• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Speculation

What if... Beowulf is a Human-Like Feral?

OK, I was just kidding. But who knows if Doctor Avian is a Bird-like human? Or maybe he's a Gigan? I wish I can see more men being human-like with animal traits or women being animal-like with human traits.
Actually Doctor Avian is an elf, like Taliesin. In the SkullGirls universe they are rare but other than that there isn't anything special about them. I think that info is in the Canon Info Thread. Also yes I do want to see more Human-like Male Ferals and more Animal-like Female Ferals.

Reactions: Undeadtoon
Re. Lamia: There was some discussion in the IRC about this earlier, and this seems like the most appropriate thread. Copying it here in case it's useful to anyone - couldn't be bothered sutting out all of the irrelevant stuff.
EDIT: See Cellsai's post below.

Last edited:
Re. Lamia: There was some discussion in the IRC about this earlier, and this seems like the most appropriate thread. Copying it here in case it's useful to anyone - couldn't be bothered sutting out all of the irrelevant stuff.
<BITTERBEE> http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?attachments/2013-11-04_00001-jpg.703/ So, is this new?
<BITTERBEE> As in, the name Lamia
<DDB> Lamia?
<DDB> The Mother's name is Lamia?
<BITTERBEE> Evidently. The name of the crown's owner is censored but who else could it be
<Sanger_Zonvolt> spoilers
<Sanger_Zonvolt> :x
<DDB> also the one on the right
<DDB> Sassy Double
<BITTERBEE> It's only spoilers if you have context to draw from! If there were a preexisting character named Lamia who happened to secretly be the Trinity's third member then yeah that'd be a spoiler
<BITTERBEE> This is just giving us the name of a character that was unnamed up until now
* BrandX_Out (~androirc@172.56.31.246) has joined
<BrandX_Out> Morns
<BITTERBEE> Yup
<Vadsamoht> fluxuate
<DDB> thinking of Annie
<BrandX_Out> Wut
<BrandX_Out> DDB: did you ever finish that kill la kill version of annie :p?
<DDB> Yeah
* EvaXephon (8e81d658@ircip2.mibbit.com) has joined
<DDB> http://doodleordie.com/c/u2EOR8o_Z
<Sanger_Zonvolt> neat
<BrandX_Out> Haha so thats what you meant by toned down
<BrandX_Out> Nice pic either way
<DDB> http://doodleordie.com/c/ERbiCIi_Z This is still my favorite
<Sanger_Zonvolt> That one gave me a good laugh.
<BrandX_Out> Lol
<BITTERBEE> Man, the art gallery is something. There's a tiny N64 cartridge with a blurry picture of Filia on it at the end of Double's story mode. Never would have saw that otherwise!
<BrandX_Out> So are the desyncs in current beta really that bad?
* c001357 has quit (Ping timeout: 360 seconds)
<Vadsamoht> There are tons of little things in that shot, BITTERBEE
* whitefury has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<BITTERBEE> BrandX_Out: Yes, they are. They're so bad that you are likely not even seeing the same fight that your opponent is.
<BrandX_Out> Damn. Hope he fixes them, i love me some vsav style rounds
* NeonEvaXephon (8e81d658@ircip4.mibbit.com) has joined
<Sanger_Zonvolt> I'm not sure how this site works, but you drew all these DDB?
* EvaXephon has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<DDB> Well
<DDB> I drew the ones with the name "DiddyBound" next to them
<Vadsamoht> If it's a picture of Annie, it was him
<BrandX_Out> Lol
<DDB> It's like, one person draws something, another describes it, someone draws that description, someone describes that
<BITTERBEE> Boobs high tension, should feel HEAVY. Spillage factor, high tension almost bursting out, cloth should be taut, almost vertical, except for the bottom part to make sure nipples covered.
<BITTERBEE> All of the bust descriptions on the model sheets are going into my copypasta folder
<BrandX_Out> Lol
<DDB> http://doodleordie.com/c/1h1ljNVAT8#1
* Dagwood has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<IsaVulpes> annie goes trick or treating dressed as annie?
<DDB> Of course!
<Vadsamoht> BITTERBEE: Also, I'm willing to bet that they censored the wrong word, and the crown belongs to Nancy.
<Vadsamoht> I just tested it in PS with the same size text, and Nancy fts the block just right
<BITTERBEE> Looks like we don't need to wait for Skullgirls 3 for the BIG SPOILERS
<Vadsamoht> And it does look pretty similar: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/images/1/11/SG_nancyconcept.jpg
<BITTERBEE> Whoa hey, you're right.
<DDB> http://doodleordie.com/c/5GMCcf0nT5#1 FINALLY A GAME I CAN GET BEHIND
<NeonEvaXephon> 9 playable annies!
<IsaVulpes> Vadsamoht: what u talking about
<Vadsamoht> IsaVulpes: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?attachments/2013-11-04_00001-jpg.703/
<DDB> Sagan is a good Annie
<BITTERBEE> IsaVulpes: They goofed and revealed the name of the third trinity member, I think.
<Duckator> Double is Parasoul's mom
<Duckator> Confirmed
<Vadsamoht> There's also a good chance that there's a reference to Lamia in that scene at the end of Double's store mode, so any pixel-hunters might want to take a shot at that
<DDB> I think people just figured Mother was the third trinity.
<IsaVulpes> BITTERBEE: They mistyped Krieg as Kreig, that's way worse
<DDB> Wait
<DDB> DOUBLE'S STORE MODE
<Vadsamoht> yes, you can buy stuff
<DDB> SET UP SHOP, DOUBLE ALL THE PRICES
<DDB> IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, I'LL GLADLY ACCEPT YOUR TITHES... IN BLOOD.
<DDB> And then she chases you with catheads
<Vadsamoht> lol
<NeonEvaXephon> Y'know, "Mother" sounds like it would be a figure above the other figures. Like Mother created Aeon, Venus, and Lamia, who are the Trinity, and Mother is a third part above it all.
<NeonEvaXephon> *third party
<DDB> When's Lamia
<NeonEvaXephon> I just want Eliza
<NeonEvaXephon> I will gladly sacrifice 9 or more Annies for 1 Eliza
<BITTERBEE> http://i.imgur.com/EDdOCRV.jpg Unmasked Painwheel better be in Skullgirls 2
<Vadsamoht> Actually, if you think about it, there is a good chance that Lamia IS Mother
<Vadsamoht> Considering her mythological background
<NeonEvaXephon> Oh?
<Vadsamoht> hang on
<Vadsamoht> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamia
<Vadsamoht> Also, the eye that you see in Double's story mode
<Vadsamoht> is likely her
<DDB> http://doodleordie.com/c/Eh-NC4M5BE#1 Sigh...
<Vadsamoht> (I knew that course in mythological symbology would pay off someday!)
<DDB> Why do I always have to remind myself that people who won't even play the game for more than a week fucking decided our next characters...
<BITTERBEE> STYLE NOTES IN GENERAL: Parasoul is the more sexy / mature character in the initial roster. There are older / sexier characters later on, but Parasoul is the more mature of the first set.
<NeonEvaXephon> I noticed that line
* Matty2 (~matty@n128-227-106-134.xlate.ufl.edu) has joined
<BITTERBEE> Just how old and sexy should I be prepared for? We've only seen the BEGINNING
<NeonEvaXephon> Alex has sequel casts planned out?
<NeonEvaXephon> Sexy stripper grandmas
<DDB> Obviously by older he means Annie.
<NeonEvaXephon> DentureGirls: Revenge of the Son of Skullgirls
<Vadsamoht> Eliza is pretty old
<NeonEvaXephon> Squiggly's technically older than the rest of the current cast, right?
<BITTERBEE> Squigly was 14 when she died, how long was she buried?
<DDB> 14
<BITTERBEE> So 28.
<DDB> One year older than Valentine
<BITTERBEE> Double is older than everyone though
<DDB> (And sexier)
<BITTERBEE> Ancient Cthulhu blob
<Vadsamoht> Someone should copy some of this stuff down, it could be useful later
<BITTERBEE> It's all in the fart gallery/in my head, don't worry about it Vad!
<BITTERBEE> Also the masked trenchcoat egrets look so coooool
<BITTERBEE> They remind me of Big Band.
<NeonEvaXephon> If Skullgirls 2 never happens, will we simply never find out the answers to the deep lore questions? :/
<BITTERBEE> It will probably maybe happen??
<DDB> Soon, Annie... It'll be our time soon...
<BITTERBEE> Lab Zero has no less than 3 publishers interested in their game ATM
<DDB> We'll show the nonbelievers.
<DDB> How wrong they were.
<NeonEvaXephon> But if, IF a sequel never happens...
<NeonEvaXephon> Then how will we ever find out the origins of the living weapons / parasites / etc?
<DDB> There's one thing that worries me.
<BITTERBEE> NeonEvaXephon, even if publishers DON'T step up to bat after Robo-Fortune, I think Mike said that he wouldn't refuse a second IGG?
<NeonEvaXephon> Can we just e-mail Alex Ahad and he'll just tell us, since he knows there will be no sequel?
<DDB> Would the sequel still have Mike behind it?
<NeonEvaXephon> (after no-sequel confirmed)
<BITTERBEE> I doubt Alex would want to divulge anything about the future of Skullgirls unless the intellectual property ends up in the hands of someone who doesn't want Alex or Mike on the project anymore
<BrandX_Out> I missed a lot of convo
<BrandX_Out> Also parasoul is not sexy lol fucking stick thin pos
<NeonEvaXephon> If Skullgirls is Alex's baby, why would he ever let it become someone else's IP?
<BITTERBEE> Basically, unless Autumn pulls a huge dick move and explicitly forbids Lab Zero from working on Skullgirls, I doubt that the game's development will end after Robo-Fortune
* BrandX has quit (Ping timeout: 360 seconds)
<BrandX_Out> Noo i quit
<BrandX_Out> Lol
<BITTERBEE> NeonEvaXephon: Autumn Games owns Skullgirls' intellectual property.
<NeonEvaXephon> What's the chance of Autumn Games saying "fuck off Lab0, this is our property, you're not allowed to touch it anymore!"
<Vadsamoht> not huge, but not impossible, I guess
I think they're just censoring other copyrighted characters I think?
There's a lot more censorship in the other sheets, besides why would they censor Nancy or something?

I trimmed it down to the Lamia stuff below.

<BITTERBEE> http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?attachments/2013-11-04_00001-jpg.703/ So, is this new?
<BITTERBEE> As in, the name Lamia
<DDB> Lamia?
<DDB> The Mother's name is Lamia?
<BITTERBEE> Evidently. The name of the crown's owner is censored but who else could it be
<Sanger_Zonvolt> spoilers
<Sanger_Zonvolt> :x
<BITTERBEE> It's only spoilers if you have context to draw from! If there were a preexisting character named Lamia who happened to secretly be the Trinity's third member then yeah that'd be a spoiler
<BITTERBEE> This is just giving us the name of a character that was unnamed up until now
<Vadsamoht> BITTERBEE: Also, I'm willing to bet that they censored the wrong word, and the crown belongs to Nancy.
<Vadsamoht> I just tested it in PS with the same size text, and Nancy fts the block just right
<BITTERBEE> Looks like we don't need to wait for Skullgirls 3 for the BIG SPOILERS
<Vadsamoht> And it does look pretty similar: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/images/1/11/SG_nancyconcept.jpg
<BITTERBEE> Whoa hey, you're right.
<BITTERBEE> IsaVulpes: They goofed and revealed the name of the third trinity member, I think.
<Duckator> Double is Parasoul's mom
<Duckator> Confirmed
<Vadsamoht> There's also a good chance that there's a reference to Lamia in that scene at the end of Double's store mode, so any pixel-hunters might want to take a shot at that
<DDB> I think people just figured Mother was the third trinity.
<NeonEvaXephon> Y'know, "Mother" sounds like it would be a figure above the other figures. Like Mother created Aeon, Venus, and Lamia, who are the Trinity, and Mother is a third party above it all.
<Vadsamoht> Actually, if you think about it, there is a good chance that Lamia IS Mother
<Vadsamoht> Considering her mythological background
<NeonEvaXephon> Oh?
<Vadsamoht> hang on
<Vadsamoht> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamia
<Vadsamoht> Also, the eye that you see in Double's story mode
<Vadsamoht> could be her

Interesting idea with the mistake in censorship! Lamia was previously mentioned by Alex though. He kind of off-handily dropped the name at a Salty Cupcakes once I think. Probably by accident as there was no other info aside her(?) being part of the Trinity as far as I remember.

Any time I hear a new name in Skullgirls I google it because virtually everything has some sort of reference loaded into it. Highlights on Lamia include her children eating tendencies, often having a snake tail instead of legs and the ability to remove her eyes (which is strangely common in Skullgirls).

I think they're just censoring other copyrighted characters I think?
There's a lot more censorship in the other sheets, besides why would they censor Nancy or something?
They'd censor her name because if it's true it's a massive plot spoiler. Nancy was supposedly killed 7 years prior to the current plot in Skullgirls. If she's still alive she'd technically be the ruler of the Canopy Kingdom since King Renoir is AWOL and it'd throw Parasoul's (and Umbrella's) mission into question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vadsamoht
Interesting idea with the mistake in censorship! Lamia was previously mentioned by Alex though. He kind of off-handily dropped the name at a Salty Cupcakes once I think. Probably by accident as there was no other info aside her(?) being part of the Trinity as far as I remember.

Any time I hear a new name in Skullgirls I google it because virtually everything has some sort of reference loaded into it. Highlights on Lamia include her children eating tendencies, often having a snake tail instead of legs and the ability to remove her eyes (which is strangely common in Skullgirls).

They'd censor her name because if it's true it's a massive plot spoiler. Nancy was supposedly killed 7 years prior to the current plot in Skullgirls. If she's still alive she'd technically be the ruler of the Canopy Kingdom since King Renoir is AWOL and it'd throw Parasoul's (and Umbrella's) mission into question.

And Double mentions it, something like "Why have you forsaken me, Lamia?"

And the resebulance to Nancy isn't spoilerific what so ever, there's a silhouette of her right in Parasoul's story mode and the resemblances are uncanny, so why censor it?

I'm still on the "censoring copyrighted characters outside of skullgirls" boat.

And the resebulance to Nancy isn't spoilerific what so ever, there's a silhouette of her right in Parasoul's story mode and the resemblances are uncanny, so why censor it?
An uncanny resemblance means nothing - actually specifically naming someone means a lot more. Besides, Nancy's Skullgirl silhouette has those dangly spine parts on the lower tines, so it's not that uncanny.

Either way, I'm not convinced it's Nancy that's bleeped out. The third figure in the Trinity statue and stained glass windows also has that crown shape and presumably predate Nancy significantly. Nancy's pre-Skullheart art also shows her with a much smaller, more standard crown.

But this throws a bit of a wrench into the works. If Lamia is the third part of the Trinity - the one with the half skull face, five pronged crown and white robes - and that reference sheet mentions that Double is mimicing [censored]'s crown, then that means there are two characters wearing identical crowns. Does that mean that Lamia and [censored] are King and Queen in some form? Why else would they have identical crowns?

Or is Lamia totally separate from the Trinity and [censored] is Mother?

An uncanny resemblance means nothing - actually specifically naming someone means a lot more. Besides, Nancy's Skullgirl silhouette has those dangly spine parts on the lower tines, so it's not that uncanny.

Either way, I'm not convinced it's Nancy that's bleeped out. The third figure in the Trinity statue and stained glass windows also has that crown shape and presumably predate Nancy significantly. Nancy's pre-Skullheart art also shows her with a much smaller, more standard crown.

But this throws a bit of a wrench into the works. If Lamia is the third part of the Trinity - the one with the half skull face, five pronged crown and white robes - and that reference sheet mentions that Double is mimicing [censored]'s crown, then that means there are two characters wearing identical crowns. Does that mean that Lamia and [censored] are King and Queen in some form? Why else would they have identical crowns?

Or is Lamia totally separate from the Trinity and [censored] is Mother?

It would still take a moron to not see the similarities.

I wish we knew what the censored bitch was. ;n;

Maybe both names were Lamia and they somehow missed to censor it in one of the places.

As for the characteristic crown, Mother is pretty much confirmed to have it - we see it in Double's ending. Seems fairly reasonable to assume she is the oldest/original copyright holder for it. The reason Nancy had a similar crown post-transformation was most probably because the Trinity's power channeled through the Skullheart molds Skullgirls a bit with the visual traits, referring to Mother in this case, being a side effect.

I don't see a reason to assume Lamia isn't Mother at the moment. We already know the latter has an outline matching both the two-face statue and Double's head shape. Having a middleman that just happens to look very much like Mother without actually being Mother seems redundant.

Reactions: Comb
Maybe both names were Lamia and they somehow missed to censor it in one of the places.
I don't see a reason to assume Lamia isn't Mother at the moment. We already know the latter has an outline matching both the two-face statue and Double's head shape. Having a middleman that just happens to look very much like Mother without actually being Mother seems redundant.
Yep, this is pretty much my thoughts on it. Mistake on the censorship and they're both Lamia. It makes sense in the sentence and fits into the censor block.

Yep, this is pretty much my thoughts on it. Mistake on the censorship and they're both Lamia. It makes sense in the sentence and fits into the censor block.
Are we all in agreement then?

Ah, she still says Lamia too.

She in fact does, "She says Blessed are those who revere Lamia".

Alright let me give a crack at this

By technicality, Filia and Cerebella are related being Filia is related to one of the four Medici brothers and Cerebella was adopted by Vitale.

I believe Issac and Ms. Fortune are the two Black Dahlia couldn't kill. Issac can't free Scythana, because he's running from someone.

Samson isn't/wasn't ruthless,selfish or a bad parasite, he's just heart broken and distraught over something Delilah did to him or something that happened to her.

Parasites were much bigger than they are now, just time or lack of Theonite has withered them down.

Valentine and Parasoul were good friends, seems to be the only reason Parasoul takes everything Valentine does to heart ( Just listen to all her quotes towards Valentine), that or Parasoul doesn't take betrayers very well.

Aeon is gonna switch sides on The Trinity. Personally I can't see how The Trinity can lose I think Aeon, who has forseen this victory, is gonna tamper with the plan or give the cast a fighting chance.

The Skullheart caused fights to erupt in ancient times that were more violent. Being that back then, people most likely lacked all the knowledge of the Skullheart that we have now. Back in the past, every one just wanted it's power mainly those with Parasites. Based off of Eliza's description, it can be assumed that her Delilah, and a previous host to Leviathan have crossed paths.

Samson could've blocked or lost a part of his memory. It could be that he only remembers parts of his past and the last goal him and (what we assume was) his previous host were heading towards.

I think it's a lot more likely that they are Ms Fortune and Squigly.
Does Black Dahlia know Squigly is still alive? She's been dead for like, 14 years? I'm sure she thought she was dead and buried.

Does Black Dahlia know Squigly is still alive? She's been dead for like, 14 years? I'm sure she thought she was dead and buried.
While there hasn't been any encounter between the two in the story modes that have been released, I'm sure an encounter between them would happen in Dahlia's and/or the canon story.

Hey, here's something.

Black Dahlia and Tom are both ASG agents who betrayed the labs and joined the Medicis. Potential tie-in anywhere?

I have a feeling Black Dahlia will appear in Big Band's story-mode too, seeing as they are both veteran agents who likely share some history.

So I was looking the original Skullgirls logo over and I noticed...

pax-east-2011-skullgirls-logo-1.jpg

It has one eye, and braided pigtails... DO WE KNOW WHO ELSE HAS ONE EYE AND BRAIDED PIGTAILS? THE REAL MAIN CHARACTER, PERHAPS?

So I was looking the original Skullgirls logo over and I noticed...

pax-east-2011-skullgirls-logo-1.jpg

It has one eye, and braided pigtails... DO WE KNOW WHO ELSE HAS ONE EYE AND BRAIDED PIGTAILS? THE REAL MAIN CHARACTER, PERHAPS?
Wouldn't that make her the main villain then?

Reactions: Brandon Thomps
Either way she's the main SOMETHING.

On the subject of Lamia and Double's crown shape, notice that the silhouette behind Marie in her second form also has the same crown shape. The figure is pretty androgynous and it doesn't look like either Double or the Mother. This could be Lamia, another of her "shadow" or at least something else related to her.

Either way she's the main SOMETHING.

Yeah she's the main character of her own T.V show, Annie Girl of the Stars...I'm sorry I didn't mean to step out of line.

With Lamia, I look at it in the same sense that God has created man in his image. Anything related to Lamia (Double, The Shadow, Queen Nancy's Attire,ect) is made to represent her image in someway which in this case, is her iconic crown. It's interesting to note that males cannot become Skullgirls or even make a wish based on something that happened before. Lamia could be looking for some kind of female successor..nah that's over-thinking it

So, a few questions...

Does anyone thinks Dr. Geiger is alive and running the Lab Zero? I always thought Geiger and Avian were rivals, and there was a secret war going on inside the Labs.
-Avian, with Stanley and the Labs 4 and 8 on his side.
-Geiger, with Brain Drain and the Labs 7 and 0 on his side.

Peacock's story mode shows Avian getting killed by Marie (because Valentine lead her to Lab 8), but in the canon story I think he will be killed by someone from Lab 0 or Lab 7. Probably Valentine herself.

I also think that The Trinity will be a major challenge to all the other characters, and maybe Isaac is the key to defeat Aeon. He can control time too.

So, a few questions...

Does anyone thinks Dr. Geiger is alive and running the Lab Zero? I always thought Geiger and Avian were rivals, and there was a secret war going on inside the Labs.
-Avian, with Stanley and the Labs 4 and 8 on his side.
-Geiger, with Brain Drain and the Labs 7 and 0 on his side.
It was very heavily implied by Alex that Geiger is the head of Lab Zero. Brain Drain is the second-in-command and Alex said that the leader is someone whose name has been mentioned before.

Also I don't think things were as simple as so-and-so lab that got shut down moved to either Lab Zero or Lab 8. Certain members of the labs probably decided to go continue their works in one or the other, depending on their.... work ethics.

Crazy conspiracy theory over here.
Irvin is a detective investigating the Medicis. Regina works at the circus, which is a front for the Medicis. They look really similar.
What if Regina is Irvin undercover? He's trying to get into the Medici's operation at the circus so that he could move up in the gang and eventually take them down.
This explains why Irvin wasn't in the character vote too. Regina and Irvin can't both be in the roster.
And this one is a longshot, but this could be why he looks so much like one of Filia's uncles. He could have been raised by the medicis, but grew to hate their violence, and for one reason or another couldn't use his ties to the family to stop the shady gang business going on. So he ran away and took up a different name to work for the police fighting to stop the medicis. Because all the medicis would recognize him instantly without a radically different disguise, he cross dresses as Regina to eliminate the chance of his family calling him out.

Part of my brain is on the fritz from that. For all the love of me I wish I could find some decisive evidence against that theory but I can't.
There are, disturbingly, a number of similarities between the two - from the shape of the nose, the chin, and that giant head of hair that could potentially be a wig.

As a last ditch attempt to rescue my sanity and grasp for straws, I'm going to desperately whine that Irvin probably wouldn't be able to walk in those toothpick-thin boots that Regina wears. Furthermore disguising his voice and finding a way to suck in his waist like that may potentially be impossible for someone of his physique. Once again, the similarities are much more noticeable than the differences, but for my own sake I'm going to hide in my bunker and pray for the contrary.

This is a secondary issue, but Irvin doesn't work for the police - he's a Private Investigator. A few noticeable differences this would have are that Irvin wouldn't have jurisdiction to make arrests, he would need to be paid for work by private clients, and all investigations would not necessarily include criminal cases.

Don't get me wrong: There ARE many real-world examples of P.I.s co-operating with the police: In China, Private I's are commonly used to sniff out Black Market dens under the pretense of being potential clients. This effectively cuts the legal red-tape that usually stops the police from acting normally.

It is very important that we make this distinction where the Skullgirls Universe is concerned: The only way the Medicis would've been able to obtain power as they did, is if they had almost completely neutralized the city police through corruption and bribery.

As a last ditch attempt to rescue my sanity and grasp for straws, I'm going to desperately whine that Irvin probably wouldn't be able to walk in those toothpick-thin boots that Regina wears. Furthermore disguising his voice and finding a way to suck in his waist like that may potentially be impossible for someone of his physique. Once again, the similarities are much more noticeable than the differences, but for my own sake I'm going to hide in my bunker and pray for the contrary.
...Wait, why are you so worried that one of the characters is a cross dresser?
Honestly I thought it would be a kind of cool sub plot, and would flesh out Irvin who, at the moment, is one of the most plot important side characters in the game but has literally no backstory, lore, or even personality yet. It's a pretty interesting twist on the tired "undercover cop private investigator trying to get close to the mafia leaders so they can shut them down" trope.

It is very important that we make this distinction where the Skullgirls Universe is concerned: The only way the Medicis would've been able to obtain power as they did, is if they had almost completely neutralized the city police through corruption and bribery.
That makes sense. I suppose that explains why they hired a private investigator at all, since that's the only place you can go if the legal system isn't going to help you.

@Horseman @Psychophant

Yeah, I mean, Regina is RADICALLY different in bodytype.
I meam DAMN, them curves yo.
Irvin is wearing a magical corset.
Really, though, if they want to even fool us for more than 30 seconds that Regina isn't trans, the curves are absolutely necessary. Imagine if you looked at all the other characters in the game and then you get to Regina and she has no hourglass figure at all. You would raise a red flag pretty much immediately, considering every woman in the game has so small a waist that they would probably have serious medical problems due to it. It would almost be distracting in-game that no one can tell that Regina is a man in drag. I could even see people getting offended that the only trans character looks so ridiculously different from any other woman in the game.
The similarities are a little too obvious, though... if the whole cross dresser theory turns out to be false and they don't even acknowledge that they have pretty much the same face aside from Regina's make-up, I'm gonna be really disappointed. I mean at least make them siblings or something.

This explains why Irvin wasn't in the character vote too. Regina and Irvin can't both be in the roster.
:cough: Miss Victoria & D. Violet :cough:

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
Crazy conspiracy theory over here.
Irvin is a detective investigating the Medicis. Regina works at the circus, which is a front for the Medicis. They look really similar.
What if Regina is Irvin undercover? He's trying to get into the Medici's operation at the circus so that he could move up in the gang and eventually take them down.
And this one is a longshot, but this could be why he looks so much like one of Filia's uncles. He could have been raised by the medicis, but grew to hate their violence, and for one reason or another couldn't use his ties to the family to stop the shady gang business going on. So he ran away and took up a different name to work for the police fighting to stop the medicis. Because all the medicis would recognize him instantly without a radically different disguise, he cross dresses as Regina to eliminate the chance of his family calling him out.
D. Violet and Mrs. Victoria were both on the DLC vote

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
Irvin is wearing a magical corset.
Really, though, if they want to even fool us for more than 30 seconds that Regina isn't trans, the curves are absolutely necessary. Imagine if you looked at all the other characters in the game and then you get to Regina and she has no hourglass figure at all. You would raise a red flag pretty much immediately, considering every woman in the game has so small a waist that they would probably have serious medical problems due to it. It would almost be distracting in-game that no one can tell that Regina is a man in drag. I could even see people getting offended that the only trans character looks so ridiculously different from any other woman in the game.
The similarities are a little too obvious, though... if the whole cross dresser theory turns out to be false and they don't even acknowledge that they have pretty much the same face aside from Regina's make-up, I'm gonna be really disappointed. I mean at least make them siblings or something.

Yes, because a woman CLEARLY can't break the norm every once and a while, NOPE.
No seriously, fuck you. I don't mind trans characters and I would 180 my attitude if Alex did say Regina is in fact trans but I highly doubt that's the case.
Regina is EXACTLY like Leduc in the case she's just a non-standard design.
Leduc is ridiculously feminine for most of the men Alex draws and isn't 'BEEFCAKE'

So I honestly have to give a 'fuck you' to you.

What if Irvin just stuffed his shirt and pants with pillows to become Regina
And don't forget the makeup, and the amount of physical discipline and training needed to move naturally in high heels, and the liposuction on his calves for those shoes, and needing to become a convincing Master-of-theAnimals in a fairly high-end circus, etc.

Which is not, to say, that this is still out of the question. Does anyone here have the burden of remembering 'Poison'? From 'Final Fight'? Well, now you do. Just remember that more absurd things have happened in that great, screwed-up universe of fighting games.

In the words of Emperor Napoleon, "Impossible is a word found in the dictionary of fools." You can object to the idea, you can decry it as absurd, to say that it is out of the question would be brash.

I thought every one just thought Irvin was actually a Medici because he looks like that one portrait

And don't forget the makeup, and the amount of physical discipline and training needed to move naturally in high heels, and the liposuction on his calves for those shoes, and needing to become a convincing Master-of-theAnimals in a fairly high-end circus, etc.

Which is not, to say, that this is still out of the question. Does anyone here have the burden of remembering 'Poison'? From 'Final Fight'? Well, now you do. Just remember that more absurd things have happened in that great, screwed-up universe of fighting games.

I'm far from denying it actually, I just hate people think she is because she's a non-standard design.

Yes, because a woman CLEARLY can't break the norm every once and a while, NOPE.
No seriously, fuck you. I don't mind trans characters and I would 180 my attitude if Alex did say Regina is in fact trans but I highly doubt that's the case.
Regina is EXACTLY like Leduc in the case she's just a non-standard design.
Leduc is ridiculously feminine for most of the men Alex draws and isn't 'BEEFCAKE'

So I honestly have to give a 'fuck you' to you.
I'm far from denying it actually, I just hate people think she is because she's a non-standard design.
I don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm talking about how Regina would look if she didn't have any curves at all (and not if she was Filia with Irvin's face glued on.)
If she was just a woman that had a different figure that would be fine. Great even, something that the game should really have.
If she was a woman that had the physique of a man and the exact same face as an already introduced male character, that's where the red flag comes up.
It's the fact that when you went to design a trans character you would purposely take out the hourglass figure because I guess they can't look like a regular woman.
I'm just saying that if she had anything near Irvin's figure, you would be able to tell that she was trans immediately, but she doesn't look like that so that in the event that she is Irvin crossdressing it's a twist and not something obvious.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm talking about how Regina would look if she didn't have any curves at all (and not if she was Filia with Irvin's face glued on.)
If she was just a woman that had a different figure that would be fine. Great even, something that the game should really have.
If she was a woman that had the physique of a man and the exact same face as an already introduced male character, that's where the red flag comes up.
It's the fact that when you went to design a trans character you would purposely take out the hourglass figure because I guess they can't look like a regular woman.
I'm just saying that if she had anything near Irvin's figure, you would be able to tell that she was trans immediately, but she doesn't look like that so that in the event that she is Irvin crossdressing it's a twist and not something obvious.

Ah, sorry then. I'm just really sensitive to 'regina is a man' joke because I'm honestly sick to hell of it.
But I do completely agree we need something cool with Irwin, I love his design too and needs some cool antics to get into. (With Ms Fortune, I assume that's kinda easy??)

I thought we had him disguised as Regina though.