• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

My philosophy is you have to opt in, rather than opt out.

It does not, I checked it frame-by-frame.
You are just used to the delay, so without it it seems too fast.
Thank you Mike! And its 12pm? Have you not slept yet? Jeez!

My philosophy is you have to opt in, rather than opt out.
Thank you. Persona 4 Arena is a testament to this exact scenario being done wrong. Japanese Teddie is the most annoying thing ever.

Thank you. Persona 4 Arena is a testament to this exact scenario being done wrong. Japanese Teddie is the most annoying thing ever.
I prefer people having to choose something that may be annoying to them, yeah.

It seems faster compared to a normal non-killing combo on a point character.
I guess it's the white flash and the sound effect.
I checked it frame by frame, it is exactly the same. It's probably the flash, I'll see if I can get it to be different/shorter if you kill an assist.
You can also check by doing it with a dummy recording, if it were skipping things it shouldn't be then the timing would be off after the recording kills you vs when it doesn't.

@Skarmand
I'll also see if I can get "assist dies with doublesnap lines on" to give the regular slowdown. I may not be able to, though.

I'm still getting crashes after every couple of times i button select voice packs

EDIT: another thing I've been getting is I've been hearing the audio ping that says my opponent is picking an alternate voice pack, but I'm not hearing it when I have the option set to "yes"

Last edited:
I'm still getting crashes after every couple of times i button select voice packs
EDIT: another thing I've been getting is I've been hearing the audio ping that says my opponent is picking an alternate voice pack, but I'm not hearing it when I have the option set to "yes"
Ya, I think both are the same bug, we'll be trying again today.

I tried to -log it, but the damn thing wouldn't crash while i had the log running. It was also killing my computer to try and log it, so I only tried a few times. sorry.

the damn thing wouldn't crash while i had the log running.
This is actually useful info, because printing things changes the stack layout. And it helps confirm my suspicion.

General
- POSSIBLY fix online alt voice crash, again. Lemme know if it crashes this time! :^S
- Assist death has shorter screen flash and no slowdown; assist death during doublesnap screen effect has normal slowdown and screen flash. Thanks Skarmand and Huffy!
- Replays properly save alt-voice-set usage. Thanks WingZero.

Double

- Added some missing Politician lines.
Eliza
- Urien reference color's blood is now Aegis Reflector colored for better-looking shields.
MsFortune
- s.MK second hit, hitbox and vulnerable boxes expanded outward to match those of the first hit; far opponents that are hit by the first hit won't slide back as much as closer opponents do. Both hits now connect properly from further away. Thanks Stuff.
Painwheel
- Bugfix: Hitting a dead character will no longer spend stored Hatred Guard damage. Thanks Broken Loose.
Parasoul
- Fixed Salty Parasoul intro vs RoboFortune.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/209762015571763532

Eliza
- Urien reference color's blood is now Aegis Reflector colored for better-looking shields.
That's wonderful.

s.MK second hit, hitbox and vulnerable boxes expanded outward to match those of the first hit; far opponents that are hit by the first hit won't slide back as much as closer opponents do. Both hits now connect properly from further away.

Awesome! Hopefully I won't drop my airthrow combo as much.

Hi! I found a lobby, used a macro to select an alt voice pack, and it worked fine for the first match; I selected "change character" after the match and re-selected my alt voice pack team using the macro, and the game crashed. No log right now, seeing if I can replicate it with one.

[Edit]
Just tried it with the -log launch option, and it didn't crash upon going to "change character -> macro to select alt voice pack."

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hi! I found a lobby, used a macro to select an alt voice pack, and it worked fine for the first match; I selected "change character" after the match and re-selected my alt voice pack team using the macro, and the game crashed. No log right now, seeing if I can replicate it with one.

[Edit]
Just tried it with the -log launch option, and it didn't crash upon going to "change character -> macro to select alt voice pack."

Hope this helps!
You sure you had the latest version? ;_;

I thought so- 03:15:40? A couple of Parasoul's Salty lines are censored, "Major Surgery my ****" against Valentine and "Let's see you in action, you little ****" against Peacock, so I think that's the most recent. (Also, she still says "You picked the wrong bitch to mess with," in case that needs to be beeped over.)

That said, I just played five matches in a lobby without logging activated, choosing to change character and re-selecting with the macro, and it didn't crash, so I don't know.

Where would I find the log file? I figure it might be helpful, but I don't see anything that looks like a log modified today in SteamApps/common/Skullgirls Beta... Thanks!

[Edit] Aha- if the other person wasn't playing with the most up-to-date version, then their's could've crashed and caused mine to freeze up. Though, normally the lobbies will kick you out for a version mismatch...

Sorry to be a bother. Thanks for being patient!

Last edited:
Sorry to be a bother. Thanks for being patient!
I just want it to get fixed, s'all.

If it still crashes for that specific thing, let me know.

Up to date Double voice pack.

@Mike_Z Just had the game freeze when using button select for Republican Double. Will put log on in case it happens again.

And it happened again, log here http://pastebin.com/QTXAGmgR wasn't sure what to do other than post the whole thing, is there a more efficient way of doing this for you? Also, does editing in a tag alert you or was there no point in me doing that?

Last edited:
Boo, just got a soft lock when i did a hold button select on voice packs for double
Online or offline? Online I assume. >.<

When YOU did it, right? Not when your opponent did it?

Also, does editing in a tag alert you or was there no point in me doing that?
Nope, looks like it doesn't.
This log is not really so helpful, I guess I gotta add more info to it. :^P

Nope, looks like it doesn't.
This log is not really so helpful, I guess I gotta add more info to it. :^P
Well, good to know, but since this will alert you I have another bug. Upon entering the art gallery the game no longer recognizes button inputs on my stick (Q1), only movements. I restarted the game and took the stick out and put it back in, but it still would only recognize movements. After another try I got access back and then of course duplicated so I could tell you that this is a thing.

Sooo, I got the same freeze from picking voice packs, but without picking any voice packs.
My opponent picked solo Squigly and I was choosing a color for solo Cerebella and the second I chose the color, it froze.
I've never seen the game freeze like this anywhere else or at any other time, could this be related?

Sooo, I got the same freeze from picking voice packs, but without picking any voice packs.
My opponent picked solo Squigly and I was choosing a color for solo Cerebella and the second I chose the color, it froze.
I've never seen the game freeze like this anywhere else or at any other time, could this be related?
This happens all the time for me, but it also has always happened
Though the frequency certainly got upped recently

I have also had an increase of crashes on character color select with no voice packs but I don't know if it's related

This happens all the time for me, but it also has always happened
Though the frequency certainly got upped recently
I don't doubt it could be, but damn what a terrible time for it to finally happen to me, right as all this other freezing is going on.

Since the "HCFs don't need Diagonals anymore" patch, QCFs just got priority over DPs again in cases where they shouldn't have

Namely:
46236P will give a Ringlet, not a DP; which makes Block-DP unnecessarily hard.
I presume the cause of this is that the 6 in the input gets ignored for the HCF-check, meaning it sees "4236 input, ok this is a HCF, he wants the QCF>DP assistance"? Or something

There's also still this thing:

6hltwot9.jpg
Where I obviously am trying to MGR, but get an Excel (which drove me insane during games, since I didn't believe even my execution to be so ungraciously bad that I input 623 when I try to 214)

Can one do like, QCF/DP can't come out if one ends in DB/Back, and HCF only blocks out DPs if it's actually done as a HCF (so not when in the middle of the "HCF" random forward directions appear)?

Last edited:
I would think he is in landing recovery

You don't get CHd when you get tripguarded, but you are still unable to block?
Then again I think that only applies to lows? I am not sure

It should only apply to lows yes...

I'm sure Mike will come in and save the day...

...as soon as he fixes that crash thing, that is.

Pretty sure you cannot block anything (but you can tech throws, I believe) during landing recovery if you were in recovery from some move while landing
Edit: If you landed with a button basically.

Pretty sure you cannot block anything (but you can tech throws, I believe) during landing recovery if you were in recovery from some move while landing
Edit: If you landed with a button basically.
This. There are 2f where you can't block if you land from a button.

There's also still this thing:
Where I obviously am trying to MGR, but get an Excel (which drove me insane during games, since I didn't believe even my execution to be so ungraciously bad that I input 623 when I try to 214.
That happens in 3s, also, btw. I can probably make MGR higher priority though.

Is Cerebella's burst being off center a feature or a bug 'cause right now it looks like this:

kROf5pJ.png

From what I've checked she's also the only one with a burst like this everyone else seems to have theirs centered.

Bellas one of the harder characters to get burst baits to work on for me, and now I know why.

Back