• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Solo Team with assists, crazy idea.

Sting

Reaction score
If Lab Zero gets money sometime, what about if they add an assist system like Marvel Vs Capcom 1? with characters from the universe that unlikely will be playable but have a place to be a limited assist for solo teams.

I would like that but this really is not the right forum for this, accursed phones not letting me move it to the right forum

Peacock's almost already sorta doing this.

Yo, we MVC1 and KOF2000/KOF2001? I actually thought about this once, but I am not sure if this is something Mike would want in this game

I wouldn't mind if it was an option between solo and 2 man team, taking a small penalty (between solo and 2man) on health and damage to compensate.

I don't think giving solos assists is a good idea. I son't want to even think of the number of problems it would cause.

Would be troublesome to have an assist combo extension in a char with boosted damage and life

Reactions: Icky
Would be troublesome to have an assist combo extension in a char with boosted damage and life
This. Solos with assists would be broken due to their health and damage. Yes, they miss out on DHC, red life, and alpha counters, but I still think solos would become waaayyy too good.

Play Aquapazza

I already do man! Karulau/Rina FTW!

On Topic: I think it's a great idea to give solos a partner that can assist, but not tag in or DHC. The health and damage would have to be re-tweaked, but at least they would no longer be just overall worse than duos and solos.

maybe it's too much of a change to think about this right now...

maybe in SG2

As a solo player I wouldn't want an assist attack mechanic. Kind of takes away from the lone wolf tank play-style the ratio choice is supposed to deliver. Games like Aquapazza/Dengeki Bunko/etc is different because 1 vs 1 with an assist is a standardized mechanic where Skullgirls has no such restriction that is balanced around it. I'm all for solo getting reasonable subtle positive changes, but this wouldn't be one of them.