• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Splatoon

So the Gatling Gun is fun...

image.jpg

Source

I think i inked a little when I saw a squid girl revving up her minigun. Dreams really do come true, the purest mix of anime cuteness and raw brutal power. mmmmmmmhhhh take me now.

I think i inked a little when I saw a squid girl revving up her minigun. Dreams really do come true, the purest mix of anime cuteness and raw brutal power. mmmmmmmhhhh take me now.
I think i inked a little.

1319611982780.jpg

that's called a stain. and what kind of ninja is clumsy enough to spill black ink? That would give them away.

He's just luring us into a false sense of security by pretending to be really bad at his job. All war is deception after all.

it's true i wear dark grey, with only a belt of red. But really wearing red is part of the traditional shinobi uniform.

Splatoon Is Getting Its Major Update On August 5th

splatoon-august-update-art-656x384.jpg

Nintendo has now sent out an official announcement about Splatoon’s next big update.
This will be available on August 5 in North America and August 6 in Europe.

On Aug. 5, a free software update in the Splatoon game for the Wii U console brings a large amount of new content to the game, including two new matchmaking modes, new weapon types, an increase to the game’s level cap and more than 40 pieces of new gear.
Players will now be able to create a winning strategy and fight to be the best and most battle-tested squid squad around.

The new update introduces Squad Battle and Private Battle matchmaking options. In Squad Battle, players can participate in Ranked Battle rule sets with friends, rather than being teamed up with other players through a random selection.
After a player creates a squad, friends can be recruited to form a team of two to four Inklings.
Friends will always play together on the same team and battle against other squads at random.

In Private Battle, friends can splat it up in private, customizable matches.
Two to eight friends can battle together by selecting their favorite map, mode and weapons.
The number of participants ranges from 1v1 to 4v4, but teams don’t have to be even:
If the host chooses, he or she can select a 1v4, 1v2, or any other combination of players.

With this robust new update also comes an increased level cap in both Regular Battle and Ranked Battle modes. After downloading the software update, players will be able to reach level 50 (raised from level 20) and rank S and S+ (both higher than A+).

Two new weapon types will be available with the update, adding a new layer of strategy to the game.
The bucket-like Slosher weapons hurl ink straight ahead at an impressive range.
By adjusting the angle, these new weapons can be used to splat opponents who are up high or even on the other side of a wall.
With the Gatling-style Splatling, players can charge blasts of all-powerful ink.
A maximum charge unleashes the full potential of this particular weapon type. In addition to the new weapons, more than 40 pieces of gear, including everything from a leather jacket to a sushi-chef costume, are coming to the various in-game shops in Splatoon.

Last edited:
Barely Level 10 here, but that's because aside from the Splatfests I have been working on the Single Player & Amiibo Missions when I Splatoon.

I'm level 20, I fear to touch ranked mode...and I sadly haven't gotten to play the new stage yet.... also I reaalllly wanna try that new gun ^^;

Camp Triggerfish is fun, you just have to remember there are Net Floors on a lot of the areas and that when one minute is left you can access the elevated areas tot he right of your respective start without having to circle the whole map.

Barely Level 10 here, but that's because aside from the Splatfests I have been working on the Single Player & Amiibo Missions when I Splatoon.
I binged the single player and amiibo missions over...maybe three days. Give or take a day. It's really fun and makes me hope that there will be a horde mode with bosses thrown in one day.

I binged the single player and amiibo missions over...maybe three days. Give or take a day. It's really fun and makes me hope that there will be a horde mode with bosses thrown in one day.

RL is making me take my time. I'm thinking about working on Zone 4 this Evening. The Limited Ink Challenges are a pain, but fun. Worst one so far is the first Invisible Platforms Stage, just because there are so many enemies you can't just Zip Past. Octowhirl was a challenge more due to the time constraints even with Kraken. Makes me wonder how hard Octomaw will be (and how much I need to amp My main gun's damage.)

RL is making me take my time. I'm thinking about working on Zone 4 this Evening. The Limited Ink Challenges are a pain, but fun. Worst one so far is the first Invisible Platforms Stage, just because there are so many enemies you can't just Zip Past. Octowhirl was a challenge more due to the time constraints even with Kraken. Makes me wonder how hard Octomaw will be (and how much I need to amp My main gun's damage.)
Hey, I understand. I had a free weekend so I could just play all day. =)
But imo, the challenges weren't that difficult, just enjoyably different. I only had to restart 2-3 times out of all the challenges. I remember at least one of those times was just me running out of ink.....on one of the invisible platforms stages. The one with the pyramid of enemies at the end; I eventually just said "**** it", focused on one side(i didnt bother splatting them all), and made a b-line to the catfish. I was covered in enemy ink , but I made it. The kraken challenges are the easiest imo; outside of launchers that dont activate until you beat the enemies in the area, you could just pass by pretty much any enemy. It became significantly easier when I realized my jump killed enemies and that I could ink up walls without shooting them lol.

at that info on the new update I've found myself sweating and fanning myself off with my hands like a celebrity from excitement...

How can a game be so perfect yet consistently outdo themselves is beyond me *cough* skullgirls *cough*

But holy crap looks like this is gonna have me on that splatoon grind again once the update is out!

Being in rank B and A was already stressful, rank S is going to be bad for my health.

Hyped for everything else though.

at that info on the new update I've found myself sweating and fanning myself off with my hands like a celebrity from excitement...

How can a game be so perfect yet consistently outdo themselves is beyond me *cough* skullgirls *cough*

But holy crap looks like this is gonna have me on that splatoon grind again once the update is out!
Please, Splatoon is clearly more perfect than SG.

Splatoon has Annie.

I know some people would love to give marie their "Milk tea".

..As in they would offer her a nice cup of milk tea...and nothing else.

I know some people would love to give marie their "Milk tea".

..As in they would offer her a nice cup of milk tea...and nothing else.
It's funny because it leads you to believe it's becoming an innuendo on semen, yet reverses it to become a more, slightly shadier way of saying you were only implying the original source

Back