• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Souls Series and Bloodborne

I CAN RUN STEAM THROUGH WINDOWS.png
I can finally play Dark Souls II, I just need to drop a whole $40.
FUCK MY LIFE.

I can finally play Dark Souls II, I just need to drop a whole $40.
FUCK MY LIFE.
there's also the DLC, which is definitally worth it. may want to wait for the holiday steam sale that will inevitable come.

there's also the DLC, which is definitally worth it. may want to wait for the holiday steam sale that will inevitable come.
Holy Hell, that's like a total of $70. Fuck Steam, I'm not made of money.
When would this holiday sale show up?

Holy Hell, that's like a total of $70. Fuck Steam, I'm not made of money.
When would this holiday sale show up?
early December and it tends to be really high sales, like the summer one had it at 33% off, so the winter one would prolly be even more. if you're tight on money only buy games on steam with the steam sale. they would proly also have a deal for the dlc also.

AUGH, I DON'T WANNA WAIT THAT LONG.
Fuck it, I'll just sell my PS3 and video games for the cash.

The problem with that is they introduce a new game mechanic no one has to use up until that point and have no hints to let you know you need to burn the windmill to beat the boss. Not too mention odd placement too. It seemed unnecasry to force that situation on the player, but I digress.

Not trying to start an argument here, but I didn't have a problem with that part at first since I always scan areas for treasure. And I had a few flame butterflies to spare. Typically, I read messages a lot, so that's probably why I didn't have a problem, but in the end, I'm glad I did burn that thing. Don't have time for all that poison.

Hey guys, I've played through 95% of Demon's Souls (I have defeated every boss except for the last boss of Boletaria). I have just started Dark Souls and have made it to Undead Parish. What mechanics have changed?

Hey guys, I've played through 95% of Demon's Souls (I have defeated every boss except for the last boss of Boletaria). I have just started Dark Souls and have made it to Undead Parish. What mechanics have changed?
I don't know much about demon souls but what i do know some of the changes are that spells have limited uses now and you can have more than one spell equiped. also when you die you don't lose half your health, and if you're playing offline it's much better to be hallowed out.

...so I finally platinum'd DS2. After some investigation, I found out I could rank up the Bell Keeper covenant offline by "farming" the Mad Warrior in Belfry Sol. And so I did. Got lucky and was done with it in a hour (18 kills) and also got a whole Mad Warrior set to add to my collection. Picked up my Hidden Weapon scroll, got my "all sorceries" trophy, MUH platinum, t(-_-t) the midget and back to praising our magnificent father. \[T]/

Side note, I'm still trying to figure the design of this thing:
King's_Ultra_Greatsword.png

King's Ultra Greatsword. Description says only Vendrick knows if it's a "affectionate exaltation" or a "resentful mockery" of the Queen.
One half has a carving of Nashandra that doesn't seem to have anything peculiar about it and I just recently noticed that the rain guard is a inverted crown but other than that, can't notice anything special. Still trying to figure if the side opposite of the sculpture has anything special about it but I don't think so.
This would have been a lot easier to decipher if Vendrick drew a dick on her forehead... >_>

And by the by, it's gonna snow next week.
DSII_banner_DLC3.jpg

Fancy crown. Almost feminine looking. Would be neat if the Ivory King were a lady and the fragment of Manus turned into a prince. :3

Congrats on platinum sunbro! I did that in Dark Souls 1, but I have no will to do that in this game.

Snow and Ice, huh? Cool. Good thing I've already beaten the other two DLC's by now, I'm eager to find out what happens if you have all three crowns.

(You can do it - if you beat the Maneater boss, you can definitely beat the false king. And then you can confront the Old One, and then you can play through a few more times, and then you can get the platinum trophy, and then you can PvP for a while, and then you can gush about how much you love the game on some Skullgirls forum)
You'll feel comfortable in Dark Souls - most of the spells are different, and the weapon timings differ a bit, but many of the mechanics are the same. Now there is no central hub that you have to return to, instead you travel from bonfire to bonfire. Recovery is different in that you have a limited amount of Estus Flask uses before you reach the next bonfire. It's a great experience, you will quickly pick up on how everything works if you made it that far through Demon's Souls.

And by the by, it's gonna snow next week.
DSII_banner_DLC3.jpg

Fancy crown. Almost feminine looking. Would be neat if the Ivory King were a lady and the fragment of Manus turned into a prince. :3
i wonder what the crown does since right now i have been fashion soul-ing the shit out of the sunken crown. also i do hope there is that gender swap thingy it would be cool.

Quick update: I have managed to defeat the Bell Gargoyle in Dark Souls and have reached Soul Level 25. While in Demon's Souls I still haven't even gotten to the False King because of the blue dragon. I can't have Biorr distract it because he died after the Penetrator fight ;-;7

Some screens for CIK:
http://imgur.com/a/H7lTK
http://www.4gamer.net/games/196/G019662/20140918059/

Looks like the martial arts move set is coming with this chapter.

Side note, something I keep forgetting to ask - bearing in mind I'm making a quality build (40 STR/40 DEX), any weapons worth infusing with Poison or Bleed? I'm thinking of infusing my Red Iron Twinblade with the later.

Reactions: Denizen
I hope PUNCH WIZARD is a viable build.

Also it looks so Painted World.

I hope PUNCH WIZARD is a viable build.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
Some screens for CIK:
http://imgur.com/a/H7lTK
http://www.4gamer.net/games/196/G019662/20140918059/

Side note, something I keep forgetting to ask - bearing in mind I'm making a quality build (40 STR/40 DEX), any weapons worth infusing with Poison or Bleed? I'm thinking of infusing my Red Iron Twinblade with the later.
the Richards rapier is a good weapon to infuse for those because of it's heavy attack, also you could use the resins instead.

I got a question, how do y'all feel about battle etiquette? This is an open ended question that can be about anything, but right now I'm thinking about when it's appropriate to attack an opponent during animations.

I think that attacking during their gesture is a dick move, but attacking while they're setting up buffs is totally fine. Like, why should I allow them to get an advantage over me?

I got a question, how do y'all feel about battle etiquette? This is an open ended question that can be about anything, but right now I'm thinking about when it's appropriate to attack an opponent during animations.

I think that attacking during their gesture is a dick move, but attacking while they're setting up buffs is totally fine. Like, why should I allow them to get an advantage over me?
I tend to just buff while they buff also gestures are super important to any start of a fight, if they don't and i kill them i "no way" gesture at the end. also i do that if they try to run and heal.

also i never heal first in a fight, but if they heal and i have the chance to heal i will heal in response.

While I have never been able to play DS PvP, that's pretty much how my etiquette would be. If they want to start off with a friendly wave or bow, or even a competitive "well what is it?" I'd hold back, but I don't see why I should just sit by and let them pray up some buffs, chomp on some grass, and slather resin on their weapon while I sit there twiddling my thumbs.

I've never had a problem with players healing during a fight, if they mange to do it then it's my own fault for not taking advantage of the opportunity. However, I do have a problem with people who run and hide in order to heal.

Running and hiding in general is cowardly in my opinion. I don't have a problem with sneak attacks though.
Stealth is a perfectly respectable part of combat, both in video games and in real life.

I've never had a problem with players healing during a fight, if they mange to do it then it's my own fault for not taking advantage of the opportunity. However, I do have a problem with people who run and hide in order to heal.

Running and hiding in general is cowardly in my opinion. I don't have a problem with sneak attacks though.
Stealth is a perfectly respectable part of combat, both in video games and in real life.
I love trying to do shenanigan stealth things, like when i'm a rat bro i just jump from the upper thing to do a plunge attack on phantoms that come in and using stuff with chameleon is super fun but you gotta be really patient with it which i'm sometimes not.

So what are the odds of Dark Souls II being reduced in price this Wednesday for the release of the Ivory King DLC?

Yup.

From Software said:
We have decided by various circumstances, to change the delivery date. To everyone having to wait, we apologize for any inconvenience, please kindly understand.

They won't say why, but the third, and biggest (Sunken King was about 1.5GB, Old Iron King just under 4GB, Ivory King is said to be 8.5GB) DLC is delayed. This is the finale so I don't mind them being extra cautious.

(Sunken King was about 1.5GB, Old Iron King just under 4GB, Ivory King is said to be 8.5GB)

giphy.gif

Now I'm mad that I have to wait!

ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

Agh! My NG build has been dawdling around for so much. Guess I'll Sunbro a bit more as well as practice my dual swordsmanship (recently discovered I can power stance Sun Sword and Claymore).

Courtesy of Reddit, here's a list of item types (meaning no names) for Ivory King DLC:
2 Boss souls

9 keys? (This is strange)

6 rings

1 Hex

1 Miracle

1 Sorcery

1 Crown

1 Mask

4 complete armor sets

3 shields

1 twinblade

1 UGS

1 Curved GS

1 Greatbow

2 Sorcery Catalysts

1 fist weapon

1 lance

2 greatswords

1 curved sword

1 rapier

2 straightswords

1 dagger

Reactions: Denizen
Yeah but I want to hear the rest of vendricks dialogue before I kill him.

? You can access his memories even if you kill him.

2 Boss souls

9 keys? (This is strange)

6 rings

1 Hex

1 Miracle

1 Sorcery

1 Crown

1 Mask

4 complete armor sets

3 shields

1 twinblade

1 UGS

1 Curved GS

1 Greatbow

2 Sorcery Catalysts

1 fist weapon

1 lance

2 greatswords

1 curved sword

1 rapier

2 straightswords

1 dagger

2 Boss-Souls? Arent there normally three bosses in there? And a new one if you have all crowns? Or are these only for the new world?

also wow that size increase is more than double the past ones, i kind of expect a new NPC with this.

2 Boss-Souls? Arent there normally three bosses in there? And a new one if you have all crowns? Or are these only for the new world?
Allegedly, all this stuff is for the new area only. There's no guarantee of anything extra after acquiring the three crowns ...but would be kinda lame if there weren't.
And yes, so far each chapter had 3 boss fights but remember Sunken King also only had two boss souls (Elana and Sinh), while beating the Gank Squad rewarded the player with a Slab. ...............uh oh! I don't wanna go through that crap again. -_-"

Oh, for some reason I thought he had to be alive to access his memory's, silly me.

:D

With a Souls-game you never take your chances, it's only natural you wouldn’t want to gamble and try it out. But you can kind of put it together, because the hollow of Vendrick doesn’t even have a soul anymore and it is his old worldly belongings that hold up his memory, not the hollow shell that walks around in the room.

Allegedly, all this stuff is for the new area only. There's no guarantee of anything extra after acquiring the three crowns ...but would be kinda lame if there weren't.

And yes, so far each chapter had 3 boss fights but remember Sunken King also only had two boss souls (Elana and Sinh), while beating the Gank Squad rewarded the player with a Slab. ...............uh oh! I don't wanna go through that crap again. -_-"

Yeah... I've just recently beaten these guys with the crappy game-summons. I really didn’t want to buy a new membership just to summon some guys with brains :>

2 bosses are actually fine by me, if they are unique. The last DLC also had a Smelter Demon in blue, so the same boss again just with magic damage and 2 new moves. And it could also be that some bosses in the DLC just don’t drop souls, but other objects of value in this new world. Lets wait and see.

Fuck it, I'm not gonna wait for the Ivory King DLC. I'm gonna buy the game on Steam this Wednesday.
I have a question though. If Skullgirls runs smoothly on my laptop, then can I run Dark Souls II just as well?

I really don't know what makes a game demanding on an operating system.

If Skullgirls runs smoothly on my laptop, then can I run Dark Souls II just as well?

Not really. Just check what your laptop has inside and then compare it to the recommended system specifications given out by Namco Bandai. You don’t need to understand what each one does, just look if your laptop meets the requirements.

Like I said before my laptop is a Macbook Pro and I'm running Windows through a program called Wine Bottler.
Comparing Windows requirements to Mac requirements is like comparing, apples to oranges I guess.

What I want to know is what's more demanding on the average computer system, Skullgirls or Dark Souls?
If Skullgirls is more demanding then I have nothing to worry about, real simple.

Like I said before my laptop is a Macbook Pro and I'm running Windows through a program called Wine Bottler.

Comparing Windows requirements to Mac requirements is like comparing, apples to oranges I guess.

I mean the hardware your Macbook Pro has. Compare that to the system requirements for Dark Souls 2, you can find those through Google.

I just realized what you where trying to say. Sorry, I have no experience with Mac.

What I want to know is what's more demanding on the average computer system, Skullgirls or Dark Souls?
If Skullgirls is more demanding then I have nothing to worry about, real simple.

Dark Souls 2. General rule: If it looks better and has a huge 3D-rendered world then it needs more resources from the hardware.