• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Audio Skullgirls Character Themes

Willjers

The #1 Squigly Fanboy. 1V1 me, boy-o.
Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068440057
PSN
Willjers
Squigly Valentine Ms. Fortune
The songs in the Skullgirls can often be related to one character as their theme, but there has been controversy over who's is who's, so I feel like we should clear that up. Often, they are associated with that character's stage, but that can sometimes be debatable
A (*) symbol means that this particular character's song is controversial or unknown by me, if it's not there, it means I'm fairly certain about that one. Feel free to correct me or discuss it below.
A (**) symbol means that I have no clue, and that's my best guess. Again, voice your opinions below. They would be much appreciated.
Big thanks to Aethereal Angel for posting much of the ost on youtube, and EX Shikuru for posting the rest.

Filia: Moonlit Melee OR The Lives we Left Behind (*)
OR

Cerebella: The Seat of Power (*)

Parasoul: In Rapid Sucession (**)

Ms. Fortune: The Fish Man's Dance

Peacock: Shenanigans and Goings-Ons OR Paved With Good Intentions (*)
OR

Painwheel: Forgotten Moments (**)

Valentine: The Lives We Tried to Reclaim OR Paved With Good Intentions (*)
OR

Double: Dirge of the Divine Trinity

Squigly: Royal Canopy Waltz OR Clear Breeze (*)
OR

Big Band: Under the Bridge

Fukua: The Dreams We Left Behind

Eliza: An Oasis in Time

Beowulf: TBD

Robo-Fortune: TBD

I generally go with "whatever was playing during the character's trailer is his/her theme". As is, in all cases it is the background music of a stage there has special meaning for the character in question.

With two pairs of characters, a different fragment (with a different tone) of the tune was played during their trailer. For example, Paved with Good Intentions - as I see it - rather than being specifically Peacock's or specifically Valentine's theme, is a piece that jumps back and forth between Peacock and Valentine. Similarly Dirge of the Divine Trinity and Parasoul-Double.

This also goes well with the associated stages (Lab 8 and the Cathedral) having two very different versions, fitting better one character or the other.

I generally go with "whatever was playing during the character's trailer is his/her theme". As is, in all cases it is the background music of a stage there has special meaning for the character in question.

With two pairs of characters, a different fragment (with a different tone) of the tune was played during their trailer. For example, Paved with Good Intentions - as I see it - rather than being specifically Peacock's or specifically Valentine's theme, is a piece that jumps back and forth between Peacock and Valentine. Similarly Dirge of the Divine Trinity and Parasoul-Double.

This also goes well with the associated stages (Lab 8 and the Cathedral) having two very different versions, fitting better one character or the other.
Hmmm... I didn't even think of that.

Honestly, this could go for Annie, Umbrella, Marie, Dahlia, any of those girls and guys who didn't make it.

Except for the fish people.

Filia: Moonlight Melee
Cerebella: Seat of Power OR Where Money Flows Like Water (She's been seen there ever since it opened up, and is Medici owned.)
Parasoul: In Rapid Succession OR the snippet of Dirge of the Divine Trinity OR Canopy Waltz (It is her place)
Fortune: (obvious)
Peacock: Shenanigans and Going-Ons
Painwheel: The Lives we Left Behind AND The Lives We Tried To Reclaim
Valentine: Anti-Skullgirl Labs
Double: Dirge of the Divine Trinity OR Chamber Below (when her true form is revealed)
Squiggly: Clear Breeze OR Destiny in Her Hands (Reprise)
Big Band: (Obvious)
Eliza: An Oasis In Time OR Chamber Below (She went full Theon form here, could be a song for Sekhemt, despite it fitting Double better)

Beowulf (Temp):

Robo-Fortune (Temp):

8efbV9c.png