• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

ahhhh doubles car doing almost 1k is so NICE
yessss
the level 3 speed up is also very nice/10

time to try the luger changes

man the monster super is a hit grab... I can't parry it as BB. shucks. oh well at least I'm happy that old double animation finally got in the game. hope double players can find some good stuff with it.

good thing the NL speed up doesn't affect the timing of parrying during it. just got to be a little bit more on your toes for the first two hits. also now after the first hit of NL if BB parries it he kinda counts in the air so he'll land on the ground even though he did the animation of a ground parry. this also happens when BB parries the first hit of Fukua's upwards drill super from the ground. BB doing an aerial ground parry is kinda cool in my eyes.

Last edited:
Can I suggest a name for Double's super? "Shifty Amorphing Puddle Danger"
Or the dragon could have two palettes and be called Billy and Jimmy.....because Double Dragons :PUN:

....I'll go to my room now.

So, if H Drill has no strike invincibility, can it get throw invincibility?

It's Jimmy and Bimmy
Not sure if serious.

Reactions: Covenant
Yeah. Have you ever tried to grab a spinning drill? Shit's not fun.

double is rocket raccon now, thats awesome
Without doing multiples of them.

hmm i'm sorta mixed on the fukua changes. i know the reasons why its being tested on. while it makes fukua more fair with her gorilla damage. plus H drill into Hard knockdown kinda sucked for the players fighting fukua.

but now fukua has no real defense? atleast H drill had half the defense and stuff. I'm gonna give some more time and throw away my initial thoughts after playing it just now.
PS. can i get more players on beta?

Not sure if serious.

bimmy.jpg

Dead serious.

I did use HK drill outside of pbgc and reversals though. If someone would jump at me and push a button I would punish with drill -> super and I really liked this option since I've never had anything like it before lool.
H.Drill definitely had a lot of utility aside from the Reversal aspect, but most of that utility is lost without the invinc (eg Drill over L.George, Drill in the corner > see that opponent jumped > whiffcancel into Kiss after you cross under, call assist > midrange Drill as a poke, things), as you just won't use it

As an assist, it just kinda went woosh bloop blap zzzzzzzz
Was pretty unfair lool.
Sure was good, but unfair?
And what's it now, mediocre lockdown that doesn't hit the air?
If you compare it to eg Filia H.Hairball, it just looks worse

Throw invinc is so useless

So I was messing around with new double.
-Cilia slide to monster is safe on block most of the time. If you try to hit her majority of the time it will trade in double's favor. You can however grab her in time.
-the puddle sits there for 9 seconds which is longer than sbo. Its hitbox is also way taller, you have to super jump to get over it.
-You can end a combo in a sliding knockdown in the corner and dhc from monster to give your next character 9secs of pressure. If it starts your combo it does scale it a bit.
-Monster always drops the opponent in front of double. you can easily switch sides just by walking forward.
- HB L to monster is not safe at all but dhc can make it pretty annoying
- L lugar hits crouching Eliza and Big band

Sure was good, but unfair?
And what's it now, mediocre lockdown that doesn't hit the air?
If you compare it to eg Filia H.Hairball, it just looks worse

Throw invinc is so useless

Yeah throw invic is bleh. Idk about other chars + drill, but like since bella can do st.hp -> drill it's really good and drill ends up beating other good assists like bomber and stuff. maybe unfair is the wrong word, its rly good tho

Puddle is so funny watching. If I could make a suggestion, could it throw the opponent up out of the puddle, just so I can see them falling? Them just appearing makes it harder to time the followup. And yes, I'm playing Double now.

Can we please call this "LMAO Beasto"

please

for so many reasons

So yeah sorry about "double" posting here but uh. Remember how i said BB does a ground parry in the air. well you can do this...

RIP ME

Reactions: Icky
I'm digging the new double changes and I too stand by calling the super New Testament.

That said, can Peacock have her current throw back?

You can kinda sorta combo from it now with the recent change. Doesn't work on some characters and doesn't work from certain heights.

I played 25 games of beta and forgot to do any of the Peacock moves that got buffed oops. Maybe next time.
so the times you were playing against the laggy fukua.....you forgot......that's it i officially hate and love you with the most sincere feeling in deepest realm of my heart......i love you

Edit: didn't you do C hk?

I played 25 games of beta and forgot to do any of the Peacock moves. Maybe next time.

Don't worry peanuts, one day you'll play.

Reactions: Cadenza
so the times you were playing against the laggy fukua.....you forgot......that's it i officially hate and love you with the most sincere feeling in deepest realm of my heart......i love you

Edit: didn't you do C hk?
Maybe like once? I was like oh right this move got buffed, Im gonna do it constantly. Then I got counterhit out of it and never tried it again.

Maybe like once? I was like oh right this move got buffed, Im gonna do it constantly. Then I got counterhit out of it and never tried it again.

Try doing stuff like
st.mk
j.hp air dash j.lp j.mp j.mk(ayy overhead) stuff and lemme know how it works out for u

Reactions: mcpeanuts
"Monster!" -> "Under Bite"
I would say that "Monster!", "Under Bite" and "The New Testament" are all really good names.

:PUN:

So I just started picking up Eliza today. I'm not exactly amazing at her combos yet but I think the beta changes to Filia's hurtboxes broke the cr.MKx2 > s.HPx2 > L Spiral, s.LP link

The s.LP seems to always whiff outside the corner in beta where as in Retail I can get it pretty consistent.

Edit - Hmm looks like it is still possible in the beta but it feels noticeably more difficult.

Eh forget it I'm just going to do cr.LP instead.

Last edited:
So I just started picking up Eliza today. I'm not exactly amazing at her combos yet but I think the beta changes to Filia's hurtboxes broke the cr.MKx2 > s.HPx2 > L Spiral, s.LP link

The s.LP seems to always whiff outside the corner in beta where as in Retail I can get it pretty consistent.

Edit - Hmm looks like it is still possible in the beta but it feels noticeably more difficult.

Eh forget it I'm just going to do cr.LP instead.
Do a single hit of c.HP to pull them in. Slightly less damage but it'll make you not drop it.