• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Moved derailed posting to the other more appropriate thread. Keep this thread related to beta related discussion which isn't that hard to do.

Just gonna say this as an FYI here. If some of you here are unsatisfied [to put it nicely] with the response speed to problematic messages then report the posts. Bitching about in an empty void accomplishes nothing. Help us help you. Makes it easier to spot the problematic messages. If your reporting then it would be appreciated it you cut back on derogatory insults that comes with the reporting. Doesn't exactly inspire an increased amount of effort on our part if we have to deal with people that has a false sense of entitlement as well.

We will get to the report when we get to the report which is one of the more important duties as a mod. In this case I dealt with this specific report of derailment here roughly 10 min after the report went live. There are hundreds of threads on this forum and moderation is a small group of people so apologize if you expect us to crackdown on shit for X thread the moment it touched ground without having to stumble onto the issue ourselves. We can't realistically prevent shit, but we can respond accordingly after it happens. Thank you for understanding and feel free continue to discuss on the relevant topic again.

There's only one beer left
rappers screaming in our ears like we're deaf

Reactions: b0nk
Incoming changes from salty.
- Dive of Horus doesn't cause OTG anymore. You'd best be learning some links.
- Wrong-block notifications are in. These only appear when you attempt to block something incorrectly and no other time. Currently, for lows, an ?! Appears, for highs, a heart being broken does. They're not final and they most likely will want input through testing.
- Beowulf Wulf Tackle now has an accompanying effect. Super saiyan.
- I forget the rest, if any
- Oh Beowulf has charselect and loading art

Thought thatd be neat to know

Apparently, a rule for projectiles [that are high] is that they do not cause ground bounce.

I don't like the change though. It isn't bad in that it will make Eliza worse, it just removes options from her pressure game on the ground that actually lead to good rewards.

OK, I'm gonna read this thread from here again, so if you said anything since approximately Dec 20th I didn't see it because I can only stand so much.

I was too tired to do changes yesterday because that crash is driving me crazy. I have no idea why it's happening.

Filia vulnerable boxes on first active frame of s.HP are back to retail, 2nd-3rd active frames and recovery still have 'em. First far active frame of c.HP vulnerable boxes shrunk, recovery etc still has 'em.
Also Double's L Bomber was improved - goes only slightly less far than retail L Bomber, still startup invincible, still only 2 hits, still faster startup, knocks up slightly higher on hit.

Already: no OTG off L Shadow, no OTG off Throne of whoever, no OTG off chair kick, all the low-hitting projectiles.
So, no OTG off Dive, and no OTG off (you know what I'm gonna say here) H Shadow (with slightly longer hitstop) seem only fair. You can still COMBO off them, you just have to be more awake than c.HK.

is there any chance i can get frame data for player 2 in training mode?

also dive of horus assist covers the point character

@Mike_Z
Feedback on the health change + cerecopter damage nerf : practical ToDs are still a thing for solobella vs trios.

- The kanchou BnB is now universal and is a ToD 1v3 for 2 bars and a c.lk starter (so 40% of the stage is still pretty much a death zone for everyone).
- version with an additional devil horns side switch will also kill lights and make the death zone cover something like 70% of the stage.
- corner still means death for lights, Eliza and beowulf but the combos are way less practical (still doable reliably for lights, but kinda hard, so why anyone would care enough to learn it?).
- corner ToDs for 2 bars, c.lk starter, no jump-in, no counter hit aren't possible anymore on heavies, parasoul and cerebella. Though I think everyone can die with an instant j.hp starter but I'm not sure.

• midscreen, universal :
c.lk c.mp s.hp kanchou
c.mk
j.mp j.hk
s.hp pummel horse
c.mp s.hp run stop
s.lpx2 s.hk copter dynamo
(lights) c.lk c.mp titan knuckle copter dynamo --> 15593 damage
(mediums and double) s.lk c.mk titan knuckle copter dynamo
(big band) s.lk s.mp titan knuckle excellebella dynamo

• midscreen, all lights :
c.lk c.mp s.hp kanchou
devil horns
c.mk
j.mp j.hk
s.hp pummel horse
(corner carry) c.mp s.hp run stop
s.lpx2 s.hk dynamo
c.lk c.mp titan knuckle copter dynamo --> 15601
(damage) c.mp s.hp copter dynamo
c.lk c.mp titan knuckle copter dynamo --> 15783

• corner, all lights :
c.lk c.mp c.hp
j.hp
c.mk kanchou
s.mp kanchou (c.mp may be needed for some chars, but it will kill anyway)
excellebella dynamo
titan knuckle devil horns
s.lk c.mk devil horns
s.lpx2 s.mp s.hk copter dynamo --> 15839

• 2nd combo corner, all lights :
c.lk c.mp c.hp
j.hp
c.mk kanchou
devil horns
j.mp j.hk
s.hp pummel horse
s.mp copter dynamo
s.lk c.mp titan knuckle copter dynamo --> 15509

• corner, eliza specific :
c.lk c.mp c.hp
double jump j.hp
c.mk kanchou
c.mp titan knuckle kanchou (please excuse my swag)
excellebella dynamo
s.lk c.mk
j.mp j.mk
s.lpx2 c.mk titan knuckle copter dynamo --> 15598

• corner, beowulf specific : (recorded in the latest version of the beta, so it works with his current hurtboxes)
c.lk c.mp c.hp devil horns
c.mk devil horns
excellebella dynamo
s.mp c.hp devil horns
s.lk c.mk devil horns
j.lpx4 j.hp (one less hit of j.lp and it won't kill)
s.lpx2 c.mk titan knuckle copter dynamo --> 15510

Last combo is only there to give a background for the text, please disregard.

• best damage I got on parasoul in the corner : 15350
c.lk c.mp s.hp run stop
c.mk kanchou (oh boy that shit is hard)
s.hk (one hit) kanchou
excellebella dynamo
c.mp c.hp devil horns
s.lk c.mk devil horns
s.lpx2 c.mk titan knuckle copter dynamo

• best damage I got on cerebella : 15250
c.lk c.mp c.hp
j.mp j.hk
c.mk kanchou
c.mp kanchou
excellebella dynamo
c.lk c.mk titan knuckle devil horns
s.lpx1 c.mk titan knuckle excellebella dynamo

• best damage I got on double : 14939
c.lk c.mp c.hp
j.mp j.hk
s.hp run stop
s.mk s.hp pummel horse
s.lk c.mk titan knuckle copter dynamo
s.lpx2 c.mk titan knuckle copter dynamo

Possible damage on BB is even lower, didn't even tryhard on him.

Can we get colored squares for advanced frame data to show which frames armor is active? [A different shade of green or something]
Not easily, no, because everyone's armor uses different variables. Eventually, probably.

is there any chance i can get frame data for player 2 in training mode?
Also not easily, no. :^P
also dive of horus assist covers the point character
Oh hey, good call.

@Mike_Z
Feedback on the health change + cerecopter damage nerf : practicle ToDs are still a thing for solobella vs trios.
[/SPOILER]
Agh! Oh well I had a thing on the list that we'll see if it helps this generally.

eh heh heh, oh Dragonos. always making them ToD still possible in SG. I would just like to add, Mike, that the low hit effect is a very nice touch to the game, the broken heart overhead effect I'm kinda on the fence but hey, can't be too picky about this sorta stuff. Sorry about the game crashing on you so much last night. :C

But what about those options make it so that they deserve no otg? Would making them slighly less safe on block or slower be an option?

Dive of Horus will still have plenty of utility, it will just make pressure against Double (not really a problem) and Big Band (actually kinda a problem) a bit worse. Frame traps are only really useful for baiting pushblocks in skullgirls, so having really long ground strings doesn't mean much when Eliza doesn't have the greatest options out of a blockstring.

Not that I'm complaining because Eliza is pretty great, I just feel the need to constantly be pressuring from the air with her on offense, 2MK/2HK or Dive of Horus isn't really much of a mixup to respect on the ground.

Mostly right now I'm hype for all the changes to Beowulf to make it in. I wanna see how effective HP chair toss reversal is, I think it will make him somewhat of a monster in every aspect.

I don't know about you guys but I feel pretty heartbroken when I get smacked by an overhead.

Reactions: erkicman and Ryin
It largely is a midscreen damage nerf than a pressure fix. As mike said, you can still combo after it hits, just something besides cr.hk. Which might be best, but its still sad to lose one of her cooler/corner carry/good damage routes

Edit: Also why are there moves that cause blue bounce before the otg has been used? Is that not in itself an exception, and what effect does their ability to have an otg after it have besides different combo routes and possible (maybe) higher damage?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryin
For some reason, I always thought Dive of Horus caused a techable knockdown like the chair did, so I always followed up with iad j.LK, j.HP lol.

Edit: Also why are there moves that cause blue bounce before the otg has been used? Is that not in itself an exception, and what effect does their ability to have an otg after it have besides different combo routes and possible (maybe) higher damage?

Longer confirm time / confirms being possible at all. Parasoul full combos off jump around HP by itself, etc.

What exactly warranted the H shadow otg change? It was hard to convert off of from just throwing it out randomly anyway :o

I'm trying to watch the archive for Salty! but for some reason I can't find any skullgirls on the UGC stream. There just seems to be 11 hours of Vampire Saviors. Is this a twitch problem or was the stream on a different channel?

I'm trying to watch the archive for Salty! but for some reason I can't find any skullgirls on the UGC stream. There just seems to be 11 hours of Vampire Saviors. Is this a twitch problem or was the stream on a different channel?

skullgirls was on http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua

though there wasn't an update section so you'll have to see the changes by watching.

Today's Patch Notes BGM™ also happens to have a cute video:
(As always, if you like the song support the artist and buy it! I did. ;^)

It's been a long time, Lenneth!
Don't be asking when Beowulf is coming to the Real Game, now, he hasn't even got his voice yet... :^)

General
- Bugfix: Character death slowdown no longer sometimes drops inputs, making it much easier to continue combos! Yay! Thanks to..."Butts"...I love the internet...
- Added "-ctrlshiftdrag" Launch Option, which when enabled requires holding Ctrl+Shift to drag the game window around with the left mouse button. Specifically for YOU. <3
- Redid even more of the shader pipeline to save more texture reads. Now it should run even BETTER! As always, lemme know if there are problems in the comments.
- Hopefully completely fixed occasional horizontal lines in super shadows that were happening for some people, including me. ;^)
- Add variant of New Meridian without NPCs, like Under the Bridge. Why not!

Beta Experiments
- Solo damage ratio 150%->145%, this was supposed to come along with being able to regain a lot of health with snapbacks...but then I forgot.
- When a Solo is hit with a snapback they go into the invincible tripped animation rather than wallbounce, so you can't do combos to them with red-health removal in the middle.
- Added ?! for being hit low while blocking high, and a broken heart for being hit overhead while blocking low. See if these are useful/helpful/annoying/you'd prefer something less noticeable/you'd prefer something more noticeable. Also added...one more thing... ;^)
- New voice clips for Ms. Fortune interacting with the DLC cast.

Beowulf

- Three-Wolf Moonsault is now a moonsault instead of a shooting star press. Thanks some random person for telling Sinead E. Proof we botched it. :^P
- Real loading screen, say goodbye to my awful art. (Look forward to Robo-Fortune's, I guess...)
- Real character select art! No logo yet.
- Corrected names for j.HP and anti-air super, they were switched. AIRWULF go!
- Bigger hitbox on chair toss first frame; damage reduced to 600 on M/H versions to match L version; H version knocks down and is strike invincible until 4f after he throws the chair.
- Increase grab range on lv3 just a bit.
- Grab mode properly prevents timeouts / pauses the timer, as appropriate.
- Timeout properly pulls the chair to him with an invisible string if he hasn't got it.
- Wulf Blitzer flies for 4f longer per segment, middle bits now keep their momentum like the last segment does.
- Increased hit area on Wulf Blitzer now that it has the visual effect.
Double
- Can now negative-edge Cilia Slide. If this screws people up I'll remove it, but it was the only thing you couldn't do that with. Thanks zeknife!
- LK Horner Bomber now goes roughly the same distance as Real Game, still invincible/faster startup, still only 2 hits, knocks opponent slightly higher on last hit.
Eliza
- Horace's divekick is now immediately ground-techable, you must catch the opponent in the air to follow up.
Filia
- Vulnerable boxes on s.HP's first active frame returned to normal, last 2 active frames and recovery still larger.
- Vulnerable boxes on c.HP's first fully extended active frame made smaller, recovery still larger.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/204120527803081957

Skullgirls Betawulf Patch Notes - 1/27 said:
- Hopefully completely fixed occasional horizontal lines in super shadows that were happening for some people, including me. ;^)
They are gone! Amazing.

RIP horizontal lines
day 1 - 27.01.2015

@Mike_Z
c.lk c.mp s.hp kanchou
devil horns
c.mk
j.mp j.hk
s.hp pummel horse
s.hk run stop
s.lpx2 s.hk copter dynamo (235 undizzy)
c.lk c.mp titan knuckle copter dynamo
ToD
15761 damage 1v3 post-patch

Lights only, not the easiest, s.hk after pummel horse probably isn't possible midscreen on some lights, maybe possible on all with micro dashing, I don't know I didn't try too hard.
Is possible from...30-ish % of the stage. ToD is impossible without the kanchou devil horns starter. With that starter, other routes exist but are either character specific, way harder, and in most cases more spacing specific.
Midscreen ToDs on heavies and mediums, and corner ToDs on everyone ARE GONE (actually that's a lie, corner ToDs are still possible on some lights...with a c.lk c.mk titan knuckle devil horns starter lmfao)

I think we're good.
Except if someone manages to do even more damage with 2 bars using another character. Can't wait to see that happen. Will probably be so practicle.

They are gone! Amazing.

"Eliza
- Horace's divekick is now immediately ground-techable, you must catch the opponent in the air to follow up."

Well I understand why this had to be done but RIP my combos.

Anyone know what that other change Mike mentioned is?
I think we're good.
Hows Counterhits looking? Could you check LCH and MCH (j.mp probably most practical) on 1v3 to see if that TOD range increases at all, or gets easier, or works on mediums. And does HCH still kill 1v2?

totally love High/low indicators they´re pretty neat n clean ( don´t disturb in the match, tought.)