• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

he has the highest damage combos in the game, next to bella
I wouldn't have guessed. I suppose i just betrayed the fact that i'm not a serious combotist!

he has the highest damage combos in the game, next to bella
Wasn't peacock the highest damage dealer?
I remember Caio doing 11k corner combos.

Big Band, Cerebella and Peacock are kind of on par with each other

depends on starter and assists involved.

we can add Beowulf to that list of heavy hitters soon to. If you optimize the combo correctly with gabs and conversions off of them along with some smartly placed wulf tackles in the combo Beo can stack on some good damage too. Add a lvl of hype and beo can get some nasty damage with a bar and finishing ontop of the hurting.

(it's fun actualy he forces you to play smartly with your combos and to quickly learn the best way to optimize off of random hits. unlike BB, Bella or Peacock where if they poke you they can rack up to 7 to 8k easy.)

I dunno I still kind of feel like Beowulf needs damage adjustments in places. I really only get good damage off a specific combo route and everything else feels mediocre because his super enders aren't really worth doing when he can do almost as much (if not more) damage using a grab mode ender.

EDIT: The combo I'm referring to is basically anything that uses s.HK stagger > 236PK command grab. Not utilizing this will almost always result in mediocre damage in my experience. Unless someone can share something that I haven't explored?

Last edited:
NO no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

if you want "damage" adjustments then let peepz tech after he uses otg with c.mk. cause body slam is obnoxious as helllllllllllll
What? You missed the point of my post. I'm not saying to buff his overall damage, just make it so his other combo routes don't do mediocre damage compared to that one. Currently, using the HK > command grab combo route, I can get 7.3k damage meterless and end with a body slam. Would be nice if other combo routes were close to rivaling that is all. Although I'm not so sure how possible that is without buffing the damage of that specific combo in the process.

Honestly, I don't plan on incorporating him into my team, mostly due to the fact that I'm terrible with characters with limited mobility options.

Just figured the kinda slow guy should be hitting a little hard on stuff that isn't just that one optimized combo.

Doesn't Wulf Shoot scale your combo to ~50%, as most command grabs in this game do?

You'd be best off finding strike only routes and tagging that stuff in the end, or using it on wulfmania, where the scaling goes in your favor

Doesn't Wulf Shoot scale your combo to ~50%, as most command grabs in this game do?

You'd be best off finding strike only routes and tagging that stuff in the end, or using it on wulfmania, where the scaling goes in your favor
LK, c.MP, HK, 236LP,
hop j.MK,
HK(stagger), 236PK, K x4, P, c.MP, c.HP,
hop j.MP,
MK, HK, chair pickup,
c.LK, c.MP, HK, 236LK, 8P, 3P, c.MK, K, 4P finisher

Uses command grab early yet nets about 7.8k damage meterless (pretty sure you are past the 50% scale mark by the time you do it anyway). You won't get that without incorporating the command grab into your combo in some way it seems.

about the horus changes: I preferred the techable kd to horus being startled when eliza gets hit. I'd rather he protected you from hits and made grabbing the correct way to punish calling him than giving both players an easy way to start a full combo. I like there being less ways to go into optimized stuff.

Reactions: The Dave
IMO if you want to defend yourself as Eliza from people coming in above you then you can continue (or start) to use st.mp. I don't see why Horus dive kick should offer so much protection so I find the change legit.

Big Band, Cerebella and Peacock are kind of on par with each other

depends on starter and assists involved.
The Beta Peacock changes still have Peacock up there? Thought it would be Eliza or PW up there now.

LK, c.MP, HK, 236LP,
hop j.MK,
HK(stagger), 236PK, K x4, P, c.MP, c.HP,
hop j.MP,
MK, HK, chair pickup,
c.LK, c.MP, HK, 236LK, 8P, 3P, c.MK, K, 4P finisher

Uses command grab early yet nets about 7.8k damage meterless (pretty sure you are past the 50% scale mark by the time you do it anyway). You won't get that without incorporating the command grab into your combo in some way it seems.

That combo is already scaled to ~66% by the time you do the command throw so the 50% minimum scaling isn't really a big deal.

hmmm. this is true. Beo's true damage does come from his grapple state where kicks and a finisher usually tacks on the damage. Then again beo has a ton of other strengths that come with him. Remember you gotta respect the pipe, i mean the chair. That j.hp is dirty as hell, and given the chance to get hype he grows to become more and more powerful allowing him to follow up on his supers using the hype. so over all i feel Beo's a good middle ground character who's got to work to get the most out of his combos (dizzy doesn't limit him as much as other characters.) has good meaty air normals which he can preform with his hop dash, and has the potential to get stronger as the match goes on with mic drops or a taunt.

dear wulf players. use mic drops alot in combos. use body splash as your enders.
Thank you.
uh thanks? we'll also do a ton of chair j.hps cause i get the feeling a lot of people are not going to like that move and its dumb hitbox making for some stupid crossups.

Once you learn standing anti airs for each character j.hp is terrible... (e.g. filia/fukua s.hp, val s.hk, para cr.hp etc)

Once you learn standing anti airs for each character j.hp is terrible... (e.g. filia/fukua s.hp, val s.hk, para cr.hp etc)
val's shk i would believe same with c.hp. BUT filia and fukua's s.hp? when i said you either beat it or you don't i'm saying that you have to do the move the moment he leaves ground. this isn't the case with any of the other characters IIRC.

val's shk i would believe same with c.hp. BUT filia and fukua's s.hp? when i said you either beat it or you don't i'm saying that you have to do the move the moment he leaves ground. this isn't the case with any of the other characters IIRC.
it's not the exact moment he leaves the ground it's as soon as you see him reach back for the chair that you have to react (so it's like 0.3 to 0.6 second reaction). It's a very small window but you can make a reaction to it. For val cr.hp is not a good option because it can trade (which sucks -_-). Another good option for Filia and Fukua is cr.mp and backdash cr.hp (the cr.mp is a really good option but you need to react very quickly to the j.hp and the dash back cr.hp only works in certain cases but can be utilized effectively when coupled with backward wavedashing and best of all it leads to a free combo because of OTGs and stuff)

Able to be countered =/= Terrible.

All beowulf has to do is jump forward not press j.HP and then Filia/Val/Parasoul has just wiffed s.HP/s.HK/c.HP right in Beowulf's face. Perhaps he calls an assist on the way down to make punishing it much much easier and cover the option of Filia/Val/Parasoul not doing an anti-air.

Reactions: Yomabuddy
Thoughts on j.hp
Your right ability to counter=\= terrible but I think any move that extends a hurt box horizontally is terrible (it's my warped opinion) eg. (Sguig j.hp, Eliza j.hp, beo j.hp). Yeah they are great moves and all are very effective but if you look at it as a % hurt vs. % hit you start to notice flaws. In reality I still get hit by them (cause I suck) but once I realize what's going on I start to react with greater effectiveness. It's just my opinion you don't have to agree :^)

calm down buddy

but I think any move that extends a hurt box horizontally is terrible (it's my warped opinion) eg. (Sguig j.hp, Eliza j.hp, beo j.hp).

why is beowulf's j.HP in that list

Do me a favour and look at Squig, Eliza, and Beo's j.HPs in training mode with hitboxes on. Compare where the green and red overlap. Now look very closely at Beowulf's very red j.HP.

I've already done that, it pushes his hurt box to about where his feet are and to where his hands grab the chair I don't care about the chair being red he still takes up more horizontal space then he normally would making it a "horizontally extending move". I'm sorry if you don't understand me so I'll say this go into training mode with beo turn the hitbox and grid on, jump forward, measure the number of boxes he takes up, now do it again with j.hp and tell me why it should not be on that list.

I understand exactly what you are saying, but the problem is that what you are saying and the conclusions you are drawing from what you are saying are both incorrect. If you don't understand why LARGE AMOUNT OF RED and VERY LITTLE IF ANY extended green is better in many ways to LOTS OF EXTENDED GREEN THEN SOME SLIGHTLY EXTENDED RED AFTER THAT, then I have nothing more to say.

calm down buddy

why is beowulf's j.HP in that list

Do me a favour and look at Squig, Eliza, and Beo's j.HPs in training mode with hitboxes on. Compare where the green and red overlap. Now look very closely at Beowulf's very red j.HP.

HELLO HERE IS AN ADVERTISEMENT:

We have threads for hitboxes in (mostly) every character's character page.

Even Beo is in the works currently updating whenever he gets a colored frame.

Okay bye again!

hmmm. this is true. Beo's true damage does come from his grapple state where kicks and a finisher usually tacks on the damage. Then again beo has a ton of other strengths that come with him. Remember you gotta respect the pipe, i mean the chair. That j.hp is dirty as hell, and given the chance to get hype he grows to become more and more powerful allowing him to follow up on his supers using the hype. so over all i feel Beo's a good middle ground character who's got to work to get the most out of his combos (dizzy doesn't limit him as much as other characters.) has good meaty air normals which he can preform with his hop dash, and has the potential to get stronger as the match goes on with mic drops or a taunt.
jHP (chair): please stop exaggerating how good it is
Hype being useful for extra damage/combing after 2 of his supers isn't that big of deal when most supers you can combo off of.

He's interesting and unique no doubt but nothing about him is jumping out as advantageous over other characters to me. If anything, chairless block damage penalty is doing the opposite.

Reactions: joshb911
So a hard kd after using up otg meterlessly is not advantageous?...... y
Parry, command grabs, littering the screen with hitboxes, cancels or a button to make things safer or advantageous, flight, mobility that's make one hard to keep off or hard to get a clean hit on.

Beowulf's saving grace is he can get a HKD after using an OTG.

Reactions: dragonos451
Parry, command grabs, littering the screen with hitboxes, cancels or a button to make things safer or advantageous, flight, mobility that's make one hard to keep off or hard to get a clean hit on.

Beowulf's saving grace is he can get a HKD after using an OTG.
You do know he has pretty much all of this but parrying right? Except true flight, but wulf blitzer is pretty amazing.

You do know he has pretty much all of this but parrying right? Except true flight, but wulf blitzer is pretty amazing.
His command grab is BB L A-Train/Val M. Drop, not Bella's DDrop or Fukua's Snuggle. And the fear of M/H A-Train isn't there.
He isn't littering the screen with hitboxes.
What is his Fortune's head or Squigly stancel? Blitzer?
Blitzer for mobility is a Filia hairball/airball minus the air action afterwards (still better every other way though).

IMO and he's not finished so it's just rambling I guess.

What is his Fortune's head or Squigly stancel? Blitzer?
Blitzer for mobility is a Filia hairball/airball minus the air action afterwards (still better every other way though).

IMO and he's not finished so it's just rambling I guess.

Can't he still do things so long as he doesn't do all 3 wulf blitzers? I remember reading that once.

And Beowulf doesn't want fortune's head. All it does is make me cry.

Despite headless being good.

And I'm also not feeling the latest headless change but I'm still debating whether it's a nerf or a buff. The head gets knocked back to me after being hit out of decap attack so it's good(?) but at the same time I want the head to continue falling at the regular arc because of head placement so it's also not good(?). (If that made any sense)

One more thing, while I'm okay with Fortune buffs she really didn't need her normals to be bigger behind her because when cornered with the head cMP worked just fine. BUT if those were to be reverted please keep the cHK hitting behind Fortune that one is cool.