• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Comics

What kind of comic should I do?

• Original Skullgirls

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Parody

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Annie

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaname-madoki

Thunderbolt
Reaction score
Peacock Peacock Peacock
Hi guys.I was thinking on doing a skullgirls comic,but I have ideas for an original skullgirls story and also for a parody.Chose what ya think is the best.

I go with original, mainly because theres so much parody already. it'd be nice to see a change of pace, but thats just my opinion.

yeah,just to let it clear,with "original" i mean my own skullgirls character story.Sorry for,maybe,a double meaning here.

I'll always be one to support hearing about original characters, but I like original characters (Which I know isn't the case for everyone). Seriously, though, I do like being told a story, and Skullgirls is already rife with humor inside and outside the community. So yeah.

Where's the Annie option?

sup,guys!i was thinking in putting an Annie option.But i don't have much ideas.What ya guys think?

Being uninspired is an excellent way to have your comic stall, then crash, then burn. To be avoided in general.

If you don't have ideas for Annie, then don't write for Annie. It's as simple as that.

Being uninspired is an excellent way to have your comic stall, then crash, then burn. To be avoided in general.

If you don't have ideas for Annie, then don't write for Annie. It's as simple as that.
Yeah i tought that.But then a wild idea apeared and I started moving on.

annie.png

Darn-damn it!I started the comics but,hell,now there are ideas for 2 original characters!!Should I make another questionaire??

Reactions: DDB
Nah, that's not necessary. If you write well enough, you can probably incorporate both of them into the same comic/story. I don't really see what's stopping you from doing so.

Darn-damn it!I started the comics but,hell,now there are ideas for 2 original characters!!Should I make another questionaire??
make them filler characters
like with the archie megaman comic and the emerald spear guys

Yeup!So we have a vampire and her evil little sister and a lab 6 project.Who should be the protagonist?I'll maybe include the other in the story as a second character,depending in what you pick.Oh,and detail:My english can be very bad

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you decided to make your character a subject of Lab 6? Lab 6 is one of the couple of labs that Alex couldn't remember specifically what their research purposes were (it's either Theonite application research or vehicle development, but Alex couldn't remember which).

Also if you aren't confident about your English, maybe get a friend to proofread them?

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you decided to make your character a subject of Lab 6? Lab 6 is one of the couple of labs that Alex couldn't remember specifically what their research purposes were (it's either Theonite application research or vehicle development, but Alex couldn't remember which).
that's why you do it. So little information you can just say whatever and don't need to worry about canon. And when canon info shows up just use alternate universe excuse

that's why you do it. So little information you can just say whatever and don't need to worry about canon. And when canon info shows up just use alternate universe excuse
Well, I see your point there, but idk. Writing something that could potentially conflict with established canon could make the story less "believable" and might be seen as lazy research. I don't actually read fanfics though so what do I know. :P

Well, I see your point there, but idk. Writing something that could potentially conflict with established canon could make the story less "believable" and might be seen as lazy research. I don't actually read fanfics though so what do I know. :P
well in the end the writer is the one who got to live with it so as long as it make Kaname here happy just kick back and watch what happens next

As someone engaged in writing a fanfiction myself, you have to be unafraid to make conjectures while writing. If you encounter insufficient amounts of research, make the choice that lets you write the story better. Employ your creative freedom—that's why you have it! Even if you turn out to have made the wrong conjecture, you can shrug it off and say "Oh well, I didn't know, and I/others (Hopefully) like my story enough to make it worth continuing".

well in the end the writer is the one who got to live with it so as long as it make Kaname here happy just kick back and watch what happens next
Completely agreed. The reason I asked was because I was wondering if he just picked Lab 6 at random because he likes the number, or if he's looked at each of the lab's functions and thought about which one would fit his character best. If he's already aware of that and he's got some specific plan for Lab 6, that's great, but if he hasn't, maybe he will want to take a look at the canon info for research.

Well I never wrote a fanfic or anything similar,I just start drawing the story in the paper so i just wanted to put one of the stories here.But this about Lab 6 I didn't know.

So I have the story and the character.I'm out of paper.I'll start when i have paper.Very soon.

I'm sorry but the conversation is still active?