• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Splatoon

Darn DataMiners ruining pleasant surprises.

Still interesting to know. I do wonder if the Octoling Gun counts as one of the 40 new gear pieces. if not that leaves a total of 35 non weapons to be found in Stores and 4 non weapons to be gotten from Judd.

slosher is so much fun

I cant wait to get all dis content, yo

Alredy got the Squd girl hat at the hat shop. Just need to get the dress and shoes.

I got the hat and shoes today, and getting the dress tomorrow from Spyke.

Enjoying the update so far, the slosher is defiantly good all round, just because it is really easy to attack people upwards (I see it getting alot of use tower control).
The HEAVY SPLATTING is probably gonna get more use in Splat Zones just because you build special quick while still being pretty mobile, though gonna need to turn on motion controls to get the most of it, as you still have to still be kinda accurate with it.
So far have the Squid Girl shoes and Aloha Shirt (but no Professional's Panama Straw Hat), I'ma gonna wait for the rest to appear in stores as I blew my money mostly on weapons before buying cosmetics, but didn't have much to choose from anyway.
Also gotta play a game with ZONE (who's profile's now hidden :( ) so that was fun, got Krakened by zone :3

WVW69iQzGzw_1vHEpQ.jpg

I'm so bad for doing this.

Last edited:
Slosher is hella fun, and it seems to be pretty damn useful in a wide range of situations. It's arc and range allow it to hit from very nice angles and distances, so it's been really effective in tower control. It's not useless in up-close situations like some weapons tend to be, and it can effectively hit from pretty damn for away as well. Probably gonna keep playing with it for a while.

I loved the new update and the slosher n' clothes n' straw hat n' stuff

Then I saw what changes were made to Arowana Mall + Moray Towers

And now I hate this new update ;~;

I nicknamed this update the, "Screw you, camping snipers update."

Honestly Urchan underpass being too big aside I like the new updates. For example in Moray towers you don't have to make a leap of faith to climb up the wall during splat zones. Plus it feels less funneled.

I loved the new update and the slosher n' clothes n' straw hat n' stuff

Then I saw what changes were made to Arowana Mall + Moray Towers

And now I hate this new update ;~;

I nicknamed this update the, "Screw you, camping snipers update."

Honestly I love the changes to the maps, they are improvements imho and are completely welcome.

they spice things up but also make the areas that were changed much less linear with how you had to play them. (i.e. the small corridors of moray towers on the lower part or how the middle section of the mall was very tight in comparison to a lot of the other parts of the map)

Now I dont want to get your guys hopes up but.

CLsYuHLUkAARBbq.png

they added new facial expressions to Octolings to match up with the player faces. maybe this means playable Octoling?

Sloshers

Sloshers goddamn EVERYWHERE

Sloshers are everywhere and seem to have a Crit factor as well.

I can name a few times I have Been Oneshotted by Sloshers even with the Helmet on from the Green Squid amiibo.

Still I am curious on the future Slosher and Splatling Variants down the line.

As to the new gear....having gotten the Prima guide witht he game helps in recognizing the new gear of all the *, **, and *** Ranking. I Bought the Squid Girl Hat through Spyke right after the update, and when I booted the game today found both the dress and the shoes had spawned in my shops. I missed grabbing the new NVG helmet but I know it will cycle though again. I also picked up the Traditonal Shoes and the Raiden looking hat Yesterday while today I got the white leather jacket, Retro Gaming Jacket and 4 new * visors, basically cleaning out all the new gear. THen when the timezone reset the shots I got the Traditional Shirt for Sushi chef. That just leaves the Traditional Headband, and I can sit n that one until it spawns. Everything else was from launch so I'll leave it until I have the last 4 weapons bought.

Splatfest this weekend if anything will help the cash skyrocket. for in game purchases. GO TEAM HOTDOG!

Arrowana Mall changed? looks exactly the same to me. Are you sure you guys aren't confusing the Ranked version of it as a new stage? Because Ranked maps are altered from turf war.

On a side note, finally made it to A- rank
4caae6af240b72dddcf195bf5e40b3c0.png

Also some of the gear I've been seeing online has me jelly
11705305_1052557811424059_8055802650720953246_n.jpg

11745644_1052557848090722_3117592345673201712_n.jpg

11752017_10153532991549255_3535880343098497092_n.jpg

11781600_1011143542229107_8889085030447418164_n.jpg

11800450_1056043041075536_7920893290139008739_n.jpg

11745802_10153543624904255_2119740133657904302_n.jpg

Everything in those screenshots was there pre-update. Nothing new in those gear sets yet.

Everything in those screenshots was there pre-update. Nothing new in those gear sets yet.
Uh I was referring to how they got really good sub abilities on the gear lol.

Honestly I love the changes to the maps, they are improvements imho and are completely welcome.

they spice things up but also make the areas that were changed much less linear with how you had to play them. (i.e. the small corridors of moray towers on the lower part or how the middle section of the mall was very tight in comparison to a lot of the other parts of the map)

Heh, even though I'm not a fan of it, I do agree with you.The barriers in Moray Towers, while a nuisance, are sometimes fun. But that one sign they added in Arowana Mall near the middle in Turf. (And ranked?) I would always kill E-Litres with my Splat Charger to save my team without a chance of me dying and now... ;n; My war against E-Litres rages on.

That aside, Splatfest is tomorrow! Good luck to both... and go Marshmellows! ^~^

Reactions: Era
Marshmallows for life

I considered picking hot dogs for comedic purposes but decided that team marshmallow was too good to pass up on

Team Hot Dogs. Marshmallows are only a part of S'mores, they need the rest to stand. Hot dogs you can eat with or without anything extra, buns included.

Less than 6 hours til the splatfest begins, and I'm on the outnumbered team.

I joined team Marshmallow ^3^

Reactions: DDB
Chose hot dogs because it was green and I like green better than orange.

Everytime I think I've escaped this game, another Splatfest pops up and I have to jump back on. Gotta support the Fluffy Puff Marshmallow Team!
180px-marshie.png

Reactions: Lunerstep
latest

Hotdoggoneit I ain't ging down easy ya spun sugar varmants!

Reactions: Magma442
Man dem buckets are tough... but man I'm loving my new mini gun... kinda tempted to pull a Heavy from TeamFortress and name it lol

Relevant
Don't need to say anything else.
Though I kinda wish I went hot dog for Bully la Bully jokes.

Found this not long ago
Apparently the Director didn't now about this when asked.

Reactions: North888
It's ridiculous how 80% of my games thnis splatfest have been team marshmallow vs team marshmallow

Just got to level 25 and got my Hero Helmet Replica

gimme octoling stuff, splatoon! you dinguses

Finally found the Famitsu dress in store.

Buys it.

Cannot Equip thanks to splatfest.

Damnit

Made the Max level for the SPlatfest.

Too many Marshmallow players this time, so winner is obvious this time sadly, unlike the last two.