• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Speculation

Living weapons aren't sentient, the act like synthetic parasites, just without the side effects of having parasite
Living Weapons are like dogs, they're Sentient but not Intelligent.
Synthetic Parasites are completely thoughtless, hence why most of them look like machines, with the exception of Ileum's Salamander Shell.

Living Weapons are like dogs, they're Sentient but not Intelligent.
Synthetic Parasites are completely thoughtless, hence why most of them look like machines, with the exception of Ileum's Salamander Shell.
I think it would be more accurate to say that Synth Parasites all over the place and can vary from totally mindless to completely sapient.

Some are pretty much classified more as tools or devices while Avery, for example, has a personality and can think on his own.

Some are pretty much classified more as tools or devices while Avery, for example, has a personality and can think on his own.
Avery, along with the rest of Peacock's Cronies, is most likely just a projection of Peacock's shattered psyche. Nothing more than an imaginary friend taking physical form.

Besides, Alex Ahad aready confirmed in his last Q&A that Synthetic Parasites are non-sentient.

Avery, along with the rest of Peacock's Cronies, is most likely just a projection of Peacock's shattered psyche. Nothing more than an imaginary friend taking physical form.

Besides, Alex Ahad aready confirmed in his last Q&A that Synthetic Parasites are non-sentient.
If peacocks cronies are imaginary, how can double transform into them?

If peacocks cronies are imaginary, how can double transform into them?
That's a weird question?
I think you're confused about both Peacock's and Double's abilities. Peacock's Cronies aren't literally imaginary, they are Peacock. They're results of Peacocks crazy use of the reality warping Avery Unit. The Avery Unit makes things out of Peacock's mind.
Double can turn into whatever the hell it wants, it doesn't need to be real. Double can turn into a goddamn flying spaghetti monster if it wanted to.

Last edited:
How could Double turn into an exact copy of Andy and Tommy if Double doesn't know what they look like because they exist in Peacocks mind?

If we take everything that happens in-match as canon lore-wise, we need to move to the topic of Bella's ability to smash boulders into giant diamonds.

I think what Denizen is trying to say is that they are a physical manifestation of Peacock's psyche. That is why Double can "see" them and transform into them...at least I think lol...
That's exactly what I'm saying, I'm glad someone gets it.

If we take everything that happens in-match as canon lore-wise, we need to move to the topic of Bella's ability to smash boulders into giant diamonds.

It's probably because the earthen portion of the planet is mostly coal. At least that is what I tell myself whenever I punch massive, perfectly cut diamonds through my enemies.

but considering how stong Vice Versa is it would not be entirely weird to say it can produce enough pressure to turn a rock into diamonds. . . i think
I would like to think that the moves are within reason to the canon though

Well, canonically (not that the event happens in the canon storyline but it shows that it is capable of happening), Vice-Versa is powerful enough to crush Fortune back into a Life Gem, so yeah he is pretty strong. Also, things that happen in gameplay are more like exaggerated abilities that may not be entirely canon. For example, Ultimate Showstopper shows Bella impaling the opponent on a giant sword.

Hm looking at the picture of Aeon's room. I also see an Annie wig with an Egert holding it up, Samson wig, Eliza shrine, hole in the wall showing space, the skull plate from squigly, and also what looks like another body pillow with squigly's feet. plus Parasoul's umbrella.
I feel like there might be more to this picture than anyone expects

Reactions: musica
Well, canonically (not that the event happens in the canon storyline but it shows that it is capable of happening), Vice-Versa is powerful enough to crush Fortune back into a Life Gem, so yeah he is pretty strong. Also, things that happen in gameplay are more like exaggerated abilities that may not be entirely canon. For example, Ultimate Showstopper shows Bella impaling the opponent on a giant sword.

The reverse also applies. Since characters are balanced to be roughly equal in power in gameplay, characters who would canonically be way stronger than others might seem less impressive when you're playing as them. For instance, whenever the goddesses become playable, sure they'll be strong characters in gameplay, but they'll nonetheless be able to be beaten by any other playable character. This would include characters like, say, Adam, Hubrecht and Minette.

We can see how some of the matchups play out in storymodes when they happen, such as Peacock killing off Ottomo and Cerebella in her ending. It can be inferred just from overall gameplay style which characters would be stronger than others in canon, though, moreso than the actual damage output. There's another thread for it if you really want to argue about characters' power levels however.

So Peacock may age at some point? Interesting. I was thinking about the characters from other dimensions, maybe Aeon can summon that Evil Peacock from the old Skullgirls.

The talk about the ending was interesting too. Like many of you have said, I also think this may lead up to some bittersweet ending where some characters die, goddesses fall and heroes sacrifice!

However, unless someone develops a very powerful tool to fighting the Trinity, I think the only way is trying to turn one of them against the rest.

I wonder actually if what Issac's story is important to the canon story also

So Peacock may age at some point? Interesting. I was thinking about the characters from other dimensions, maybe Aeon can summon that Evil Peacock from the old Skullgirls.

The talk about the ending was interesting too. Like many of you have said, I also think this may lead up to some bittersweet ending where some characters die, goddesses fall and heroes sacrifice!

However, unless someone develops a very powerful tool to fighting the Trinity, I think the only way is trying to turn one of them against the rest.

It's not so much that she may age; more that she's an otherwise regular person who ages like everyone else, and if there's ever a sequel to SG or something that takes place in the future then her design will be updated to reflect that. In-universe, she'll have her machinery adjusted from 13-year-old size to adult size whenever it starts becoming an issue.

Original concept Peacock is almost an entirely different character altogether from current Peacock so I doubt we'd see that version, but I could see Aeon summoning a hypothetical Skullgirl Peacock or something. (say your prayers, indeed.) We really just don't know enough about the Trinity to speculate much about them at the moment, though. And that's okay. We'll have more lore someday. Someday...

Okay, this is starting to annoy me, I know Alex said that Elves are unremarkable or aren't that special but what is a trait that defines their species?

Ferals are obviously have access to animistic abilities humans don't have. (Alex also said they can harden their ears and tail or something.)
Gigans are huge and super strong.
Dagonians have some obvious things like being able to swim and breathe underwater

and Elves? Nothing.
I'm going to assume they're highly intelligent by default. Avian is a scientist and Black Dahlia really does need to be intelligent because of her assassination job and Taliesin needs to be smart to manipulate people.

Going back to this:

• Does this mean Squigly has special space-bending abilities? How else could you explain Daisy Pusher?
  • Does Val's Dead Cross also have spatial abilities where it warps back to her boob upon contact with a target or surface?
  • Since Timpani Buster is movable, does that mean Big Band is playing them with such force that he can fly? (Kinda scary, now that I think about it)

and Elves? Nothing.
I'm going to assume they're highly intelligent by default.
They can wear more earrings than everyone else? :3
In all seriousness, IIRC, Elves have (considerably?) longer lifespans than other species. Coupled with them being "natural geniuses", it's a pretty good trade off for not being giants or not having fangs and claws.
I do wonder if they're as reclusive as "standard" elves? Avian, Dahlia and Taly are the only ones we've seen, right?

We were discussing the species in other pastures and I completely forgot about these guys.

EDIT: this is what I get for trusting proxy sources. Guess all that's really left is assorted skin colors and the cookies.

Last edited:
Okay, this is starting to annoy me, I know Alex said that Elves are unremarkable or aren't that special but what is a trait that defines their species?

Ferals are obviously have access to animistic abilities humans don't have. (Alex also said they can harden their ears and tail or something.)
Gigans are huge and super strong.
Dagonians have some obvious things like being able to swim and breathe underwater

and Elves? Nothing.
I'm going to assume they're highly intelligent by default. Avian is a scientist and Black Dahlia really does need to be intelligent because of her assassination job and Taliesin needs to be smart to manipulate people.

The "elves" don't actually have any sort of species-specific abilities that we know of thus far. Alex said they're basically just humans with pointy ears, and that's about it. From the canon information thread:
The elves are a very rare race in the Canopy Kingdom, and unlike elves from other fantasy universes, they are mostly the same as humans and do not have a longer lifespan than humans. Dr Avian and Black Dahlia are also members of this race.

Their defining trait seems to be that they're uncommon. Nothing really all that particularly special about them in the SG universe. Remember, it's not good to automatically assume tropes from other works translate to SG canon.

Little did we know, the Keebler cookie factory is all a front for Lab 8.
Today, the chocolate chips. Tomorrow...THE WORLD!

I know but that pisses me off, what's the point of them then? There has to be SOME exception to them other then nice ears.

I know but that pisses me off, what's the point of them then? There has to be SOME exception to them other then nice ears.
There is.

Dr.AViary.JPG

Sharp teeth.

Reactions: HiroProtagonest
The existence of fairies. Not just the skimpy clothed tiny people with wings, but stuff like boggarts, dullahans, and banshees.

Jeez he looks like a Vampire.
Maybe he is one.

The blood he has all over himself in Peacock's story mode isn't his own. He snapped and ate everyone at Lab 8. He didn't die either, just fainted from overeating.

Big Band's story will be about tracking down and stopping his murderous rampage.

COOKIES, C'MON GET WITH IT.

Does there have to be some special exception? The answer is... no, of course not! There doesn't need to be. If Alex wants the "elf" race to be there only for aesthetic value, then them's the breaks. No need to get mad about it.

Anyway...

On the note of that picture of Avian: I wonder if they all actually have sharp teeth, or if Avian's like Valentine and has also undergone some experimentation at the hands of the Labs? I don't think there's any really clear pictures of Dahila or Taliesin's chompers, so there's nothing to compare with.

Come to look at it, Avian's got red eyes, too. Valentine's red eyes are a result of the testing she went through--I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of hazing process for Labs recruits where they all are used as subjects at some point in time. At least, during the Labs' heyday. Forcing people to be experimented on doesn't really jive with the current Lab 8's style.

Or maybe Avian's just partial to the look. Who knows? (Would explain why he decided to stick a bear trap in Peacock's mouth...)

Reactions: Undeadtoon
Oh my God I just realized something. In Filia's story mode the Skull Heart never twisted her wish like we all think. See Filia wished for Painwheel to live a normal life, not Carol. Carol was a normal teenage girl living in the suburbs of New Meridian. Painwheel is a horribly disfigured experimental weapon, one that can still live a normal life.

So when Filia wished for Painwheel to have a normal life again she got exactly what she asked for.
Filia's Wish.png

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Oh my God I just realized something. In Filia's story mode the Skull Heart never twisted her wish like we all think. See Filia wished for Painwheel to live a normal life, not Carol. Carol was a normal teenage girl living in the suburbs of New Meridian. Painwheel is a horribly disfigured experimental weapon, one that can still live a normal life.

So when Filia wished for Painwheel to have a normal life again she got exactly what she asked for.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Nice going, Filia. P: It seems that the exact phrasing of the person's wish can influence the degree to which it is twisted. For instance, Annie of the Stars' physical inability to say curse words is a result of the particular way her mother worded the wish that made her a child forever.

The Skull Heart is a selective literal genie, it seems. It probably just picks and chooses to twist a wish--if you make a very specific, well thought out wish that couldn't possibly be misinterpreted, the Heart will still just come up with a way to screw you over anyway. Because it's a douchebag like that.

My guess is that wishes that are more "evil" or would result in something twisted anyway aren't messed with as much. I doubt Marie got anything more or less than exactly what she asked for when she asked to slaughter a huge amount of people in the name of revenge. Really really ridiculously simplistic wishes, too--Valentine wished to become the Skullgirl in her storymode. Not much you can do to twist that wish when the price of the wish itself is to become the Skullgirl anyway.

The Skull Heart is a selective literal genie, it seems. It probably just picks and chooses to twist a wish--if you make a very specific, well thought out wish that couldn't possibly be misinterpreted, the Heart will still just come up with a way to screw you over anyway. Because it's a douchebag like that.
I'm not too sure about that. I don't think the Skull Heart actually twists a woman's wish at all. I've looked at every wish that I know has been made on the Skull Heart so far and I've come to this conclusion.

The Skull Heart does not give you what you want. The Skull Heart gives you what you ask for.
Exactly what you ask for. The price is becoming the Skullgirl.
Filia wised for Painwheel to have a normal life. That's what she got and she became the Skullgirl.
Parasoul wished for Umbrella to never become the Skullgirl. Instead she became the Skullgirl.
Valentine wished to become the Skullgirl. That's what she got and she... well yeah.
Selene wished for her family to come back to her. She got her wish by becoming the Skullgirl.
Queen Nancy wished for an end to the Grand War. She got her wish by becoming the Skullgirl.
Marie wished for revenge against the Medicis. She got her wish by becoming the Skullgirl.
You see the Skull Heart doesn't twist wishes, it takes each and every one literally.
The lyrics from In A Moment's Time confirm this.

Ask for any wish, I'm on it
Granted word for word, I promise

For instance, Annie of the Stars' physical inability to say curse words is a result of the particular way her mother worded the wish that made her a child forever.
Is that actually canon? I thought Alex Ahad was just fucking with us?

Last edited:
I honestly think the inability to say curse words is just because of some contractual obligation stuff. I mean, there's little kids everywhere who sound like sailors.

yeah i always thought it was just something she does to uphold the image and everything
not like "swearing" and "childhood" are mutually exclusive or anything

I'm not too sure about that. I don't think the Skull Heart actually twists a woman's wish at all. I've looked at every wish that I know has been made on the Skull Heart so far and I've come to this conclusion.

The Skull Heart does not give you what you want. The Skull Heart gives you what you ask for.
Exactly what you ask for. The price is becoming the Skullgirl.
Filia wised for Painwheel to have a normal life. That's what she got and she became the Skullgirl.
Parasoul wished for Umbrella to never become the Skullgirl. Instead she became the Skullgirl.
Valentine wished to become the Skullgirl. That's what she got and she... well yeah.
Selene wished for her family to come back to her. She got her wish by becoming the Skullgirl.
Queen Nancy wished for an end to the Grand War. She got her wish by becoming the Skullgirl.
Marie wished for revenge against the Medicis. She got her wish by becoming the Skullgirl.
You see the Skull Heart doesn't twist wishes, it takes each and every one literally.
The lyrics from In A Moment's Time confirm this.

Ask for any wish, I'm on it
Granted word for word, I promise

Is that actually canon? I thought Alex Ahad was just fucking with us?

The "Annie being physically unable to finish a swear word" thing is canon, yes. It's in the canon info thread if you want to check. Hence why there are all the pictures with her starting to cuss and then quickly fudging or switching it into a more benign euphemism.

As for the Skull Heart--firstly, I'd take the lyrics to the ending theme with a grain of salt, as they're written to be lyrical, not necessarily "accurate". Unless someone gets the OK from Alex that yes, the ending theme is 100% strictly canon or something.

I'd argue that the Heart probably isn't actually bound by a particularly strict set of rules. It's never actually been stated anywhere in the storymodes or by word of god that being a literal genie is its only function. The end result is what's most important. So, I believe that if it so chooses, the Heart can and will go about granting a wish in any roundabout way it wants, so long as the end result fits in with the Trinity's agenda.

So, yes--it can and probably often does grant wishes according to the wording while ignoring the intent. But if the context suits it, the Heart could ignore the wording and grant only for the sake of the wisher's intent, or it could simply grant it fairly if it's the kind of wish that has natural or inevitable consequences anyway.

I'm thinking Marie's wish was probably in the latter category (I'm pretty sure the Heart is totally cool with granting wishes that involve mass murder), while Nancy's may have been in the former (i.e., she wished for "peace", but she never specified that she herself would be the one to make it happen with her own hands).

So, basically, it'll screw you over no matter how vague or specific the wording of your wish is. Because it's an asshole. And it will find a way to make your life miserable for using it, be the twist some dramatic irony resulting from the wish itself, or simply having it be becoming the Skullgirl. You'll get Skullgirl'd if you use it no matter what, anyway. The only way to win is not to use it at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scryer and Muro