• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Original / Fan Character Thread

Probably links to the posts would be a good idea too.
Names and what not

That was a good idea. :) I tried to make an archive in the first post. If I missed anyone's, please let me know!

Eheh, happy to see the thread getting popular though. People have all sorts of different cool designs. :) I hope you post more about yours, Brand, it's really cool to get info on some of the background folks too. I hope you get to use them in something awesome in the future!

Wow Sunny, that's actually a perfect solution to our problem.
It's neat, accessible, and it gets the job done.
Great job, round of applause.

clap.gif

(Is Sunny alright? I'm sorry if it sounds a little too boyish...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
Very good job!

At the moment I'm kinda trying to think of a parasite that hasn't really been done before.
A few months ago I had idea for a parasite that manifested eyes on the right arm, but then I remembered Peacock, but then I thought "Hey, maybe mouths would work instead of teeth!" But then that became too creepy. And I briefly thought of making it eyes AND teeth but then that got unholy. So I decided not to follow through with that particular idae.

SO I just want to say that if you want to discuss with me about my plans, dreams and OCs, just post in my art topic. I'll be glad to answer stuff there.

Hi there. I've been a big fan of Skullgirls for quite a while. As part of a recent challenge I've been making a whole lot of OCs (Over the course of a few months now) some of which I've designed specifically to fit into the creatively charged universe of Skullgirls and some of which could easily fit. Before putting anything down here, however, I'd like to run a couple of concepts by you guys to get your opinions on which one I should focus on to post in full. I have:

*Grumm, a former vigilante who, afraid of dying and being judged in death for what he committed in life, acquired a synthetic parasite called Tick Tock that replaces his body parts with steampunk-esque clockwork formed of organic compounds once they are destroyed or stop working. It malfunctioned, however, when attempting to replace his brain after suffering a degenerative brain disease similar to Alzheimers and basically turned him into a zombie.
*Halte, a first mate on an infamous pirate ship who discovered her captain was taking out-of-character assignments from the Medici Mafia and was attacked when she was prepared to rat him out to the crew. After ruining her mouth and severing her legs to prevent her screaming or fleeing, the captain left to make sure nobody was watching and Halte picked up the Sea Legs, a pair of Living Weapon boots, from an artifact case in his study. These allow her to move at very high speed as well as to project water from her feet.
*Scabbard, Captain of the Guard to Queen Nancy who was present when the Queen made her wish for the warring kingdoms to stop. After her transformation into the Skullgirl, Scabbard drew one of her four swords to defend herself if need be, but the Skullgirl took this as a sign of aggression and impaled Scabbard with her own blades, fusing her biggest, a Living Weapon, with her spine. Scabbard became one of that Skullgirl's first minions, and when she was eventually defeated, Scabbard would have died if it weren't for the blade in her spine keeping her alive. Basically, she had various sharp weapons in her skin which she can pull out and attack with before replacing.
*Backlash, a member of a small town far away from New Meridian that underwent a series of witch trials similar to the Salem Witch Hunt in American history. After planting four sharpened bones among her sister's things to condemn her as a witch out of spite, Belle Osburn attended her public execution only to have the four bones plunged into her back by a dark stranger. The bones fused with her spine and grew to the size of large limbs, which can change into many skeletal shapes, such as skulls, blades, hands, and so on.

Naturally these are but short summaries of the four characters. Once I select one for polish I can provide basic art via Heromachine 3 because I am talentless and also speculate a fighting style. I'm anxious to hear your input.

Last edited:
I really dug those concepts: really dark, lots of potential to be built upon. I also like OCs that can fit into a past story and enrich it, Scabbard could provide some insight into the great war from her PoV without dominating Queen Nancy's story. Good job! :)

Alright, I got something... Not much, but something.

---

????? (ideas welcome)

Birthday: January 8

Bloodtype: All / None

Height: 6’ 2” / Varies

Weight: 240lbs / Varies

Bio:

????? was tired of living his life day by day on the same schedule. Seeking an opportunity for some excitement, ????? came across the Anti-Skullgirls Labs. ASG Labs agreed to experiment on ?????, and he became the host for seven docile parasites. This was ASG Labs’ attempt to better understand the ‘creature’ Double. The seven parasites relate to the seven deadly sins. Each parasite, when activated temporarily by syringes ????? carries with him, exaggerate specific parts of his body;

Gluttony - expands ?????’s mouth and develops razor sharp teeth.

Sloth - causes ????? to slow down, but grow bigger and stronger.

Wrath - sends ????? into a rage, making him much faster with sharper attacks.

Envy - lets ????? quickly evaluate his foe and mirror their actions.

Lust - allows ????? to regenerate health over time.

Greed - TBA (ideas welcome)

Pride - TBA (ideas welcome)
Nothing done past bio yet.
Playstyle Speculation: TBA

Gameplay Inspirations: TBA

ARTWORK: TBA

---

This is nowhere near complete, but I'm just getting an idea out there. I would greatly appreciate feedback and ideas! :)

@Lugubrious those are some really cool descriptions, I can't wait to see them in some art, especially Grumm.
If I were to pick one of those concepts it would be Grumm, Clockwork Steampunk Zombie is just way too cool.
I bet the Lab Zero animation team would have a lot of fun with him.

Is it wrong that I find it hilarious that a new page had to be created to accommodate this artwork?

I see that you have changed your post, so I have changed my post in response.
Everybody should do as @Benji-Blacksky does and keep their posts neat and tidy to make navigation easier for the Citizens of SkullHeart reading this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benji-Blacksky
Here's a pic Sprite37 did from before I knew about Skullgirls. I gotta say I loved it. Marissa would be like so for the Bodyslam attack I described.

marissa__gargantuan_gutsy_grappler__by_benji_blacksky-d6md2ac.jpg

Is it wrong that I find it hilarious that a new page had to be created to accommodate this artwork?

Nope, but fixed it after posting.

This Is the most adorable character I have seen yet XD

More concept art of my character Jack Frost.

Heavy Punch
"Ice Pick"
tumblr_mua3j4rQvD1rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

Far view

tumblr_mua3jeCW4J1rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

Lvl 1 blockbuster
"Sweet Ride"

tumblr_mua3iuE0Zx1rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

Blocking

tumblr_mua3ibYKKr1rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

Ice cream truck

tumblr_mua3o1x2gg1rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

Air attack
"Baron Von Frost"

Uppercut

Dialogue

Vs. Filia: "Let's freeze off that parasite shall we?"

Vs. Valentine: "Two large milkshakes please!?"
"Take a chill pill"
"You make me wanna melt~"

Vs. Ms. Fortune: "look what the....wait"

Vs. Parasoul: "You can't protect anyone!"

Vs. Double: "What flavor are you? Lets find out!"

Vs. Squigly: "you shouldve been cryogenicaly frozen prevents decay ya know?"

Vs. Cerebella: "Wheres my family!?"
"You traitor!"
"Your family destroyed mine!"
"You're a cold hearted woman..."

Vs. Peacock: "Cartoons will rot your brain ye kid."

Vs. Eliza: "Wow eliza!? Too cool..."

Vs. Beowulf: " let's get ready too FREEEEZE"

Vs. Bigband: "keep up with the tempo mate!"

Vs. Painwheel: "You would bring me too tears if i had tears too shed"

Last edited:
Reactions: jam1220
Yo Saxton those look great and all but spoiler them, let's keep this thread neat and tidy.

I'll delete this post when you do.

How the hell do I do spoilers?

Type [ spoiler ] Stuff here [ /spoiler ] with no spaces

That does not work so I guess Ill make my own thread of my characters concept art?

No no no, I meant delete the spaces BETWEEN the brackets.
Make sure you have everything in between the spoiler

Oh ok thanks man.

I swear if I could make a character with a being protecting them like a Stand, I totally would.
That's kinda what I'm doing with Mourningstar! That picture I posted with her pulling out all those weapons is meant to be an ORA ORA ORA thing :P

Name: Grumm (Percival Botley)

Birthday: March 23

Bloodtype: B+ (Originally. Now it's kinda hard to tell)

Height: 6'3”

Weight: 260 pounds (Much of it heavy bronze, iron, and brass)

The esoteric Sterling Revolt failed almost as soon as it was started. The Black Egrets of nearby New Meridian overran the small but petulant cluster of farming villages, crushing the ringleaders and then extinguishing any fire that remained. One noteworthy thing did result of the Revolt, however; Percival Botley. The cold-eyed man because a vigilante, taking justice into his own hands when the Canopy Kingdom failed to serve the people that it claimed to. Cloaked in black, he sought out and brought unnecessarily merciful ends to the cruel underlings of corrupt officers, executives, and politicians; soon, he targeted the string-pullers themselves. His district was better served for his illegal but morally justified activity, however bloody and unlawful.

Still, Percy deeply regretted what he had done. However just his actions, he had still killed people—which flew in the face of his own moral code and religion, making him a glorified hypocrite. In the early days he had told himself that he was doing what needed to be done, and that nobody else had the courage necessary...but now, the veil grew ever thinner. Percy developed a consuming fear of death and judgment, fearing he'd be sent to hell despite all the good resulting from his vigilante campaigns. Terrified, he sought out what some might term a mad scientist and begged of him a means to cheat death. The man he pleaded with turned a sympathetic ear to his claims; the corrupt officials Percy strove to remove had confiscated his medical degree (For what ultimately proved to be good reasons) and subsequently ruined his life, turning him from an esteemed doctor into a crazed tinkerer. At Percy's behest, the scientist created one of the first synthetic parasites -a clockwork heart which he dubbed Tick Tock- and installed the device in Percy's body. The incredible machine was designed to sustain him from the inside out, replacing Percy's organs from the inside as they failed with clockwork.

At first, it seemed lucrative. Thanks to Tick Tock, Percy redoubled his efforts, finding death would always allude him. Poison was ineffective; being shot a minor inconvenience. Even when Percy was seized by a crooked police squad, tortured, and robbed of his left arm, bronze mechanisms replaced what was lost. Suddenly, no mission was too dangerous and Percy could cast out for the biggest fish to fry. Justice, though, awaited the vigilante too. As time wore on, Percy found himself changing. Tick Tock was malfunctioning. It made more and more errors, failing to keep him healthy. Percy's skin turned pale and bloated, his blood clotted and green, and when his intestines were torn out by a particularly vicious street gang they were replaced were clockwork tentacles tipped with fearsome mechanical maws. All this, however, failed to alarm him. His mind was withering too, leaving only feral, killer instincts where a brilliant psyche had been. And yet, Grumm could not die. He hunts still.

Grumm has all sorts of interesting tricks up his sleeves. He has a DoT in the form of noxious bile hurled through his faceplate, a counter or two, and even some interesting mobility using the clockwork tentacles in his belly as grapplers (Though I imagine going airborne is a little too much to ask). Additionally, I have in mind a play on his 'undying' aspect. When KO-ed, during Grumm's falling animation the player can input as many moves as he or she can. The instant after the animation ends, Grumm springs up and performs these moves independently before dropping dead for real. With a multi-team, the next fighter comes in and can attack while Grumm's still swinging. In a single-man team, the match end is delayed until Grumm's post-KO attacks are over; this allows for a close loss to become a draw. The usefulness of his trait is very situational.

Lvl 1 Blockbuster: Grumm charges, thrusting with his clockwork arm and causing a wallbounce after inflicting moderate damage with a single hit.
Lvl 2 Blockbuster: All seven clockwork tentacles in Grumm's belly swarm out at the same time, reaching forward in a corkscrew to grab the opponent, which is then pulled in to meet Grumm's axe.
Lvl 3 Blockbuster: Grumm coughs violently before puking, staining himself with wretched bile. When hit, the opponent gets a small DoT, which stacks per hit; anyone performing an advanced combo will receive remarkable damage in return.
Lvl 4 Blockbuster: A command grab to either side of Grumm with his clockwork tentacles. An opponent, once grabbed, is pulled into a kneeling position before Grumm swings his axe like a headsman, dealing very severe damage in a single hit, and then a tiny spot extra as a tentacle tosses the opponent aside.

Gameplay Inspirations: Spencer (Marvel VS Capcom 3) Solomon Grundy (Injustice: Gods Among Us) and Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur)

23t2sup.jpg
Isn't he a beaut? If you are better at drawing than me (Which is pretty much a given) and would like to maybe draw him, please let me know.

Destroyer and Benthic, respectively
flvdkg.jpg
1zoyu11.jpg

Am I missing anything? Likes/dislikes, gender, talent?

Reactions: jam1220 and Denizen
Woah @Lugubrious I imagined something completely different, it's still cool though.

This thread makes me sad because I know none of the awesome designs are ever going to be in Skullgirls.

You can't even image how I feel, I would have settle for a NPC cameo of Rosemary, I had the money I just didn't get the tier...I use to say I regret nothing... clearly I was wrong.

you just had to remember me of that blockhead and his stupid series of actions.

at least not anytime soon because of the JuJu fiasco.

Can I make an original setting as opposed to a character?

Made a new character! Meet the Surgeon General!

Surgeon General

tumblr_mujia2MJI71rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

Bio: Not much is known about the surgeon general's early history however from records dug up by the Black Egrets. Showed that he was a brutal field medic in multiple wars most notably the Canopy Wars. Where he preformed surgery on captured soldiers while they were still awake and studied their organs, bones etc. After the war The Surgeon General began his real medical career in New Meridian preforming over 900,000 successful surgeries no matter how critical in condition the patient was. Due to his successful surgeries he became one of the richest men in New Meridian although he mostly spent his money on medical supplies and specimens to study. However when the Anti-Skullgirls lab 8 was created and ran by Avian The Surgeon General created his own lab called Lab Zero which he ran with his colleuge named "Brain Drain". While creating Lab Zero The Surgeon General picked up a few stray children most of them being orphans. These children would end up being: Easter, Hallow, Christmas, Patty and of course Valentine. He trained them for many years on how to use their medical skills to be deadly weapons but also the many different ways of medicine. Until he mysteriously disappeared never to be seen again some say he died from old age others say he retired and moved to a different country. However there's no real way to know whether he's dead or alive.

Quotes: "I push when I should pull! But a man is entitled to a few mistakes!"
"The patients ask so many questions sometimes I-I have to make up
the answers"
"When is a fever not a fever....WHEN I SAY IT ISNT"

"I just want to see what's inside!"
"I just want to bind your wounds!"

Gameplay Inspirations: Dr. Doom (Marvel vs. Capcom series), Magneto (Marvel vs. Capcom series), Dr. Steinman (Bioshock), Medic (Team Fortress 2)

Last edited: