• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Splatoon

nope, it's gonna be peacock. makes the most sense. Also she looks the most like an inking right off the bat. Just give her those pointy ears, make her top hat into a Squid Hat, some ink balloon bombs and an ink 6 shooter, put her in a short sleeve shirt and running pants and blamo, i think we've got ourselves a winner.

Nah man the mascot has to be Cerebella cause she already has a hat that looks similar to the inklings hair.

cerebella.png
uhYAiMa.png

Why you wanna rep Splatoon with a trashbag

Reactions: Rellek
this is either going to result in a tie or ruin winning. my bets on ruin

Praise ruins face our glorious grilled leader.

Last edited:
Filia made the most sense to me, since Samson could just morph into an Inkling Squid hat and he's already gooey enough as it is.

wouldn't fukua be better suited for that purpose though

so when I win I would like to be represented by either
55862.jpg
or
3KcIMMw.jpg

Reactions: Ninja
I like the second one a lot more.

Is this gonna be an actual thing? Heh, it's nice when people come together in a group like this. Well, the Global Testfire's in 30 minutes, I hope to see some of you on there with me.

Kamile with a squig head photoshopped onto it. It fits Kamille perfectly :3

This is the best game about squids in like.... 10 years.

And the first event is done. Oh my gosh the game is extremely awesome
Anyways, I hope everyone had as fun a time as me.

W-why would you ignore me?! *sniff*

10 years? I'd say its been a fair longer than that since a good squid game.

Just played the Demo-thingy and literally it felt like 10 minutes passed by in that hour. As I suspected the roller is my favorite weapon (that was in the demo at least), is it op like people kept calling it, maybe but I mostly scratch that up to a really good load out. The Killer Wale and roller work well together as well as the sticky bombs. The other load outs felt like they didn't have anything going for them, 'you like bombs? no? to bad you have a load out full of bombs that don't seem to do much'. But splatter shot does seem like something that I'll return to every now and again just to help counter roller.

But yeah defiantly picking this up once I pay off my dept.

well okay impressions time
controls are pretty simple, in a good way. I had a ton of fun with it, though I think aiming could be a little tighter. The gyro is fairly sensitive and it messed up some precision shots when I jostled a little bit. It's not game ruining by any means, but I hope that just using right stick controls is a valid option.
gameplay is fast and fun, I think there should be some time limit adjustments or an option to change it. hopefully that's in the full release. I had a little trouble adjusting to the movement, since being a humanoid could be a bit sluggish and being a squid was a little slippery (heh), but I managed to adjust by the tail end of the hour. The Super Jump is a very handy option too, sometimes I used it a ton and sometimes not at all, depending on the situation. And I think that's just fine.
In terms of my loadout, I preferred the Splattershot and the Splat Charger and look forward to their variants in the full release. At risk of sounding a little silly, I feel like the Roller was little too strong. Nothing completely overpowered, but I had a match against three people using the roller against my team with three chargers and we got completely decimated. I think maybe a speed/ink/power nerf would make it a little more balanced. Not all three of those, btw. Just one will suffice, in my eyes. People hopping out of ink just to oneshot me with a slam was more common than I had hoped, but the game and my skill at it, is still but young.
The splattershot was simple fun. It was easy to use and quite enjoyable. I liked the rate of fire and decent power being balanced by the occasional shot going fuck off target. Killed me a few times, but nothing I could get mad about, though. The bombs were fun to chuck about too, especially since you could get 3-4 off on a full tank. The Super Weapon was more of the last sentence, but I found myself using it more for covering larger areas and intimidation more so than simply trying to kill an enemy. So it's good that they're fairly versatile.
The Splat Charger made me play more strategically and I had to adjust my mindset thusly. It made me take to higher ground and hide about more often. plot my course more strictly. manage the resources more tightly. I found myself frequently using my grenades to scout ahead or menace enemies, which gave me something of a tactical feel. Solid Squid and all that. My complaint with the gyro mostly happened here. My snipes had an occasional tendency to shake a little, thanks to my ever-so-steady hands, but I still had a lot of fun with it, and can't wait for the one with the scope in the main game.
The Roller was more mindless fun, but I never felt as good using it as I did the others. Like, yeah, it felt fun to just run over people, but I never felt like I doing much on the strategy front. The Roller feels more like something I would use when I want to have more of timekiller set of rounds, just silliness and shenanigans. The paintbrush roller that's coming after release seems a little more my style, what with it basically being a melee weapon, but that'll come with time.
I also didn't use the Jr. on account of my own pride. I kinda just refused when they told us it was a beginner weapon, lol. Nothing against the good players that used them, though.

Overall, very pleased and super excited. There's some definite improvements to be made, and I hope that with Nintendo's continued support of the game that we get a balance adjustment here or there, if it's really warranted.
Regardless of that, super hyped and definitely ready for some squideo games

okay voting is closed. and the winner is...

Ruin's Face at 36% (5 votes)

Peacock at: 29% (4 votes)

and... Annie at: 14% (2 votes)

Okay so today I'll be working on the faces of Ruin and by Sunday you guys will have your banner with your slogan.

TIME TO KRAKEN OUTA HERE~!

Played the demo last night and it was pretty fun.

The roller is so satisfying to play!

I don't think that they're broken yet (although I realize that the game isn't even out yet), I just think that people haven't gotten very good with the sniper rifle yet.

Getting ready to play the demo in 30 minutes. Stayed up so many hours for this~~

I need more squid

If you want the title to be correct,
it would be Splatoonem Filum

Surprisingly amiiboos are still in stock.

Well, this hour was my best out of the three and my other two were great. I also got a Squida kill on the enemy team.

1st place on 23 out of 27 games.

My best Kill & Death was 21/3

So, who else is still playing?
retczo.jpg

And now you don't get to play it.

ever.

My first session (4am to 5am) was fantastic. I was winning a lot and I learned the stages really quick. My teams also did a good job.

Second session (noon to 1pm) was fucking atrocious. All the teams I played on tried playing this game like COD and it fucked us over so hard. Also the other team consisted of 2 or 3 paint rollers while my team usually had 1 or none. We were at a heavy disadvantage lol

Second session (noon to 1pm) was fucking atrocious. All the teams I played on tried playing this game like COD and it fucked us over so hard. Also the other team consisted of 2 or 3 paint rollers while my team usually had 1 or none. We were at a heavy disadvantage lol

This is why we need a squad.

My time wit hthe game was fun. I personally found the roller a bit too dumb for me. I got stuck with a lot of bad teams and consistently did poorly. I won most of my games, but not really any thanks to my randoms. :(

I missed out on all the fun. So far people have been giving it a mixed bag. Fun, but boring after a while, and the roller is OP as all hell. Was hype for this but now not sure. Gonna wait and see.

I feel like the roller isn't OP at all. It's great for painting and decent for sneak-attacks (read: W+M1 from behind), but the moment an opponent with a mid-to-long range weapon (especially the Splat Charger) and at least mediocre aim sees a roller, that roller is dead.

Reactions: Covenant and DDB