• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

You know what I don't care so i'm just gonna say it. I think beowulfs story mode revolves around the whole plot of wrestling being fake. AND I believe that grendels mom is still alive. I'm just calling it. I have also found multiple clues to back up my claims in the story by listening to beowulfs voice clips and by listening to the skullgirls podcast Kai did a couple of days ago.

Proof #1 there are a couple of lines beowulf whispers to himself and to his opponents, for example in the video listen in @ 0:53, 2:33, 3:40-3:49
It sounds to me that he's giving himself or his opponents directions. That is also what wrestlers in the WWE would do while performing in ring.

Proof #2 Parasoul says that he served their cause back then but should have retired now. To me This could mean that Beowulf was somewhat of an idol to the egret army and even parasoul back when she was younger. However, when she saw her idol kill a gigan and injure another, it kinda broke her.

However, when she saw her idol kill a gigan and injure another, it kinda broke her.

So she's like most fans after playing Eliza story?

Joking aside I think beowulf whispering is just a reference/joke to real wrestling and not much else.

How about the streaming from Night Phyre? Anything that made you think up of that theory of yours?

It sounds to me that he's giving himself or his opponents directions. That is also what wrestlers in the WWE would do while performing in ring.
That could also just be humorous references to pro wrestling. We gotta remember that we have actual confirmation by Alex Ahad himself that pro wrestling in Skullgirls is real, that's something you really can't disprove with any theory.

I watched the interview stream featuring Night Phyre and he said that there's a possible still where there's some subtle sexual image representation.

I'm guessing that Beowulf had implied sex with Valentine based on the "Pervert Nurse" song from the playlist.

I thought Valentine was kinda asexual in that she simply has no interest in that kind of thing and uses it more as a tool to her advantage rather than anything else; on the contrary I think that if Beowulf is gonna get with anyone it will probably be Cerebella as she's already a fan of his and is known for liking older guys.

I think he'll fight Marie because he's a monster hunter aswell as a wrestler and he'd certainly love to gain the notoriety he once had, also the Skullheart is a better trophy than any belt - i'd say its his ultimate achievement to possess it.

Well who knows she would have sex as a tool as well? I mean some asexuals have sex despite their lack of sexual attraction.

I thought Alex said there was no romantic relationships in Skullgirls (with the expection of adam crush on parasoul).

I don't know, it's just that Night Phyre said that there's a subtle sexual symbol in a possible still which seems that there's probably some sexual relationship going on (not necessarily romantic) .

unless you know, Beowulf turns out to be trans

I thought Valentine was kinda asexual in that she simply has no interest in that kind of thing and uses it more as a tool to her advantage rather than anything else;
It's not that's she's asexual, that would imply she doesn't want or like sex at all. Rather, she's just an incredibly focused person, with her one goal being to take down the Skullheart, and she has very little desire for any extracurricular activities that take time away from that goal (including romance). He, "steaming sexpot," bit is an act designed to distract, but that doesn't mean her sexuality is null and void.

on the contrary I think that if Beowulf is gonna get with anyone it will probably be Cerebella as she's already a fan of his and is known for liking older guys.
I really DON'T want to see that 'cause Beo's at least ten years older than her and she's still a stupid kid.

on the contrary I think that if Beowulf is gonna get with anyone it will probably be Cerebella as she's already a fan of his and is known for liking older guys.
I really DON'T want to see that 'cause Beo's at least ten years older than her and she's still a stupid kid.
Beowulf's in his 30's, so he might even be twice her age.

I agree except that stupid kid part.

NAH SHE'S PRETTY DAMN STUPID BRO.

So anyway, I noticed something about Grendel, he's blue.
Do Gigans come in any other colors? Taliesin is pink, and I remember Alex saying elves are pretty colorful.

As much as I would love to start a character war right now this ain't the place to start it because lets face it who the hell hates beowulf?

But to answer your question Zen, yes I do think they do come in different colors some even have human skin (I.E Scynithia.).

But the bigger question is can I order my Gigan in orange?

Pink Gigans of DOOM!
new_classic_doom_enem_baron.gif

Isn't Scythana half-human tho? That would explain the human skin
What was the name of that other Gigan that Alex drew? She's not in the game but she's got dark skin, well within human range. She's also got really long arms and a big square knife.

Muro said:
Don't sleep with your idols, folks. It doesn't work out.

Speaking from personal experience?

@Night Phyre i'm gonna have to agree to disagree with you on this one as i'm pretty sure Val has ZERO sex drive (in a detached psychopathic kind of way), but yes she is a focused person.

Not to get too far off topic though i'd like to see maybe some wartime flashbacks in Beowulf's Story Mode, maybe with a touch of PTSD thrown in, maybe this could go someway to explaining his kinda self important arrogant attitude as a kind of defense mechanism (or maybe he's just a bit of a dick), great voice pack for him though really captures his character

Last edited:
Or maybe
MAYBE
He's just a pop culture idol playing on his name
You see a lot of superstars who may sound presumpous but are actually good people, having fun with the scent of glory the public gave hem
Not every idol has a huge narcisistic complex lmao

Yeah, Hulk Hogan in interviews about his career is actually a really chill and normal dude. And even if Beowulf really is loud, enthusiastic, and boisterous (as I hope he is) it doesn't make him a dick.

Off Topic, I trust Night Phyre's evaluation of Valentine a lot more seeing as he's actually spoken to Alex Ahad and thus knows more than anyone here.

Back