• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

That was only on devkits so far iirc, so ceotaku people got to try it maybe.

Is there some possible way to turn a match replay into a training mode replay so you can try and correct what you did wrong in the match? Redo specific scenarios.

Don't let Peacock have the option to teleport after bomb on block. Example: s.HP > H LnL cover me Porkins > LK George > LK teleport oh hi I'm full screen again

That was only on devkits so far iirc, so ceotaku people got to try it maybe.

o i was thinking of holding item drop nvm my baaad

Don't let Peacock have the option to teleport after bomb on block. Example: s.HP > H LnL cover me Porkins > LK George > LK teleport oh hi I'm full screen again
First off this is a pretty bad zoning pattern because they can just jump over everything. But anyways I don't think it's a big deal. You can just let her keep doing this until she's in the corner and then she has nowhere to go.

I might be very late to this party, but i have something i need to get off my chest.

I miss the old Peacock L. Teleport. Having it be her punch in tag move contributed fairly as a cool high risk/high reward move that absolutely fit her character.

The current L. Teleport is way too generous to peacock. Yes shes giving up space, but the move allows players to be reckless with their zoning which isnt what peacock is about
Getting free backwards movement off of bombs is absolutely strong for her neutral, and getting into position with peacock has never been as easy as this.

Infact, the L. Teleport still is creating its own niche as jump -> j.jp -> aerial backdash -> j.hk is still a strong barrier that can catch jumpers and create an avery barrier that disrupts rushdown.

As for why i thought Tag in Punch L. Teleport was good.
Besides my own personal opinion that this move was a lot of fun and fit peacock characters, im going to give my own experience with this move

Tag in Punch. Lteleport was a decent reversal, calling it during assists was able to trick people to get caught by it by punishing my assists.
I even incorporated it into a OTGless BNB, to paint a picture for it

Confirm into squigly Drag N Bite, during Drag n bite call and charge medium item drop. Than after drag n bite

Jump in, j.mk. j.hk, jump, j.lk, j.hk, Run under during the avery hits and do l.teleport, and let level 3 item drop hit. l.Teleport punch in would hit them during the groundbounce higher up, saving OTG, and creating an awesome looking and viable combo.

But I understand the power of L.Teleport currently, and how it helps peacock players. Although many of us are sad we cant have a fake l.teleport version of it, i have a different suggestion, and that is to get rid of m.teleport from peacock arsenal.

Medium teleport has always been a bit of a wonky move, as it doesnt benefit her neutral, and can put her in very awkward positions, A risky reversal fits her playstyle moreso than putting yourself ( a zoner ) right up in the opponents face, letting them punish you aswell. Rushdown peacocks know its much safe to charge M. Item drop and go in with 1 or 2 bombs than ever using m.teleport.

Now, and i will say this with passion. The old light teleport was peacocks BEST assist (For my team)

My team is Peacock Point, Robo Second, and Squigly anchor, and just during combos, that assist provided for awesome confirms and setups.

Squigly silver chord -> Old L.teleport assist would knock them into the air, and upon them coming down, squigly could do the first hit of s.mp -> cancel and get a free mixup.
Robo s.hp pulls the opponent in, and she can get a reliable confirm off of old l.teleport, even not wasting the launcher from her combo chains.

I know im ranting, but i miss the old teleport and would literally give up all the tools peacock has gained in beta to have it back.

#Haulthemeatwagon #Give back old l.teleport

I prefer the current M teleport. It's useful for certain conversions, like if a Lenny explosion hits and is going to knock them into the corner.

RE: peacock stuffs
I was playing matches with a peacock in person and they were pulling me out of the corner with H teleport from full screen with Bomb toss + assist. I don't think she should be able to have a free left/right with the opponent in the corner like that off of bomb itself. That's stupid strong and it ends up in almost the same situation as item drop + teleport except now if you try to punish her for teleporting at you have an assist and a bomb that will give her a free CH (it's a special starter CH but meh you can still get lots of damage). Anyone else having issues with this?

TL;DR shades of CP Kokonoe except at fullscreen

[edit] I've noticed whenever you do a normal and cancel it into a special in training mode you get the startup of the normal with the recovery of the special. And that if you do the special by itself mostly projectiles iirc you don't get the startup/recovery you get just a number (assuming that's how long the move takes in total) is there a way to change this so that it says the startup of the specials as well. I know it does this for some of them. Is there a specific reason why not all of them?

Last edited:
[edit] I've noticed whenever you do a normal and cancel it into a special in training mode you get the startup of the normal with the recovery of the special. And that if you do the special by itself mostly projectiles iirc you don't get the startup/recovery you get just a number (assuming that's how long the move takes in total) is there a way to change this so that it says the startup of the specials as well. I know it does this for some of them. Is there a specific reason why not all of them?
training mode shows the startup of whatever move you use to start a chain iirc

training mode shows the startup of whatever move you use to start a chain iirc
ah well it would still be nice to see the startup of certain specials and not the number in total if you start a chain with them, instead having to count the tiny squares. like the other specials.

you can do it in third strike
I know, and it's really counter intuitive. You can parry s/cLP and some crouching moves both ways, but standing mids you can only parry high.
iirc Mike said when they release BB that it was different on purpose. I think it just makes more sense, lows you low-parry, everything else you high-parry.

Guess parry on wakeup would become too safe if every mid hitting move was down parriable was the reasoning I'd heard.

Then again BB can be mixed up by everyone by rising overhead which is high parry only vs low which is low parry only.

Reactions: Rabbleflaggers
It was nice to have you in Harajuku gathering, MikeZ!

Keyboard players in JPN are eager for a feature to recognize 2 keyboards distinctively in offline matches, to play with other keyboard players (such like, arrows and attack buttons on each 2 keyboards working seperately).

This is what MikeZ told me in Harajuku, which was possible on Mac/Linux with certain modifications, right?
They are happy to bring their Ubuntu setups to such gatherings if this happens.

I also told them about HitBOX, but it's not sold in JPN so far. It could still be imported though.
Plus, these 2 have different mappings. Keyboards require right hands for arrows, and left hands for attacks in default.

*EDIT: Corrected errors .

Last edited:
Have their been any new changes since the last steam update? Anything shown off on Salty or whatever?

Reactions: softie
Have their been any new changes since the last steam update? Anything shown off on Salty or whatever?
Mike has been in Japan the past couple weeks, nothing new yet.

GGs btw, my frustration got to me from the headbutts. You got me mind-gamed

Reactions: Zidiane
Okay. Hopefully there's new stuff soon.

And GGs. Getting points is fun!

Can Fortune's taunt not sound uncute? Please use the sound from 2LP.

Also would it hurt to have death crawl not be so tiny? It's a pain to dhc to death crawl because you can sometimes completely whiff it and you die for it and that isn't cool.

New build!

Button combos for intros aren't documented, so we gotta figure 'em out ourselves I guess.

Parasoul: LK = bow, MP = helicopter, HP = old (egrets)
Valentine: LK = flips, MP = kite, HP = old (screen)

I assume it's the same buttons for everyone else, but I'm too lazy to keep going through and cataloging which are which. Also IDK if you can still force intros after holding buttons to switch order offline.

Last edited:
Did people have trouble telling what level of hype Beowulf was at before? I never had that issue. I'm not really a fan of the change but it doesn't bother me, I'm sure it will get smoothed out.

Also, love the Big Band drop in and Eliza blood pool intros.

Did people have trouble telling what level of hype Beowulf was at before? I never had that issue. I'm not really a fan of the change but it doesn't bother me, I'm sure it will get smoothed out.

Also, love the Big Band drop in and Eliza blood pool intros.
Please read. it will be. It is also intended for what is to come.

Regarding Beo, Killa instead of Wulfdog from Ensemble grapples is great.

The lack of confetti from mic drop is a bit disappointing, though.

Please read.
I did read, I was referring to the fact it changed in general, not that the effects themselves looked bad.

New Road Roller for people who want to see

With the first pause, the Peacock player has enough time to react with mashing Teleport and get the convert much easier now. Also from what we tried to test, it seems to have some hitstop on it to make it difficult for the opponent to actually react? (Not properly tested cause the setup to test that is more difficult + it's midnight here for me). It is a super freeze that, like the road roller punching itself, can be skipped with Skipping Super Freezes.

Dang, sad to hear about the Bella reflect thing against Beo's chair. I loved reflecting on reaction to chair assist.
Shame about losing the teleport thing with bombs and not sure how I feel about the c.hk thing, I feel like it's going to hurt me at times when I accidentally hold the button a bit too long or something. The road roller is definitely a good change as it was very wonky to combo off of and tended to actually mess up combos that had a level 3 item drop in it. Also see the item drop scaling is staying, I mean losing 1 K off conversions off what is Peacock's best/main mixup and combo starting tool sucks but I'm just more sad about the fact that the buffs that warranted the nerf are gone yet this thing is still here. She already lost a bit of damage, still think this isn't necessary.

Edit: Eww, this new change to burstable hits doing 50% less damage actually hurts Peacock's damage even more by about an extra 300 since Argus - item drop hit was a common way to end things. The item hit does 288 instead of 577 now.

Last edited:
There wasn't much need to pay attention before. Upcoming hype changes will make it important, since he'll be actively spending hype on things.

Also, Linux is getting version mismatches, build number is 14735 vs 14745 on Windows. Rip me.

Last edited:
- Burstable hits now are scaled by an extra 50%, and this can go below the minimum scaling. Attempting to fix the “do a long combo ending with one final large hit that would be burstable, except it kills them” thing. Now maybe it won’t kill them. If this isn’t effective enough, we can try 75%! :^)

rip flatliner DHC bella lv3 pummel horse battlebutt

Reactions: softie and gllt
rip flatliner DHC bella lv3 pummel horse battlebutt

As someone who also did this, it was dumb and a little damage shaved off it is fine, especially since she's airborne and armored vs alpha counters and armors the burst hit too. :P

Reactions: softie and JDbbx
deathcrawl_except_good.png

all I want for deathcrawl to actually manage to hit on dhc. If it means putting pw closer on dhc so that she actually hits them first like most other characters can I'm fine with that it doesn't have to be a hitbox change like in the image.

As someone who also did this, it was dumb and a little damage shaved off it is fine, especially since she's airborne and armored vs alpha counters and armors the burst hit too. :P

well I mean I'd only ever really do it to kill but the safe burst does give you some crazy mixups + difficult to AC + if they burst too late it's an actual burst bait etc etc

i'll check if it messes up the TOD later (it most probably does)

Reactions: softie and gllt
Sheeeeesh, all these changes man. What happened to "This is your Skullgirls." a few months ago? I uninstalled the beta because i thought it was redundant but now i have no idea what's going on. Is this all because of SG Mobile? At least i have a motivation to practice some more when all this business goes live.

Alwso remind me not to post at 3am

deathcrawl_except_good.png

all I want for deathcrawl to actually manage to hit on dhc. If it means putting pw closer on dhc so that she actually hits them first like most other characters can I'm fine with that it doesn't have to be a hitbox change like in the image.
Seconding this; having to dhc right after double car hits instead of letting all of them go can lead to not killing the character, or leaving painwheel open for a counter hit.

New Road Roller...seems to have some hitstop on it to make it difficult for the opponent to actually react? (Not properly tested cause the setup to test that is more difficult + it's midnight here for me).
The opponent can react to it. The napalm pillar in this video was input after the superflash ended, but I closed the game after recording it and there's no way I'm going to do another 100 level 3 item drops just to get another steamroller so I can turn on player 2 input display:

Last edited:
great... perfect.

in my eyes this looks so weird. I'm not sure how it felt. How did it feel to do pillar to avoid Roller, Mr. Peck?

great... perfect.

in my eyes this looks so weird. I'm not sure how it felt. How did it feel to do pillar to avoid Roller, Mr. Peck?
I don't really understand the question. It felt like when you used to be able to DP through your opponents' supers post-flash in SDE, I guess? I kinda sorta semi-like what this change does for steamroller during zoning and hate what it does to level 3 M item mixups, but Mike already knows how I feel about it.

edit: Just to be clear, I don't want it to look like I'm against the idea of giving Peacock's opponents a way to anticipate steamroller in general, so they no longer have a 5% chance of eating a counterhit roller due to RNG when they try to armor or reflect a level 3 item. I think removing that problem is a great thing.

Last edited: