• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Filia can Drill into

but yeah an actual zoning character being able to convert into a full combo from full screen is kind of a big deal. That said, I'm not sure if it makes up for losing easy air throw conversions or not.

Being able to convert into a full combo for 2 bars full screen isn't anything new for peacock teams, but being able to do it by yourself is pretty cool and useful.

Damage is like, low for 2 bars but good for a fullscreen conversion so I think its fine, maybe it can do a bit more maybe not. If peacock still had her airthrow conversions, it would be even better because then you can do stuff like super super teleport conversion -> airthrow mix up/cross under mix up, maybe a low/throw mix up but this seems like a weaker choice. Either way if you're successful in your reset that's a lot of damage you got all because you landed a super from fullscreen, and if you're not well you got some damage and positioning.

2 bars to start a fullscreen combo is something no one else has, for the same, more or less meter.
Fortune can Nom>Runup>Meterless followup
Filia can Ringlet>Gregor (1 bar)
Squigly has Sing>SBO (1 bar)
Parasoul can dash right before 2 Tears explode on the opponent and get a dashjump meterless followup!

Most chars have a way to do it via DHC, eg Double Luger>Car>Gregor, or BB Gstep>SSJ>Gregor, or Bella Reflect>Dynamo>Gregor :~
Most notably, Peacock could always Bangx3>Argus>Gregor.

I'd think the much bigger deal than combos out of H.Bangx3 are combos out of Groundthrow; dunno why those are getting ignored.

Like I said earlier I need to play against someone who blocks to really get a feel for it. If it does the thing I just said about Cymbals then loooooool
AD cancelled jMK doesn't trigger preblock and has always hit upback, so yes - with it now being a high, it would beat both 1 and 7.

But enough translate, why do you want to hit me?
Delay highs to hit my poor Parasoul out of Pillarcharging are evil!

Wait, Cymbals doesn't trigger preblock? I thought it was merely me being awful. I didn't realize it was actually catching me chicken blocking.
It took me a long time to realize this too. I think it's spacing dependent, it's tough to recreate on demand in training mode.
Being able to convert into a full combo for 2 bars full screen isn't anything new for peacock teams, but being able to do it by yourself is pretty cool and useful.
There actually aren't a ton of ways to do this for 2 bars even with a team. For 3 bars you get a lot of options (Car -> Opera, SSJ -> Hatred Install, Cat Heads -> link Car, Hustlin Rocks, Parasoul level 3, Lady of Slaughter (whiff) -> BFF, probably something else I'm forgetting) but for two bars I think the only option was Gregor Samson. Personally I really like it if only because people like to tag from full screen and just take the Argus punish since it's not that much damage anyways. The Lenny -> Argus thing gives a strong disincentive from doing that, at least if Peacock has two bars (and let's be real, why wouldn't she).

You can still full combo off air grab in the current beta. I have done it. You just need to be charging an item beforehand, and it's easy to charge an item mid-combo if you have

an

assist

:^)

full combo from airgrab with some assists, pre charge item with some assists, but solo can't do that much.

i don't mind teams having more combo posibilities since solos do more damage, thats why i'm wondering of a way to make it more useful for both parties solo and team. hard knockdown so solos can try a mixup and team parties able to precharge and item and hit with it before they touch the ground or something (though i dont know if that would be possible)

thats why i want to experiment with that.

full combo from airgrab with some assists, pre charge item with some assists, but solo can't do that much.

i don't mind teams having more combo posibilities since solos do more damage, thats why i'm wondering of a way to make it more useful for both parties solo and team. hard knockdown so solos can try a mixup and team parties able to precharge and item and hit with it before they touch the ground or something (though i dont know if that would be possible)

thats why i want to experiment with that.
I think if it was a hard knockdown you wouldn't be able to combo j.MK into Argus anymore. If it's a hard knockdown and it otherwise works the same as right now, then sure, but I don't think it would.

Wait, Cymbals doesn't trigger preblock? I thought it was merely me being awful. I didn't realize it was actually catching me chicken blocking.

I think its because it hits from too far away to trigger pre-block?

Either way it doesn't bother me since I usually stand-block most of the time anyway.

I think its because it hits from too far away to trigger pre-block?

Either way it doesn't bother me since I usually stand-block most of the time anyway.
This is accurate
Cymbals will trigger preblock within the universal preblock range, and won't outside it
Just need the right spacing.

I think if it was a hard knockdown you wouldn't be able to combo j.MK into Argus anymore. If it's a hard knockdown and it otherwise works the same as right now, then sure, but I don't think it would.
i know it wouldnt work, im thinking of using it as ground throw, though you can argus from ground throw.

what about making her fall earlier so you could argus too?.

i know it wouldnt work, im thinking of using it as ground throw, though you can argus from ground throw.

what about making her fall earlier so you could argus too?.
I guess that would be fine. It would basically be a ground grab but in the air. Actually you can combo off ground grabs if you have an item already charged too, even though no one ever does it, so the comparison is really strong.

I guess that would be fine. It would basically be a ground grab but in the air. Actually you can combo off ground grabs if you have an item already charged too, even though no one ever does it, so the comparison is really strong.
yeah and solos wouldnt have air grab full combo unless in corner.

Although, a change Cymbal Clash could stand to get is making it trigger preblock. Sorta ridiculous that it hits both upback and downback. I never feel super proud of myself when I hit someone with Cymbals when they're just trying to jump.

Dear god you are speaking my language. The amount of nerd rage due to this...

Same with SOID.

Just those two drive me crazy.

Since we're sorta just throwing random things out there with little thought and seeing how it goes I'll try too!

Parasoul sniper shot vs airborne opponent doesn't make them fly away and tech, instead:

- Giant ground bounce like air to air 4HK, or Double raw tag etc.
- Falls to the ground after they are no longer frozen in the air from the shot, and performs crumple.
- Falls to the ground after they are no longer frozen in the air from the shot, hard knock down

Basically I wanna be able to shoot some dudes jumping in at me and put my shades on as I do it, and get some mix up after, or a combo.

(⌐■_■)b

Parasoul sniper shot vs airborne opponent doesn't make them fly away and tech, instead:

Bullet up ass = ground bounce.
Right.
If anything they should just drop dead from the sky and an egret should pick up the body by the neck, like Duck Hunt. :PUN:

Bullet up ass = ground bounce.
Right.
Doubles raw tag flies in from the side and damn that bounce is pretty fucking Y = 99999 X = 0.

Also yeah lets do the egret pick up thing too because
????

It uses your OTG but takes away Parasouls soundstun but heals her for half damage also LK Fukua drill movement option pls.

Hi. Lemme be straight here - if you think losing teleport+assist mixups results in her having "little to no mixups" then you need to be more than 1-trick pony, second at Evo or not. (Go read the responses to Fukua losing crossup fireball combos and compare them to your argument here. Your stance strongly serves to justify that it's too strong as it is because it overpowers all other options, heh.)
She has IAD overheads, she has lows, and she has throws. There are mixups, ALL of which can lead into 7k+ and them being fullscreen again if you so choose, or up close with a held SoID.
j.MK (overhead that you can land-cancel!) + c.MK (faster low) or another j.MK, is a mixup. Hell, you can do a falling j.MK then land and throw them before the MK, which is still coming, even hits!
Having a held MP SoID makes everything up close even scarier, and being able to convert throws or any stray fullscreen hit into a full combo if you want...man.

I think you're very much glossing over the strength of 2 bar Lenny Argus, and you are entirely wrong about it not being a thing you'll want to do except to kill. I do agree about the lower damage on Lenny not being necessary, though.

As for chipping you to death...she's a zoning character, that's what zoning characters do.
Actually I believe losing both her teleport+assist and comboing after a throw result in her having much fewer mixups. It's not about being a one-trick-pony, I've already been able to hold my own without the teleport+assist and was ready to accept that change. And yes she still does have mixups but the main problem is starting a combo in the first place. Against Sage it was either from airthrows or soid confirms, but now it's soid confirms and spending two bars to confirm from stray hits. I've always been conservative with my meter as Peacock, only using it for the kill or when I'd bring the opponent down to chip/argus range, so I suppose it's only natural I feel needing to spend my resources for my main combo starter and for weak damage as a situational option, not my go-to option.

Also you are probably right with j.mk stuff, I haven't practiced with it particularly since my main focus was the other changes. And about iad overheads, they might catch an opponent who isn't paying attention, but they're kind of easy to block on reaction so it rarely works. I much prefer c.mk/throw mixups but maybe iad overheads can be more useful with the new j.mk.

Since we're sorta just throwing random things out there with little thought and seeing how it goes I'll try too!

- Falls to the ground after they are no longer frozen in the air from the shot, and performs crumple.
- Falls to the ground after they are no longer frozen in the air from the shot, hard knock down

Basically I wanna be able to shoot some dudes jumping in at me and put my shades on as I do it, and get some mix up after, or a combo.

(⌐■_■)b

LMAO I would play parasoul again so fast. When's Skullgirls Kusoge Max Edition

How can you suggest these things instead of the true one:

- Sniper flicks the opponent away at a higher angle+faster, followed by a wallbounce to Parasoul's feet

Doubles raw tag flies in from the side and damn that bounce is pretty fucking Y = 99999 X = 0.
Nevermind how the fuck it works when you trade with Double's Tag. Which I don't think is ever going to change for some reason.

- Sniper shot will extend the the FTx by a multiple of 13 every time it hits an airborne opponent. A FT2 with solo Eliza must be played after the rounds are done to determine the real winner.

Also make the Egret charge grab people lower to the ground.

In an actual suggestion I'd like to at the least try out, could LP Brass become +7 on hit? It'd give him a 1 frame window to link a light punch afterwards and give him a way to convert from brass midscreen outside of horn crush.

If it shows to be too strong I'd be fine with getting rid of it, but I'd like to see how it would go.

In an actual suggestion I'd like to at the least try out, could LP Brass become +7 on hit? It'd give him a 1 frame window to link a light punch afterwards and give him a way to convert from brass midscreen outside of horn crush.

If it shows to be too strong I'd be fine with getting rid of it, but I'd like to see how it would go.
Seems sort of way too good for a safe poke. L Brass is already one of Big Band's best moves without this.

ok i have an idea that i've never mentioned and i don't think it's retarded so i'm going to say it

i want the option to replace my macros with dedicated assist buttons if possible, similar to the assist buttons in mvc2 and umvc3. i ask for this because sometimes certain buttons + assist calls equals me getting a raw tag that i definitely do not want. like with fukua i do cr.hp + assist 2 and since my assist 2 macro is mp+hk sometimes the game reads that as a raw tag and then i die for it.

How do I convert off of throw lenny argus when I'm a little past midscreen?

edit: Damn, I have class now but I think I found some pretty good damage output for peacock if she lands a hit. I'll try again in 4 hours :x

Dear god you are speaking my language. The amount of nerd rage due to this...

Same with SOID.

Just those two drive me crazy.
I bet you'd like it if SOID prevented you from jumping back whenever it's nearby

Anyway for that bella j.hp idea I proposed, I simply meant that instant j.hp would hit mid and glide j.hp would still be an overhead
So the only thing affected is that silly faster than half the cast instant overhead and you can still do cool delayed high/fall low mixups and catch people sleeping with j.mp glide j.hp whatever

BUT...but...that's the EXACT THING I DID, though.
LK invincible first frame until 2f after it is active.
MK invincible first frame until 4f before it is active.

@ Double players
So for MK Bomber, would the Double Contingent prefer the old MK arc and hits with zero invincibility, or the new one with invincibility but(t) no lockdown? Cuz I honestly don't care either way, I just will not be leaving it with both. If people prefer lockdown I have no problem with that, I just figured people would prefer the invincible with combos option.
If this is the case, and it loses its Invinc frames, can it have the vanilla mk bomber properties for lockdown? I remember it being changed so it's 2nd and 3rd hits were seperated more. Just curious (And if no, could I ask for the reasoning?) Bigger bullets are cool.

Back