• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Soitenly's Art Thread (Requests Closed!)

iqftbr.jpg
And here you are, finished! And thank you for the especially kind words, as always! They make me so fluttery, gosh...

If I were to make to submit something to eightysixed, what kind of design would you folks prefer?

In what order will the requests be? Wasn't the top request a picture with Painwheel and Double in Kamen Rider and Envy colours?

Soi that looks awesome! Do you mind if I call you Soi? I like to give people nicknames.

As for what you should submit to EightySixed, I'm obligated to suggest a Beowulf design, but really you should do whatever you want. You spend so much time doing free requests for other people, I think you should do something for yourself, you definitely deserve it.

Excellent work. Alas, poor Juju. I knew her, Sointenly.

In what medium would your work be displayed? My humble two cents and others might disagree but I feel your work, given its almost water-color like look would best be suited for posters, stickers and pins.
As for what kind of design? Don't mind me because I've always been kind of a stick-in-the-mud in that regard and I favor things that are simple and straightforward like that Juju illustration. On that note, and if you want to try it out, I've read a few comments clamoring for "discreet" t-shirt designs. I don't know if Alex's very own design could be considered discreet but the coloring does make it...less intrusive, I guess? I'm sure that whatever you'll cook up, it will look great in that regard. One of the reasons I'm quite fond of your art is exactly the pastel coloring being easy on the eye.
But to rake the green, I'd narrow the choices down to the popular characters. We're all whores.

Reactions: Soitenly
It's pretty out of order... I tend to do the requests that have the clearest image in my head. Right now, those would be: The Painwheel/Double request you mentioned, the medicis playing beach volleyball, Viceversa and Avery & Ms. Fortune as Excel Excel. I could try going in order though but I think I'll have to alternate between the new requests and the old requests...

And yes, that's perfectly fine! Feel free to call me whatever you'd like!
I've actually been having a hard time drawing for myself lately. I tend to get more easily frustrated working on my own stuff...

EDIT: I'm sorry, I posted this before I saw your comment Balder! But I agree, I feel that my stuff may do better as a poster/sticker than a t-shirt precisely because of how I color.

Alright, I'll keep discrete and simple on my mind. (And thank you for sharing that link, I hadn't seen that t-shirt design)

Last edited:
Reactions: Balder
I haven't bought any stickers from EightySixed, but I will if Soi makes one.

Reactions: Soitenly
It's pretty out of order... I tend to do the requests that have the clearest image in my head. Right now, those would be: The Painwheel/Double request you mentioned, the medicis playing beach volleyball, Viceversa and Avery & Ms. Fortune as Excel Excel. I could try going in order though but I think I'll have to alternate between the new requests and the old requests...

And yes, that's perfectly fine! Feel free to call me whatever you'd like!
I've actually been having a hard time drawing for myself lately. I tend to get more easily frustrated working on my own stuff...

EDIT: I'm sorry, I posted this before I saw your comment Balder! But I agree, I feel that my stuff may do better as a poster/sticker than a t-shirt precisely because of how I color.

Alright, I'll keep discrete and simple on my mind. (And thank you for sharing that link, I hadn't seen that t-shirt design)
It depends, but if you want to run something by me first, feel free.

@Soitenly Sorry for taking this long to give my opinion of your piece. I was quite busy with stuff today :P

Anyways, MY GOSH that looks fantastic! I can't thank you enough for putting my name alongside such a brilliantly-made art of my favoritist Black Egret! ^_^