• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Does this mean kanchou mixups are faster

Does this mean kanchou mixups are faster
Sure sounds like it
Sure sounds super unnecessary, too

Combo into Kanchou is deadass easy where it works
And I don't really feel like it needs to work anywhere else
Don't really understand what this change is for
Maybe it's just a miniscule speedup, so you don't get your combo blocked for hitting with sHP from one pixel too far away or similar?

I thought sHP xx Kanchou was finicky? Like not working on some crouching finicky.

Reactions: Icky
I thought sHP xx Kanchou was finicky? Like not working on some crouching finicky.
It doesn't work on BigBand, stand or crouch, since he's too fat and Kanchou takes too long to get around him. Pretty sure that's the only exception.

Congrats to the Skullgirls community for not liking fun things. Keep up the good work guys.

I don't know why you'd care about tech and combos
99.9% of the SGC are so low on everything that you should be able to figure out equally strong stuff within half a day (or wait until someone else does and copy it)
- Aside from the fact that it would likely have been possible to have the new SJs only when done in neutral, not after Launchers, so it would largely not touch your combos/"tech" at all

What's relevant is how changes like that affect the neutral game

A valid response would be something like
"Higher SJs were fun in a stupid way; but made the neutral rather one-dimensional since they dodge every move for free (as nothing is built around people being able to get that high on the screen). They also were way easier to utilize for some characters (Val!!) than others, which shifted the game's balance in a way that would need a number of further adjustments - additional work that I don't feel is justified for a change that adds 'a bit of stupid fun' and might potentially break the neutral entirely. On top of that, I have a personal aversion to not being able to see both characters on the screen at the same time."

I don't know what part of "Almost all my tech and combos don't work anymore" do you find fun.
You find new ones, just as we have for nearly every update up to Encore. It is not too hard to find new functional things in this game in a relatively short time.

In fact, the process of finding new things after old ones either broke or were no longer efficient was very fun. The SDE->MDE->Encore era killed combos/tech on an daily-weekly basis and we just made new ones.

I don't dislike fun things myself.

I dislike losing everything I've learned in the last two years.
Surely you learned things that wouldn't be broken so easily. Almost everything I did since Encore works fine with both 55% and 25% SJ, mostly only needing timing changes. But even if they did somehow all break, I'd just learn new ones.

Neutral changes are far more significant than combo/tech loss to be honest.

The change didn't just change things like from vanilla to sde to mde to Encore.

It changed things that worked since vanilla. It's an enormous change.

The neutral was fun, and if there's a sequel I'm all for it.

Stop talking about the combos being changed. It slowed a lot down because of the lack of tools to combat it, ignoring stuff on the ground was really good and the stalling you can do up in the air. I think it just made combat harder being so high.

Mike can superimpose a 2 at the title screen at any point, saying save for SG2 is a weird thing.

Mike can superimpose a 2 at the title screen at any point, saying save for SG2 is a weird thing.
Save for a game that was designed to have such mechanics from the beginning instead of one which most certainly requires a sizable of adjustments because of its inclusion. A sequel, for example.

Don't really understand what this change is for
From what I understood by watching the twitch archive where the change was announced, its purpose was to make s.hp xx kanchou work on big band.

s.hp xx kanchou also doesn't work on crouching beowulf

From what I understood by watching the twitch archive where the change was announced, its purpose was to make s.hp xx kanchou work on big band.
mikez wants to make the most optimized/efficient/damaging/easy combo universal?

Bella never getting damage nerfs ever confirmed.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Cerecopter damage was adjusted too (~250 less damage at max scaling), so here's your nerf.

Can you not?

Reactions: Mr Peck
Cerecopter damage was adjusted too (~250 less damage at max scaling), so here's your nerf.
hmm...
probably means no more 1v3 ToDs with the current combos.

challenge accepted.

Maaaan... I may actually have to learn optimized bell stuff to get damage now.

Maaaan... I may actually have to learn optimized bell stuff to get damage now.
Bella already does more damage than anyone but big band, surely losing 250 damage (500 damage in optimized 2 bar combos) is not that big of a deal???

I'll gladly trade that damage so I no longer get a blocked kanchou after st.hp because crouching bella and a few other characters that are so fucking finnicky.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
Bella already does more damage than anyone but big band, surely losing 250 damage (500 damage in optimized 2 bar combos) is not that big of a deal???

I'll gladly trade that damage so I no longer get a blocked kanchou after st.hp because crouching bella, and a few other characters that are so fucking finnicky.

Well with 250 less her basic universal B&B is ~7250 for one bar which isn't all that impressive really. She needs those optimized combos to actually get good damage. This was true without the Copter nerf its just more obvious now.

Haha even more reason not to go with cerecopter assist now, back to LNL I go then.

Also while half-health may seem like a lot 7.2K, does seem a smidge low for a Cerebella BNB but I'm not complaining (Plus she has more damaging universal bnbs I'm sure). If anything it's more reason for me to try and do the s.hp konchou BNB more often.

Last edited:
Noooo one of if not the best lockdown assist got a damage nerf when it horribly scaled already. :(

Sorry that your insane bnb's got nerfed by a couple hundred or so, as a Parsoul player I must apologize on behalf of my fellow high damage character.

She already had a damage nerf, though :^). Just wait until she loses Titan Knuckle.

On the subject of this weeks change-a-roonies: Cerecopter gets you positioning if you don't follow up with it as an assist. Cerecopter gives you positioning ANYWAYS on point since you can Blockbuster.

Do not be upset over the dmg -250 nerf. It's slightly significant but not a game killer. You have PLENTY of other tools, trust.

Last edited:
She already had a damage nerf. Stop worrying about Damage. Cerecopter gets you positioning if you don't follow up with it as an assist. Cerecopter gives you positioning ANYWAYS on point since you can Blockbuster.

I can't actually believe people are that upset over the -250 nerf. It's somewhat significant but not a game killer. You have PLENTY of other tools.
I think you're talking about that to the wrong person.

I should really stop posting, I suck at it so much I just keep getting misunderstood.

Still, your points are all valid, but next time make sure you don't misclick and reply to me instead of Jason.

Reactions: Dime
Oh, Alrighty. My bad bruv <3

Noooo one of if not the best lockdown assist got a damage nerf when it horribly scaled already. :(

Sorry that your insane bnb's got nerfed by a couple hundred or so, as a Parsoul player I must apologize on behalf of my fellow high damage character.
I honestly believe Eliza's lockdown assists are better than Copter. H Spiral does 1k chip for fuck's sake.

Reactions: Izzmo and mcpeanuts
I honestly believe Eliza's lockdown assists are better than Copter. H Spiral does 1k chip for fuck's sake.

You can push block it in the middle to shove her away and the 2nd part will whiff.

Against somebody who knows the matchup you'll get like 480 chip and half the lockdown time in most situations. Generally I find it worse than Cerecopter.

Reactions: Arcana

Don't they take meter though? I'm beyond ignorant but if they don't yeah that sounds good too bb.

Go into training mode, turn on advanced hitboxes.

Re-evaluate your position.

Not that HK Osiris is at all bad, it is pretty great too, but having high chip doesn't make it better, for pure lockdown it is easier to get off you, as a neutral assist Cerecopter is WAY more oppressive.

Don't they take meter though? I'm beyond ignorant but if they don't yeah that sounds good too bb.
Takes up a good chunk of meter

Only Sekhmet attacks cost meter (even when used as assist moves). Osiris Spiral doesn't.

i think Butcher's Blade is much better lockdown than Osiris Spiral, while it does a lot less chip (around 300) it cant be push blocked out of im pretty sure, but it does use up around 1/3 of a bar

(also is pushblocking Sekhmet supposed to to give Eliza meter?)

That would require me playing Eliza anchor though.

No need because fucking BELLA YEEEES.

CLK is just the tip <3

Reactions: Skullmageddon
Only Sekhmet attacks cost meter (even when used as assist moves). Osiris Spiral doesn't.
You can use it without meter tho, even as assist.

Reactions: Bombad
Go into training mode, turn on advanced hitboxes.

Re-evaluate your position.

Not that HK Osiris is at all bad, it is pretty great too, but having high chip doesn't make it better, for pure lockdown it is easier to get off you, as a neutral assist Cerecopter is WAY more oppressive.
I was also considering hitboxes. Cerecopter's vulnerable boxes extend to the edge and sometimes out of its active boxes in particularly vulnerable areas, whereas Butcher and Spiral are way safer and more visually disjointed. There's basically no way to trade with the Eliza lockdowns, while it's possible to actually BEAT Copter.

Reactions: Mr Peck