• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Well you're the peacock player. I'm sure its more enjoyable to be stuck in one spot and being unable to teleport ever when your assist is on screen.

Is that cross up really so strong that the character has to actually get nerfed tho?
No, and that's not what I've been arguing =/ I just want it to be consistent.

Guys if you can't block that mix up even when it takes peacock forever to set it up now then welp

Blocking a SLOW TELEPORT CROSSUP? Woah, slowdown man, I'm not quite on the level yet

If it's any consolation, timing your teleport wrong and not knowing which side you'll end up on with H LnL is kinda like a mixup lol

If it's any consolation, timing your teleport wrong and not knowing which side you'll end up on with H LnL is kinda like a mixup lol

peacock tells you what side she's going to be on. Unless peacock still says she's teleporting behind you and then doesn't lmao

peacock tells you what side she's going to be on. Unless peacock still says she's teleporting behind you and then doesn't lmao

I think if you teleport too early she uses the appropriate audio cue to indicate that she's teleporting in front of you instead of behind. I wasn't really paying attention when I was testing it out though and it sounds like something that could have been missed...maybe someone should give it a quick check lol

To be fair, when can you ever hear game audio clearly at locals and tournaments?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
To be fair, when can you ever hear game audio clearly at locals and tournaments?

What locals and tournaments?

But seriously, you can plug in your headphones into the monitor so you can hear it so that's not an excuse.

What locals and tournaments?

But seriously, you can plug in your headphones into the monitor so you can hear it so that's not an excuse.
Most monitors don't have two headphone ports, so that would make it so one player had sound and the other didn't. Inichiyo was doing this at Evo, but as I recall the way they ruled it was any player could refuse to let him plug his headphones into the monitor.

You can buy a splitter for like a dollar lol. The audio won't be as good but you'll still have it. Not a valid excuse

Most monitors don't have two headphone ports, so that would make it so one player had sound and the other didn't. Inichiyo was doing this at Evo, but as I recall the way they ruled it was any player could refuse to let him plug his headphones into the monitor.
this would be me. i'd rather we both try to barely hear a thing rather than he hears everything and i literally don't hear a thing

Just bring a splitter. Or buy one at the airport if you like spending extra.

You can buy a splitter for like a dollar lol. The audio won't be as good but you'll still have it. Not a valid excuse
Even if you have a splitter, I'd assume the other player could still refuse if they didn't own a set of headphones to plug into it.

Even if you have a splitter, I'd assume the other player could still refuse if they didn't own a set of headphones to plug into it.

Don't worry I've come prepared with 2 sets of headphones for just the occasion. I will not be denied my right to listen to peacocks teleport

Don't worry I've come prepared with 2 sets of headphones for just the occasion. I will not be denied my right to listen to peacocks teleport
How thoughtful of you

My arcade stick has a headphone port. Don't most? I've never used it though, so maybe it doesn't work as I'm expecting?

My arcade stick has a headphone port. Don't most? I've never used it though, so maybe it doesn't work as I'm expecting?
i'm assuming you have a 360 stick or an eightarc. those are only for xbox live mics. they don't actually let you listen to game sound. they're only for talking to other people on xbox live. if this is not it then i have no idea what you're talking about

No, and that's not what I've been arguing =/ I just want it to be consistent.
Oh I wasn't contesting you, just happened to post right after ^^'

I just don't like the teleport nerf, I don't think it's necessary at all.

So was testing the Peacock teleport thing. It kind of does seem to heavily favor HP LnL but it works with other assists too.

Eliza's Butcher Blade and Carpenter's Axe can both be made to cross up in close quarters. Attacks that travel a long distance like HP Brass Knuckle and HK Hornet Bomber can also cross up from a good distance away.

I am obviously okay with how the teleport works now but I do sort of agree the nerf in the first place wasn't really needed. Despite what some may say, it's a rather easy to see mix up as Sage and SF avoid it quite a lot and if it gets punished it tends to lead to happy birthdays. Besides other characters can do much better mixups or other things with their mobility with assists than Peacock can do with her teleport.

Also while the c.mk pulling the foe closer is interesting, I feel I can use it much more often during combos now.
I love random, and I love all the stages, losing one from random makes me a sad fox.

Reactions: Midiman and Ryin
yea i think that removing a stage from random just because some people dont like the music or the way it looks is possibly the worst reason to remove a stage. personally i dont like a lot of the custom donation characters or the music on the under the bridge stage but i wouldnt fucking dream of requesting they get removed.

i dont agree with teleport+assist being an easy to see mix up in the slightest. sure you can see that they are doing it, but blocking in the correct direction is literally a guess. also how would one get happy birthdays from it when the assist is now behind your character?

Reactions: Midiman and Ryin
Suppose it does depend on the character, but a well timed jump back and a move like Cerebella's j.hk or Fukua's j.hk can be devastating. Not saying the option isn't relatively safe in most aspects but it can be beaten/avoided. Seriously, against Sage the teleport+assist is mostly just a means to change sides and not much else as he easily avoids it by jumping and then pressuring. I just think other Peacock players should be able to asisst-teleport cross up too.

personally i dont like a lot of the custom donation characters or the music on the under the bridge stage but i wouldnt fucking dream of requesting they get removed.

You are a monster

But yeah I kind of mirror the point that mcpeanuts was making in regards to the peacock teleport. I think it should be either all assists let you crossup teleport or none just to be consistent.

I think technically his pants posted that.

Beta-related post: The superjump sound-effect is a bit low-fi. I wouldn't mind if it stays but it doesn't seem like it fits with the rest of the game's sounds.

I think technically his pants posted that.

Beta-related post: The superjump sound-effect is a bit low-fi. I wouldn't mind if it stays but it doesn't seem like it fits with the rest of the game's sounds.
i was about to say. it sounds too "hollow" for a jump if it was an octave lower and more........like you stomped into the ground to take that super jump i would LOVE IT

I was more thinking if it sounded more like Gundam jumps that would be cool. That pshooeeeeeee man

Reactions: Midiman
Agreed on the super jump sound though admittedly I barely heard it while playing.

I am obviously okay with how the teleport works now but I do sort of agree the nerf in the first place wasn't really needed. Despite what some may say, it's a rather easy to see mix up as Sage and SF avoid it quite a lot and if it gets punished it tends to lead to happy birthdays. Besides other characters can do much better mixups or other things with their mobility with assists than Peacock can do with her teleport.

Also while the c.mk pulling the foe closer is interesting, I feel I can use it much more often during combos now.
I love random, and I love all the stages, losing one from random makes me a sad fox.
Sage and I discussed this just the other day. It was stupid but like, you could see it coming lol. Its reaaaaally easy to see

Reactions: dead
I think you're downplaying it a bit too much. It gets you out of the corner, it gets you a (slow) mixup, and even if the mixup fails you're super plus on block so you can do another mixup right after it. Most importantly you can do it from long range.

I mean, if the mixup sucks then why are peacock players doing it like 50 times in a match?

I can't tell which side Peacock's gonna show up on, so I just 360 if she teleports with an assist like lnl.

Does anyone else think that beta Silent Scope looks really wonky when you shoot someone out of the air? I don't disagree with the balance reasoning behind it, but the move itself looks downright strange now. Get shot out of the air, VERY QUICKLY fall to the ground, land perfectly on your feet, then slowly crumple to the ground... it looks unnatural.

Reactions: Sydoh
It does look unnatural. But anytime I say "I don't like the way this thing looks" no one listens, so I've stopped mentioning those things.

Holy shit, make a new thread to talk about the stages and random select.