• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Splatoon

I played out of my mind in this Rainmaker match.

G03Q5NX.png
We nearly ran it back during overtime despite the d/c.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
And I'm still trying to figure out when exactly I'll have the cursor over someone to pull the trigger on a Charger.

I'm going to have a lot of mediocre Turf War matches but my aim will improve (I'm still not using the Sting Ray, Firefin set for me).

Blackbelly Skatepark is coming back!

tumblr_oyei7bhmeM1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyei7bhmeM1u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyei7bhmeM1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyei7bhmeM1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

Reports are in that Blackbelly Skatepark is preparing for a grand reopening on Friday, October 27th! Some may remember this stage from before: it features many ramps and hills, and the cylindrical tower is still found smack dab in the middle. However, after performing a highly scientific comparison, it appears that the two spawn points are further back on elevated platforms. This means added protection from enterprising enemies who may be hanging about.

Let's go splatting now, everybody's learning how- wait, it said Skatepark, not Surf Shack!

A golden opportunity rolls in!
tumblr_oyhq0nOx5w1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyhq0nOx5w1u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyhq0nOx5w1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

Greetings, everyone! Today’s weapon report is very dynamic because it’s about a Dynamo. Err, does that make it Dynamo-ic? We’ll work on that phrasing, but more important is that the Gold Dynamo Roller will be available starting tonight!

It’s functionally the same as the Dynamo Roller (except it looks more expensive). This means that you’ll still have a weighty roller that’s designed for high strength and long range. However, this kit also comes with the Splat Bomb sub weapon and the Ink Armor special – making it much easier to fight near the front lines of battle.

Splatoon's Tumblr just posted a pic. The ultimate day of spookiness is tomorrow! ...But I'm not sure how to describe Marina's makeup.
tumblr_oyi13q2XBr1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

So, the next Splatfest for Europe is Hot Breakfast (Pearl) as in: Pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc.

and Cold Breakfast (Marina) as in: Cereal, doughnuts, and fruit.

Marina's never gonna win a Splatfest, is she?

I dunno. Doughnuts and cereal are pretty delicious. I wish I could say the same for pancakes and bacon. (Nothing personal, I just can't eat pancakes or bacon without feeling sick.)

Sooo I guess I'm rooting for Cold Breakfast.

Also here's a pic from the toilet paper Splatfest. Take in the ridculousness. Also I really like Marina with blue tentacles.

Damn.

I think that I can die now.

That was the peak of my life. Nothing will ever compare to viewing what I just saw.

Marina's never gonna win a Splatfest, is she?
She already scored a win in japan using the power of McNuggets

And she won the agility vs endurance Splatfest in Japan.
Here's proof:
endurance_whoopin__october_2017_results__by_endangeredcds-dbqqnaz.png

I don't really have a punny headline for this one.
tumblr_oyswoj3Lr81u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyswoj3Lr81u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyswoj3Lr81u3akyno3_1280.jpg

Hello, fellow researchers. A new custom weapon is rumored to be available tonight at Ammo Knights and it’s customary for us to note this in our research. If you head there tonight, you may find the Custom Jet Squelcher!

Like the other “custom” weapons we’ve seen before, this one is bringing a different look to an old favorite. It has equal stats to the Jet Squelcher, which means you’ll still get that delightful range. However, the kit has been modified to include the Burst Bomb sub weapon and Sting Ray special. This kit is all about options, so be sure to take your time and try everything out.

Day whatever of trying to not suck at aiming - I usually shoot too high and going over people's heads with the Charger. I also might overcorrect my leading too much, but plenty of times I shoot where they just were. I just need to take slightly more time to aim right. Also have to figure out how to not just die to Gals and Squelchers, maybe I should use the basic kit with Splat Bombs or git gud with the Splash Wall if I stick with Firefin (but I'll probably end up unlocking the Hero Charger).

Also I swear this Aerospray continued shooting after I killed the guy. I pinged Ouch because I thought someone else had made it to our side of the map and killed me.

OK if Marina honestly loses this extremely easy splatfest I will have nothing left but absolute loathing for my teammates for eternity

Reactions: North888
I will side with the Squid Sisters when they show up to rep the obviously best Sci-Fantasy.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
OK if Marina honestly loses this extremely easy splatfest I will have nothing left but absolute loathing for my teammates for eternity

How many RPGs involve science-fiction in space? None that I know. Automatic win for Marina.

HOW CAN I SUPPORT MARINA WHEN SHE KEEPS PICKING SUCH BAD CHOICES

You mean, receiving bad choices. The game developers made her do it!

But what's the line? Monster Hunter is about fighting giant monsters, but it doesn't technically have magic, it has giant-ass weapons and monsters that totally break physics but it could be soft sci-fi (though the usual point of soft sci-fi is "what effects does this have on people's mentalities and how cultures form"). Steven Universe is about high-tech aliens but they're like, living minerals with soul weapons.

Chrono Trigger is definitely fantasy but it has sci-fi stuff.

This is why I like to just say sci-fantasy and call it the best.

There are so few sci fi anythings that outshine the fantasy outspects. Sure you can create portal through walls but ther other side has literal magic. I can ride a dragon create magical portals to several ew dimensions AND still have elements of Sci Fi without it being the main focus.

This could go either way. Marina's gonna need all the love she can get.

There are so few sci fi anythings that outshine the fantasy outspects. Sure you can create portal through walls but ther other side has literal magic. I can ride a dragon create magical portals to several ew dimensions AND still have elements of Sci Fi without it being the main focus.
Most sci-fi isn't simply fantasy storytelling in space, good sci-fi is all about asking "What if?" Start with a premise and then explore the ramifications of it. It's less about the supernatural and more about a vehicle for an introspective look at human nature, morality, and the world around us.

"What if artificial intelligence becomes self-aware, how can we ensure it's safe?"
"What if we accidentally destroyed the world in a metaphor for the atomic bomb?"
"What if disguised robots became near-indistinguishable from humans?"
"How would a two-dimensional person perceive a three-dimensional universe, and how would we perceive four or more?"

That, to me, is the most interesting stuff.

Don't mind me, I'm just brushing by! Nothing Nouveau.

tumblr_oz6gyuC5Ut1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oz6gyuC5Ut1u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oz6gyuC5Ut1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

Reports are in that something a little nouveau will soon be on the shelves of Ammo Knights. “Nouveau” as in “Inkbrush Nouveau.” This bristling beauty matches the stats of the Inkbrush but has a kit that’s built for speed. It comes with the Ink Mine sub weapon and the Baller special to break through your enemies’ defenses.

Last edited:
Can Inkopolis News, like, use this camera all the time?
DOYwtmuVAAA3qU4.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: CountofBleck
ever since the toilet paper splatfest it's been pretty obvious that nintendo is trying to get us to hate marina

i'm not falling for your trickery

No its worse than that. Pearl winning so many splatfests have brainwashed people into liking her shit opinions. I ain't falling for it.

I got the power of God and Anime on my side.

Pearl was meaner about fantasy than Marina was about sci-fi, so Marina's still better there.

But I dunno, I guess what I look for in a story is largely independent of setting, and since sci-fi settings are typically used for a specific type of story (because what's the point of constructing a sci-fi society otherwise), I don't usually like that as much?

Though Axiom Verge is a game where I actually got intrigued to see if there was more to the story than the regular ending, but I gave up on finding the notes because it's just like, a game made by people who weren't totally satisfied with 100%ing Metroid and wanted to make it even trickier. I also like Warframe's setting, though from the perspective of an awesome semi-mystical space commando who actually has the power to alter the current dystopian era (it would be really cool to see a story from the perspective of Steel Meridian, Grineer rebels who occasionally work with the extremely powerful Tenno that are the player-characters). And that could arguably be sci-fantasy, though it could also be soft sci-fi.