• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Tech Thread: Small/Big Tips & Strategy YOU Notice? (NEW THREAD)

i think meterless then charged ground worm thing does more than drag and bite. i could be mistaken though ive just turned off ps3 and cant be bothered to check now.

I can't seem to get it to work.

You need to delay the jump a lot. I was trying out instant double jumps to get the j.mk to hit at that height with different timing but couldn't get them to fall behind me after.

I don't know how many of you already know this, but I found out in a match yesterday that Squigly's s.HK goes under Parasoul's LP and HP Napalm shots. If you stance cancel out of it Parasoul can't sniper shot you if she's far away.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
- Oh btw activating IPS in an air chain & using j.lp/j.lk > j.mp works verrrry nicely when people stop falling for the lone j.lk or h.lp. I did it on nuns :D lol sorry broski. But yeah interchange them to start messing with people.
- aggregio charged version works nicely for parasols who like to tear spam

Last edited:
I need help with squigly's stance chains: everytime i end a chain with qc.P, i press two PP buttons but the combo resets instead of chaining. what should I do?

you don't chain after a stancel. You need to wait for the animation of the stance cancel to finish so you can link whatever move afterwards.

The inputs you should be doing are something like this: s.HP x 2 -> qcf+PP (or KK), then wait until the animation has finished and press LP, which makes you link the LP, starting a new chain. If your stance is charged, the timing for this is easy. Keep working your way up to longer-startup normals from that.

The stancels you want to have down are s.HP sx cr.LK with uncharged stance and s.HP sx s.HP and/or s.HP sx cr.MK with charged stance. Both the HP -> LK and HP -> HP links aren't easy, but if you want optimal (solo) damage there isn't really any alternative. Being able to stancel cr.HP into things also can come in handy.

I need help with squigly's stance chains: everytime i end a chain with qc.P, i press two PP buttons but the combo resets instead of chaining. what should I do?
stancel after impact

Here's a few resets I found in training mode last night. None of this is earth shattering, how-did-you-end-up-on-the-other-side stuff but it adds reset points to parts of my combo that didn't used to have them, which I always like.

s.HK, j.LP, j.MK, delay H divekick
s.HK, j.LP, j.MK, j.HP, land, j.LK, j.MK, delay H divekick

Beats mash jab which I always like in a reset. Actually it counter hits their jab if they try and you get counter hit H divekick which leads to good damage. Not safe obviously but who punishes H divekick, am I right guys? Am I right? Loses to upback. Also, even though you wouldn't think so, it loses to reversal ground supers because they don't recover from hitstun until they hit the ground. If you're expecting the upback option you can land and c.LK (this option loses to mash jab though). The second one of these resets whiffs on Painwheel and maybe other characters.

s.HK, j.LP, j.MK, j.HP, land, slight dash forward, c.MK c.HP xx Silver Chord

The slight dash isn't even to get the c.MK to connect, that always seems to work. It's actually to get the 4th hit of c.HP to connect, that one was whiffing without the dash, even though the 3 before it would hit. Anyways this also beats mash jabs because you're hitting them with just the tip of the c.MK. With this one they recover in the air so if they're trying to Dynamo or whatever they're not gonna get it unless they delay their mash until they hit the ground. They can air super obviously or just double jump out of it (you might be able to air grab them if they try to double jump, or just in general as another option? Didn't check that). The mixup once they're expecting the c.MK option is to do less of a slight dash then grab them, this loses to mash jabs though.

Beats mash jab which I always like in a reset. Actually it counter hits their jab if they try and you get counter hit H divekick which leads to good damage. Not safe obviously but who punishes H divekick, am I right guys? Am I right?

I rarely use H divekick in my resets anymore unless it's more than 50/50, the risk I don't feel is worth it so it mostly gets used in gimmick resets now. I will do it on new opponents a few times but once they start punishing it, it seems the risk is at least equal to reward and I will only do it on a read or if I think I have them confused.

So I was in training mode early in the day and seeing how Squigly works she seems to have some type of unblockable right?

My assist for Squigly is her cr.HP(She's sitting,head down while Leviathan breaths fire) its a low of course.Can this be use as a unblockable/set-up as my opponent's second character comes in or can they pushblock it before I can get this off?

There's no true unblockables in skullgirls. The moment you hit block stun, you block all heights for that frame. Also, absolute guarding grants more frames of blocking at all height levels. The closest thing to an unblockable is to have Excellabella assist and call it as you perform a Daisy Pusher. A few characters can get out of it, and anyone can mash tag out of it, but other than that it's unavoidable.

Reactions: Israel
There's no true unblockables in skullgirls. The moment you hit block stun, you block all heights for that frame. Also, absolute guarding grants more frames of blocking at all height levels. The closest thing to an unblockable is to have Excellabella assist and call it as you perform a Daisy Pusher. A few characters can get out of it, and anyone can mash tag out of it, but other than that it's unavoidable.

Thanks for the info.....what a shame that would of being great to use though.

Thanks for the info.....what a shame that would of being great to use though.
Don't be discouraged from trying 2HP assist though, it is fantastic. You can't set up unblockable but you can set up reallllly difficult 50/50 that noone could realistically block on reaction.

It also has a fantastic hitbox and squigly hides herself behind you, so it is MUCH easier to call in more situations than other similar lockdown assists.

Don't be discouraged from trying 2HP assist though, it is fantastic. You can't set up unblockable but you can set up reallllly difficult 50/50 that noone could realistically block on reaction.

It also has a fantastic hitbox and squigly hides herself behind you, so it is MUCH easier to call in more situations than other similar lockdown assists.

Cool! I'll keep that in mind.......so Hard-To-Blockable?

Squigly 2nd is basically the ONLY way to go with Squigly.

Recruited another to the church of 2HP, we will usurp the drag'n'biters

....huh???? What do you mean squigly second lol. You mean c.hp? Or her on anchor? Definitely not anchor I hope

But anyways, yeah I'm using c.hp more. Definitely a great assist for sure.

....huh???? What do you mean squigly second lol. You mean c.hp? Or her on anchor? Definitely not anchor I hope
I mean 2nd on a 3 character team haha

To be clear I'm only liking this post for the first half of it (drag 'n bite master race)

I also use 2hp. But I've been dicking around with Center Stage for kicks, and it's really fun to use.

Also didn't her Draugen punch get invincibility now? so it could be good

I also use 2hp. But I've been dicking around with Center Stage for kicks, and it's really fun to use.

Also didn't her Draugen punch get invincibility now? so it could be good
Only in level 2. The uncharged version is still vulnerable on startup even if you use the H version. So, good on point, still not good as an assist.

Yea I feel like she does wonders for a team if she's Mid char.
To be honest I don't see what's the big deal about Drag N' Bite,its just a combo extender or lock-down assist,just like Filia's Hairball or Bella's Cerecopter.If I am missing something about her Drag N Bite assist by all means tell me.

Yea I feel like she does wonders for a team if she's Mid char.
To be honest I don't see what's the big deal about Drag N' Bite,its just a combo extender or lock-down assist,just like Filia's Hairball or Bella's Cerecopter.If I am missing something about her Drag N Bite assist by all means tell me.
As Peacock if you do a teleport crossup with it and they block it crouching, you can instant air dash j.MP, which whiffs and the Drag n Bite pushes them under you so you end up on the original side. It's hard to block. There's other mixups like that I do with dnb that I can't do with c.HP.

As Peacock if you do a teleport crossup with it and they block it crouching, you can instant air dash j.MP, which whiffs and the Drag n Bite pushes them under you so you end up on the original side. It's hard to block. There's other mixups like that I do with dnb that I can't do with c.HP.

Oh ok so its just use in the same way I use 2HP for Filia.....right?

its just a combo extender or lock-down assist,just like Filia's Hairball or Bella's Cerecopter.If I am missing something about her Drag N Bite assist by all means tell me.
It moves forward across 3/4 of the screen unlike Cerecopter, and it does that slowly unlike Hairball. It is exceptionally good at Spacecontrol.

Ok so now I'm seeing why people use Drag N Bite so much.Wouldn't you consider Drag N Bite more of a Zoner/Space Control type assist?

When I still used drag n bite this was my favorite thing about it.

Ok.That was swag and the fact you slow it down to see it happen again in slow-mo was even more swagtastic.

Hey all, new here. Don't know if this is known, but was messing around in training mode and found something (maybe).

s.HK > stancel, but instead of letting go, hold the stance and use the hops as a potential cross-under/fake cross-under. From a "normal" distance, one hop forward causes squigs to look the other way as if she crossed under, but the opponent lands on the original side. 1 1/2 hops-2 hops is a real cross under, and when close, 1 full hop crosses under. From far away it varies, but more times than not 2 hops will actually cross under.

Hope I'm not just giving already known info, let me know what you think

EDIT: After some testing, at a "normal" distance 1 1/2 hops makes for a really dirty cross under, I can't even tell what side I'm going to land on sometimes. Also forgot to mention the cross under follow-ups (if they aren't obvious enough) are a low, squig's standing overhead, grab, and air grab if your opponent is just holding up/up-back

Last edited:
They can easily push buttons on the way down, or double jump, or airdash or basically anything, so I find resets like that slightly dubious.

Hey all, new here. Don't know if this is known, but was messing around in training mode and found something (maybe).

s.HK > stancel, but instead of letting go, hold the stance and use the hops as a potential cross-under/fake cross-under. From a "normal" distance, one hop forward causes squigs to look the other way as if she crossed under, but the opponent lands on the original side. 1 1/2 hops-2 hops is a real cross under, and when close, 1 full hop crosses under. From far away it varies, but more times than not 2 hops will actually cross under.

Hope I'm not just giving already known info, let me know what you think

EDIT: After some testing, at a "normal" distance 1 1/2 hops makes for a really dirty cross under, I can't even tell what side I'm going to land on sometimes. Also forgot to mention the cross under follow-ups (if they aren't obvious enough) are a low, squig's standing overhead, grab, and air grab if your opponent is just holding up/up-back
yeah it's been known for a long time actually. But thanks anyways and welcome. I would say use this VERY sparingly for light characters. Definitely more viable for heavies though. I always catch doubles when i do it though. for other instances just do the M Divekick crossunder

Ah ok, thanks! Still a bit behind information wise, just started playing again since the console release. Also, what is a relatively easy double snap combo? I keep catching assists but I don't know what to do with them ;;

after a double snap in the corner go for c.mk into hk then hit then with a lp on their way down into another hk and loop Lp and Hk.

Ah ok, thanks! Still a bit behind information wise, just started playing again since the console release. Also, what is a relatively easy double snap combo? I keep catching assists but I don't know what to do with them ;;
A generally better version of this, especially on lights is either:

Jump forward divekick then hold left/right for the mixup. It is the same thing but more visually confusing, giving them less time to recognise the situation and react.

Double jump forward j.MK. This hits in the air, but it is unreactably quick and can catch people even when used on them multiple times as long as it isn't all you do.