• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Spacewhale's spacey pixel art

Since im gonna sprite the Elite Four, I thought I should start with the music waifu

Try spritingsomething this fucking huge late at night heeeh haaaaaaaaa i need to rest
Thank you for the kind words Duke! :D

well the cat's out of the bag

If you weren't already working on the Annie game I would ask if you were interested spriting for my Kill la Kill game, cause this stuff is great.

Man how does he walk in those heels with those tiny legs and fancy accessories?

Edit: must be a pain to draw over and over

nah, there aren't many different Luso Artworks, and the sprite's size makes it look almost devoid of all this exaggerated nomurization

Q8NKpd3.png

Actually, that's really common with old/portable Square sprites. when you compare the sprite, how you've imagined the character for your entire life and the real artwork, you brain gets a BSoD.

A good example is bartz:
Sprite:
icggYDm.png

what i imagined my whole life:

pVydUzE.png

what amano drew (is that the right verb?)

ctXG8nG.jpg

And the nomurized+digital treated version

NRMG00o.png

Well, that's another discussion entirely. A good one, i believe, but not fit for this topic.

If you weren't already working on the Annie game I would ask if you were interested spriting for my Kill la Kill game, cause this stuff is great.
no. he's our kawaii spacewhale princess! he just got noticed by Senpai. you can't take him away from this now!

Mega Man Mega Time? Yes!

A new stance for Roll, and a example of how it would blend with the official sprites

tumblr_inline_myu83rFVZS1rpgamb.gif
tumblr_inline_myu839d39v1rpgamb.gif

Found old lineart for this Fake Man sprite, so I shaded it in.
tumblr_myuy27hitT1rwxvn2o1_250.png

Aaaannnnd the two Light Brothers!
megaaaaaa_by_megamanrockx2-d6cmhgv.png
dr_light_number_000_by_megamanrockx2-d6cgwh4.png

I'm sorta interested to see what you'd do at that scale if you weren't aiming at existing frames... :^)

How's this?
tumblr_mywnlvceNi1rwxvn2o1_250.png
tumblr_mywnlvceNi1rwxvn2o2_250.png

You're on a roll! you're on THE roll!

Can never respect a Mega Man fan or a good sprite artist enough. When you find both on the same person... well, you just got a new fan!

Reactions: Immaevilspacewhale
it kinda reminds me of an old timey TV turning on.

but annie has nothing to do involving TV. nope. nothing at all.
2169924-kappa.png

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
I fixed it up, and changed the image in the post. How's it now? ^.^

Oh hey, I finally got this finished
Not gonna bump the Annie game thread with this so i'll just post it here
This is so damn cute that I have to reassert my masculinity by watching 3 hours of Spike TV.

This is so damn cute that I have to reassert my masculinity by watching 3 hours of Spike TV.
Just drink one of these and you'll be having TESTOSTERONE FLOWING OUT OF YOUR NOSTRILS

POWERTHIRRRRRRRST
YOU'LL VOMIT A WEDDING

Last edited:
tumblr_mzvzilKWoO1rwxvn2o1_250.gif

A new mechanic for the Annie game, a Parry!

When you use the input down, down, attack, Annie goes into a counter state, if done at the exact moment of impact of an incoming attack, the attack will be deflected and no damage will occur.

Annie will counter attack any physical contact, while projectiles will be simply parried.

CAN YOU GUYS BELIEVE ALEX NOTICED OUR GAMEKWDNEFVGJSKEADBHGF

Cosmic CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE

that's all I got.

It almost looks like it'll cut open a rift and suck everything in.

Wow, all these names are wonderful. Gonna be hard deciding on which one to choose. Feel free to throw in more, guys!

Reactions: No longer exist
Showtime is over! Autographs from Annie will be signed in the back of the stage.
Gather round, gather round
tumblr_n0i859t4Kv1rwxvn2o1_250.png

Thank you Skullmageddon for the original lineart! I may animate this sprite, or do the other stance he made.

And here's Annie along with the other sprites I made
tumblr_mwl3stlwEO1rwxvn2o1_250.png
tumblr_n0i859t4Kv1rwxvn2o1_250.png
tumblr_mv3n9b9hoy1rwxvn2o1_250.png

I finally finished this! I feel rather proud of the outcome. My teacher thought she was a new Disney princess.
tumblr_n0sufc0uCe1rwxvn2o1_250.png
tumblr_n0sufc0uCe1rwxvn2o2_250.png

Fighter sprites are fun to make, so I might do a couple more. Sling some ideas at me and i'll do the most interesting ones.

I finally finished this! I feel rather proud of the outcome. My teacher thought she was a new Disney princess.
tumblr_n0sufc0uCe1rwxvn2o1_250.png
tumblr_n0sufc0uCe1rwxvn2o2_250.png

Fighter sprites are fun to make, so I might do a couple more. Sling some ideas at me and i'll do the most interesting ones.
I was wondering .. do you use any other software to create your pixel art?, something like paint tool sai is pretty good for editing in layers.. just saying, otherwise your art is pretty damn good!

I use only MS Paint, and Gimp to make them transparent

Someone on Tumblr suggested Paint Tool Sai to me, which i'll check out eventually.

Reactions: Combo_Knight
I use only MS Paint, and Gimp to make them transparent

Someone on Tumblr suggested Paint Tool Sai to me, which i'll check out eventually.
You should do it right now!! (even if it's a trial version)
It will change your life.. paletizing your pictures will be so much faster ,and the editing based on layers will make your life 10 easier!