• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Original / Fan Character Thread

Ok..Here I go...
View attachment 1850
Should i color it??meh.
This is Orbis.She was kidnaped when she was 7 by a circus of horrors that belongs to the medici family and had her body modified to become an atraction.She lost her vision due to her few tries to scape.But because of that she can hear pretty well.Inhumanly well.Her body parts are made of metal and she can make a spear pass throught her belly without feeling any pain.She receives a mission from her master of getting the skullheart for him,but she has a chance of being free.If she wishes for the skullheart,of course.She doesn't know that she'd become a skullgirl so..yeah.She wishes for the skullheart to live in a world where she and the other kids were happy and free.But she was tricked by the skullheart and this world is in her own head.Her sane self was in her own brain so the skullheart took total control of her,so she became one of the strongest skullgirls in the Canopy kingdom.And then she was destroyed by someone.The end.
Other details:
Birthday:March 7
Deslikes:Circus,medici,Cerebella,rotten meat,Cages,clowns,current life.

Wow, that's a pretty cool idea. I found the part where she becomes the Skullgirl and gets killed to be a little odd (no offense), but everything else was rather intriguing. I especially love the parts where she lost her vision and the skullheart injected daydreams into her head. The design isn't too bad either, that spear you drew looks badass.

Reactions: Kaname-madoki
Now if only I could draw something like that..... Haven't drawn pics in long time.

Who finally made themselves update the glossary on page 1? This person, that's who!

No excuses for the delay beyond busyness, but honestly, it's really awesome to read through these while archiving them. I couldn't sleep tonight so I thought I'd use the time productively, but it turned out being fun too. ^^; I'm glad people have been making neat designs and showing their ideas. :)

Going to comment on some of my favorites when I am less sleepy. :P

Hrm, curious. The page settings wiggled from 7 pages last night to 6 pages today and threw off some of the new links. I'll fix those in a jiffy.

Edit: Fixed and fixed.

Last edited:
Who finally made themselves update the glossary on page 1? This person, that's who!

No excuses for the delay beyond busyness, but honestly, it's really awesome to read through these while archiving them. I couldn't sleep tonight so I thought I'd use the time productively, but it turned out being fun too. ^^; I'm glad people have been making neat designs and showing their ideas. :)

Going to comment on some of my favorites when I am less sleepy. :P

Since you were the one who inspired me to make my own character I would love to hear what are your opinions on my design choices heh..It would be an honor!

If it's not too much trouble, I would really like to hear what you have to say about mine, too. It has come to my attention that I have a pretty unorthodox character design method (Both in general and regarding Skullgirls in specific), so I'm always eager to hear what other people think of my characters, especially when opinions are so hard to come by. Even if you didn't like them, I'd like to hear why so I could improve upon them!

I too wouldnt mind maybe a quick thing said about my character. if it wouldnt be too much trouble. you don't have to if you don't want to.

I too wouldnt mind maybe a quick thing said about my character. if it wouldnt be too much trouble. you don't have to if you don't want to.

Game-wise, ur character kinda sounds like MODODK or Dormmamu in UMvC3 in a way that she can create barriers and stuff with the clouds, and also the part where you mentioned her normals are terrible, as she isn't trained for hand-to-hand combat.

U sure your inspirations didn't come from them too?

I never really played MODOK as he didnt appeal to me, but that only means I never thought about him cuz I dont even remember what he does.

he could though. I'll need to look into it.

Since I'm waiting for my fightstick, I've made my first (!) Skullgirls oc, ahah. No art yet (busy drawing DIFFERENT characters from a story I'm writing), but I'll update when I do make some. A lot of this may change (this is her 5th revision), but thats because I change my mind a lot. All under the spoiler because I don't know how long this will be, ahahah....

Name- Aglaia Misguin + Kanta

Gender- Female, most likely Female

Birthday-May 6th, Unknown

Bio- Aglaia is just a normal girl, and a junior in High School. She's on the track team at her school. Having won several medals for her performance in hurdles, she's somewhat well known. However, she has a secret. A secret that makes her VERY paranoid. She is currently hosting a parasite, who calls herself Kanta. Kanta has one desire: to own EVERYTHING. And she's willing to manipulate Aglaia to the Skullheart to get it.

Appearances- Aglaia has long, red hair. She keeps it in a long ponytail most of the time. She has a very athletic build. Her red eyes are noticeable against her tanned skin. Her squared face contains a small nose and mouth. Normally, she just wears the school's uniform. The uniform is modified to tear apart in one motion when a certain string is pulled. This is to allow Kanta to be able to attack when needed. Kanta is located under Aglaia's breasts, and in the middle of her ribcage. Only her nose appears on a side view. Her black eyes give her a soulless look. Her pointed nose is striking, and her large, toothy smile is ridiculous.

Weapons- Aglaia has three weapons: Kanta, brass knuckles, and her legs. She honestly doesn't like fighting, but living in Maplecrest and hosting Kanta is dangerous. Kanta can do ranged attacks, while Aglaia focuses on hard-hitting melee attacks. Kanta shrieks and spits at opponents.

Likes- track, her friends, parties, swing, applause, rainy days, quiet nights

Dislikes- Kanta, her parents, being cold, being alone, the big city, politics, shot put

Other- Kanta barely provides anything outside of combat. She only talks and leeches off of Aglaia. She is also very good at persuasion.

Well, since so many people want comments on their character, I suppose I can take it upon myself to talk about some of them briefly.

@Sanoblaze
- I don't have much to say about Titania, really. Nothing exceptional, nothing bad. I will say, though, it's kind of surprising that her ability to manipulate dust is innate. I would think, as a general rule regarding Skullgirls, humans start out completely mundane, and gain freaky powers through events in their life (e.g., getting Synthetic Parasite prosthetics, becoming the host of an organic parasite, remote parasite, Living Weapon, so on and so forth). Unlike the current roster of SG, her power is both innate and untrained, and it makes a really stark contrast.
- Oh, yeah, and was her name intended to be a reference to Fairy Queen Titania, from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night Dream? Because if so, that's not really coming across very well.

@ChaosMaster42

- Sir Darian Vize's backstory rings similarly to Squigly's, where their ultimate objective is to destroy the Skull Heart so that they may rest at last. On top of that, it's not really explained why Sir Vize has to destroy the Skull Heart in order to be put to rest. Everything else seems pretty sound, though. And the whole "blast from the past" aspect of his character should make character interaction interesting.
- Visual design is very plain; he seems to be wearing casual clothing with no decoration whatsoever. It's fine, but it's...well, boring. Put him next to other Skullgirls characters, and he doesn't seem to have any exciting thing about him. I would personally remedy this by bringing back his knightly armor, but that's just me.
- Under his playstyle, "pores" is spelled incorrectly.

@Felarine
- The name is...definitely different, to say the least. Aglaia Misguin. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. And I can't help but notice that "Misguin" is very similar to "Misguided." Was that intentional?
- You begin Aglaia's bio by claiming she's "just a normal girl," then go on to mention that she's a parasite host, which makes her...pretty unusual. I would definitely change the wording of this.
- I like how you imply she would be a speed-oriented character by saying she participates in track (And then later say that her moveset puts a focus on legs, because, of course, any track runner is going to have stronger legs than arms). Implying things like that instead of saying them outright is a nice touch.
- It's basically been established that organic parasites replace a part of their host (Samson replaced Filia's hair, Leviathan replaced Squigly's eye, and Sekhmet replaced Eliza's entire skeleton). I can't tell from description if Kanta is following this "rule." If she isn't, you should either come armed with an excuse or quickly find a part of Aglaia's anatomy for her to replace (I might recommend a bone she broke during track, but don't let me influence you so much).

@Felarine
- The name is...definitely different, to say the least. Aglaia Misguin. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. And I can't help but notice that "Misguin" is very similar to "Misguided." Was that intentional?
- You begin Aglaia's bio by claiming she's "just a normal girl," then go on to mention that she's a parasite host, which makes her...pretty unusual. I would definitely change the wording of this.
- I like how you imply she would be a speed-oriented character by saying she participates in track (And then later say that her moveset puts a focus on legs, because, of course, any track runner is going to have stronger legs than arms). Implying things like that instead of saying them outright is a nice touch.
- It's basically been established that organic parasites replace a part of their host (Samson replaced Filia's hair, Leviathan replaced Squigly's eye, and Sekhmet replaced Eliza's entire skeleton). I can't tell from description if Kanta is following this "rule." If she isn't, you should either come armed with an excuse or quickly find a part of Aglaia's anatomy for her to replace (I might recommend a bone she broke during track, but don't let me influence you so much).
-1: To be honest, I haven't found a suitable name yet. Her name has been changed so many times. I'll try and keep looking for a good, meaningful one. As for the last name, I don't even know. She was named at about 1am, not the best idea. I just kind of rolled with it.
-2: Whoops. My 8th grade skills are showing. Will fix that, ahah.
-3: Thank you! One of my buddies is in track, and he was kind of a reference. I've never seen him do any feats of strength with his arms, so that was a thing for me to keep in mind. That's also why shot put is under her dislikes.
-4: I was considering her ribcage, but I'm not too sure.
Thanks man, always great to hear feedback. I'm still a youngin', I still got a lot to learn.

I would also like some criticism for my character, Wiglaf.

I would also love it if someone tried to draw him, my lack of artistic talent is so frustrating...

Reactions: Karlaaldana
If anyone is considering to grant that wish then please don't, your valuable time and skills are best spent elsewhere.

I don't deserve them, that is unless I were to pay for them.

If anyone is considering to grant that wish then please don't, your valuable time and skills are best spent elsewhere.

I don't deserve them, that is unless I were to pay for them.
Naw man, don't think that! You totally deserve it, I gave him a read-over and he seems interestin'! I would do an evaluation, but I don't think I qualify. I'll def. try to make some art though (a lot of these designs here are neat).

Reactions: Denizen
Naw man, don't think that! You totally deserve it, I gave him a read-over and he seems interestin'! I would do an evaluation, but I don't think I qualify. I'll def. try to make some art though (a lot of these designs here are neat).

He has a very detailed lore and explanation, I think he deserves at least a sketch.

@ChaosMaster42
- Sir Darian Vize's backstory rings similarly to Squigly's, where their ultimate objective is to destroy the Skull Heart so that they may rest at last. On top of that, it's not really explained why Sir Vize has to destroy the Skull Heart in order to be put to rest. Everything else seems pretty sound, though. And the whole "blast from the past" aspect of his character should make character interaction interesting.
- Visual design is very plain; he seems to be wearing casual clothing with no decoration whatsoever. It's fine, but it's...well, boring. Put him next to other Skullgirls characters, and he doesn't seem to have any exciting thing about him. I would personally remedy this by bringing back his knightly armor, but that's just me.
- Under his playstyle, "pores" is spelled incorrectly.

1: To be honest, I wrote up his back story before Squigly's was revealed. I also should clarify that destroying the Skullheart won't end his curse, he only thinks that it will. I was kind of writing it like the character descriptions for most fighting games were the characters' goals are stated.
2: Considering he can form armor from his bones he doesn't really need to wear a suit of armor around. That and he has been trying to keep a low profile, so him just wearing his armored pads, chainmail shirt and boots are a slightly better choice. I know it doesn't look like it but the picture I uploaded was just a pencil sketch.
3: Sorry about that, I didn't have my dictionary on hand at the time of writing that.

Thanks for the input, I have to remember to write things a bit more clearly next time.

-4: I was considering her ribcage, but I'm not too sure.
Thanks man, always great to hear feedback. I'm still a youngin', I still got a lot to learn.
Have the Parasite replace her diaphragm, the muscle necessary for breathing, an important muscle for runners.
The Parasite could warp and change shape with every breath she takes, it would be a cool effect.

Have the Parasite replace her diaphragm, the muscle necessary for breathing, an important muscle for runners.
The Parasite could warp and change shape with every breath she takes, it would be a cool effect.
Hm. I'll consider it! Seems interesting, and if it does make final cut, I'll mention ya.

Slightly off topic, we should have a chat or somethin' for this. That'd be interesting to do. Maybe a roleplay chat, then a discussion chat? I don't know, just throwin' stuff in the air.

As for my other Original Character named ShockBrave. I too would like a rating on it (or my other character) so far and what I could do to improve it.

A female scientist who was lonely and adored children, sought out a child of her own. Instead of getting married and reproducing an infant or adopting a child from an orphanage, she decided to make one by body snatching. Inspired by the movie Frankenstein, she visited graveyards and secretly defiled and dug them up them and robbed corpses, she collected body parts from these corpses of boys and girls (only the ones she dubbed "cute" or "snazzy") and returned to her laboratory to build a daughter and a son, getting away with this crime (though she was almost caught by police officers). She spent countless nights and days in the lab just to work on them, taking about 2 months before finishing. The final step to birthing them, was to get them shocked with lightning. Waiting for a stormy night to appear, she hooked up her children to a machine before the storm started so they could absorb the lightning and come to life. Unfortunately, the storm had become far more powerful than she expected, creating a huge amount of electricity that electrocuted her to death, before she could see her children's first seconds of life. For some odd reason, only the girl came to life, the boy remained silent and immobile (or did he....?)

Curious and new To the World, the girl explored the laboratory before stopping at the sight of her immobile "mother" and "brother", having no idea what she was doing. She left the laboratory eager to learn more about life, and came across a film crew (puzzled to have found organisms other than herself) family, who was coincidentally looking for an actor/actress to play as a monster in their upcoming horror film. At first glance, they mistook her as a human girl in a costume who wished to try out for the film, and they eagerly "accepted" her and took her inside their trailers. While filming, they found she didn't know how to speak, read, eat, or do anything (besides walking and breathing); and took her to the hospital to see why. The doctors looked at her insides with an x-ray, and then confirmed that she is in fact a real monster, not a human girl in a costume. Regardless, the family went back to the studio and schooled her all they could and had her perform in their film. Because of her naïve nature and being an actual monster, she was doubted to have a home, so they allowed her to live and reside in one of their trailers as thanks for her participation; though she had trouble figuring out how to sleep on the first night, until hearing a sleepy tune from a radio. When the film was finally released, it was a commercial success and easily became the best-selling movie in the entire Canopy Kingdom (soon spreading out to other kingdoms as well), which lead to her starring in even more movies soon after and becoming a popular star, extended her career to acting in plays eventually. Alban, the head of the family, grew attached to her and treated her like his daughter.

When not performing in movies or plays, she often snuck off into town on her own learn more about life, help others, or just have fun; which often endangered her own life (or at least she thinks she did) and got her into a lot of trouble. On some nights, she occasionally dreamed about the laboratory she originated from and had memories of the boy beside her that was supposed to be given life as well. One day the city of New Meridian had a blackout and only one building still had power for an anonymous reason, the lab she came from. ShockBrave wonders if her "brother" had anything to do with it, prompting her to explore the lab once again to find if he is still there, only to find he had vanished. After this, she shrugged and toyed around with objects and materials she found in the lab (in hopes of learning more), and she had discovered that she had powers of electricity after playing with a battery. Upon learning of this power, she immediately rushed to the city's power plant and sparked off electricity to bring power back to town, and decided to use her powers for justice: saving people in need around the city and even went as far to save a baby from a burning building, ending up burning herself and was sent to the hospital (though she stayed for a very short time and healed quickly). All of these feats earned her the name ShockBrave from Alban, and respect from Meridian's citizens; making her popular as a movie actress and a heroine. This caught the eye of the Medici Mafia, who sent Vitale to pay a visit to her home and offered her a chance to stay with them for awhile and a job. Vitale then shot a nearby deer eating grass in her lawn and killed it, threatening her or one of her family members with it if she refuses; which frightened her like crazy and she had no choice but to give in, not wishing to die just like that deer.

Now as an employee of the Mafia, she is forced to do all of their dirty work and no longer has time for acting, who knows what will happen with this new job? She is also still seeking the whereabouts of her brother, what has become of him? Fortunately, her adoring fans continue to support her and she retains her experience in acting, she will need all the help she can get from them if she ever wishes to return home. To be continued......

Name: ShockBrave
Sex: Female
Age: 6 years old, physically resembling a 13 year-old girl
Species: Undead, as she is made of corposes from human girls
Skin Color: Magenta
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Violet
Hair Style: Wound Down Ponytail
Height: 62 Inches
Weight: 102 lb
Clothing: Varies, due to the numerous films she appears in (has to change costumes every now and then). Casual outfit is:

- a Cerulean Skirt
- a Purple Shirt
- a pair of white ballerina shoes
- Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald earrings (reference to the GBA Hoenn Pokémon games) depending on palette swap used.

Speaks in a Light, Soft voice. Generally meant to be a "cute" teenage girl. As an undead creature, ShockBrave is resistant to things like knives, bullets, hammers, and other weapons. She unable to ever truly be "killed" as she is technically already dead, which also allows her to remove her body parts in a similar fashion to Ms. Fortune and still live on unharmed, which she uses to her advantage when acting in a movie when changing roles from time to time. She also doesn't need to eat food or drink water to survive (although she still does it anyway for health benefits) and lives off electricity into her body. This does not mean she is immortal though, as she is powered by the electricity from lightning since she was born, and if she were to ever lose it all, she would power down as if she were dead, although it isn't saying much considering how she can be recharged again.

• Watching and Acting in Movies
  • Wearing Costumes and Makeup
  • Being Popular
  • Everyone
  • Listening to Music, particularly lullabies
  • Fruits and Vegetables, especially Pineapples
  • Drinking Smoothies
  • Learning
  • Babies and Toddlers, with Babysitting being a hobby of hers
  • Happy Endings
  • Breaking the 4th Wall
  • Sleeping
  • Dreaming

Dislikes:
  • Insomnia
  • Martial Arts Movies, as well as Martial Arts in general
  • Death
  • Sad Endings
  • Candy and other Junk Food (because Alban tells her that these are bad for her teeth and stomach, will make her sick)
  • Loud and Noisy People, especially the In-Game Announcer
  • Nightmares
  • Guns and other violent weapons
  • Pranks and practical Jokes
  • Braggart
  • Fighting
  • Ants and Violence

Generally, ShockBrave is a fearless girl with friendly manners and is not scared of anything (except guns and people who use them). She often acts in a mature or sophisticated manner. She is generally well-liked and popular with the vast majority of the Canopy Kingdom because of her talents in acting and polite personality, and crowds often swarm her wherever she goes out in public. Her friendliness comes from liking just about everyone she meets, even malicious villains such as Valentine or Double. The nastiest thing she will ever say to anybody is: "What a terrible player!" if she wins a match; also occasionally insulting the in-game announcer for waking her up or pestering her. ShockBrave also has a strong affinity for infant babies and toddlers, her favorite kind of people to hang around because of their cuteness and innocence.

Because of her young age however, ShockBrave is shown to be largely unintelligent or dim-witted, having an IQ of 61 and being about as smart as a 5 year old kid; often relying on her friends and family to think for her. Because of it, she has a small sense of humor and never understands a joke or pun she is told, and hardly ever laughs. She is also shown to be gullible and naïve; which makes her relatively easy to trick, cheat, or deceive to with even the most obvious lies; which earns her the role of being a victim for pranks, plots, or schemes. She also has a high pain intolerance and dislikes being around sharp, pointy objects like needles and nails and is completely unaware that she is immortal. Despite this however, she is shown to be a quick learner for someone her age and doesn't take long to discover something new, usually from action instead of words (such as acting in movies or watching them). Many say that she has potential to be a very smart girl one day and she's already speeding there quite fast, but not in her present state sadly :(

To simplify this: ShockBrave has the Maturity, Appearance, and Bravery of a teenager; but the intelligence and naivety of a 5 year old.

Despite her low intelligence though, ShockBrave is a 4th-wall breaker and the only character in the game (or few if someone else already can) who knows she's in a video game, or at least the only one who openly makes references about it; usually by talking to or about the human player or the pestering in-game announcer. If she wins/loses a match, she might say things like:
  • " What a terrible player!" (reference to Street Fighter Alpha 3)
  • "If you have a job or homework to get to, you should do it. We won't go anywhere!"
  • "Guess we should.... head back to.. Training Mode." *crumbles*

Double: While the two don't really interact in the story, Shockbrave compliments her ability to shapeshift and states that she'd make a fantastic movie actress just like herself, maybe better.

Vitale: Threatened by him with a gun, Shockbrave acted as a lapdog for the Mafia because of him, committing numerous crimes for them and negatively affecting innocents in order to keep herself and her family alive. To blackmail her even more, Vitale took a picture of that deer he shot as a reminder of what will happen to her if she ever dares try to defy, betray, or rebel against the Mafia. He even had the deer's head moved into his office, mounted on a wall, with its brain sticking out of its head and everything.

In spite of all this, Shockbrave still holds no animosity or hatred towards him, just like everyone else she knows. She decides that he's at least tolerable when not making threats. She also found at least one advantage of working for him: Maybe he can help her find the whereabouts of her long-lost "brother". And even as one of their thugs, Shockbrave remains popular with the majority of the kingdom and still has their full support, since hardly anyone knows the truth about the Mafia anyway.

Cerebella: As soon as she was employed by the Mafia, she became a co-worker alongside Cerebella. The two quickly became heartfelt friends upon meeting each other, as they are both well known for their acting or performances in circuses. Unlike Cerebella, Shockbrave is well-aware of the mafia's true intentions and dark side, ultimately despising her role as one of their thugs. Vitale is the closest thing to a father Cerebella has and she constantly tries to earn his affections. Shockbrave knows this and for that reason, pretends to enjoy being one of the mafia's employees whenever Cerebella is around and often tries to help her impress her adopted dad, and often comes to watch her performances in the circus and always cheers her on.

Ms. Fortune: Also not a real interaction in the story, but thanks to her low intelligence and small vocabulary, Shockbrave has difficulty understanding any one of Nadia's pun's (which for her, is a good thing :P) and has absolutely no idea what she's doing.

Parasoul and Umbrella: Initially a fan of her movies, Parasoul is one of the few people who know Shockbrave works for the evil Mafia organization. She doesn't know why she turned to the dark side, but is still willing to arrest her and gain information from her. Not wanting to be sent to prison (fearing that Vitale would still murder her family, for ratting them out), Shockbrave retaliates against her and resists arrest as she felt she was still innocent (kind of), since she only joined thanks to a death threat. Umbrella who is still a fan of her movies (asking for her autograph and everything), wished to tag along just to meet her, and it pained her so badly to watch her fight her sister. Umbrella is also the one (accidentally) who informs Shocky about the Skull Heart; which gives her the idea to go an pursue it herself to revive all the people she murdered or to gain freedom from the Medicis, apologizing to the 2 princesses for the beatdown and then runs off to find the heart. This only prompts the red-headed princess to call for reinforcements to chase after her to try and stop her from making any wish.

They eventually meet again as soon as Shockbrave reaches the heart, attempting to shoot and destroy it. Shock blocks the way and refuses to let the princess destroy the heart, dubbing it as a living thing and she believes that all should be respected, even the bad ones. Parasoul then threatened to fire shot at Shock herself if she doesn't move, but she still refuses then the princess fires anyway, with Shock bravely (though painfully and reluctantly) enduring all of her bullets, losing her fear of guns as she didn't die like she thought she would. After the princess ran out of bullets, Shock then claims that if Parasoul destroys it, she's basically killing something: which would make her just as bad, if not worse, than the heart itself. She then agreed that it shock was right, and decided to leave the heart and instead, deciding to build a fortress around it so that no one can touch it, still keeping it alive at the same time.

Marie and The Heart itself: Upon reaching the heart, Shockbrave is soon stopped by Marie, who recognizes her as the Mafia's new lapdog. But because she was only employed by blackmail, Marie decides to hold back a little and wouldn't kill Shock. Shocky tries to persuade her into just talking about it, but she wouldn't budge. Though Shockbrave knew she wanted a wish with the heart, she didn't know specifically what to wish for once she got it, and also wondered if she was pure of heart.

After Marie is defeated, Shock decides not to make a wish and openly admitted that she isn't pure of heart, feeling guilty for all the crimes she committed (especially the murder of [insert name]'s family) to keep herself alive and, and can barely even forgive herself for doing it. She ultimately decides that making a wish to fix everything isn't worth the side effect of becoming the skullgirl: a tyrant with the mind-controlled ambition to conquer or destroy the world, which would make her endanger more lives than she already has. However, she treated the heart as a living being (since it can talk and has a face) and respected it, no matter how malicious or dark it may be; going as far to protect it from anyone who tried to "kill" it, particularly Parasoul. To her, destroying the heart would only make her murder yet another person's life, and that no one deserves death.

Pre-match:
1. A limousine drives on-screen and then a red carpet rolls out from it. ShockBrave walks out of the limousine, smiling waving to her opponent as the limousine drives offscreen.

2. ShockBrave is napping in her bed, awoken by the announcer and then exits the bed; pushing it offscreen.

Blocking:
When blocking attacks, ShockBrave uses a Clapperboard as a shield.

Infinity Breaker: ShockBrave shuts the Clapperboard to crush her opponents fingers and break from the infinites.

Last edited:

I would also love it if someone tried to draw him, my lack of artistic talent is so frustrating...
Ah, yes, old Wiglaf! You know, I really like him, but if you asked me why, I couldn't tell you. It might be the amount of depth in the backstory, which is very effective in making the reader understand and appreciate him as a character. It might be his versatile ability set, which makes him much like a traditional Skullgirls character. It might be that he clearly takes cues from Beowulf, but isn't really even based off of him. Seriously, people who want to build their character off of another existing character could learn a thing or two from you, 'cause this is how you do it right here.
I will say that (And this is technically separated from Wiglaf but it's still connected to him) the Wulf Pack being totally free of racial discrimination is...well, implausible. It would seem that all of that in canon is built up over years of keeping the other ethnic group down. Heck, Stan—Wiglaf's idol before Beowulf—fought against the Gigans in the Great War. I'm not saying it's a bad deal, but I don't see what in Wiglaf's character prompted it to be a primary feature of the Wulf Pack. But that is my one and only issue with this character.
By the way...I wouldn't mind someone trying to draw Eus and Alissa, either. *Shot*

Hm. I'll consider it! Seems interesting, and if it does make final cut, I'll mention ya.

Slightly off topic, we should have a chat or somethin' for this. That'd be interesting to do. Maybe a roleplay chat, then a discussion chat? I don't know, just throwin' stuff in the air.
I wouldn't mind trying to get a Skullgirls RP together (But I can't promise I'd participate). The only one we've seen thus far disappointed me in how comic it was.

As for my other Original Character named ShockBrave. I too would like a rating on it (or my other character) so far and what I could do to improve it.
- A take on Frankenstein, I see. Interesting that she didn't get the same treatment of "Monster! Abomination! Creature from Hell!" treatment that the original did...and perhaps somewhat unrealistic? Admittedly, I don't think I would have hated even the original just for being ugly, but why did society not give her the same treatment? Did her late "mother" go out of her way to subvert this by taking the most physically attractive pieces that would stitch together easiest? Could do with a bit more explanation in this department.
- The "ShockBrave" moniker is really just kind of silly. For one, it's not really a fitting name for anyone; for two, I'm not seeing what's specifically "brave" about what she did. I would give her a real name (Given to her by her fatherly producer) and make her "Shock" a nickname she earned for her efforts, but that's just me.
- There's a great deal of implied naivety in her character (Being very young, and being basically an actress since birth, and thus may have had a hard time distinguishing between real life and the movies), and I like how the Medici Mafia come in and break that so completely. I'm having a hard time grasping why exactly the Mafia was interested in her. She's a six-year-old girl who only recently discovered she even had powers; of what use could she be beside the likes of the deadly Black Dahlia? Kind of sounds like the Mafia is being evil for the sake of being evil.
I don't like giving ratings on characters, but if Dahlia marched up to me, pressed the barrel of her gun into my temple, and said "Give this character a rating, now.", I would probably give it a 7/10. The intent is there, and probably the passion as well, and there's the start of an idea that is potentially very interesting, but there are some important bugs to iron out first.

Hey I wouldn't mind someone critiquing Rosemary or Paprika
Hmm. I read through both of them, but I'm having a hard time finding things to say about either of them. The comical character has never been my area of expertise, so I barely feel comfortable saying anything at all about Paprika (Though I would like to say that the fact she throws a butter knife is kind of funny; her parents won't even trust her with an actual knife). Rosemary's not bad, but the aspect I was looking forward to most—her method of combat—isn't detailed. And, although I think combining Rosalie with Maria to get Rosemary was really clever...with both of their names being spices, it's kind of implied that the two would have some form of relationship; and yet, there is no indication of this.

Ah, yes, old Wiglaf! You know, I really like him, but if you asked me why, I couldn't tell you. It might be the amount of depth in the backstory, which is very effective in making the reader understand and appreciate him as a character. It might be his versatile ability set, which makes him much like a traditional Skullgirls character. It might be that he clearly takes cues from Beowulf, but isn't really even based off of him. Seriously, people who want to build their character off of another existing character could learn a thing or two from you, 'cause this is how you do it right here.
giphy.gif

I will say that (And this is technically separated from Wiglaf but it's still connected to him) the Wulf Pack being totally free of racial discrimination is...well, implausible. It would seem that all of that in canon is built up over years of keeping the other ethnic group down. Heck, Stan—Wiglaf's idol before Beowulf—fought against the Gigans in the Great War. I'm not saying it's a bad deal, but I don't see what in Wiglaf's character prompted it to be a primary feature of the Wulf Pack. But that is my one and only issue with this character.
I can explain that, it's actually not in Wiglaf's character to promote total racial equality. Despite his efforts to correct himself, Wiglaf always harbored an innate tendency to distrust Gigans. He's not perfect, the Grand War and the circumstances of his father's death made him a little bit racist.
However, it's not Wiglaf's character that introduced the value of racial equality in The Wulf Den. Remember that he was not alone in founding this group of freedom fighters. Wiglaf's nameless former teammate from high school is the one that keeps his friend in check. He's a moral compass that guides Wiglaf when he strays from the right path.
By the way this is off-topic but I may edit the story of Wiglaf and The Wulf Pack to include one more co-founder.

Hmm. I read through both of them, but I'm having a hard time finding things to say about either of them. The comical character has never been my area of expertise, so I barely feel comfortable saying anything at all about Paprika (Though I would like to say that the fact she throws a butter knife is kind of funny; her parents won't even trust her with an actual knife). Rosemary's not bad, but the aspect I was looking forward to most—her method of combat—isn't detailed. And, although I think combining Rosalie with Maria to get Rosemary was really clever...with both of their names being spices, it's kind of implied that the two would have some form of relationship; and yet, there is no indication of this.

Explaining the name
Rosemary the flower is associated with remembrance, at first I was gonna have Rosemary (the duo) trigger memories of Filia and Carol when they crossed Filia's path but I dropped that. It is also because Maria has no memory of her death other than Double caused it she's using Rosalie to find out the truth. Maria is Spanish for Mary, a famous name in religion which also goes with the Rose of Mary. Rosalie is whatever the Spanish equivalent is so that's it. Rosalie is based off Saint Philomena design wise.

As for the fighting style, Rosemary fights like Xiayou from tekken with religious themes such as Rosary Beads. Having two stances One puts Rosalie in front while the other puts Maria in front.

CHAOS_FANTAZY said:
- A take on Frankenstein, I see. Interesting that she didn't get the same treatment of "Monster! Abomination! Creature from Hell!" treatment that the original did...and perhaps somewhat unrealistic? Could do with a bit more explanation in this department.
- The "ShockBrave" moniker is really just kind of silly. For one, it's not really a fitting name for anyone; for two, I'm not seeing what's specifically "brave" about what she did. I would give her a real name (Given to her by her fatherly producer) and make her "Shock" a nickname she earned for her efforts, but that's just me.
- There's a great deal of implied naivety in her character (Being very young, and being basically an actress since birth, and thus may have had a hard time distinguishing between real life and the movies), and I like how the Medici Mafia come in and break that so completely. I'm having a hard time grasping why exactly the Mafia was interested in her. She's a six-year-old girl who only recently discovered she even had powers; of what use could she be beside the likes of the deadly Black Dahlia? Kind of sounds like the Mafia is being evil for the sake of being evil.
I don't like giving ratings on characters, but if Dahlia marched up to me, pressed the barrel of her gun into my temple, and said "Give this character a rating, now.", I would probably give it a 7/10. The intent is there, and probably the passion as well, and there's the start of an idea that is potentially very interesting, but there are some important bugs to iron out first.

1.First things first,
Admittedly, I don't think I would have hated even the original just for being ugly, but why did society not give her the same treatment? Did her late "mother" go out of her way to subvert this by taking the most physically attractive pieces that would stitch together easiest?"
Yep, only took parts of girls that were physically attractive, as mentioned in an early parenthesis of the story. Plus another part also mentioned: the first people she met in her life happened to be a family of film producers who were currently making a horror themed movie. I didn't mention this (though I tried to imply it), but the only problem was: they didn't have anyone to play as the monster in their movie, and they considered themselves lucky when Shockbrave just walked by them by coincidence. They mistook her for an ordinary human girl in a costume trying out to get the part (who spoke only in grunts and no words, just like a monster) , even though they hadn't yet started accepting auditions.. yet. Nonetheless they thought her "costume" was damn good and they dragged her into the film; feeling that she was so realistic, yet so cute. They didn't even find out she was an actual monster until after filming with her, and even then she didn't appear to be hostile during the filming, and didn't expect her to be that way anytime soon. And even if she was, she seemed to naïve to pose an actual threat an actual threat anyway; having the behavior of a newborn baby.

Another reason why I didn't portray her as an abomination is because Painwheel's story already has that part.

2. Shockwave + Brave = ShockBrave; its a pun, play on words. Parasoul, Ms. Fortune, and Painwheel's names are puns too; and several other fictional characters also have names based on puns (especially in the Skylanders series); so I thought, "why not make mine have a pun name too? If other people did it, I don't see how I can't". I had a hard time picking something else anyway. And keep in mind the story is still work in progress and not near complete, you'll find out what's "brave" about her soon enough; if you come back to see it anyway. But now that you mention it, I'll take the name "Shock" into consideration.

3. Story is work in progress, that should answer why the Mafia eyed her.. for now. But you're definitely right about the naïve implication, since I intended that part from the beginning anyway.

Thanks for the critique anyway though, I'll finish the story as soon as possible.

@CHAOS_FANTAZY I didn't expect you to put so much effort into giving constructive criticism of all these characters. Not only is it flattering, you're also very good at it. If it's not too much trouble on your part I would like to see even more character analysis from you.

Another reason why I didn't portray her as an abomination is because Painwheel's story already has that part.

2. Shockwave + Brave = ShockBrave; its a pun, play on words.

Two excellent points. It hadn't even occurred to me that it might look redundant next to Painwheel, and I didn't notice that her name was supposed to be a play off of "shockwave" (But I think making the "b" in Brave lowercase might help that come across better). Let this be a note for you, everyone asking me for feedback. Much as I try, I am not an unbiased, perfect individual.

@CHAOS_FANTAZY I didn't expect you to put so much effort into giving constructive criticism of all these characters. Not only is it flattering, you're also very good at it. If it's not too much trouble on your part I would like to see even more character analysis from you.

I like to give people the sort of feedback that I would like to receive. From one character designer to another, it kinda sucks to only get feedback like "This rocks!" or "This sucks!" or "CF, this is a terrible idea for a character and I have lost respect for you just because you thought of it." People don't want to hear that. If people did something right, they'll want to know what they did right so they can do it again; and the same principle with any flaws, so they can avoid them in the future. All character critique is is delivering on that.

And, well, not to toot my own horn, but I'd like to think I know a lot about character design. I've been designing characters for a few years now; I've accumulated over a hundred, and I would like to think they're all at least decent! True, I can make mistakes (I actually only just noticed a flaw in Mr. Eus & Alissa that I promptly fixed), but all-in-all, I'd like to think I can consistently make decent characters.

As for continuing to give feedback on characters, I'll do so for anyone who asks, in the same manner I already have.

I also thought of an alternate story for my first OC (the one with a parasite w/a split personality, also the one who still doesn't have a name at the moment: but this comment needs at least 5 likes before I tell that one, so I don't feel liked typed a lot of words for nothing with nobody around to see it.

After becoming so immersed in the Skullgirls universe, I began exploring a character concept—a male character, seeking to make history by becoming the first boy to wield the power of the Skull Heart. Of course, he himself would be unable to wish upon it in the first place, so I had to design another character, a female companion for him. The idea eventually snowballed off into the duo known as...
Mr. Eus & Alissa.

Backstory: From the youngest of ages, the two of these characters were interested in the Skull Heart. Baybel Eus, intrigued by the Heart's power, often fantasized of wielding its power. This fantasy, perceived as a pipe dream by others, branded him as "weird," and various events, including presenting his parents with a drawing of himself as "The Skullboy" at the age of eight, eventually led to his disowning, hoping that finding his own way in the world would make his abandon his silly dream. He found himself in the working class, barely higher than a Medici slave, and found work in a grueling mine, where he, a strong-minded man of the higher class, clearly did not belong. During an awful mining accident in which he was brutally injured, he chanced upon a Shaper's Stone, which, as he would soon discover, would allow him to reshape the earth into any shape of his choosing.
Professor Alissa, likewise, went into the scientific field in the hopes of studying the heart, but when her colleagues ridiculed her so, she turned her research to practical applications and aiding humanity. This led to the eventual invention of the Drill Suit, a high-tech piece of machinery worn on the entire body outfitted with drills, flashlights, explosives, and even rocket boots to aid in navigation. Some considered it a worthless endeavor—the suit was one size fits one, and Alissa used her own proportions to make it—but most agreed it was a fine work of scientific achievement.
Eus and Alissa first met shortly after the aforementioned mining accident: Alissa came to save Eus after hearing he had fallen into a chasm, only to find that Eus had found his own way out (Using his newfound earth-shifting powers). Afterward, intrigued by the other's accomplishments, the two began to do research on one another, and, like two private-eye investigators hired to follow one another, began a discreet campaign of observing the other. It was in this way that they learned much about one another. After discovering Alissa's fascination with the Skull Heart, Eus came to her and offered a proposition: they would become companions, learn to fight together, and when the next Skullgirl emerged, they would work together and defeat her. Alissa would wish upon the Skull Heart to allow Eus to wield its power, and once he became the "Skullboy" he always wanted to be, he would allow Alissa to conduct any number of studies upon him—within reason, of course. Alissa, intrigued by the proposition, agreed to work with him.

Appearance: Ha...haha...if only I could draw. Well, in general, Eus is tall and proud, but also has a fair muscle tone to him. His once-fair skin is stained with soot. His wavy black hair is cut short and parted down the middle. He wears sincere smile, but a fierce determination illuminates his hazel eyes. He dresses in a plain brown tee shirt and gray jeans, each of them equally soot-stained as his skin. Over this, he wears a black leather jacket, his one nice article of clothing. In contrast, Alissa's getup is clean and high-class. Her pale skin is untouched by the elements, her slender form a result of perfect self-maintenance. Her brunette hair is tied into a short ponytail, and her green eyes glow with a deep, thoughtful focus. The Drill Suit, which goes as far up as her shoulders, has caution lines at the base around every drill on it, and its high-tech, form-fitting chassis is a shiny orange color.

Fighting Styles: Mr. Eus and Alissa fight on a forced tag-team, sharing a health bar and switching out by way of one of their Blockbusters. Eus fights primarily by using his earthshifting powers, and is in general more strategic with his approach. He has many options for how he can go about hitting his opponents, and is more resilient to oncoming attacks. Alissa, on the other hand, is much quicker than Mr. Eus and has a higher damage output, but is more predictable in nature—she'll have to bumrush her opponents in order to be effective. In short, Eus is +Defense, +Range; Alissa is +Attack +Speed.

Blockbusters:
Mr. Eus's
Tag-In — Alissa (L1): Eus brings up a thin wall in front of him, and calls for Alissa before dashing offscreen. Alissa comes charging in with her drills, and smashes through the wall, sending low-damaging pieces of shrapnel in several directions.

Earth Waves (L1): Eus stomps the ground, causing the ground to vibrate in a sine pattern. Each wave does moderate damage to the opponent if it strikes, but dodging is simple enough—the top of each wave is the damaging point, so the opponent has to jump between the high points of the wave.

Tower of Babylon (L3): Shouting and lifting his hands into the air, Eus brings a great tower out of the ground before him. A shadow is cast by the tower, and a gap in the shadow denotes the safe place to hide from the attack. The tower falls over on the opponent, leaving them to either run for the safe point or get smashed for big damage.

Alissa's
Tag-In — Mr. Eus (L1): Alissa calls for Eus before drilling into the ground, leaving a hole there. A moment later, a cube shaped out of the ground rises out of that hole, and its sides explode outwards, dealing fair amounts of damage to hit opponents and revealing Eus within the box.

Drill Burrow (L1): Alissa drills under the ground, then pauses for a brief moment before reaching from the ground to grab her opponent's foot. If she connects, she will pull her opponent underground and attack them brutally with her drills; if she misses, she will uppercut out of the ground, doing significantly less damage should it connect.

Path Clearer (L3): Alissa launches her drills out of her Drill Suit, exploding on contact with anything they collide with. The drills are simple enough to dodge, but are arranged in such a way that if one hits, it will string the opponent into getting hit by the rest of them. After pausing for a brief moment, new drills slide into place on Alissa's Drill Suit.

Shared
Pangaea (L4): Alissa activates the rocket boots in the Drill Suit, and charges at the opponent (From offscreen if Eus is the active character). She can be dodged via altitude changes, but if she successfully hits the opponent, a long, high-damage melee combo where Eus and Alissa pass around the opponent and use their attacks together in devious ways ensues (Think like Double's Nightmare Legion, except only two people).

Inspiration: ...Not...much, actually. I wanted to build a team of two with powers that were not only both unique and "Skullgirls-esque" (In no other game would I find a power like Samson the hairisite), but complementary to one another. I considered what I could do, but I eventually decided that drills and earth-shaping would serve my devices nicely. Perhaps some of Mr. Eus's moves are loosely inspired by Earthbending from the Avatar series, and the idea of a Drill Suit was brought to mind by Tunnel Rhino (Mega Man X3), but I feel comfortable calling these characters their own things.

Dude, nice..... Its long, detailed, and didn't rely too much on inspiration. I have a few questions on it though:

1. Why exactly does Eus want to be a Skullboy? Is making History the only reason why he wants to be one, does he have a habit of trying to make records (so he could get in the Guiness World Record Book or somethin?), or does he want to destroy the world?

2. Personally, this is the biggest beef I had with your story (no offense): When he shared his dream to the people that was perceived as weird, why did no one do a damn thing about it? After all, becoming the Skullgirl/Boy would corrupt your mind and make you a monster with the intent of a genocide against the planet (or at least give you a dark heart). Did it not sound the slightest bit dangerous to them? Did they think about the consequences that could come if it came true? To make it worse, it is a girls-only artifact, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that he would need company from a girl for it to work; potentially endangering someone else's life, just to get his face in history books to show off and become famous (or rather, infamous, in this case) and look cool; unless his personality does not portray him as a showoff.
  • Why didn't the authorities attempt to arrest him for openly admitting such a diabolical dream? He can't touch the heart if he's far away behind bars.
  • Did no one attempt to murder him (with or without regret) to make sure that this crazy dream never happens?
  • Did they lack the heart or mind to warn him about the fact that he would turn evil?
  • Shouldn't somebody try to race him to the heart and try to get it first or try to destroy it? If someone beats him to the punch, he'll have to wait another 7 years to try again.
Originally, I thought I would've liked it better if you made Eus keep his dream a secret from everyone. But now, I think it'd be really interesting if you made him a wanted criminal in the story for such a mindless wish, with the Authorities (especially Parasoul) chasing his tail because of it. I'd love to see a criminal on the run.

But then again its your story, not mine. Like you said, don't let me be too big of an influence; though it'd be nice if you at least took what I into consideration. I do like one thing about this part though: It kinda reminds me of the cancelled Nickelodeon Show Invader Zim in a way. Zim is a space alien with the intent of conquering Earth, his adversary Dib tries to expose him and always fails, almost no one believes him. It's like the human race wants to be destroyed.

3. If they were actually put into the game and given their own story mode, what other characters in the game would they interact with from the dialogue cutscenes? Or would they have any at all?

Valentine?
Parasoul?
Peacock?

4. Eus promised Alissa to let her study him all she wants as soon as he becomes the Skullboy.. Is he aware of the side effect of having his mind poisoned by the heart, or that he'll spawn a desire to destroy the world?

5. Kinda identical to #1 but Speaking of Alissa, what does she plan to do with her research if she gets it? Use it as a battery to power up her inventions for eternity? Try to create her own Artificial Skull Heart (but maybe making it less.. evil)? Find a cure for anyone who gets poisoned by it?

Apart from these, I don't see anything else wrong, but that's just me. Hope ya like the critique you received.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHAOS_FANTAZY
Dude, nice..... Its long, detailed, and didn't rely too much on inspiration. I have a few questions on it though:

1. Why exactly does Eus want to be a Skullboy? Is making History the only reason why he wants to be one, does he have a habit of trying to make records (so he could get in the Guiness World Record Book or somethin?), or does he want to destroy the world?

2. When he shared his dream to the people that was perceived as weird, why did no one do a damn thing about it? Why didn't the police (or the Black Egrets) come to arrest him for openly admitting an evil dream, to make sure he never ever poses a threat to the world? Why did no one try to murder him to keep him from becoming a Skullboy?

3. If they were actually put into the game and given their own story mode, what other characters in the game would they interact with from the dialogue cutscenes? Or would they have any at all?

Valentine?
Parasoul?
Peacock?

4. Eus promised Alissa to let her study him all she wants as soon as he becomes the Skullboy.. Is he aware of the side effect of having his mind poisoned by the heart, or that he'll spawn a desire to destroy the world?

5. Kinda identical to #1 but Speaking of Alissa, what does she plan to do with her research if she gets it? Use it as a battery to power up her inventions for eternity? Try to create her own Artificial Skull Heart (but maybe making it less.. evil)? Find a cure for anyone who gets poisoned by it?

Apart from these, I don't see anything else wrong, but that's just me. Hope ya like the critique you received.

Woah, there, you didn't have to quote the whole post, now.

1. That...pretty much sums it up, actually. He has no objective for which becoming the Skullboy is a means; the Skullboy is the objective. If he was asked about it, he would probably simply say that he does indeed just want to make history and be remembered forever, or that he wants to see how the world will react to his success. There may be an underlying, subconscious motive to not destroy the world, but protect it (By being the Skullboy, he could prevent other Skullgirls from coming into the world—something that would almost certainly make him memorable), but it has not occurred to him that he could do this. You might find the whole thing childish, and you'd be right—Eus combines the dream of a child with the experience of an adult, and I feel like his unwavering determination on his one objective is one of his defining character traits.

2. He was only a child, and a male child at that; who in the world was going to perceive an ignorant child who can't even wish upon the Skull Heart as a recognizable threat?

3. Their greatest interactions would be of course with Marie and the Skull Heart itself; but it did occur to me that they didn't have a great deal to say to the rest of the cast. There would probably be some general overarching interaction with everyone, as, of course, everyone else who seeks the Skull Heart is also their foe, but that's probably not what you're looking for.
Eus, having had his run-in with the Medici, would probably have some special interaction with Black Dahlia whenever she gets in. To a lesser extent, Cerebella also follows this rule; being ignorant of the Mafia's true face, Eus may try (And fail horribly) to open her eyes. As for Alissa? It's become pressing to me that she doesn't have much of anyone to interact with. I really don't want to make her a Lab 8/Lab 0 scientist because I don't feel like she has any place being with either of those two groups (She's interested in researching the Skullgirl, not destroying her). Maybe I could write it in so she "borrowed" bits and pieces of each of their works in order to construct the Drill Suit? That would probably lower her reputation...to be closer to that of Eus. I might do that, actually, though I did want at least enough social standing between the two of them that people didn't see them as just a couple of scoundrels.

4. Eus firmly believes he can "cheat the system" when it comes to the Skull Heart (Normally, the target for Skullgirlification is the wish-maker, but what if the wish is to make someone else the target of that process?). Part of his campaign would probably involve reconfirming this belief when his mental image of the Skull Heart clashes with the other characters' view of it. Whether he actually can is intentionally left ambiguous.

5. Perhaps a cliched answer, but the best one is "D. All of the above." Whatever she can do with her research to aid society, she's going to do it. In truth, she is extremely frustrated with the Skull Heart, despite being (Or appearing to be) an ancient artifact, there is effectively no scientific research done on it. Obviously, destroying the Skullgirl isn't solving the problem, so a new approach is clearly warranted in her opinion. She's going to research it, learn everything she can about it, and if she can use that newfound knowledge to help society, great. If not...oh, well, maybe the next scientist like her to come along can. ...Whenever that'll be.

Thank you for that; I really appreciate being challenged like this, as it makes me think my characters through. Get inside their head, understand exactly how they think, all that good jazz. I love it.

John Doering
John is a bit of a mystery. He came out of nowhere and started a cosmetics company. In no time at all, the Doering Cosmetics Company had grown exponentially and John had earned a fortune. He doesn't just keep the money to himself, though. He gives frequently to charity and attends and holds many social events for these charities. But although he is very giving with his money, he is not so eager to give up his history. He is always seen with dark glasses on, and on occasion, will use his own products to change his appearance completely. Some people see this as a publicity stunt, others think that he has a dark secret that he wants to keep hidden. No matter the case, John has no intention of sharing his secrets with the public.

One of his secrets involves an underground network that helps parasite hosts. Since hosts are looked down upon by society, life can be unfairly cruel to them. So he has his network find hosts that are having trouble and does his best to help them, either by helping them conceal their parasites or by finding them a place to live where they won't be discriminated against. But dealing with parasites and hosts can be dangerous. When things get rough, he relies on his living weapon, Chameleon Tongue, and his closest friend and accomplice, Bob.

Due to the fact that John changes his appearance, sometimes to that of a completely different race, no one is completely sure if what they see is the real him. But when he goes out, he most often appears as an elf. He appears 6' tall and is thin. He likes to dress in suits (of all kinds and colors) and will usually wear a fedora. He always wears dark glasses, so his eye color is unknown. Generic, but stylish. ~('o'~)

Chameleon Tongue is a sword and sheath. The sheath has the ability to transform into almost anything of roughly the same shape and size. It cannot transform into another blade, though. John usually makes it look like a cane or umbrella.

John switches between two different stances depending on the form of his weapon. The first style, Umbrella Stance, is a quick draw style. He holds Chameleon Tongue, in the form of an umbrella, in his left hand and uses his right hand to quickly draw and strike his opponent before sheathing the blade again. This stance focuses on quick, powerful attacks, while using the umbrella to confuse opponents. The second style, Cane Stance, uses both the sword and sheath for offense. He holds the sheath in his left hand and holds the sword in his right. This stance uses the sheath (shaped as a cane) as a bludgeon, focusing on combos. He also uses some of his cosmetic products in combat. One example is when he uses his grab, he blows cosmetic powder into the opponents face before hitting them away with Chameleon Tongue.

:QCB::K: Stance Change

Umbrella Stance:

:QCF::P: John opens the umbrella and throws it a set distance before dashing in quickly, striking with his sword. Light punch throws the umbrella a short distance in front of him. Medium punch throws it at an upward angle. Heavy punch throws it a long distance in front of him. If the umbrella is hit mid-flight, it will fall to the ground.

:QCB::P: (Air-ok) John opens his umbrella in front of him. If the opponent strikes the umbrella, he performs a counter strike. Light punch holds the umbrella in front of him, countering Mid and Low attacks. Medium punch holds the it at an upward angle, countering High attacks. Heavy punch holds the umbrella in front of him, countering Mid and Low attacks, but he moves back slightly before attacking.

Cane Stance:

:QCF: :P: John changes the properties of the cane and swings it at his opponent. Light punch makes the cane longer. Medium punch increases its hardness and staggers the opponent. Heavy punch increases the density, causing a wall bounce.

:DP::P: John does a short hop and swings his sword upward with a mid hit and then hits with his cane on the way back down for an overhead hit. The power of the punch used determines speed and power. Light = Fast and weak. Medium = Average speed and power Heavy = Slow and strong

:QCB::KK: (Lvl. 1) John does a short jump backwards before making a long, low jump forward with a vertical swing of the sword at the end.

:QCF::PP: (Lvl. 1) John changes Chameleon Tongue into a large brush and hits the opponent with it several times in the face.

:HCF::PP: (Lvl. 3) John pushes Chameleon Tongue's transformation abilities to the limit, changing it into a large two-handed hammer. He does a large upward swing, hitting the opponent into the air and then hits them with a horizontal swing as they come back down.

Reactions: Moonshine Oats
John Doering
John is a bit of a mystery. He came out of nowhere and started a cosmetics company. In no time at all, the Doering Cosmetics Company had grown exponentially and John had earned a fortune. He doesn't just keep the money to himself, though. He gives frequently to charity and attends and holds many social events for these charities. But although he is very giving with his money, he is not so eager to give up his history. He is always seen with dark glasses on, and on occasion, will use his own products to change his appearance completely. Some people see this as a publicity stunt, others think that he has a dark secret that he wants to keep hidden. No matter the case, John has no intention of sharing his secrets with the public.

One of his secrets involves an underground network that helps parasite hosts. Since hosts are looked down upon by society, life can be unfairly cruel to them. So he has his network find hosts that are having trouble and does his best to help them, either by helping them conceal their parasites or by finding them a place to live where they won't be discriminated against. But dealing with parasites and hosts can be dangerous. When things get rough, he relies on his living weapon, Chameleon Tongue, and his closest friend and accomplice, Bob.

Due to the fact that John changes his appearance, sometimes to that of a completely different race, no one is completely sure if what they see is the real him. But when he goes out, he most often appears as an elf. He appears 6' tall and is thin. He likes to dress in suits (of all kinds and colors) and will usually wear a fedora. He always wears dark glasses, so his eye color is unknown. Generic, but stylish. ~('o'~)

Chameleon Tongue is a sword and sheath. The sheath has the ability to transform into almost anything of roughly the same shape and size. It cannot transform into another blade, though. John usually makes it look like a cane or umbrella.

John switches between two different stances depending on the form of his weapon. The first style, Umbrella Stance, is a quick draw style. He holds Chameleon Tongue, in the form of an umbrella, in his left hand and uses his right hand to quickly draw and strike his opponent before sheathing the blade again. This stance focuses on quick, powerful attacks, while using the umbrella to confuse opponents. The second style, Cane Stance, uses both the sword and sheath for offense. He holds the sheath in his left hand and holds the sword in his right. This stance uses the sheath (shaped as a cane) as a bludgeon, focusing on combos. He also uses some of his cosmetic products in combat. One example is when he uses his grab, he blows cosmetic powder into the opponents face before hitting them away with Chameleon Tongue.

:QCB::K: Stance Change

Umbrella Stance:

:QCF::P: John opens the umbrella and throws it a set distance before dashing in quickly, striking with his sword. Light punch throws the umbrella a short distance in front of him. Medium punch throws it at an upward angle. Heavy punch throws it a long distance in front of him. If the umbrella is hit mid-flight, it will fall to the ground.

:QCB::P: (Air-ok) John opens his umbrella in front of him. If the opponent strikes the umbrella, he performs a counter strike. Light punch holds the umbrella in front of him, countering Mid and Low attacks. Medium punch holds the it at an upward angle, countering High attacks. Heavy punch holds the umbrella in front of him, countering Mid and Low attacks, but he moves back slightly before attacking.

Cane Stance:

:QCF: :P: John changes the properties of the cane and swings it at his opponent. Light punch makes the cane longer. Medium punch increases its hardness and staggers the opponent. Heavy punch increases the density, causing a wall bounce.

:DP::P: John does a short hop and swings his sword upward with a mid hit and then hits with his cane on the way back down for an overhead hit. The power of the punch used determines speed and power. Light = Fast and weak. Medium = Average speed and power Heavy = Slow and strong

:QCB::KK: (Lvl. 1) John does a short jump backwards before making a long, low jump forward with a vertical swing of the sword at the end.

:QCF::PP: (Lvl. 1) John changes Chameleon Tongue into a large brush and hits the opponent with it several times in the face.

:HCF::PP: (Lvl. 3) John pushes Chameleon Tongue's transformation abilities to the limit, changing it into a large two-handed hammer. He does a large upward swing, hitting the opponent into the air and then hits them with a horizontal swing as they come back down.

Another umbrella user? Not bad, but I think it would look kinda redundant if you put him next to Parasoul, and even more redundant if Umbrella (Parasoul's little sister) gets added to the roster as well. This is just me; but I think that if you made him use a staff, mace, shovel, or something else instead another umbrella; it would've been cooler.

Hrm, I want to give some feedback as requested. My lunch break's almost over, but I'll get back to this after class and touch on the other two requested as well. :)

Since you were the one who inspired me to make my own character I would love to hear what are your opinions on my design choices heh..It would be an honor!

Really? :o Well, that's definitely an honor to hear, I'm really happy if you liked mine. :) That's the least I can do.

Karla seems pretty interesting (though I do agree that coming up with a good "stage name" for her would be useful). She definitely has a very well-developed backstory and the (synthetic?) parasite sounds cool. I think my main commentary would be that I'm sorta surprised she's not a Lab 8 experiment with those science/healing origins, but from the escape on, she integrates nicely. She sounds like she could have been a synthetic parasite beta test they wrote off as a failure lol. Aside from the tricky aspect of outside scientists having as good synthetic parasite research as the ASG Labs (which certainly isn't impossible and can be supported with good backstory), I like the write-up you did of her.

It's cool that she'd have an antagonistic relationship with the Lab characters too; I realized when I made Gardenia that it helps if your OC can have some links/interaction with the cast, though obviously nothing really deep or interconnected with canon. Like one of my headcanons now is that Gardenia has a hero worship crush on Hive, who she never actually gets close to because her plants freak out if they see a giant bee approaching them because they think it'll pollinate them. :P

Karla's I.N.K abilities sound really cool and could have a lot of neat callbacks to Venom or Bayonetta - sorta in between Filia and Double I guess? Or Filia but a lot crazier options. The 'split fighting' thing IMO might intrude a little too much on Eliza's gimmick with Sekhmet, but I think the rest of it is really strong as it is. I also really like her art pic! If you drew that yourself, you did very good. :)

If it's not too much trouble, I would really like to hear what you have to say about mine, too. It has come to my attention that I have a pretty unorthodox character design method (Both in general and regarding Skullgirls in specific), so I'm always eager to hear what other people think of my characters, especially when opinions are so hard to come by. Even if you didn't like them, I'd like to hear why so I could improve upon them!

Trying to become a Skullboy is a curious motive, lol. I guess it makes sense that girls wouldn't be the only one tempted by it, even if they can't use it. Overall, they both have a strong goal/motivation and you hit the goal of unique/complementary. I guess my main criticism would be the one you attested to yourself - they didn't have a shared inspiration, so they feel sorta unconnected aside from their shared motive, both in abilities/background. Which is rare for a tag character who are usually very closely/intimately linked. That's not an awful thing or anything, but it is worth noting. They come across as two different developed characters who just work together because they work together.

(Idle aside: the shaper stone thing makes me think of Feng and her birds being wind/geomancy elementals/feng shui, so I wonder if earth shaping would be related to that/Dragon Kingdom).

I like their abilities though; you added some neat features like different Level 3s for each and I like the Tower of Babylon one a lot (though personally I'd want it to be able to have different safe spots so it isn't predictable). Since they can only change by using Blockbusters, it might be worth making them good damage dealers though, otherwise they'd be really meter intense.

Check back tonight! :)

Check back tonight! :)

---

A few little updates on mine too that I don't think I ended up posting here:

sunnyrei_oc_reference_sheet_by_southpawper-d6lt48m.jpg
Source: southpawper on DeviantArt and here at Skullheart

Could not recommend him enough. He was really cool and supportive in working on this sheet and worked very closely with me trying to get it just right. Above and beyond the call of duty for reasonable commission price. ^^; I really liked how her move concepts turned out.

17_gardenia_by_elbrothertico-d72himm.jpg
Source: ElBrotherTico on DeviantArt

I'm still flirting with this one. I thought it might be good to give her a more interesting outfit than the white dress, but I'm not sure about it. That's definitely the current and final design of her Green Man Living Weapon watering can, though.

Trying to become a Skullboy is a curious motive, lol. I guess it makes sense that girls wouldn't be the only one tempted by it, even if they can't use it. Overall, they both have a strong goal/motivation and you hit the goal of unique/complementary. I guess my main criticism would be the one you attested to yourself - they didn't have a shared inspiration, so they feel sorta unconnected aside from their shared motive, both in abilities/background. Which is rare for a tag character who are usually very closely/intimately linked. That's not an awful thing or anything, but it is worth noting. They come across as two different developed characters who just work together because they work together.

(Idle aside: the shaper stone thing makes me think of Feng and her birds being wind/geomancy elementals/feng shui, so I wonder if earth shaping would be related to that/Dragon Kingdom).

I like their abilities though; you added some neat features like different Level 3s for each and I like the Tower of Babylon one a lot (though personally I'd want it to be able to have different safe spots so it isn't predictable). Since they can only change by using Blockbusters, it might be worth making them good damage dealers though, otherwise they'd be really meter intense.

There are already a lot of male/female two-person teams that wind up having a bit of a romantic relationship, due to their closeness; I didn't intentionally set out to subvert that, but I guess I sort of did anyway. There is an unmentioned bit of their backstory, where they learn to fight together and play off of one another's abilities in preparation for the next Skullgirl's advent, so they at least have the essential two-person team skill of working together effectively.
I did want Mr. Eus and Alissa to seem more like a pair of individuals and less like two halves of the same person, something I feel like I succeeded at pretty well. I suppose that the inevitable conclusion of their deal could be seen as having some romantic undertones, though...I mean, there's a certain level of trust and respect that comes with letting someone research you like a test subject.

As for the Shaper's Stone, I conceived it as some divine implement that was originally used to craft the entire world into the landforms we know as we know it (And Eus has only a piece of the original), but it might find mention in Dragon Kingdom mythology as well/instead.

---

Thank you very much for the kind words! In exchange, I can say some words about Gardenia. I really am fond of her "Little Shop of Horrors" motif she has going with Green Man; it makes a very effective power that could easily have a whole moveset squeezed out of it. She doesn't have a super-engaging or wildly complex backstory, but I think it's effective for what she is: a simple gardener (Something I think is very well reflected by her plain white dress and sun-hat aesthetic—I really like how she looks, I don't think you should change it).

One thing that randomly came to mind; her fighting style is probably going to be thematically the same as Filia's, where it's really just (Filia/Gardenia) getting dragged around by (Samson/Green Man's plants) while they do all the real work. Like you said for me, not really sure it's a bad thing, but I thought the parallel was worth pointing out.

17_gardenia_by_elbrothertico-d72himm.jpg
I like this design a lot more. Gardenia is in the top ten of my favorite Skullgirls OCs but I always thought that her white summer dress was a little too simple. This new design has a lot more going on and it feels more down to earth.

I like this design a lot more. Gardenia is in the top ten of my favorite Skullgirls OCs but I always thought that her white summer dress was a little too simple. This new design has a lot more going on and it feels more down to earth.

May I ask ur other top tens?