I'm not like... expecting damage control or anything, this is understandable.

There he is again!
How does he do it!?
nDEItcb.png

he's a witch

And he's invulnerable from 4f of startup to 8f of recovery.

Oh, I'm not upset or anything, I was just worried that the content would end up not coming to PC.

If it comes to PC, cool. If not, it was fun while it lasted. I'm aware that licensing stuff like this is hairy, and you guys being able to stay afloat isn't exactly the easiest thing. I'm not like... expecting damage control or anything, this is understandable.
Nothing's happening to the PC version of the game, you don't have to quit the PC version of the game just because the PS4/Vita version is getting (non-multiplayer) content that the PC version isn't.

Aaaand there's still a possibility we could get these features on PC too, so yeah.

c1Ic8hH.png

Go tiny or go home
Except now Mike is voicing Lorenzo, the character who yells a lot.
Dream = crushed

Well, I was planning on getting a ps4 sometime anyways. Probably be buying a physical copy for a system I don't have.

Sadly I have no plans or funds to ever buy a PS4 or Vita but I know friends with them who wanna buy it on them... Well Vita at least.

Here's hoping it eventually comes to PC, Ill buy it several times over if it means getting it for my friends who actually play the game with me often enough!

Dreamcast, PS2, and PSP are the only non Nintendo consoles Ive ever owned. ( I dont count PC for that )