• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Wiki Feedback Thread

evacino

Avid Wiki User
Reaction score
Steam
AristoKitten
Filia Peacock Fukua
Greetings to everyone here on the Skullheart forums! Even though I have been lurking around here for a good long while now, it wasn't until today that I decided to join up and officially be apart of this community. As you may or may not know, I am one of the administrators on the Skullgirls Wiki and me, along with several other users on the wiki, have noticed that the wiki has gotten its fair share of flak throughout its lifespan. This criticism has mainly been voiced on these forums throughout the years, and understandably so as this is the grand hub of all Skullgirls-related activities.

A wiki member called Banksia has compiled a list of common complaints often cited on these fourms, which include the 'Copypasting from Shoryuken wiki', the 'Uploading of unreleased content' and the 'Fanart that is present on the wiki (particularly the more... risqué ones)'. Since then, many of these issues we have tried to address such as the re-writing of the move list pages and the permanent link to the Shoryuken wiki in each of the playable characters infoboxes. Likewise, the fanart issue sparked a surprisingly heated discussion within the wikia forums as half of the users wanted the artwork to remain, thus in the end we broke even and removed all the fanart from the pages they used to be in and placed them all into their own page. These are by no means the final decisions, as both these actions have been brought about by a small subsidiary of the Skullgirls community. Perhaps there is some copied Shoryuken shenanigans still present that we haven't noticed yet or maybe you want to have your say on the fate of fanart once and for all. Either way, the wikia is an entirely collaborative effort, so it's only as good as what everyone puts in. And what better way to do this then join forces with the folks here at the Skullheart fourms and ask what your opinions are on the Wiki's current state and ask for any suggestions for what could be done for it to get improved.

I would also like to use this opportunity to apologize to the developers and anyone else negatively effected by the unreleased colour palette leaks that where uploaded onto the wiki. The set of leaks where ultimately uploaded through a progression that started out as a simple topic point. A user called Delphox, who is known for uploading high quality images onto the wiki, simply mentioned that there where Robo-Fortune's palettes already in the game as a passing comment. In response I asked them in what code format it was shown as, whether as disjoined lettering or being fully visual. An example of how the code demonstrated this was reconstructed and from there all the palettes ended up getting leaked. Of course this reason does not justify the issues this has caused and we at the time failed to see the distress this would have caused to all the people who work hard to make this game happen. I just wanted to give you people somewhat of an explanation on how the situation occurred in the first place and let you know that the wiki have now set up rules in place to prevent something like this from happening again.

As I said, any of your criticisms are welcome here and I am happy to answer any questions you might have, along with any other wikia members who might join in with the discussion. I am still new to these forums though so if I make some mistakes try not to blame me entirely. (:0

Last edited:
A respectable apology. I have nothing to forgive because the wiki never offended me. I like the variety and the quick updates the wiki offers. Shoryuken is too insular and slow to keep pace (for instance, Cerebella is still two palettes behind). However, while Shoryuken has a cleaner format for the technical side of fighting, I like how the wikia lists combos and should do more of this (Shoryuken stops at move list and should have combos listed).

Concerning the data dived palette poaching, when it first appeared, I thought it dubious. King of Colors, EU03, even stated he didn't recognize the pseudo "almost Andy Anvil" Beowulf color as his own. I share the eagerness to pull apart and analyze every aspect of the game, but I thought peeping at private code crossed the line. Like finding Christmas presents before they're wrapped, it kind of ruins the surprise and violates a trust with the gifter. Thank you for deciding against this kind of sneaking a peek behavior in the future.

Reactions: evacino
A respectable apology. I have nothing to forgive because the wiki never offended me. I like the variety and the quick updates the wiki offers... [cont.]
I'm glad you are liking the wikia so far! I will look into adding more combo opportunies and writing up more detailed general character strategies.
I will admit I'm not very tech-savvy when it comes to fighting games - I can still lose to level 3 cpus in Smash Bros.! Saying that though I have a pretty good grasp to how the mechanics function so I can probably find some more stuff with a little research. Likewise if you have any tips on what to include please let me know!

I plan on writing up a full set of rules for the wiki to follow by once I've gathered enough feedback from here. That way it would make sure the wiki stays organized since more severe consequences could be enforced such as the temporary banning of users. Honestly though I don't think there are any users like that on the wikia currently so it's unlikely that would ever be an issue; it's more for the fact that the wiki will have proper rules so it follows the same standards to something like the Mario wiki.

Speaking of standards, fanart was one of the more ambiguous topics I wanted to bring up. The link to the current fanart page is here, which I have currently locked from further editing so just the image selection uploaded already can be reviewed. Just wanted to see what the majority of you think of it's current state, whether or not you think all the images are acceptable or if fanart should even be included at all.

Last edited:
I thought I'd drop by to give my opinion on fanart on the wikia;

Personally, I'm neutral towards it. Since it's separate from the official stuff and it's sourced to the original creators. But I do think that we should remove some of the more risque ones if we're planning on keeping it (since one of the images has been removed before/re-uploaded). Keeping the page locked is a good idea in my opinion, I feel there's too much fanart on it anyway. We don't need any more.

Reactions: evacino