• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Tech Thread: Small/Big Tips & Strategy YOU Notice? (NEW THREAD)

Squigly raw tag is a shenanigan you keep in your back pocket and use rarely enough that when you do use it, it works.

Reactions: alexpi and Spencer
More Squigly nonsense (Requires level 2 stancel)

c.lk > c.mk > s.hk Seria cancel > dash jump > j.mk > h.divekick

So you have to be really close because the dash jump goes underneath them and you hit with the backside of j.mk
If they block the j.mk the m.divekick will whiff or it will connect and depending on the character you are either + or - because it depends on where you hit them with the divekick. Divekick connecting high up will be negative and low divekick is +10~

By timing it correctly
It's pretty easy on light characters, but it can be done on everyone except big band

Edit: The setup is probably distinguishable from the crossup thing, but you can still mix it up with frame traps and stuff

Probably really late, but after testing the air throw after fast fall, it does actually work on Big Band. <3

If you play Squigly with brass knuckle assist, you can get meterless midscreen throw conversions without a charge
Works on everyone except Painwheel and Peacock, though you need to skip the c.HP against Eliza

Edit: Hairball and cerecopter work even better, you don't even need silver chord for those. These are probably more universal as well.

Last edited:
Whoa, I was waiting an excuse to use Hairball instead of french twist. Looks like I have now.

If you play Squigly with brass knuckle assist, you can get meterless midscreen throw conversions without a charge
Works on everyone except Painwheel and Peacock, though you need to skip the c.HP against Eliza

Edit: Hairball and cerecopter work even better, you don't even need silver chord for those. These are probably more universal as well.

What input do you use ? I can't get it to work

What input do you use ? I can't get it to work
Call assist and then qcf+mp during the end of throw recovery
I'm pretty sure there's a buffer for it, as it's pretty easy to do consistently

I was messing around with this and I managed to do this using Hairball H (sorry for the terrible quality of the video)

You guys surely can perform a better combo after the j. LK, I also suck at combos. I did this againist Painwheel, Double (big character) and Peacock (small character). I need to test with the remaining cast, but I don't have time for that right now.

EDIT: works againist everyone.
EDIT2: now with much better quality.

Last edited:
Here's a character-specific position-specific mike z-approved almost-unblockable if you feel like using gimmick assists to do weird stuff
(Practical setup not included)

You say gimmick, I say online tactic.

At what point are you calling the actual assist? Considering I run these 2 and it really isn't hard to set that up, I might abuse it.

Is that assist good on its own? Or is this a one-trick assist pick?

Is that assist good on its own? Or is this a one-trick assist pick?
It is mostly a gimmick assist, but this setup is actually pretty disgusting, force them to waste meter haha.

I have a feeling I'm going to despise Eliza.

Reactions: gllt
At what point are you calling the actual assist? Considering I run these 2 and it really isn't hard to set that up, I might abuse it.
The grab just needs to happen while c.hp is out, the window is pretty big as a result

I have a feeling I'm going to despise Eliza.

Eh, the setup is only slightly better than the Excellabella unblockable.

Eh, the setup is only slightly better than the Excellabella unblockable.

I don't think it is a true unblockable. Don't quote me on this, but as PW I think I can tk Thresher it (which would lead to a full combo) or something like that. I'll have to try it out in lab tomorrow just to be sure.

I mostly just meant her whole kit (did her air-to-air hitboxes get toned down)?

The Excellabella 'unblockable' is avoided by most (if not all) hard tags and by several supers. I think the only characters that can't dodge it are Parasoul and maybe Big Band and Val, though some characters have super tight timings to actually dodge it since Daisy Pusher has about a million invincible frames. I haven't tested with Eliza, but I think she can't avoid it.

The grab just needs to happen while c.hp is out, the window is pretty big as a result
It can hit during blockstun?

I mostly just meant her whole kit (did her air-to-air hitboxes get toned down)?

Her J.fp now has hurtboxes, really big ones, so it's not as much of a neutral powerhouse anymore. She has the same hit boxes, but her "blood" now has hurtboxes so she's not disjointed anymore at all in the air.

Reactions: Spencer
boooooooooooooo

I wanted 2 parasoul style hitboxes on my team

It can hit during blockstun?
The point of the setup is that the only way for the c.hp to connect is if Valentine jumps (Or doesn't hold any direction at all, but then she sure isn't blocking)

The point of the setup is that the only way for the c.hp to connect is if Valentine jumps (Or doesn't hold any direction at all, but then she sure isn't blocking)
Yes but you want the grab to connect first, right?

Yes but you want the grab to connect first, right?
You either want them to get hit or the grab to connect
One of these will happen inevitably, as long as the grab happens during any of the active frames of c.hp

You either want them to get hit or the grab to connect
One of these will happen inevitably, as long as the grab happens during any of the active frames of c.hp
This works against some reversals but loses to just downbacking as far as I can see, unless you mix up with 6HP.

Also loses to throw without seria if you do it up close.

EDIT: Oh to beat down back it has to be spaced perfectly

Last edited:
This works against some reversals but loses to just downbacking as far as I can see, unless you mix up with 6HP.

Also loses to throw without seria if you do it up close.

EDIT: Oh to beat down back it has to be spaced perfectly
Let me just clarify this setup a bit
It works on Valentine and maybe Fortune, because they have very wide standing hitboxes (This is the hitbox that is used during jump startup)
If they jump, their hitbox gets wider and they get hit out of jump startup by the just-out-of-range c.hp (This has nothing to do with it being a low)
If they don't jump, the c.hp continuously whiffs until they try to jump, or get hit by the command grab

I have not checked what buttons or reversals can get out of this, but Valentines level 2 is a given.

mike z-approved almost-unblockable

I'm working on this. Hopefully by the time I have internet I'll have something broken to show.

Ok I wanted this to be here somewhere and no one has posted it so
Daisy Pusher What beats it and How to beat it after super flash
This was all tested on the ground after a normal was used. No Sing involved
You can cancel a normal into a raw tag
Throws cant be super/special canceled

(This is a large reason Squigly Excellebella is not good)

-Eliza - Level 3
-Squigly - counter Daisy Pusher or level 2 Draugen Punch
-Fortune (Head On) - Fiber upper s.lp (Combo Semi Spacing dependent)
-Fortune (Head Off) - H.Fiberupper Level 1 or Level 3 And depending on where the head is squigly can punish
-Peacock - (RIP) LP bang into Lenny does not work because lenny has 1 vuln frame before the invuln. Bomb still comes out though
-Parasoul - Napalm Pillar Bikes (No Full combo unless near the corner)
-Painwheel - Fly (Full Combo)
-Filia - Updo Gregor (Full Combo)
-Bella - Devil Horns Ultimate Showstopper or Devil horns Dynamo (Spacing Dependent Combo)
-Valentine - EKG (Spacing Dependent Combo)
-Double - Car (Spacing Dependent if car only hits 2 times then squigly can punish otherwise she gets hit) or Level 3 into s.lp
-Big Band - H.Beat Extend Level 3
-Fukua - BFF

Raw Tags out of the Daisy Pusher

-Eliza - Beats it + Combo
-Squigly - Spacing Dependent (on whiff can be punished)
-Ms.Fortune - Beats it No Combo
-Peacock - Beat it + Combo
-Painwheel - Beat it + Combo
-Filia - Beat it No Combo
-Bella - Beat it No Combo
-Valentine - Beat it No Combo
-Parasoul - Beat it No Combo
-Double - Beat it + Combo
-Big Band - Beat it No Combo
-Fukua - Spacing Dependent + Combo (On Whiff Punish)

Last edited:
-Squigly - counter Daisy Pusher
Charged DP will also dodge it, pretty sure there's time for a punish

-Fortune (Head Off) - Level 3 And depending on where the head is squigly can punish (RIP)
Head-off fiber is still throw-invincible, so hk should work just fine. Level 3 also works.

-Peacock - (RIP)
Frame-perfect lp bang into lenny works in theory

-Parasoul - Napalm Pillar Bikes (No Full combo)
Are you sure you don't get a combo? I am skeptical but can't check right now. I'm pretty sure level 3 works as well, but I bet it wastes a bunch of damage.

-Bella - Devil horns Dynamo (Spacing Dependent Combo)
Devil horns showstopper works as well

-Double - Car (Spacing Dependent if car only hits 2 times then squigly can punish otherwise she gets hit)
Level 3 and Level 5 should work

Last edited:
Here's a pretty tricky at least three-way mixup thing that only works on Squigly
For when you feel like you don't have enough character-specific resets in your life

Reactions: NeonNightRider
@zeknife Thanks this should now cover everyones other options. But Peacock still loses. I tested the hell out of that one.

Double - Level 3 does not hit but you recover before squigly and can s.lp for a counterhit

Bella - Devil horns Showstopper works and you get a combo midscreen. Probably a better option.

Parasoul - Level 3 gets a combo if you RC right when daisy pusher becomes inactive. Probably not worth it unless itll kill. (You can also napalm pillar for the extra invuln to get more hits of the level 3 to connect) [Also I think napalm pillar straight up wins sometimes. It happened twice randomly. Im assuming its 1 frame]
She gets a combo if she is near the corner. Dont think she can pick up after bikes midscreen ever. but idk I dont play her.

Peacock - No matter what if you LP bang and do any super after you instantly go into the grave. Lenny has 1 frame of vuln then the invuln kicks in. She will always fall straight into the grave. Lenny loves to watch this. So do I

Fortune (Head Off) - H.FiberUpper level 1 (Spacing dependent combo based on head positioning)
Thanks I kinda forgot to super cancel that thing. wooops.

Squigly - H.DraugenPunch s.lp
Yeah that is a better option if you have a charge. I just like the whole interaction of "Get in the grave" "Nah You get in the grave"

So, we've had Eliza in retail for a bit now, anyone notice any particular stupidity you can do? I've only done a few bits of experimentation. All I've got so far is that you can do the normally corner only s.mp xx stancel shenanigans mid screen with heavy Spiral assist; Eliza gets a lot out of either Drag n Bite or c.hp as she can use them mid-combo to add a big chunk of damage by calling assist during her 3x s.hp forcing them to stay standing; and you DHC out of Lady of Slaughter into SBO, get a stance charge, and if you have good timing get a Silver Chord too.

@alexpi Have you messed around with horace divekick assist? its pretty braindead. Really good. end combos with calling assist blocking or jumping over them and divekicking. easiest confirm. Thats all ive messed with

So I've kinda developed my first bnb (I know I posted that I would learn combos in the combo thread, but never took it seriously despite my love of the work done), and have developed a trap using double silver chord of sorts:

sx = stancel

0 charge, 0-1 meters
lk,mk,[hpx2] sx
lk,mk,[hpx2] xx Silver Chord
Hk
jlk, jmk x3-4, jhp
Rejump jlp, [jhk on non-heavy chars] xx H fallen lady
Then choose one:
>[0 meter] Back off, cHP (one hit, follow with the below if opponent bursts:)
> [0 meter] Fully charged liver mortis
> [0 meter] Silver Chord, chordless BnB
> [1 meter] Fully charged liver mortis, SBO
>[+Big Band assist] dash, M-A train assist, silver chord or restand
>[1 meter] SBO, liver mortis
>[1 meter] Silver chord xx Daisy Pusher up close

Is there any way to escape the close daisy pusher after a second silver chord in a combo? I've messed around with quite a few chars in training on nightmare, and a couple of possibilities come to mind - I'll test, but if you can think of any please let me know.

Last edited:
After second silver chord I think you're still at an advantage but not so much that someone can just up-back after a raw daisy pusher. Don't think it will work unless your opponent is napping. I'll have to test to make sure.

The double chord is mostly good for messing with people's heads. After you do it once in a set, it forces your opponent to pay way more attention.

@NeonNightRider I've tried divekick, butcher's blade, throne, heavy spiral, and axe as assist options so far. I'm currently running eliza point, so not a huge fan of the sekhmet assists. Throne gave me some weird gimmicks with parasoul, but not really worth it overall. The divekick was ok for catching folks sleeping, but in the end I've been sticking with spiral for the combination of amazing chip and OK lockdown.

this is probably found by yaya or someone else but here's this stuff.

It sounds scrubby asking this (I'm not an awful Squigly, I swear), but what use do any of you guys have for Tremolo? It's become pretty much the least used move in her arsenal for me. Not good for neutral or combos really.

uncharged is good for corner combos, charged is ok full screen