• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

i was watching mike on ultrachen last night, and of the many many features he discussed, did he ever mention how solo's can snap to regain health?

solo red health probably should blink or something to remind people that its recoverable, like the health bar sections in vampire.

Well, it's red health, that's how you know. If you don't snap, the red health would just stay there.

I am so glad you weren't joking, Mike. Time to learn Parasoul, time for a team made out of Samus.
Edit: Mike, I was so excited Training Room was going to be on top today, what happened?
No more UI updates until the game comes out, because the new UI stuff includes things that won't be included until 2nd Encore.

So Robo lvl 3 is now useless against Parasouls??
Er, no, it has to be your own Parasoul taunting. The other team can't do anything to you.

Er, no, it has to be your own Parasoul taunting. The other team can't do anything to you.
OH-. Ok good, that seemed rather unfair if your opponent could detonate you.
That's actually pretty cool then. Call Robo assist, taunt, explode.
Is the damage that Robo takes the same as usual or greater because she's being called as an assist?

Call Robo assist, taunt, explode.
Is the damage that Robo takes the same as usual or greater because she's being called as an assist?
You can't detonate when you're an assist, only on point.

OH-. Ok good, that seemed rather unfair if your opponent could detonate you.
That's actually pretty cool then. Call Robo assist, taunt, explode.
I thought my explanation was pretty clear, but in case it isn't - she doesn't explode at any time that she wouldn't normally explode. It just makes the timer instantly zero.
And it doesn't work the other way around - point Parasoul taunting won't affect Robo as an assist at all.

So since charge moves are getting looked at I'd like to voice the only related issue I've had and still have.

Down backing with Bella and trying to do Diamond Drop. She always run stops. I have to let go of block for a moment before doing DD for it work.

Would fixing this be a possibility?

So since charge moves are getting looked at I'd like to voice the only related issue I've had and still have.
Down backing with Bella and trying to do Diamond Drop. She always run stops. I have to let go of block for a moment before doing DD for it work.
Would fixing this be a possibility?
I can't get this to happen with any valid input for DDrop, you wanna put up a video with input display on P1 Both so I can see what your inputs are?
I tried [DB] then:
D,DF,F+LP+LK
D,DF,F+LK~LP (Run~DDrop)
D,DF,F+LP~LK (LnL~DDrop)
D,DF+LP,F+LK (LP~DDrop)
D,DF+LK,F+LP (Run~DDrop)
etc.

I can't get this to happen with any valid input for DDrop, you wanna put up a video with input display on P1 Both so I can see what your inputs are?
I tried [DB] then:
D,DF,F+LP+LK
D,DF,F+LK~LP (Run~DDrop)
D,DF,F+LP~LK (LnL~DDrop)
D,DF+LP,F+LK (LP~DDrop)
D,DF+LK,F+LP (Run~DDrop)
etc.

I probably should have tested it with input display on in the first place -.-

I play with a keyboard, and I suspect that to be the problem. Whenever I do DB,D,DF,F I seem to miss one of the directions most of the times. It's the same issue with Bella's 360 on keyboards, which you addressed a while ago (thanks for that).

2015-05-20_00013.jpg 2015-05-20_00011.jpg

If I am extra deliberate I can pull it off... sometimes. So maybe it's only me that's having this problem. Sorry.

I play with a keyboard, and I suspect that to be the problem. Whenever I do DB,D,DF,F I seem to miss one of the directions most of the times.
Oh, well yeah, if you miss the diagonal you won't get a QCT. There isn't much I can do there, because making D,F+P give a QCT would result in a lot of accidental special moves when attempting to do like, crouch->dash->punch. Sorry...

Oh, well yeah, if you miss the diagonal you won't get a QCT. There isn't much I can do there, because making D,F+P give a QCT would result in a lot of accidental special moves when attempting to do like, crouch->dash->punch. Sorry...
Can half circles ignore diagonals?

This is interesting. It's cool that there's now even greater potential synergy in the Persona-themed Parasoul/Robo Fortune/Beowulf team I want to run upon Robo Fortune's release, but I'm curious: is this the first time in Skullgirls where there's such Chrono Trigger-like synergy between two characters? As in, one character has a move that only affects a specific other character, and the targeted effect on said character cannot be achieved by anyone else in the cast? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

(In this situation, Parasoul specifically makes R. Fortune explode, but has no significant effect on anyone else in the cast; on the other hand nobody else can make R. Fortune explode)

To me, it seems like including specific synergies like Parasoul/Robo begin to allow Mike to start dictating players' specific team compositions, kind of like how Yugioh can dictate that people would make decks around I don't know... Sanga, Kazejin and Suijin because their specific synergy allows them to make Gate Guardian. (Bad example, but I'm grasping for straws here!) It's not quite the same situation as Peacock/Big Band being one of the ultimate zoning teams, because the general idea of "Make a strong zoning team!" can also be achieved by Peacock/Double or other compositions involving Fukua or Robo. But no other composition besides Parasoul/Robo can achieve On-Demand Detonation. I don't think this is a bad thing, it's just a different and interesting direction to take so late in the game's development.

(btw, I don't know how I'd feel about giving up Napalm Pillar assist for Taunt specifically for the control over R. Fortune's detonation, and I don't know how often it'll come up in tournaments)

Last edited:
This is interesting. It's cool that there's now even greater potential synergy in the Persona-themed Parasoul/Robo Fortune/Beowulf team I want to run upon Robo Fortune's release, but I'm curious: is this the first time in Skullgirls where there's such Chrono Trigger-like synergy between two characters? As in, one character has a move that only affects a specific other character, and the targeted effect on said character cannot be achieved by anyone else in the cast? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

(In this situation, Parasoul specifically makes R. Fortune explode, but has no significant effect on anyone else in the cast; on the other hand nobody else can make R. Fortune explode)

To me, it seems like including specific synergies like Parasoul/Robo begin to allow Mike to start dictating players' specific team compositions, kind of like how Yugioh can dictate that people would make decks around I don't know... Sanga, Kazejin and Suijin because their specific synergy allows them to make Gate Guardian. (Bad example, but I'm grasping for straws here!) It's not quite the same situation as Peacock/Big Band being one of the ultimate zoning teams, because the general idea of "Make a strong zoning team!" can also be achieved by Peacock/Double or other compositions involving Fukua or Robo. But no other composition besides Parasoul/Robo can achieve On-Demand Detonation. I don't think this is a bad thing, it's just a different and interesting direction to take so late in the game's development.

(btw, I don't know how I'd feel about giving up Napalm Pillar assist for Taunt specifically for the control over R. Fortune's detonation, and I don't know how often it'll come up in tournaments)
I don't think it's meant to be meta. You're giving up one of the best assist in the game for an assist that is usable once (MAYBE twice) in a match. As far as I can tell, it's not something that's actually meant to be picked in a serious environment. It's just a neat little thing that got added because of a cool bug.

Pretty much never, which is why I'm okay doing it. You're sacrificing a really good assist character for a gimmick.
[edit] For example if this was "Napalm Pillar makes Robo explode" then I would have just removed it entirely.

Is it just me or is the assist “wrong side” change not giving the 200px leeway it was supposed to?

Either I was just wrong or I can’t reproduce this. How far you could travel while crossing under/over them and still call the assist from the opposite side definitely seemed much shorter when I tested it out this morning.

Some recent update seems to have broken some entourage assist settings, hp brass is lp brass and pillar is egret dive or something
Pretty inconsequential but I think this has been unintended at least once before

Same thing happened to me about 2-3 weeks ago, Robo Fortune's cr.mk assist in my Entourage was replaced with st.mp ( I believe, may have been st.lp ). Hasn't happened since then, even with multiple updates occurring.

Oh thank God it's not just me going crazy. My Entourage assist for LnL H changed to Tumbling Run at some point when I wasn't looking and I had no idea what happened. I wonder what happened in the backend to cause assists to shift around.

[e] I've also got a replay that desyncs after a super on two characters on a sub-60 ping connection, but that goes in the replay thread I figure.

Last edited:
Some recent update seems to have broken some entourage assist settings, hp brass is lp brass and pillar is egret dive or something
Pretty inconsequential but I think this has been unintended at least once before
You just mean, your previously saved thing is now different, correct? But if you save a new one it works...right? Right? Not that it's just not saving the correct thing..?

I too have had my Band's assist go from Bagpipe Blues to L A-Train from a recent update

Saving a new reserve works just fine, though

i'm just saying, this is kinda really stupid. anyways you can make it so that you can double snap from farther from the corner than this?
He was like a pixel outside the distance, that'll happen no matter what the distance is.

Yo. At Combo Breaker @SonicFox5000 and @dekillsage played long sets with my scrub ass, thanks guys, and (inadvertently?) showed me some stuff.
Two things bothered me at a minor level, and one thing bothered me at a major level.
Due to Filia being the first character, Filia/Fukua/Double step off their point during cr.HP, which leads to some wacky things. So I'll be fixing that actual bug, which will possibly alter some c.HP things with Filia and Double so it'll need looking at, and will probably ruin some of SonicFox's setups - sorry SonicFox.

Yo. At Combo Breaker @SonicFox5000 and @dekillsage played long sets with my scrub ass, thanks guys, and (inadvertently?) showed me some stuff.
Two things bothered me at a minor level, and one thing bothered me at a major level.
Due to Filia being the first character, Filia/Fukua/Double step off their point during cr.HP, which leads to some wacky things. So I'll be fixing that actual bug, which will possibly alter some c.HP things with Filia and Double so it'll need looking at, and will probably ruin some of SonicFox's setups - sorry SonicFox.
Its ok Mike Z ;~;7

There's one thing that's been bugging me more than others lately. I hesitate to mention it because it is probably more of a git gud thing than anything, but this specifically happens against BB beat extend assist and it hits me all the time to the point that it's become very... Frustrating:

Me versus a beat extend L user. I empty jump towards the point character, knowing that a BE may be coming and I would normally jump over them crossing them up, but BE gets called and STOPS me from crossing up, BEFORE it goes active. This is because BB has a hitbox or whatever before the move becomes active.

So what happens is I see myself crossing up or about to crossup and I block crossup accordingly, but BE assist comes and pushes me back to the original side and I don't crossup, therefor my block is now incorrect and I get hit by BE.

This is very frustrating to play against and I'll assume that this is how it is in marvel but does marvel have a high tier assist that can't be regular jumped over that causes crossups to not become crossups? I assume psylock doesn't do this cause she's so small so I could have gotten over her by the time she went active, and maybe it happens with captain corridor?

Only other assist I can think of would be gene splice but I don't think it would happen with it either. Sent assist could be a big culprit but sent assists take forever to start and Aren't invincible so maybe less of a problem?

Idk. It's just something that has been opening me up very consistently that doesn't necessarily seem as if that is its intended use, and my opponents aren't using it for that purpose most assuredly, this is one of those things that feels like I'm doing the right thing (baiting the assist) but getting punished anyways and makes a ridiculous assist even better if I now have to concentrate just to bait it as well despite me already jumping through hoops to play against the assist.

I have assist collission box tech too, but I've also experienced the shenanigans it causes in a real match where beat extend pushes you around. I don't feel strongly about it either way, though. At least I don't think I do.

I've purposefully used assist collision boxes for tech

Yeah I know, I've seen this video before. It's very cool tech. But the issue I'm specifically talking about is with beat extend assist. It's a special case because BB is so damned huge.

On a different note, you'll be happy to know that sage uses your tech in the team spooky rebroadcast preview. But he uses fukua drill assist instead of lock n load :)

Yeah I know, I've seen this video before. It's very cool tech. But the issue I'm specifically talking about is with beat extend assist. It's a special case because BB is so damned huge.
It's not getting addressed, though. Just sayin'.

BE is dumb good. Use it or lose to it. I've fully embraced CMs siggy.

Does anyone know if PWs lvl 3 is working as intended vs Double's lvl 3 (bumps into Double and then gets hit) or Eliza's cart summon (Hits cart and stays there for fucking ages before continuing through)?

Don't worry - sooner or later good players will be using top tier team compositions in due time.
pfffftt... but that's boring... We want to mix it up, keep it wild and fresh. The slightly harder teams that require hard play is a ton more fun. like having both Fortunes on your team one is rush down the other is more keepaway but finding what they can do together makes for a much more interesting experience.

Back