• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Encore Edition Tiers and Matchups Discussion Thread: The Revengeance

Hell some of the squigly players don't use sing 1 for positioning. its helpful.

Unsung hero of the peacock matchup.
(pun intended)

Doesn't have a great ability to approach

I think this is a really common misconception about the character. On top of having one of the best jump ins/air to air tools and sing, she has the highest double jump height in the game. I never felt the problem was getting in as much as it was staying in (I guess you could say these are the same thing).

I know nothing about the guy. If I'm wrong about yaya and fuzzy is better, I apologize. No disrespect intended

(Goes to find some fuzzy vids... Somewhere)
Fuzzy doesn't travel as much and the only footage of him is like last year's ufgt and all the kansas city locals, so it's not surprising if you haven't heard of him! I think his vortex game on the character is ABSURD.

i cant believe peacock is going to be left this good when development ends. fullscreen endless lovedart blockstring that you can only PBGC superjump, zoning that prevents you from punishing assists without getting tagged, effortless meter building, tons of easy runaway tools, solid reversal options, imo the best level 1 super in the game; even her rushdown is good why does she have so many tools

am i just missing something why is a character allowed to be so low risk and so high reward why is no one talking about this hjapohidapo[shifdaghidfasdfasoh[idgfasoh[igfaoh[i

I don't really care if it was in marvel 2, I don't like any of the marvel games. I realize skullgirls is a homage but does it really need all to copy the bad parts too?

Reactions: Cheesedragon
kinda on both sides with this. Peacocks been a problem since day one and could use a (slight) nerf but SG was designed to be similar to MvC2 so it makes since. Peacock just takes a lot of experience to play against and most bad peacocks are pretty, well, cocky when it comes to the zoning and are easy to punish, the good ones tend to know how to zone and do rushdown.

Last edited:
I've already seen it and I think being restricted to a single option because of love dart assist is BS. Just because it's technically possible to deal with doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed.

i cant believe peacock is going to be left this good when development ends. fullscreen endless lovedart blockstring that you can only PBGC superjump, zoning that prevents you from punishing assists without getting tagged, effortless meter building, tons of easy runaway tools, solid reversal options, imo the best level 1 super in the game; even her rushdown is good why does she have so many tools

am i just missing something why is a character allowed to be so low risk and so high reward why is no one talking about this hjapohidapo[shifdaghidfasdfasoh[idgfasoh[igfaoh[i

I agree with this but only on one aspect:

I feel like peacocks M item release at the very least needs a nerf of "some" kind.

My dartboard gut reaction is to make m item release have an animation that can be hit. As it is now, peacock can a bit to easily just get an m item then blindly rush towards certain characters and the re isn't much they can do to stop her. You can air throw her if she jumps and tries to release the item while close to you. Which gives you scaled starter. Or she can predict that and release the lvl 2 item and CH your air throw attempt and get a full combo on you.

If she didn't have awesome keepaway then this might not be a problem. But with great keepaway having an approach mixup this solid and safe while high damage, seems out of place.

It's just dartboard shit man. Mike is smart enough to know when to listen to me (1% of the time) and not to (99% of the time)

And if by some chance he DID listen to me, then it means that i was more than likely correct.

I figure the chances of the change I suggested or some version thereof being implemented are less than 1 in 10000.

There isn't enough time to test this out and the lab is busy doing other things.

Calm thyself and go win another tournament, sir

:)

I'm sure mike will love to dig through that and the other 9999 suggestions

oh the fire rises.

The next, like 10 posts are going to be great.

"It's okay to post useless suggestions that don't matter because I know I'm wrong"

I don't remember saying that I know I'm wrong. I said that I know that the chances of the change going through are very abysmal because mike won't listen to me on that point AND because there's no time even if I were to be listened to.

Every other character feels good I don't think anyone else should be changed, but peacock is still too much. I don't think there are any other characters that have a blockstring like her lovedart assist. By herself her zoning is more than reasonable but she's got crazy synergy with keep-away assists, and robo fortune is going to add onto that even more...

Fuck it, we all know mike is just going to do what he wants anyway, I shouldn't have posted.

Sometimes it's better to ask for more help rather than changes.

are there any other infinite blockstrings I should know about?

Really, the lovedart shit is the last issue about Peacock
Means the opponent picked a crappy assist that does nothing aside from one fullscreen autopilot pattern which is easily avoidable

I think Peacock is too good, Mike doesn't, shit happens
Deal with it, pick her yourself, or quit - like what you would do in literally every other game ever
We are all a bit too spoiled with the Buff/Nerf requests

She certainly isn't unbeatable by any means and utmost likely closer to the 'bad' SG characters
than the respective top tier is to the bottom tier of .. literally every other FG ever!
I would be quite curious why you think she is notably more insane than, say Eliza, though..

P.S. No, I don't think Peacock works too well with Robo at all

There are no infinite blockstrings in Skullgirls thanks to PBGC.
Except with TK Toss of course mhh mhh cough cough 8[

Last edited:
Reactions: Dime
Well that level 3 damage is still pretty crazy. But I guess I can't talk since I main the character with the most damaging level 3 in the game........... LOL

Reactions: dekillsage
If you block eliza right you can punish her, she still has to take risks. You can also punish an eliza players assists if they blindly throw them out, which you cant do against a peacock. Peacock doesn't take any risks, which I would be ok with if she didn't also have tons of mixup potential and ridiculously efficient meter gain and usage.

You asked, there it is. Sorry if it's scrubby.

P.S. No, I don't think Peacock works too well with Robo at all

How come?

I can't believe there are people who will say that Peacock is too good and then not pick Peacock this community is ridiculous

"Peacock is too strong!"

*Peacock #1 on tier list*

*only 3-4 players pick Peacock and get Top 8 results*

Compared to

*Cerebella #3 on tier list*

*bella played by literally everyone, more often than not you have trouble finding a Top 8 without Multiple Bella's than any other character*

Not that I don't think usage is tied to how broken a character is, but you'd think if the complaining matched character usage from the upper tier characters, more people would complain about Bella than Peacock.

At least when people complained about Fukua, that was during times when Fukua was getting picked up by everybody, which isn't the same case nowadays.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I can't believe there are people who will say that Peacock is too good and then not pick Peacock this community is ridiculous

Regardless of relative strength/position on tier lists, you can't really say "if this character is so broken why don't you just play it". I think one of the big draws of SG is that the game is balanced enough that every character is good enough to be competitively viable, so people CAN play the characters they enjoy most rather than just whatever's top tier. Not everyone likes fireballs (even if they can eat it)

Is there anyone who can't deal with peacock anymore? I mean, it's not necessarily a good matchup, but it feels like everyone has ways to get in on her. Even parasoul has better options now that sniper's been buffed.

Regardless of relative strength/position on tier lists, you can't really say "if this character is so broken why don't you just play it". I think one of the big draws of SG is that the game is balanced enough that every character is good enough to be competitively viable, so people CAN play the characters they enjoy most rather than just whatever's top tier. Not everyone likes fireballs (even if they can eat it)
Don't think that's what he meant.

I think he meant too many people complain about Peacock and then do not experience the character.

Reactions: Wenzel
Well I mean which is it? Is the game balanced or is Peacock too good? You can't have both.

Well I mean which is it? Is the game balanced or is Peacock too good? You can't have both.

Fair enough, I mean I don't think Peacock is "too good" but in any fighting game no matter how balanced some character is gonna be the best, that's just how it goes, and IMO Peacock is the best character in SG, doesn't mean I'm gonna play her though because I don't enjoy playing her, is what I was trying to say I guess.

*bella played by literally everyone, more often than not you have trouble finding a Top 8 without Multiple Bella's than any other character*

I think part of this also is that if you play peacock just due to the nature of the character, peacock players will almost always run peacock point and build a team around her because she plays very differently from the rest of the cast. Whereas bella can go with pretty much any team at any position and be fine because she has great assists for basically any playstyle and is fine on point as well.

Tl;dr

Peacock makes you come to her on her terms if played correctly. She avoids the risk of most close quarter spaces and she controls the neutral real well. Thats cool. Does she gain meter for existing and still dealing out specials. Whiffed or not. If she gets hit you still gain meter anyhow. And with how undizzy is set up you have to choose how to reset(air mainly) and when to reset to make sure you have enough undizzy to dhc or w.e to kill peacock. But with resets you give chances albeit a shitty situation for peacock so w.e.

To no one in particular. You need to kill peacock asap.

Not 15 seconds into the match. Luckily the whole cast can do it(some easier than others).

Now for the main topic of why not pick peacock?

I never liked the archetype of the character. I want to actually be rushdown and fuck you up. I like having cool buttons to press and also like having tools to make reads on the one area i wanted the opponent to go. tis the reason i picked fukua and parasoul up. But who gives a shit about what my playstyle is. Point is, some people dont pick up peacock because they dont like the character's playstyle at all and thats cool.

Also bella is easier more versatile in the assist and position on a team than any other character. Only reason she's anchor on most teams is because there are better points in place and the mid has a safe dhc or allows combo ability like soul/filia/bella.

also no point in crying about peacock. The gameplay balance is finished right? Just find ways to kill her faster

Fair enough, I mean I don't think Peacock is "too good" but in any fighting game no matter how balanced some character is gonna be the best, that's just how it goes, and IMO Peacock is the best character in SG, doesn't mean I'm gonna play her though because I don't enjoy playing her, is what I was trying to say I guess.
I mean it doesn't sound like we disagree on anything, I think Peacock is the best character in a game where the tiers are pretty balanced and you can win with anyone. I guess I wasn't really clear on what I was saying before so I'll try again. It's fine if you think Peacock is good or top tier or whatever. I start objecting when people say things like she's too good or other characters have no options or whatever (which you were not saying but other people in the thread were). If you honestly think that then play the character, show me how easy it is.

Reactions: Sydoh and Pickles
So far the general consensus being peacock top tier and double bottom. Where does robo place in all of this in terms of initial placement? Havent fought any good robos i guess. They just die at my expense unless they put on hlnl. I dunno i would to know what you guys think.

Robo's felt pretty weak to me. I mean, not Dan tier by a long shot, but everyone i've played against that uses robo hasn't been a difficult fight.

Honestly I'm still withholding judgment on robo for a while, people (at least that I talked to) seemed to think eliza was pretty average tier when she came out but obviously opinions have changed a lot since then, and as Mike said Robo doesn't play as much like a "skullgirls character" as the rest of the cast. She has so many cool tools though that I figure it's only a matter of time until someone figures her out and people realize she's not as bad as they thought.

That said, given that Mike also said that he would rather have her underpowered than overpowered since there was less time to tweak her, she probably will end up being not overly strong.

Robo still needs time to develop in the meta. Shes blasted through beta and only recently, i noticed, have more people picked her up. she could be good could be bad. She'll probably end up as a mid tier is my prediction.

That said, given that Mike also said that he would rather have her underpowered than overpowered since there was less time to tweak her, she probably will end up being not overly strong.
Glad to hear that he learned from Double.