• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

When Beowulf returns to Zane, the agent is wearing a shark-tooth necklace.
Maybe Stanley wasn't so lucky in this story mode...
Double is the worst dentist.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Last time I checked it wasn't her story mode we were playing.
Last time I checked it wasn't Beowulf that freed everyone and took out Double.

Last time I checked it wasn't Beowulf that freed everyone and took out Double.
Last time I checked it was Beowulf who beat Marie. Also last time I checked beating the Skull Heart and Double was a joint effort between both of them. Come on man, we're a team now.

I noticed something that may be interesting. After the Big Band fight, said man says that while he was fighting Beowulf, "they" got to Avian. When Beowulf returns to Zane, the agent is wearing a shark-tooth necklace.
Maybe Stanley wasn't so lucky in this story mode...
Unless, of course, Stanley shows up inside Double with the other DLC characters, in which case we can all just forget about thus post.

Stanley appears in Ghenna, because Stanley layed the Hurting DOWN!

Last I checked Beowulf asked me to check it again just to make sure I got it on camera

Last I checked Beowulf asked me to check it again just to make sure I got it on camera
But you're not Minette.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Last time I checked it wasn't her story mode we were playing.
Yet she was the true MVP of said Story Mode.

Reactions: DDB
Double is the worst dentist.
dub tooth necklace.png

DDB don't make me pull the "guess who's playable and who's not" card

*slams fists on table* CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CCHICKEN CHIECKEN CHICKEN

Seriously guys, Y'all need to calm down about the whole Annie/Beowulf thing.
But one is clearly superior.

Seriously guys, Y'all need to calm down about the whole Annie/Beowulf thing.
No one's actually angry at each other about that though? I don't really care about people saying it was Annie's story, 'cause that's just dumb. The people who invalidate Beowulf's story and Lab Zero's efforts, that bugs me.

So, the question that arose within myself after playing said Story Mode and reading this whole thread:

When's Annie?

Reactions: DDB
start a highly successful crowdfund for a single character.

good luck

It'll work because it's Annie.

And we've got all this Annie hype fresh from her story mode.

Gotta get approval first.

We tried that the first time votes ended, got shot down.

Lets be real now, Annie did beat double (something everyone does in their respective stories, and after Beo did it),
but Beo beat Marie and whooped Grendal in a arm wrestling contest.

Reactions: The Dave
While walking, you chance upon a calm meadow, lush green grass beneath you. It feels cool against your bare feet, so very unlike what you walked on to get there. Though you saw many bright, beautiful flowers on your path here, this is different, and the sensation feels refreshing. You notice another person not too far from you, sitting in the grass with an angry expression.

"I like flowers, though!"

I am disappoint.

While walking, you chance upon a calm meadow, lush green grass beneath you. It feels cool against your bare feet, so very unlike what you walked on to get there. Though you saw many bright, beautiful flowers on your path here, this is different, and the sensation feels refreshing. You notice another person not too far from you, sitting in the grass with an angry expression.

"I like flowers, though!"

I am disappoint.

i r8 8/8

No one's actually angry at each other about that though? I don't really care about people saying it was Annie's story, 'cause that's just dumb. The people who invalidate Beowulf's story and Lab Zero's efforts, that bugs me.
It's more like there's a page of people just going back and forth about whose story it is when the answer is pretty clear.
do_not_fave_id_picture__by_final_fantasy_tidus-d3fnr0h.jpg

I thought for sure Beo would have a reference to this:

He does have that line the big bad wulf is your hook up...or something along that line..which is a steiner quote.

I kinda agree to an extent. At least a reference to having no simpy or a "He's fat!" but alas.

As an aside, its interesting how people look at media differently..like you have people looking at things really intently talking about little things like symbolism and eyecolor...and then you have surface thinkers like me..who take the "just repeat to yourself it's just a show, you should really just relax" approach.

I suppose somewhere inbetween is the best way to look at and digest media.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
It's more like there's a page of people just going back and forth about whose story it is when the answer is pretty clear.
do_not_fave_id_picture__by_final_fantasy_tidus-d3fnr0h.jpg
It is in the last third,anyway.

but people on the internet are somehow still mad that x waifu from the poll lost to a "joke" character..the story not being exactly to their tastes is all the evidence one needs.

One lore-related detail that I want to talk about is Double's resistance to being killed while the Skullheart is still in play. I'm not 100% sure, but in all the story modes, Double isn't ever killed until after the Skullheart has been destroyed. She's incapacitated, beaten, or otherwise removed as an obstacle, sure, but her explicitly shown, "deaths," have all been post-Skullgirl-dying. Based on Annie's struggle with a Double she'd already laid a serious blow to (and then immediately kills after Beowulf destroys the Skullheart), I think it's possible that Double is near-unkillable while the Skullgirl is alive.

Granted, this could all just be because of what they felt was more exciting from a narrative standpoint, but it worked in similar fashion during Squigly's story mode, too; Double was only slain after the Skullgirl went down.

The original story modes are the most egregious in their ignoring canon logic, so I don't really hold them up as examples of how things might go in that universe. They all beat Double & Marie by themselves, which Alex personally told me would never happen.

I mean, she is a cross-dimensional monstrosity whose powers seem to be enhanced via her servitude to a trinity of powerful demi-gods. Having her lose to almost anyone 1-on-1 is only a thing because of gameplay necessity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯