• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

tumblr_inline_nmzc3lD2Ha1s92em7_500.png

Did anyone find it strage the AMMOUNT of annie expressions for her interaction in the story mode?.. They were even more than Beo's.. This is way too much suspicious for them to create so many different poses and expression for her just to be on the story as a guest character....... Or maybe it's just my imagination.
Which is why I almost expected her to be playable for the Double fight. And not to keep harping on Beowulf but he had good expressions, but a few look...well...
Face_01.jpg
Face_02.jpg

Reactions: SanoBaron
Which is why I almost expected her to be playable for the Double fight. And not to keep harping on Beowulf but he had good expressions, but a few look...well...
Exactly..even though Annie stealed the whole show at the end Beo has some great moments too. I was getting so hyped for a sudden: Annie is playable. But that wouldn't make much sense so I didn't get too exited.

Reactions: DDB
What i can't believe is how big Annie's hips are, like, Damn....

What i can't believe is how big Annie's hips are, like, Damn....
I know right?... It was a huge problem figuring them out when making her 3d model.

For a brief moment my heart was in full bliss when I saw D.Violet, even for a little bit, even thought it was inside Double...

I wish D.Violet had some screen time too...

When's D.Violet?

Those cameos were all just service for the fans so that they could see the characters that didn't get voted i-
*Yu Wan cameo*
Great story mode L0 10/10 will replay.
Shhh.. Shuddap!
Don't break the illusion, deep inside we all know it to be true but for now.. let's enjoy what could have been.

i fucking love how Annie went full Sanic, when i doubt you always go full Sanic.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
I thought Annie was never allowed to swear, but she got cut off at dam-. Pretty sure if you said it outloud it's damn. Maybe the New Meridan accent pronounces it Dam-nuh? Pls boston accent Annie voice pack.

Or it could be some mental curse like she tries to then her mind cuts her off.

she's like 8 tho physically...das gross

I think I know some of the references in Beowulf's Biography :

From his likes, boots might be from a line from Beowulf that reads, "...at bay under his banner, he defended the booty, treasure he had won."

Hunting is probably a Viking lifestyle.

I'm disappointed that mead isn't one of his likes. Such an opportunity to miss. Note that mead isn't beer, which microbrewery produces.

His disliking of potatoes is probably a reference to "potato", a term in wrestling where you injure a wrestler on purpose (?).

Y'all are weird.

Tho if there's one thing I can give Annie, unlike every other "secretly ageless but takes on the form of a prepubescent girl" character, at least she actually acts her age.

Goddamn loli-bait looks, thinks, and acts like an 11 year old but it's cool cause she's actually 2000 or some horseshit.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Squigly is 14 and Filia is 16 yet those 2 have the best hips in the game, so why not Annie?

Also i'm still wondering about the Noise complains Beo talks about in the intro, does he really howl at the moon every now and then?

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
The age of consent in Angola is 12 so... the more you know I guess?

Anyway I just wanted to ask some questions about Beowulf's story. Was it the general consensus that everyone knew that Grendel was drugged? Some characters made it seem like it was obvious, but the documentary at the start and Beowulf's cheering fans seems to suggest otherwise. Also why was Cerebella captured? I get that targeting Big Band would've killed several birds with one stone regarding all of Lab 8, and Painwheel was to eliminate the threat of Lab 0's weapon, but Cerebella wasn't setup my MacDouble as well was she? I guess it was to cover the Medici's, but I thought it was a friendly fight on her behalf? And what happened to Grendel's arm at the end - did Beowulf just leave it up on the hill? And since his fight with the Skullgirl wasn't filmed, did his fans/the public believe he had beaten her? Was his new television career done to make up for that loss?

Another thing I don't think we know yet - If Annie has always been there to stop the Skullgirl, then why does Lab 8/0 exist? Or at least is as prominent at it is, anyway?

Last edited:
Another thing I don't think we know yet - If Annie has always been there to stop the Skullgirl, then why does Lab 8/0 exist? Or at least is as prominent at it is, anyway?
Annie operates behind the scenes.To the public,she's just the star of a kids shows.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith and DDB
Back up plans.

Or else the world would have already ended a long while ago by other Skullgirls if there weren't any multiple Anti-Skullgirl forces.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Did anyone find it strage the AMMOUNT of annie expressions for her interaction in the story mode?.. They were even more than Beo's.. This is way too much suspicious for them to create so many different poses and expression for her just to be on the story as a guest character....... Or maybe it's just my imagination.
Ikr?! She had ALOT of expressions for just being in this one story! I loved it though because they were all so cute, especially the no no no one <3

Reactions: DDB
The age of consent in Angola is 12 so... the more you know I guess?
Angola is a very underdeveloped nation.
Squigly is 14 and Filia is 16 yet those 2 have the best hips in the game, so why not Annie?
It's just the art style, has nothing to do with age accuracy.

I would very much like it if we dropped this subject.
NOW

Last edited:
The story makes me want a Skullgirls Beat-em-up game with Annie and Beowulf.
Sshhhh, don't spoil Lab Zero's next project like that bro.

I would very much like it if we dropped this subject.
NOW

I dropped it a while ago and i was just joking.

I dropped it a while ago and i was just joking.

I think it's mostly that, if you drop the subject enough, it builds hype. Not as much hype as, say, howling to the developers, but you can chain it to other discussion trains, so...

[EDIT] Great, of all the times for my browser to act up...

I was joking as well - I guess I could have worded it better though. This is why I should never try to be funny!

I still find it amazing how double can morph into hyper-realistic clothes and shades without running out of mass to work with. How does that kind of stuff even work? Surely she runs out of body gloop to work with eventually. Also she is apparently a one-way train to Gehenna now somehow. Forget about Ms. Fortune - Valentine should be doing an autopsy on Double instead!

Speaking of which, isn't Gehenna a stage that is brought with the Eliza DLC? If you had just brought Beowulf you wouldn't be able to access it in the stage select, right? I asked my friend if he had it and he doesn't.

Last edited:
Double gets all her mass from Gehenna i guess, and apparently she can create more cells for her forms and body, she can harden them, change their color and consistency, so i don't doubt her of creating more cells, the real question would be: How much can she multiply her cells? is there a certain limit? there's gotta be a limit or else she could just go Mecha-Double and destroy all of the Canopy Kingdom by herself.

I have heard that cell thing before, actually. Looks like the Wulfman in gonna have to lay the smackdown on some seriously gross walls!

Maybe Double uses Eliza logic of blood/body manipulation where she is strong as long as there is a constant source somewhere, whatever that might be.

Last edited:
As much as i'd love to see Beo punching fleshy walls, i doubt he can actually destroy Gehenna, i'm sure that place covers kilometers of underground space.

Reactions: evacino