• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza SPOILERS - Eliza Story Mode Discussion

Well, lore wise, that was certainily a tease. Reminds me of what bungie did with halo all the time. Also, i'm gonna post some theories I have much like I did then. Keep in mind I don't know much about old cut/releaed story stuff that was in alex's sketchbook and such

I don't have a concrete theory worked out, but here's a coupe of tangentially related thoughts I have going through my head. I haven't read much of the thread yet.

• Eliza is a god like Venus, Aeon, and Mother/Lamia (Implied by eliza)
  • Said gods are called theons, possibly related to theonite? (Implied by eliza, conjecture by @Dracogen)
  • Said gods can only exist in the normal skullgirls world through avatars (Implied by eliza)
  • Gods/theons are some sort of ascended parasite (implied by eliza/through dialog with leviathan and samson)
    • Cont of above: Requires two parasites to use the same host/combine/consume each other (implied by eliza/dialog with samson and leviathan)
  • All parasites are gods, and are avatars of gods that can only interact with the normal skullgirls world via a human host, hence parasites (conjectural extension of dialog by eliza)
  • Theons/"gods" are parasites that manage to exist in complete symbiosis or independently from a human host (implied by eliza)
  • Most myths are due to parasites and their hosts, or hosts and living weapons (Samson, Leviathan, Skehemet are examples. A conjectural example would be king arthur and excalibur) (Implied by eliza/dialog with samson and leviathan
  • Double/Mother/Mother's avatar was draining blood/flesh from corpses that marie was stocking for.... something. (Implied by eliza/dialog with double)
    • Restoring venus/Aeon?
      • Is this the purpose of the skull heart?
        • Maybe the skull heart is just another parasite?
Anyways, assuming all of this is untrue, i'm confused to as if eliza exists as a person or did at one point. Is eliza just sekehmet? Or is there some type of human host there that is still sentient? Or was there one at one time that sekhemet just took over, like samson did in that character idea?

Also, this could probably be discussed elsewhere, but i'm not gonna risk it: After seeing eliza's story mode, I really wish her blood was used a bit more creatively in battle. Don't get me wrong, I think all of the egyptian shape-shifting is really cool and imaginative, but much like how I wish double didn't have other characters moves and just turned into puddles and had long range tentacle attacks and shape shifting into various objects or fleshy things, I think blood puddles/tentacles like what we saw when she attacked cerebella and fillia would have been cool, or blood locust projectiles.

I also really hope alex isn't changing the lore/story around for us so that we have story modes for characters. I heard somewhere that eliza was intended to be the boss of a hypothetical skullgirls two, and I can see how. I REALLY don't want alex feeling like he has to change stuff around because he had to reveal/give us stuff due to all the stuff that happened regarding reverb/Autumn and everything.

EDIT:

Doing some more thinking on this.

I'm pretty confident about the last bit here, at least: The purpose of the skullheart and the skullgirl, by extension, is to gather resources (bodies) for aeon and venus to be revived.

Obvious questions: 1. Why does this require a skullgirl? Why not just have double or whatever wish granting power the skullheart has to power up double and just have it massacre things? 2. Why only skullgirls? Why not skullboys?

I think the key here is that aeon and venus (and mother), were, at least presumably, female, and that the skullgirl herself is intended to become the/an avatar for one or both or all 3 of the trinity. Marie was an unsuitable skullgirl because her will was too strong: She would be able to resist their influences. Hence why double needed to dispose of her and find other candidates.

This also explains why those with pure hearts cannot become the skullgirl: They would be incorruptible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryin
View attachment 6330

This says 'Heqet' by the way, which is the Egyptian word for beer.

Hqt-beer.jpg

Reminds me of those censored DBZ episodes where they try to hide the BEER cans from the kids by adding the word 'ROOT' in front. I wonder if this is a nod toward that? Eliza's bio says she likes beer, but it doesn't mention anything about ROOT beer... ^^;

Then again, if they actually had beer in this game, the ESRB rating might end up changing since right now it only mentions use of tobacco, but not alcohol. On top of that, Eliza would be setting a bad example for kids because she might have been doing her blood driving while under the influence of alcohol. :/ Parasoul should take her into custody.

...Wait, would that work though? Maybe Eliza could get away with drinking because of her blood alcohol content. With her endless supply of blood, the alcohol might be a very small percentage so she wouldn't actually be detected by a breathalyzer. She'd need her own specialized version, we could call it a breathElizar or something.

Hm... ^^;

Reminds me of those censored DBZ episodes where they try to hide the BEER cans from the kids by adding the word 'ROOT' in front. I wonder if this is a nod toward that? Eliza's bio says she likes beer, but it doesn't mention anything about ROOT beer... ^^;

Then again, if they actually had beer in this game, the ESRB rating might end up changing since right now it only mentions use of tobacco, but not alcohol. On top of that, Eliza would be setting a bad example for kids because she might have been doing her blood driving while under the influence of alcohol. :/ Parasoul should take her into custody.

...Wait, would that work though? Maybe Eliza could get away with drinking because of her blood alcohol content. With her endless supply of blood, the alcohol might be a very small percentage so she wouldn't actually be detected by a breathalyzer. She'd need her own specialized version, we could call it a breathElizar or something.

Hm... ^^;

Of course she could just genuinely like Root Beer. ^_^

Reactions: southpawper
Holy shit nine pages in a day this is going madly fast
First time I beat Marie and it's with the waifu. Eeeeh
I enjoyed the story a lot. I gasped. Kinda weirded out there was no mention of Valentine whatsoever?
I really hope Beowulf and Robofortune's stories are setted after Eliza's winning. It would be really interesting

Also Lorenzo as a pityful old fool gives me life I'm gonna print out his desperate face and frame it to my ceiling, so I can look at it first to fall asleep, smiling.

Last edited:
You know what I find really scary about Eliza? For the most part, she was this strong all along and was content with being a celebrity. Then Vitale and Lorenzo got too big for their britches and pushed her into a path that led her to dealing with Marie, finding Ms. Fortune, getting confirmation that Samson and Leviathan were still kicking, and finding Gehenna (which lead to the consumption of the Skullheart).

She may have encountered a few things, on her own, but if the mob just left her alone she may have just been content to let the latest Skullgirl issue blow past her. Now we're on the road to Armageddon.

Also, I'm wondering if Gehenna is, like another poster said, the remains of a past kingdom (Lamia's?) but also bits of Venus? This was under the usual place where we fight Marie, so I'm wondering if it's a hidden shrine of sorts to her daughters? Maybe? I dunno. All I know is Eliza got super charged when she bathed in the blood of that place. God only knows what purpose that nightmare meatshack was supposed to be for....

actually, if not for the fund raiser, wasn't Eliza intended to be the final boss of (the still theoretical) Skullgirls 2?
I keep on hearing this, is there a source for it?

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life
You know what I find really scary about Eliza? For the most part, she was this strong all along and was content with being a celebrity. Then Vitale and Lorenzo got too big for their britches and pushed her into a path that led her to dealing with Marie, finding Ms. Fortune, getting confirmation that Samson and Leviathan were still kicking, and finding Gehenna (which lead to the consumption of the Skullheart).

She may have encountered a few things, on her own, but if the mob just left her alone she may have just been content to let the latest Skullgirl issue blow past her. Now we're on the road to Armageddon.

Also, I'm wondering if Gehenna is, like another poster said, the remains of a past kingdom (Lamia's?) but also bits of Venus? This was under the usual place where we fight Marie, so I'm wondering if it's a hidden shrine of sorts to her daughters? Maybe? I dunno. All I know is Eliza got super charged when she bathed in the blood of that place. God only knows what purpose that nightmare meatshack was supposed to be for....

The Medicis have proven time and time again that they are masters of douchebaggery. The kind of douchebaggery that fucks it up for everyone else.

B-but Gehenna.

Yeah completely forgot about it, I only gave atention the the stage. Fixed my post
I played in sleepwalk to beat Marie otherwise I'd have no chance so the other matches were pretty forgettable. Infact, I forgot them. And looked at the stages the whole time

By the way I hope all the people who hated Cere for killing Fortune are happy. You can't complain anymore

A criminal organization fucking something up?? Boy what a surprise

I was kind of hoping Squigly and Filia would join Eliza's fun in the tub.

You do realize that both of those characters are underage, right?

You do realize Eliza put Filia in an extreme fetish costume made of blood? Not to talk about Fortune's bikini. Such choices do raise some questions

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life
How is it Fetish? I dont remember it well but it looked like a sarcophagus of blood trapping her

That's kind of what I got from her story mode. She's an evil, chaotic being. I mean, she can be a diva too, but we see more of that side of her when she's fighting, like when she loses by time-out ("I wasn't even trying!"). But I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.

Eliza seems more like a villain with no concrete plan and just does whatever the hell she feels like. Opposed to Marie, a more sympathetic villain with an agenda. I like to think of Eliza as this game's Joker, while Marie is this game's Mr. Freeze.
I don't think that's an accurate comparsion.

The joker is purely sadistic and insane. He's Majin buu. Eliza has bits of Freeza and Cell. She enjoys living a life of luxuary, and she's not entirely sadistic or cruel. She can be, but she doesn't go out and kill people for the fun of it, most of the time.

She seems to genuinely enjoy cerebella's company and chatted with her until she got in her way. She's a ruler, not a serial killer. She also seems to actually care for horace and albus. I doubt she would give more then a second of hesitation to getting rid of them if they betrayed her, but as long as they are loyal, she seems to treat them well and cares about them. All 3 of the DBZ examples I gave would give no second thought to murdering any of their underlings just because they felt like it.

Reactions: Ryin
You do realize Eliza put Filia in an extreme fetish costume made of blood? Not to talk about Fortune's bikini. Such choices do raise some questions

Alex is someone else who probably needs to realize this.
Fortune's of age though, she's fine.

How is it Fetish? I dont remember it well but it looked like a sarcophagus of blood trapping her
Well you can have a sarcophagus that looks like this:
sarcophagus-gold_pair_md.jpg

Or you could put someone in a bondage outfit complete with Gag and tight leather blood materials.

All I'm saying is that there could have been a bathtub stage

All I'm saying is that there could have been a bathtub stage

There
is...
13919132903_1d0b968055_z.jpg

Also this insinuation literally changed nothing about your original statement.

If SG isn't expanded in the future I truly hope there is some way we get the full story. After seeing Eliza's story mode there is just no way SG can be forgotten. It'd be tooo crueeeeeeel!

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
Also, I'm questioning more and more about how much Albace and Horace know about her (And the extent of their loyalty)

They don't seem to have any problem fighting in her stead. They jumped in to protect her from Double without a second thought. To me they seem to be extremely loyal.

lol check out what just came out today...
we need her as a boss in other story modes...

Reactions: ScarletGungnir
Meh, we are already playing a murder/violence fantasy where we make a nurse pulls out the lungs out of the nose from people in an operating table. Saying that ephebophilic fantasies with cartoon characters is going too far seems to be a bit late.

True. So all in all, it's the mafia's fault. They messed with the wrong lady.

Now that I think of it, I'm curious if "Eliza killed Aeon and Venus" was a concept in Alex' head from the very beginning, or did the idea only appear after the character votes in the form of a "welp, neither was chosen and chances are we'll never make them, might as well kill them off and call it a day".

Reactions: Phish Food o3o
I'm not wrong right? Alex Ahad purposely gave Eliza a shit eating grin a la Jetstream Sam, didn't he?
Like he was thinking that when he drew that portrait. I fucking love these people.
7d6d8b45c2b1790114a6c83c9874e7b2.png

"Is your cause just, or is that 'just' what you tell yourself, Samson?"

Now that I think of it, I'm curious if "Eliza killed Aeon and Venus" was a concept in Alex' head from the very beginning, or did the idea only appear after the character votes in the form of a "welp, neither was chosen and chances are we'll never make them, might as well kill them off and call it a day".

But, but, they appear in "threads of fate" ending.

"welp, neither was chosen and chances are we'll never make them, might as well kill them off and call it a day".

R.R. Martin, is that you?