• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Theories Thursdays!

Would you be intrested in seeing more o f these Lore focused events and content

• yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

FunkyHellboy

The nicest Guy
Reaction score
Steam
FunkyHellboy
XBL
FunkyHellboy
Filia Squigly Big Band
ALERT!
While this thread is about a stream weekly event, it also very very closely pertains to Skullgirls Lore and discussion of Lore and community theorizing on it. So because it fits in both a strea thread and this thread. Because of how much focus is put onto the Lore of Skullgirls and making speculation on it.
Before you ask the stream starts around 8pm-9pm est best way to know when it does start gareented is following on Twitch or Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok FunkyHellboy again,
and I seem to see that many people in the Skullgirls community like the game's story and love to talk about theories in the very open universe of possibilities that Skullgirls offers.
So I started to do Skullgirls Lore Theories videos and they seem to be doing well and I like doing them as well.

So it was natural that I wanted to make a streaming weekly event for all you Skullgirls Lore fans.
This event is basically a stream where me and other people that are watching the stream can join in a skype call and theorize or answer your question about the Skullgirls universe Lore.
Also you don't have to be in the Skype call to participate in the discussion by saying your own theories, asking questions about the Lore of Skullgirls, etc...

And the stream is not only just a Skype room of people talking it is also going to be showing a Skullgirls retail lobby, and Making/Spriting Super Skullgirls RPG
I hope that this event can promote this forum of Skullgirls Lore and help show the interesting nature of the Skullgirls Universe as well!

And a special reminder if I think the theory is good enough I will make it into a Skullgirls Lore Theories video! So get excited!
I hope to see you there,
FunkyHellboy.

I admire your enthusiasm, but the forum is a better format for me. I prefer time to formulate responses in prose instead of live conversation.

Good luck with your stream. And thanks for promoting Skullgirls (any attention the game can get is good).

This seems like fun but unfortunately the timeslot doesn't work well for me. Anyway like BallotBoxer says I also prefer the forum format for this kind of discussion. If you formulate any interesting stuff on the stream you should totally post them here for people to discuss.

I have formulated 2 thesis
One is how all stories connect through the use of Alt timelines and Dimensions
Another is the true purpose of the Skullheart being to harvest enough theonite from collecting blood of it's massacres into genna funnel through it's veins into pure theonite in order to revive Aeon and Venus.

Also one theory one of my YT viewers has suggested is that Valentine has a parasite hidden
Which upon talking about on stream I have theories how it would work.

I also have one more but it is very long and I will post it in just a few seconds!

This seems like fun but unfortunately the timeslot doesn't work well for me. Anyway like BallotBoxer says I also prefer the forum format for this kind of discussion. If you formulate any interesting stuff on the stream you should totally post them here for people to discuss.
One Big Theory made on stream!

Here is a question how did the Canopy Kingdom survive all the surrounding nations forming up to attack them after Nancy's wish. Because in canon ALL Skullheart wishes, (that have nothing to do with becoming the Skullgirl, because the Skullheart already has a rule-set on how you become it, so wishing to become it just means no other wishers were granted and it's rule-set on how pure the wish was goes into play), twisted by the heart or not are granted immediately, (see Filia's ending).

So by canon logic all the countries would feel the immediate need to attack the kingdom.
And the time-frame of at least 9 months or more had to occur between the wish and Nancy Skullgirl, (start of war end of war) because she had to have gotten pregnant during the Skullgirl transformation process.
That means the least amount of time of the war would have been getting pregnant after wishing on the SH on the same day, then right after giving birth to Umbrella immediately she would become the Skullgirl.

So given that time frame and multiple surrounding countries attacking all at the same time on the Kingdom I would think that it would be nei impossible for Canopy to stll exist!

BUT!
I do have one theory on how it could have survived.
What if during that time frame knowing the oncoming threat is when the Canopy government turned to drastic measures.
What if during that tie frame they created the living weapons! (The creation of which is theorized here!)

It makes too much sense, think about it, their power would even out the playing field long enough for SG Nancy to take the charge.
And in Cerebella's story her living weapon of Vice Versa was passed down to her by her parents that are dead! (Dead by fighting in the war!) and that would explain the absence of her parents and why she of all people outside of the military would have such a dangerous weapon.